/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳What went wrong with World's music?: youtu.be/BS9_neMyesM
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous shitpost:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jl2j8gLeUC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stop fucking spamming

Faggot

Reminder the 2ch leak is real confirmed by the event PDFs

Deviljho is coming out March 9th.
Lunastra and Oroshi are part of the spring update as well.
There will be balance changes for older weapons, and "new" weapons added that aren't part of the Jho/Luna/Oroshi pack.
Alatreon is coming in the summer title set for July.
The pack will include Shaggy with the title update monster headliner being Zinogre. The Zinogre trailer will drop in April.
There will be a Shonen Jump crossover with Black Clover in May.
There will be a God of War crossover for Sony PS4 in June.
In May there will be a full Elder hunting Luna/Teo/Kushala/Kirin/Nerg.
In September there will also be the first release of a new map called the Shimmering Lagoon. It's half jungle and half lagoon with a series of caves connecting a hidden second lagoon. Plesioth, a new world subspecies of Royal Ludroth, a new world subspecies of Barioth, a new fanged wyvern based on a crocodile, and Chameleos.

>have to work on term paper all day erry day
>would much rather grind decos autistically

how do i play lance? i want to learn a new weapon

>not wanting to fuck animals is being a faggot
ok, trashman

Is the Xeno armor set and weapons good or not?

Unironically hype.

Are we being invaded by twelve years olds?
Who doesn't know the difference between furry shit and Muhut's stuff?

>There will be a God of War crossover for Sony PS4 in June.
WHY NOT PIC RELATED
also whens megaman palico?

Has anyone found Xeno, Zorah or Teostra decorations yet?

you can use three piece xeno with cluster hbg or maybe IG
the weapons are mostly crap

Complete wishful thinking.

Reminder that Bazel is better than Jho
Basic Lance is Poke and Guard
Advanced Lance is Poke and Counter
Genius Lance is Poke, Counter, Charge, Powerguard

>God of War crossover

Just end it all already, ffs.

What armor and skills for LS?

black clover collab
i cri evrytiem

>I do not require your help, hunter

Edgy

Sony doesn't have a new Bloodborne to hype up. Nearest we might get would be if Bamco wanted to shell out for something to hype the Dark Souls remaster.

I FUCKING WANT THE TRICKED VERSION OF LUDWIG'S HOLY BLADE AS A GREATSWORD

>There will be balance changes for older weapons, and "new" weapons added that aren't part of the Jho/Luna/Oroshi pack.
boy am I glad that all my augments will suddenly become useless because they'll nerf the weapons they're in

Sorry bitch, but the leak is real.

So i got the nerg SA, so i kind of feel done with this weapon, whats a good weapon to go next? I tried LBG in the beginning but it wasnt fun. So anything but those two.

>Capcom adds transmog
>it costs $5 per set of armor
Would you do it?

>new fanged wyvern based on a crocodile
based is fuckin right, it better have a goddamn death roll

no

Always overlooking the portrait version ZM

never used meld and im 120 hours into the game. what are they and how do i use it?

how do i build for lance?

For the Diablos Chad Blade do you augment one affinity one attack or both attack?

LEAKED IMAGE OF THE SECOND DLC

MY DAD IS CAPCOM

Yes.
I would buy every single fucking dlc

most people do double attack

No. That's just freemium mmo levels of kikery, for something that is easily implemented.

Comfy T2s?
Comfy T2s
ID: 4DwF3YhwicL4
PS4
Come on and join /mhg/!

Sounds good, thanks.

There are three kinds of melding
>Item Melding
Good for getting stuff like Screamer Pods

>Fixed Decoration Melding
You can only get basic things like elemental damage or elemental resistance decorations from it.

>Random Decoration Melding
Costs streamstones to do, but can produce any decoration.

You trade items and some research points for other items, basically. Random junk like monster parts and bones for items, decorations you don't need for other decorations.

>cuck of war crossover
We getting a TLoU crossover too? Capcoms batting 1000 with this cinematic western trash pandering.

WE + Guard 3 + Atk Boost. + As much Handi + Non-Ele (if using Babel or Odo) OR Crit Ele + Ele Up (if using Ele Lances)

People like Guard 3, Guard 4/5 or Guard Up is mostly overkill.
Evade Extender can help a lot too cause hops will become extremely useful for mobility
Otherwise just your standard damage stuff, I'd like to play around with Peak Performance + Life Augment Lance but I need Streamstones and better gear. You can do either Raw Lance with Babel/Barroth/Odo. Nergigante Lance for I don't have good gear yet. Elemental Lance with Kirin/Legiana/Rathalos.

>spiderman
>new game coming out
>you can already swing from bugs

I don't see why not.

I have two questions.

Why does uragaan move like a retard? He always has this excessive wobbling that doesn't fit with how slow he moves on-foot.

Second.

Is it me or are the Classic monsters much easier tells overall than the new ones? Let's say, Nergigante was outright overwhelming and unpredictable compared to Teostra, whose moves followed a certain, easy-to-see logic behind them. Something similar happened compared Rathalos to Anjanath.

after that garbage samurai armor it better be fucking good transmog

Getting Poop & Screamers.
And Deco Gatchapon.

I would only pay for a naked transmog.

By "naked" I mean without armor, not nude.

Capcom's just doing whatever Sony is willing to pay them to do. If Sony had decided it would be a good idea, we could've gotten Wander's outfit and a colossus palico, or fucking Crash Bandicoot as a palico for all it matters.

The classic monsters have their animations ported over from 3ds and ps2 eras while the new ones are freshly animated with all the details and work that entails.

I can't join at the moment, but here's a webm from T2 lobby earlier today

Uragaan has always moved like a dumb idiot. He did that in 3U. It's just that we have much smaller areas to fight him in comparatively.

THEY
DONT
EXIST

If it was this set yeah, wouldn't ever remove it. Thanks for the completely worthless armor set capcom.

It's disgusting that event armors aren't going to be Layered. The Origin armor should've been Layered and now the Street Fighter outfits will apparently be just LR garbage.

Which hammers should I make?

>no HR version
What the FUCK were they thinking?

diablos
magna
nerg
i was told pukei hammer is good

Classic monsters have easier tells because they've been overhauled, and also because we're used to them not having any tells - or at least faster ones - like in the older games.
therefore with the combined knowledge of fighting them in older games and them technically being 'easier' in this game, they seem fairly trivial.

That sounds great, SotC fits in with monhun too since you're fighting huge creatures. A crash bandicoot outfit for your palico would be fucking amazing.

Why is the "default" female black in both this picture and in the game's character creation?

to trigger snowflakes

>LR garbage.
sucks too because i wanted to cosplay as ryu but feel like i would get one shotted. god getting this set was such a bitch too

Post yfw Valve shills out for exclusive outfits on the PC.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jl2j8gLeUC0
I miss him bros

Fucking this.

People kept saying that Nargacuga was harder in Freedom Unite, so after playing tons of 3U, Generations and Portable 3rd, I went to play FU for the first time and had zero trouble with Narg. It's complete bullshit from FUfags.

>Valve
Are they even connected to MH:W in anyway whatsoever?

You're getting a mini-Rathalos courier at best

Haven't those DLC armors always been shit?

Alright lads, I've got four (4) hours to kill Teostra, Vaal, and Daora, then Xeno, then some tempered fucks for the Limited Bounty.

I've blasted this character through the game as fast as possible on the absolute bare minimum gear, so I could really use the help of a fully-geared character or three.

I've already beaten the game, blah blah blah. This is my second character.

Anyone down to help?

>Alatreon is coming in the summer title set for July.
Please no

Woah, they made an event quest with Frontier's version of Stygian?

Weren't the USJ and Nomura ones in 4U end game armors?

Due to abysmal drop rates I don't even try to get Elder gems anymore. I just wait until Friday for my gold ticket.

>MHG says Odog LBG is the best
>Every TA is using Nerg or Jyura
>MHG says Raw is the best
>Every TA outside of hammer is using an element or blast
>MHG says to roll through roars
>no TA rolls through roars
Uhhh...

Whats your small change that would fix MH:W significantly?

>When you start a quest the timer doesn't start ticking down until you leave camp for the first time
>After that every time you Enter the Tent or use the Canteen you are penalized 5 minutes
>In multiplayer there is a CD or something to stop trolls

Think about it:
>Well Done Steaks/Food in general becomes almost SLIGHTLY useful to boost stamina after a cart without penalty. (Make it so you can only consume 1 piece of Ration/Steak at a time w/o incurring a CD to make Well Done even more important)
>Crash Landings have a slight meaning as you don't get your "leaving camp for the first time" grace period

Add in some skills for people who REALLY want it
>Organized Camp (0/3)
Causes you to incur a lesser time penalty in camp (-1.5min/-3min/-4.5min)

>Deep Pockets (0/1)
Allows you to carry 1.2x your normal limit for items

Boom, helps curb camp abuse (I know so many newbies who go back to camp when the creatue moves and restocks everything)

Oh right I remember the USJ one being pretty good. No idea about the Nomura one though; I don't recall it.
But the rest were pretty bad.

So has anyone actually checked Bludgeoner?

For the most part. The Universal Japan Longsword was LR garbage too.
I'm pretty sure they're just for vanity

>2 full weeks till content updates
I can only farm Tempered monsters for so long capcom

Is there any reason to expect it won't be on Steam?

Now they have the Layered Armor thing already built into the game, so they should've used it.

Fight tempered elders to hit two birds with one stone. Or take a mission with multiple tempered monsters.

golden investigation + voucher. Easy gems

>not just doing it and getting the gems through sheer force of will
sad..

>>no TA rolls through roars
Either they don't have to, or they have memesteady

Why would it be though?

Yeah

Best Switch Axe please?
Nerg?

Stop making me question my sexuality, OP

Why do you have a second character?
I mean, why the fuck would you ever double up on the MH grind.

when in doubt
diablos it out

That sounds like a bunch of obnoxious shit for something that barely affects anybody.

No, a real small change that would fix World significantly would be putting the little elevator that takes you to different parts of Astera right next to where you arrive in Astera.

Teostra's Castle

>I know so many newbies who go back to camp when the creatue moves and restocks everything
What idiot wouldn't?

First image of MHWorld for the switch

Look at yourself and cry

How do you mean?

Vouchers only affect the mission reward pool same with the Legina set. The only gems in that pool are bird and wyvern gems. The rest of the gems are all in the Carve/capture pool. I also wasted all my meal vouchers on that stupid Hicarve that doesn't work for some reason.

I need to get the fucking majestic horns to get the next level. fucking dick is impossible to break his face dildos.

>No, a real small change that would fix World significantly would be putting the little elevator that takes you to different parts of Astera right next to where you arrive in Astera.
this totally. at least put a canteen on the bottom floor.

What I'm saying is do they really need to put it on Steam and even if they do does Steam care enough to try and do cross promotion.