us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762056755
strawpoll.me/15137816
reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/7zsojj/valvebro_on_icefrog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ice dragons are now copyrighted by blizzard

nth for best roamer

so are skeleton kings.

xth for boipusii

All I know is from what I see around he office, I don't exactly work directly on the game
Pudge Arcana still isn't done for whatever reason, I think I heard someone talking about it coming with the battlepass in May
Forgot to mention that a lot of changes are being reverted, like the SF raze change but I dunno when. Also a bounty nerf.

>game after game of unwinnable matches with brainless asscancer niggeroid subhumans
>game after game of cancer heroes and cancer save item spam
>game after game of account buyers and griefers
Why the fuck not just quit the game at this point? You can't have fun even in the good matches anymore because the meta is so shit, and the nigger aidscancer faggot retard subhuman dogshit teammates outnumber decent players, fucking filth always in my team even with good behavior score and no reports. Fuck this fucking game and fuck this dogshit aids breeder forced 50 matchmaking.

Post dotabuff.

How do I play AW?

>satania

tab is your best friend

>dota 2

Well I'm glad Icefrog is at least going to revert something, but desu the problem always has been that Gold and XP is too fast and that the comeback mechanics screw up the psychological effort/reward pattern

Give this to icefrog if possible:

kills/assists now grant gold based on the following factors
>amount of seconds the killed hero has been alive since his current death * multiplier
>current game time * multiplier
>killed Hero deaths, and killing Hero Kills/Assists
And all of those times a constant. All refferences to networth and level removed.
I swear on my dick, if they just test this out (which they easily should be able to) it can save the playerbase by fixing the unsatisfying gameplay loop thats been forced onto pub play

is fs gonna be meta now

I personally dont think the no mana cost Far Sight and non-xp giving Spirit Wolves are that much better than less crit damage from claws of attack. Also shadow hunter is still good.
Tournament soon fellow gulag
hiveworkshop.com/threads/warcraft-iii-patch-1-29-ptr.303503/

I've never met him before
He's, over the last year and a half or so, not been doing so much balance
Now he's back doing most of it
Actually I heard he was MAD about a bunch of changes
Mostly about the Shadow Fiend changes and reworks and weirdly the sentry changes, how they're no longer in a 2 bundle for 200 gold
I'd expect that back

This game is fucking niggershit for third world mongs now and they aren't going to fix it. They aren't going to fix the scripted psychological manipulation matchmaking either. I'm fine with memeback killing dota at this point and memeback being publicly remembered as what killed it.

Thanks Bro. Tbh considering Valves structure, Im kind of surprised that if you post on /d2g/ you dont work on Dota 2, guess its true that p. You work in VR?

Icefrog going made is kind of funny actually.

Id still appreciate if you were to slide the suggestion over to the Dota2 crew as they dont seem

so you think orc's just fucked or what
btw sh is not a first hero no matter how good he is

leave sticky notes in the bathroom to buff furion

Thanks Bro. Tbh considering Valves structure, Im kind of surprised that if you post on /d2g/ you dont work on Dota 2, guess its true that making art is different from enjoying it. You work in VR?

Icefrog going made is kind of funny actually.

Id still appreciate if you were to slide the suggestion over to the Dota2 crew as they dont seem to quite understand the consequences on pub play, surprising seeing as its valve and what they did with TF2/HL2. accidentally posted early

I'm... really not allowed to be divulging anything, I'd probably be fired instantly. Sorry. You should e-mail them.
valvesoftware.com/email.php
Besides DK there are more remodels being done. I dunno who but there's like... 10 or so being worked on. I know DK/Huskar are two.

when will the pugna rule 63 skin be added?

Orcs will always be good because they have literally everything good, crit nerf just makes BM scale less well which makes Far Seers early aggresion and positioning easy, though windwalk is still good. To be honest, Nelves were nerfed more as lvl3 blink went from 1sec to 4secs, as well as the reduction in MS difference between Warden and DH and all the other heroes.
us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762056755

Also
>no pitlord buffs
triggers me

>New thread goes up
>Immediately taken over by LARPing tripfag attentionwhore

>Orcs will always be good because they have literally everything good
you mean human right

with nothing of significance to say
as usual

At least he isn't a furry.

>Humans
You mean nelf right

This, asking the important questions

wait who gives a shit about blink? who picks warden?
forgive me the last time I followed competitive tft was like 10 years ago but there DH was the default, beastmaster if you wanted a big tank or potm if you went some meme buildorder
nobody went warden

isn't having a copyright on skeleton king like having copyright on skeletons? It's just retardation for me the whole SK rework
also wraith have always looked like shit

I appreciate your efforts valvebro

can you explain further in layman terms that concept of kill/gold please?.

nth for best roamer

>wraith king
>spawns skeletons
Pic related would've been cool

Appereantly last year Undead had a lot of success.
Its a basic psychological idea, you do something well, it is rewarded as to encourage doing it, doesnt matter if it in and of itself is good, but you reward something if you want someone to do something more. Not giving direct rewards for doing well is fine as it may occur naturally, but punishing good efforts is often considered a form of mental abuse. Now obviously this isnt really true for a video game but Im trying to give you a perspective as to how comeback gold makes games less satisfying.

The way comeback gold is set up now is bad as it just very directly reduces reward for some of the basic and more satisfying objectives of the game which, mind you are what casual players really play it for, its the plentiful minor decisions that really allow for its depth in objectives but as first its about making the right choices in killing the enemy as its the biggest and most advertised reward.

What I suggest is a way to allow for comebacks after being stomped and not achieving any success for a while by giving a reward with many facets that does not directly punish failiure, and only serves as a reward for one side, and a caution for the other. Its the same concept as buying Rapier and attacking an enemy with thornmail.

I hope its simple enough, I left some things out. Also read: pigeon feeding experiment to see why Dota 2 used to be addicting. Essentially, satisfiying bread crumbs of victory in struggle.

Valve has plenty of psychologists and economists yet they miss this, its unsettling.

Should I mail Icefrog or Gabe or someone else? I want to write a bit of a critical piece but its something that requires a bit of effort as well as some back-and-forth conversation and I worry that it will just be ignored.

>he thinks valve have people working on dota
LMOA, all their "plenty of psychologists and economists" are working in a system to jew people with Artifact.

you draw and color so shit that you must be a coprophile

Keeper of the Grove

(Buff) Add a 3-sec invulnerability to the start of the cast
Duration:(Nerf) 30-sec to 15-sec
Heal: (Buff) 20 to 40 heal/per sec

Will this make him playable?

>has plenty of psychologists and economists
i think they may have fired the economists when they gutted the hat gambling on the steam market and started doing gambling boxes
and they probably fired the psychologists when they realized 80% of the players were too retarded or broken mentally by the game for psychological engineering

keeper was always a popular second or third choice hero
I think the ult is much better now but you didn't pick him for the ult, the root nerf hurts, so not sure if he will continue to be popular

here's some harsh truth for you pal: the only way valve is going to notice or care about any suggestion you have is if a submission about it gets enough upboats on reddit.

>>and they probably fired the psychologists when they realized 80% of the players were too retarded or broken mentally by the game for psychological engineering
Isnt it the opposite though? The reason things like TF2 and HL2 worked out and became so famous was because they were actually retard proof. HL2 gave you puzzles and then gave you the solution to a puzzle in a way that someone who is not paying attention or using their conciousness will not notice, and this made them feel smart and made HL2 the "classic" that it is today. Seriously I can figure out that getting trapped by a barnacle pulls me up if I walk under it and it starts pulling me up, its an easy enemy to kill even if it catches you so the whole raven at the start seems more insulting than anything

>root nerf
I see it as a buff, you rarely get the full duration off units vs a player, while the longer dur vs heroes will help a lot on pressuring and catching especially newly trained ones

Also
>24 Player Support
Hope they add 12v12 to match making

you got close to the full duration plenty of times, not everyone has easy or fast access to dispells

Something to Note out of the top 49 players

NE 15 HUMAN 14 ORC 13 UD 7

but the n1 is ud and the top top players is mostly human

seems pretty balanced hobestly

>n1 is ud
He cant keep getting away with it!

thing is, dota 2 is not retard proof at all, and thats why it is so succesful.
retards get their shit smashed in by run of the mill idiots. those idiots get addicted and buy hats and compendiums, no matter how they get sold or on what schedule they are sold.
that model made dota the billion dollar game.

you are right, but humans have a slight slight slight edge
ne and orc are at 2nd place and ud has a slight slight disadvantage

>ne and orc are at 2nd place and ud has a slight slight disadvantage
>n1 is ud
Just need to git gud

Nice Dota 2 discussion idiots.

Dota playerbase is not Valves playerbase, and yet the Valve playerbase made a lot of money for TF2, Portal 2 and L4D2, and sort of with CSGO even if that was mostly 1.6ers. Dota was popular for different nieches of intuitive but complex reward systems that were very still very clear and kept you in the pigeon experiment, so I think its a bit facetious to say that. It seems like more of a case of someone not knowing what made a product good to the consumer, and the main reason for this is usually not paying enough attention during continued exposure. This happens with sequels and reboots all the time. So yeah Id say there is a use for the psyches, in either a new Valve game that isnt Dota but is built on principles from the previously mentioned games (I never liked L4D but appereanty it was insanely popular at some point) or to at least help the current teams figure out what theyre doing.

In the past few years alone, a lot of intuitive decision making in the game has been harmed or outright removed, and replaced by things that an individual pubber will not consider enough. And we havent had any new systems added that serve as an out to player skill.

>discuss the new WC3 patch and the psychological aspects that make the game fun, and what things harm said fun
>no shitposting
Seems good to me. This is what the site should be like desu, it being slower wouldnt be a problem if every other thread was slower as well time for communism

wc3 is our ancestral home

>W3 isn't related to dota

Hi Dermoprotector

>tfw playing 6.78

hello, based reddit spy

>tfw playing 7.09

>Weeb in charge of not saving thumbnails

join fags

>deleting your own post
Nice, Im sure no one will notice!

When will the janitors start issuing bans again?

lol this feel weird...hi? forgive me d2g bros for i have sinned

i didnt, Veeky Forums is breaking

Well guys, it was nice knowing you. This general has finally reached the level of /srg/ where it's just nonstop autism. Goodbye.

>be pudge, do roam
>lanes burn down, semi fat qop and ns rapes my ass 24/7
>lul lul pudge
>tf near enemy base starts
>enemy qop, venge and wk and NS chase me
>meanwhile team kills SK and venge
>we win tf and push down enemy base
Who is laughing now faggots.

anyone else sad that valvebro is not directly working on dota?

feels good man finally i will leave the shithole they call dota 2 and go back to war3 one of the best games ever.

what do you mean you have never met him?

you are literally working in the same building and you have never met him?

wtf?

Please do. I'm tired of idiots like you constantly whining that this game isn't identical to how it was literal years ago.

>aus

>love playing nyx
>but playing nyx means having to rely on my shit team more to win games

shit sucks man

how do you feel about the pro scene in dota

Watching is alldota has left

He's a perfect p3/4 but yeah you can't really carry or push with him

I feel Pugna is better atm unironically

Theres literally 0 other posts outside of that and the usual shitposts, anime and esports

>Defend of the ancients is related to DOTA 2

strawpoll.me/15137816

banlist on apem no noobs

he's agi ofc can carry
bf ac sny nyx man

>beat enemy in game
>they're steaming
>check out channel for keks
>realize they're a real human bean
it's so strange how i dehumanize a player in game but forget that there's always a real person with their own life behind that name...

relax bro

>Not dewarding every single ward and sniping couriers for that free +25

t. rodeo

who will be the chosen one to continue dota on wc3?

You, but you need to stop browsing /d2g/ right now and never come back so you can have the time for it.

Wp niggers

reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/7zsojj/valvebro_on_icefrog/