/MTMG/ Mina the Mongoose General

Welcome to the Mina the Mongoose General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics and more!

/mtmg/ #1222 - Mina the Mongoose Edition

>Mina NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/12845822/1/Heroin
vocaroo.com/i/s1pQnEixtY6b
vocaroo.com/i/s0uSLyoQ7cG4
strawpoll.me/15138007
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I fucking hate you all.

Previous Thread: Come on OP get it together

Weeeeeeee

Knew I missed something.

Goddammit
Nice one OP.

Better now than never, right OP?

oh no, it was YOU

Best thread ever, already.

COME ON, SING /MTMG/

WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY
kek

Plumberbabs a slow

>person who sings but no one will sing
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

POST MONGOOSES /STHG/

This thread is shit. Just like Mina.

OH NO I'M LATE AGAIN

you faggot. I'm laughing hard BCA. good work

Post Mina in diapers

okay if Mina gets a special thread out of the blue then Honey has to get one down the line

Please for best cat

tell me more about this Mina Mongoose, /sthg/

Mina's character in the pre-reboot was kind of like Amy in a way.

we'll save ourselves

honey is an ugly cat in a wig who also smells bad

WE'LL SAVE OURSELVES

Eggman erased her from existence. She literally never existed at any point in time.

People tend to hate her.

>Mina got a thread before Shadow
shadowfags btfo

Honestly, it was more because I saw Mina getting Milestone Maybe every thread. I know she's not going to get one for some time, so why not give her a special number no-one would have taken.

1222 is thread of the Mongoose.
Best thing is, when including these milestones, it's gonna go
>SUPER SONIC - 1000
>Fuck I forgot - 1100
>Blaze - 1200
>Mina - 1222
>Tails - 1300

It's beautiful.

Nice thread, Minafags.

She was created to be a doting fangirl of Sonic who wanted to be a Freedom Fighter so she could be with her husbando, with her creating not caring that Amy already existed. After Sonic died, she became Furry Avril Lavigne complete with the Sonic 1 sound test band and a new dipshit boyfriend.

It's because she's such a horrible character. Pretty much a prime example of everything that was wrong with Archie Sonic as a whole.

Any examples? just looks like a cute innocent character to me

>Forgetting best bot milestone

>piko piko SOOONIC

1100 was Metal
Either way, I got a hell of a laugh out of this, so good work BCA!

I feel rather triggered. Why is a milestone thread not on a milestone number? Like 1300 or 1400, right? I'm confused.

It's a joke, not official.

Because It's basically a joking thing.

Well, some found her pointless given that Amy was already a thing, but she was never as...I wanna say powerful on her feelings for Sonic as Amy was. She also had some douche boyfriend & bullied Nicole.

kek

I unironically like Mina. Funny thing is, I remember hating her after reading some of Archie, but it's like I've forgotten that and I like her now. Do I have downs?

IT WAS ME
ALL ALONG
THAT TIME WHEN OP FUCKED UP THE EMBEDS
THAT TIME WHEN YOU ACCIDENTALLY POSTED THE WRONG IMAGE
IT WAS ME user, ALL ME.

I wasn't the one posting Mina Milestone maybe, I'm just a guy with no creativity latching onto topical /sthg/ moments.

No, it's exactly what you said. You forgot when you hated her, and clearly forgot how unlikable she was.

never read Mina comics, she is really so bad at it?

she's cute and gets better when Ian takes over.
besides that she's meh

Depends on your feelings on her. Mina isn't for anyone.

Personally, she's okay but I'm not begging for her to come back or anything.

>those thighs
unf. solaris have mercy

Oh fuck.
Worst thing is I actually drew something for that too, I shoulda remembered.

She actually isn't all that bad, there are piles of characters worse than her, she's just ultimately irrelevant because she only exists for stupid love triangle drama and is barely a character outside of that.

Mina isn't for everyone*

Haha, that kinda sounds like another character.

>Comicshit thread

fanfiction.net/s/12845822/1/Heroin
vocaroo.com/i/s1pQnEixtY6b
vocaroo.com/i/s0uSLyoQ7cG4

Sorry if it's shit but I tried, even when I stumbled and mumbled.

Mina literally was "let's make Amy except we forgot Amy already exists" which is most of the reason why she's irrelevant. Anything interesting about her character ended up being transferred to Amy once competent writers came aboard.

kek, thanks

True. But even when she outlived her purpose, she was ultimately harmless. She was cute, tho.

So did the original comic writers make this as a self insert because they didn't like Amy? It sounds like that.

Agreed, this has been awful.

Less dislike and more apathy. The entire comic period when Gabrie was editor involve a complete "who gives a shit" policy toward anything game-related unless Sega specifically told them to do something, so nobody gave enough of a shit to look up Amy's personality from game manuals or anything.

2D Sonic > 3D Sonic
Prove me wrong
Protip: you can't

You guys can still SAVE YOURSELVES

>"let's make Amy except we forgot Amy already exists"
Doesn't SEGA have mandates as far as how 'official' characters like Amy and such can act? It's the reason Amy always gets shafted/0 character development while Archie characters like Mina/Sally/etc get to express their emotions and change.

Except Mina was created back when Sega didn't give a shit, and in fact most of Amy's best moments in the comics happened when Sega was paying more attention.

Both work as long as nuSonic Team doesn't touch them.

Those SEGA mandates never came until after Penders left, which was long, loooooong after Mina debuted.

Before then, the comic writers/editors etc. basically just did what they wanted. Hence why Sonic was able to age, date, etc.

Mina Mongoose has not won a milestone yet. Also, this is not a milestone thread. It would have been fine if you had kept it as /sthg/, but you didnt.

Therefore an emergency REAL thread #1222 is here
abandon ship

Prototype Blaze milestone maybe?

another thread lmao

You aren't gonna get me again you cheeky shit.
Proto-Blaze is cool as fuck.

I'll go there if when this thread descends into hell.

Also, here's a fun fact /sthg/: Ken Penders has the second longest tenure as writer for Sonic the Hedgehog in the entire history of the franchise!

Mina might've gotten further than Amy in the pre-reboot but she still ultimately loses to Sally. Sonally was clearly the favored couple.

duh. sally had seniority and was established as a possible love interest from the very beginning

How can Mina ever recover?

Sonic is an ass anyway.

By dating a douche and marrying Tails in a possible future.

Sonic did nothing wrong. Tails is a cuck.

I know

How could Ash ever recover?

Would you like Shadow more or less if he was a girl?

strawpoll.me/15138007

So Mina moves on with Ash, Fiona moves on with Scourge, and Sonic obviously gets with Sally. Where does that leave Amy?

>tan colored eyelids doing the classic blinking
Disgusting

According to Ian, she nabbed up the Time Stones & went on adventures.

Amy's 12 so she cant ever get anyone

With Shadow

her Hammer

>"Amy and Tekno's Radical Lesbian Adventures Through Time And Space" is canon to the Archie universe
Nice

Real Thread

She will use her powers to create a Sonic clone like Shadow but white, the personality of this sonic clone is the exatcly oposite of Shadow and will love Amy because she deserves to be loved

Nah, he's with Rouge.

If Maria was a guy, what would his name be?

Sonic isn't better or worse in any of the versions he has.
He is himself and that's it.

Marius

Mario-

Mathew