/bfg/ - Battlefield general

No canadians allowed Edition

battlefield.com/news/article/improving-battlefield-1-weapon-balance?setLocale=en-us

TTK CHANGED A LOT
>SHOTGUNS FIXED
>SMGS DOMINATE
>LMGs MAKE MORE DAMAGE
>MEDIC RIFLES MORE ACCURATE
>snipers can suck cock, no changes

APOCALYPSE NOW
battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/apocalypse

APOCALYPSE MAPS SECOND LOOKS

youtube.com/watch?v=TXByso7FZPg [Open] [Open]

>>>LINKSPLATOONSFAQ

>trying to get the Gladiator medal
>everyone's burnt out on TSNP so I can't find any games
Eh, at least I'm getting better at AA

Bump and daily reminder to use the MG08/18 or else

wait for the weekend, at least there will be a 50/64 players match

How the hell do I get kills with AT mines after the patch?

They deal more damage since you can't place them on top of each other now
Put them in the places that tanks will reverse into, or in craters.

Easiest way to get 50 kills with the Ross MkIII?

shoot enemies in the face

>Ross MkIII has a scope and not irons

But canadians are nice. And the Hout is a good weapon. And plus half their country is on suicide watch since their hockey team lost to the krauts. So be nice

Are they going to be damaged enough to explode though? I hear I can place six at once now too.

Put them like in the pic, choose the direction you think the tank will come from so the driver won't see them easily.
Then pray

Horses also set them off so if you just need kills try to put them down trenches or corridors usually used by cavalry

Most of my AT mine kills are from single mines placed where armored cars drive over them, so I dunno how much damage a single mine does to a tank right now.
You've been able to place six at once since like november

Just like the M1901 (i think?), i hate that shit.

The M1903 has an iron sight version in the campaign, but not multiplayer. Although, it would be kinda pointless since its 1HKO range is like at 100 meters.

Anyone for PC?

I have 30 dollars what game should I get?

Indie walking simulator 2018 :^)

Vermintide 2 if you've got any friends who'd like to play.

redpill me on the difference between parabellum and mg08/18

30 Dollars worth of smedbux in Planetside 2, if you need that Battlefield itch scratched.

L M A O Ditalos can't even get people into his shitty nu-BFG discord

Convince me to buy and play BF1 with all the trimmings.

the fuck else you gonna do with $30?

feeling tempted to blow the $40 and get the BF1+4+Hardline combo pack on origin

but how dead are the games on PC at this point, especially 4 and Hardline, is it a waste, should I just buy one for $20 instead

~20k prime time for bf1 so it's not dead

Hardline is hot shit and dead, so don’t get it.
BF4 and BF1 are good

Go out and have a nice night and fuck a roastie at a bar?

56:4 w/ mg08/18

its so good

>play BF1
>just get pissed off
>be top 5 every game

I don't know what it is about this game. It just makes me so fucking irritated.

My main gripe is mortar and gas grenade spam, so hard to defend objectives in operations when everything is just covered in gas and you cant aim.

so for operations do you have to actually win to get a complete?

>get on stationary weapon
>immediately shot in head by sniper
Every time.

Get a complete what?

Me too man, playing Achi Baba operations is so fucking annoying.

Oh so you mean like WW1?

Fall off damage and reload speed

I wish this update had mustard gas.

>Does damage even with gas mask on but less than regular gas grenades which I guess are chlorine
>Disables autoheal until you reach a medic

The few times you're not immediately turned into tomato soup is glorious. It turns me middling off-day k/d into the top score, especially during Operations.

You have to get on the weapon at the last second before they get into the trench, you'll mow down those enemies. But you will die after that unless you have back up

I miss when we were able to carry 2x gas grenades that lasted like 33% longer.

Those were the days.

No, the gas already in the game is mustard gas. It got its name in the first place from its yellowish green color, while chlorine is colorless.

ITT we are shitters

>fuck off i dont have ammo only mortar and xbow

BF2018 will be WW2

Thoughts?

Can't be mustard, the gas in game is green. Besides, mustard kills regardless if you have a mask on. It's a blister agent.

>*snipes you from behind sniper shield with 1903 sniper from 300 meters*
>*teabags incessantly*

>copying their biggest competitor
i dont think so user

>take m30 scout careening down the mountainside of caporetto because fuck brakes i am the fast
>start fishtailing, hit a rocky outcrop
>lose control
>go airborne
>spinning at sonic speeds
>land
>upside down
>game begins to panic at my flagrant disregard for my own life
>vehicle begins an uncontrollable inverted barrel roll at 700 rpm
>take my bowling ballmobile into a sea of unsuspecting spaghettis
>triple kill
>immediately snap my fuckin neck from violently hurtling across the landscape upside down in an open top car
>watch in equal parts pride and horror as the killfeed continue to light up as Christine the murder wagon continues to streak across the landscape, turning more unfortunate pizzapastas into tomato sauce just like Nona used to make
>war is hell

>Assault
>At grenades and rocket gun
>Exclusively use them for spam with regular grenades
>Never engage tanks
>Teabag all the time I kill someone

That's what the M1917 Enfield's for.
>34 kills with it thus far
>1 sweetspot kill

Are you me?

is it worth buying any battlefield title on the pc right now? i haven't played since bf3 but i just got a new high end pc and i'm itching for a pretty looking and populated shooter game. bf1 is on sale for $10 for the regular edition or $20 including all dlc. debating on whether i should just buy it now or wait until the inevitable new battlefield announcement later this year.

>I don't revive I only run rifle grenades, especially in operations.

>*spawns only defender tank on beyond the marne as light tank*
>*drives straight to tank hunter kit*
>*grabs it then hops back in tank*
I just fucking quit right there

Are you fucking kidding me

What weapon is dis

>armored truck guns you down
>on the killcam you watch him drive right into your AT mines

the best one

I layed mines under vehicle spawn Positions on cuckquest maps before they unfucked operations match making.

I loved getting easy kills on newly spawning vehicle cucks then getting into REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE matches on the chat box with the dying faggorinos.

>at 9 out 10 reaper kills in one life
>we capture the last sector and the game ends

I only spawn into a plane to ram bombers

You could get it, for $20 that’s a great deal.

I wish. I don't know if he was genuinely retarded or merely pretending but I didn't stick around to find out. I expect that kind of shit from the third world but his ping implied North America.

I would do that. I love griefing when the opportunity presents itself.

Tell me about your relationship with your parents.

Pretty good. I'm married too. People take Vidya too seriously nowadays. Always nice to set nerds back in their place.

I've driven both airship and dreadnaught s out of bounds numerous times and turn the boat so the guns can effectively aim or be inrangewhile blasting dat tootytoot horn

Guns can't. Fuggin phone

Isn't it more rewarding to help people and work together?

I got the 1k metres of headshots in one life instead of the reaper kills. I feel extremely ashamed. At least least I’ll never have to be a hillcunt again

The REAL best gun ranks per class.
100% DICE approved, 110% /bfg/ approved, 120% approved by the mods.
Best to worst, new TTK+apocalypse edition

Medic:
RSC 1917
Fedorov Avtomat
Luger Rifle
General Liu
Model 8
Howell
Farquhar-Hill
Cei-Rigotti
M1907
Mondragon
Selbstlader

Assault:
Ribeyrolles
Model 1900
RSC SMG
Sjögren
Hellriegel
Trench Gun
SMG 08-18
Model 10-A
C96 Trench
Automatico
Maschinenpistole
MP 18
Auto 5

Support:
Huot
Browning M1917
Chauchat
Parabellum
BAR
Madsen
Perino
Benet-Mercie
LMG08/15
MG15 N.A
Lewis Gun

Scout:
Gewehr
Lebel
Mannlicher
Pattern 1917
Mosin
Arisaka
Vetterli-Vitali
Ross
Martini Henry
Russian 1895
SMLE
Carcano
Springfield

AT mine guy from this afternoon here, got two tanks downed by being cheeky with mines.
Also this RSC SMG is some great mid range shit.

>join game
>some retard has -600 points
Thanks for putting afflictions in the game. Really useful.

Points don't do anything to the team, only kills and caps do. It does lower your squad score making it less likely for you to get best squad but that doesn't have any gameplay effects.

Retarded list. Stop posting.

I can't not report the truth

Then update it

it's
PERFECT
E
R
F
E
C
T
though

Once you get 100 stars with something the game should call you a pathetic loser and prevent you from using it

No its not, you barely even listed the new guns. There isnt the new LMG, which is arguably the best, or the Enfield 1917. The Ross is the number 1 scout rifle next to the SMLE and then the G98. That is a vocal community opinion, at least here.

Your list is a meaningless stat list. I never see anyone use the Huot, Luger Rifle, General Liu, or M95. Muh stats don't always demostrate greatness

>vocal community opinion
Why does popularity matter?
Most of the Battlefield playerbase are casuals who play for fun and pick the easiest to use weapons.
When did the most popular guns become the best guns?

So if dice implemented a turd with backwards controls but max stats, you would put it at the top of the list? Community favoritism most certainly dictates, regardless of player base, what is good and what is bad. Tell me again why I never see almost all of your top guns (with exceptions) in gameplay? People dont like them.

The Springfield, M1907, Automatico, Lewis Gun, MG15, SMLE, and 1895 Russian I see all the time yet they're at the bottom of your list.

>Why does popularity matter?
Nobody is going to purposefully use a shitty gun lmao use some common sense.

fyi the dogfighter has explosive rounds as a secondary which have a high chance of disabling systems (engine, wings)

most of the community should be killed honestly

>Community favoritism most certainly dictates, regardless of player base, what is good and what is bad.
>Implying average player is good enough to handle Makoto in Third Strike who is consistently top tier.

>Tell me again why I never see almost all of your top guns (with exceptions) in gameplay?
Because average people like you can't hit the broad side of a barn and need a gun with a giant mag to compensate.

>I see all the time yet they're at the bottom of your list.
The most common Battlefield player is the average causal who will pick the easiest thing to use or just the first or second thing they unlock.
Their loss.
Most people don't even know the stats of the guns in the game and just pick one that "feels" right.
They never want to learn a new weapon because they're only on 3 hours a week and just want to shoot something.
They don't want to think or put any effort in.

>Nobody is going to purposefully use a shitty gun lmao use some common sense.
DICE added in guns that would alienate shitters like yourself, while people who a good enough to handle them use them.
Back to "the front page of the internet" with your 2% accuracy.

Why is BF3 more fun than BF4

mg 08/18 and ross is undisputed champ rn

smg 0/18 and selbstlader sniper are my go to

will operations exclusive skins go on the exchange?

hopefully not
you must suffer for your tacky meme skins

What does this mean? I don't speak gobbledygook

Liège for the G98 looks so good. Too bad the G98 is a shit.

>Why is BF3 more fun than BF4

easy, BF3 didnt had that many Gadgets that could kill you out of sight (like Drones and shiet)
also the 1 Grenade politic of BF3 made Grenade spam impossible, unless you are a medic with a Launcher.

the gadgets were tied up with the classes, you cant be a recon without the spawn beacon and a support without ammo box.

the weapons TTK was way slower, you had to be more accurate.

Vehicle Gameplay was a lot harder and less arcady, you was practically blind in a Tank without a Teammate on the secondary Gun, same goes for Helicopters.

Teamplay in total was way more rewarding, not just by points, but by winning the Match and the pure joy of pissing off the enemy team.

Trolling was more fun, you remember how mad people get when you Jihad-Jeep that Hillnigger Tank or Jet-rammed that 76-0 Chopper?
good times.

also a Level 100 Colonel was actually somebody, it was hard to get that level without 2x XP and the other shitty boosters.
they were feared upon the battlefield for their Skill and lack of Fucks to give.
>pic related

Gamemodes and Team Balance was always in the first place in Map Design, there are only a few maps were you could get spawncamped or had bad spots for Rush-MCOMS.

it was more realistic in my opinion, the suppression actually was something you have to be concerned about all the time, and the classes only had acces to weapons that are suiteble for them, while shotguns and PDWs are only good in CQB.
look at BF4, everybody can have a Shotgun, a long range DMR or a Carbine, what makes Weapon Balance completely Unnecessary bc a Recon now has Access to a Assault-Rifle Tier Gun like the ACW-R

BF4 > BF3

Take that back!

shit i meant to BF4 < BF3

Greentexting was seducing me again

I love the way the G98 looks in general. It’s a beautiful weapon. I just can’t the damage model that they put for it. It’s just dumb.

im not crazy for liking damascene skins right

that looks like something a cartel lord would own
>engravings don't do shit
t. revolver snake

those engravings offer no tactical advantage whatsoever

BF1 or BF4?

>tfw only have fun using 1900 slug
>only running around blasting people dont feel like a team player
it feels like this game is missing something

I sincerely believe BF1 is the best one yet and I'm not fucking sorry.