/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Open Your Eyes Edition

Previous cycle: /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit

DD:DA pasta
pastebin.com/WfUP5Nu0
DD:DA PC Ur-Dragon status tracker
ddda.lennardf1989.com/
DDON how to play guide
pastebin.com/EvzTKE9W
DDON beginner checklist
pastebin.com/QmcXLcci

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>It seems all paths lead to Gran Soren.

No paths lead hence.

>1 reply
>page 10
delegated to /v/

>WORLD QUEST ACCEPTED DEFEAT THE ENEMY ENCOUNTERED

I would defeat the enemy if the damn quest pop up didn't block my view.

>tfw really like my warrior pawn
>nobody would ever hire a level 200 warrior pawn
damn lads..

Every pawn class except strider and ranger is useless to be honest.

It still seems people have a bigger distaste for warriors in specific though

sorcs aren't useless, it's just rare that they are useful

is it worth to buy periapts or should I just use them if I loot them?

Yeah I always make sure to rent a sorcerer once per playthrough, when I need to kill that living armor in BBI 1.0

why not just cheese the living armor? that's what i do

Depends on if the loot and XP are worth the cost.

dude, chill out. how do you even enjoy dragon's dogma with an attitude like that

>useless
bad usage of the word tbqh

I would have an aneurysm if I had to constantly watch my pawns grapple-holding weaklings, bashing their shields, or cancelling grand spells because the enemy stepped one foot back.

I've found no one hires warrior pawns at basically any level. the sad truth is fighters just do their job better

but fighters don't use greatswords

but they constantly knock down enemies and tank very well

Better skills too
but i'm autistic for greatswords

what causes a pawn to switch inclinations? mine keeps becoming a scatherer

Commands. Stop saying go.

iirc commands and actions do, like picking up stuff in the middle of combat raises acquisitor or getting downed pawns up raises Nexus etc.
So basically every fucking thing

What's your favorite move?

Skullsplitter and Gicel give me a boner. They're just so badass. Especially if I have a party of sorcs and we all cast it at the same time.

Agreed on gicel. Easily my favorite spell.

maelsatrom because it traps the enemy

>go to BBI as soon as I reach level 10
>go back to Cassardis a couple of IRL days later, 50 levels higher
>check quests

Welp, better tell Poll that I slayed those pesky Saurians under the well.

Tempest harness because I gotta go fast

Grand Gicel, High Maelstrom, and bolide.
Magic in this game is pretty awesome.

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
How often is this updated?

was last updated 3 hours ago

oh fug. I didn't realize that. Sorry for the dumb question then.

>give pawn lantern because I'm too heavy
>she equips it
>won't unequip it
>can't get it back

>lantern light attracts Death to whoever is using it

how often is it used?

i can't say. i haven't used it, and my pawn isn't on there.

Ive been using it for awhile and can safely say you wont be able to find halve the pawns on their unless they have played in the last month or so.

what causes a pawn to disappear from the rift?

I can only guess that its tied to activity and whatever wonky server side bugs exists on the nexus, Ive encountered cases where even active player pawns cannot be found.

I see. Guess I'm sticking with the steam thread

we really need to find a better way to share pawns with people who are active

desu I don't think it's gonna get better than what we currently have with certain lists being monitored

When you and another sorcerer are fighting at close range.

How do I find this steam group? I'm willing to hire active user's pawns.

It's not a group, it's in the community hub
First thread you see

Thanks user!

finally found the second level to the bishop's chamber you guys were talking about last thread.
i can't believe i ignored it all this time. it's really not even hidden.

Is there any way to stop my sorc pawn from cancelling spells if the target moves one step away?

prayer

How do I bury bones to level it up?

Do Bolide and Seism count as physical damage? I'm playing as a sorc and I'm hoping I won't keep getting one-shotted by them at some point.

You don't bury Bones. Only USADA can

Dress her up in silk lingerie and a silver chestplate and post her picture here as punishment.

>Sold by Caxton at Caxton's Armory in Gran Soren (Post-Game).
>Sold by Mathias at the Greatwall Encampment (Post-Game).
>May be found in a chest within The Greatwall: First Level Underground (only chest at this level).
>May be found in a chest within The Bluemoon Tower. (see map therein)
>May be found in chests #06 + #15 in the Garden of Ignominy (Pre-Daimon).
I'm not that far into the game yet.

Silk Lingerie can be found in a fancy chest at the Women Bandit's Den.

I haven't encountered a women's bandit's den yet. Just got to the part where the jester puts a jester hat on me and embarrasses me in front of the duke. Can I kill him somehow?

>wanting to kill Feste

Careful on the edge, master!

>publicly embarrassing the hero of the country
>not deserving death
Jesters are servants who you're supposed to laugh at. They're not upper class nobles with permission to embarrass people of high standing.

>pleb tier

Using curatives.

>mid tier

Having a mage heal you.

>high tier

Wearing the Immortal's Armor Set

>master race

Grabbing a pawn with Adept's Robe and popping Liquid Vim's until you're healed.

I was thinking since the threads seem to last around a week (if they don't die prematurely) it wouldn't be too bad to have people post their pawn info each thread. that'd give us more bumping opportunities rather than just saying aught or open your eyes again. or it'd lead to everyone posting their info right away when the thread is made and then we'd go back to the same bumps
still, it'd make sure people update their pawn information as they level up

Was it easy to get to?

>taking damage at all
Now that is pleb tier.

finally trying out magick archer for the first time. took me a couple minutes to understand how magickal gleam worked. now I feel retarded.

>Jesters are servants who you're supposed to laugh at
I never laughed from Feste. Oh wait, his comment at Aeliwhore's room is a good one.
Feste is worth the gold.

what's the least infuriating way to fill out the bestiary by yourself? I know the truly least infuriating way would be to have other people actually hire my pawn, but that's too unreliable

>areola showing
wish I had the drive to get art of my pawns/arisens that much

I suppose as a magic user, seeing how there's tons of spells that simply deal debilitations, unless you're already doing that, then simply push though.

>that'd give us more bumping opportunities rather than just saying aught or open your eyes again
But aught posting is my 2nd job user.
But I get your point. I would be up to posting my pawn info it there is a chance I could get more riftbux.

Meant to quote I'm tired.

I don't need the riftbux but
id/ illholdthemoff
sahmed lvl 200 strider

goodnight

Bolide, Seism and Gicel are partially physical, yes

friendly reminder for new players since there seem to be a decent number lately (probably from the steam sale).
don't worry about being efficient on your first play through. don't worry about min maxing your stats and don't worry about completing all the "important" side quests. just play whatever vocations seem interesting to you at the time, explore the world as you see fit, and do whatever side quests interest you
if you're on pc then you can easily respec your character as if you autistically min maxed using the input hooks mod (nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96)
and after you beat the final mission, loading your save will start up new game plus which resets all the quests but keeps your levels and items and all that stuff, so you'll be able to follow a guide to complete every important quest then if you'd like
just organically experience the world your first time through

also if you don't feel confident adding your pawn to the google doc, still feel free to post their name, level and vocation here. a few people are bound to hire them and give tips on how to improve them if needed.

WOLVES

Fuck. Those are the attacks that give me the most grief with Daimon 2.0

Post your pawn user, I'll hire her
I'm also trying to fill out my bestiary

Lewd pawns where ?

i feel like making a Sultry Set Pawn
but i've completed the intro so many times i get l sick ever time i think about it

my journey begins anew

god MA feels so good