/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Robowaifus Edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

[23 jan 2018] the thaumcraft
[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
>multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/siberiamod
pastebin.com/rBd5NutZ
github.com/defeatedcrow/HeatAndClimateMod
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for divine journey

Is Techguns more of a multiplayer mod than a singleplayer?

Yeah, no. That other thread is pointless with the immature blurb at the end. If anime triggers you this much, get off Veeky Forums.

>enjoying current map
>suddenly notice a single config mistake while playing
>lose all motivation to continue
fug

I wasn't trying to call you out, just the dumbshits who fail to realize Veeky Forums was around back when they were shitting in their diapers and pull-ups. The first board was Anime/Random. Plus, Japanese mods tend to be less cringey in terms of the userbase and mods themselves.

Anyway, posting lavastone caek from my old world.

>Plus, Japanese mods tend to be less cringey in terms of the userbase and mods themselves.
like you are showing right now

Is it worth updating past 1.7.10 yet? Haven't played in like a year.

More or less, meme versions have gotten some few new toys that I haven't tried yet but look really interesting but last time I tried a few months ago it still had slight bad performance (not as bad as it used to). If you want to know what mods are good then I doubt you'd get much help from /mcg/

>Mekanism's ore processing is limited to its own + vanilla ores

>Magneticraft promises mod compatibility but I'm not sure if it's in yet

Time to find out.

If on 1.7.10, look for AOBD.
If not on 1.7.10, your gay

>tfw no idea how to design good looking military/industrial walls
help

Mod compatibilty in Magneticraft is there, but the content is not. (1.12.2)

I'll let it cook for longer.

>military
Bricks work nicely.
>industrial
Something like this?

No matter what I do with various bricks I keep feeling like it ends up looking weird. I'm wondering if I should maybe abandon the idea of doing a 'border' around the bottom (the top section will be much higher than the screenshot).

>Pick a block for the decoration, preferably something tiled.
>Pick a block for the main wall
>Pick a factory block or scaffold for depth
>Place the decoration block as the lowest block
>Place 3/4 wall blocks on top of the decoration and make the wall out of it
>Place the depth block 1 block in front as a pillar and make a pattern out of it
You can also place the depthblock 1 block above and 1 block in front the wall blocks for decoration. Or you can also mess with slopes.

>fucking around with redstone
I never appreciated bluepower when I had it.

Knocked up a couple sections of it in creative.
Yay/nay?
Not sure if I should use the brown metal factory block and whether I should add windows to each section or not.

not bad, but lower the brick part of your wall one layer and/or bring it forward one block to break the line with the outside wall

Think I prefer the right, bringing it forward to the level of the 'girders' makes it look a little weird imo. I'd maybe try a middleground by using carpenters blocks vertical half-slabs but I've heard you shouldn't overuse those as too many can cause performance issues, and I already think I'll be making extensive use of carpenters blocks in general with the builds on this world.

Right but with some sort of detail block that transitions to the brick from the flat wall

Perhaps the entirety of the factory could be metal, or at least the outside while the inside stays like that? How thick are the walls?

1 thick, but I have malisis stuff installed which means I think I might be able to smoosh 2 blocks together so that one side is one thing and one side is another, if I really needed to. Metal is an option I suppose, but I feel like it'd be more suited for a warehouse or something.
I'm having trouble finding something that both fits with the brick and doesn't clash with the colour.

Starting to document my Heat and Climate autism. This is my Tier 1 smelter. Press the button, and lava pours into the smelting chamber while the pistons seal off the exit. Press it again and the lava is drained and the pistons retract.

If you have Immersive Engineering installed try a concrete tile

Not quite as perfect as I wanted but nothing ever turns out exactly as planned so I'd say it's pretty good.

how to dorf

secure a ravine, carve walkways along both walls, frequent bridges between, arches overhead, lava below, glowstone- and fire-based lighting, largely stone-based grandiose architecture

>medieval magic themed pack
>also has mods like survivalist and iguanas tweaks to make exploring more necessary
>be out exploring
>travel through peaceful bamboo forest with modded rivers flowing throughout
>arrive at a plains area
>see fire shooting in the air in the distance
>go investigate
>its a dragon's nest
>no dragon in sight
>decide to go loot the nest
>still on the lookout for the dragon
>find iron tools and armour, mainly a pair of iron boots with increased step height
>nothing much else
>see a ravine nearby
>go to see whats in it
>big green thing at the bottom
>its the dragon
>run back to the nest
>turn around to see if it followed me
>dragon head right behind me deletes half my health bar
>haul ass outta there
>see the bamboo forest
>gonna try to lose it in the trees
>nope it can just fly through them
>sprinting through the woods with the sound of dragon wings right behind me
>nowhere to go
>gonna die to the dragon
>suddenly run off a cliff and fall into a river
>the river leads into a cave
>its pitch black from hardcore darkness and i have no firestarters to kill zombies if there are any down there, but its still better than getting eaten by a dragon
>hold a torch to see
>the river continues down, but theres also a platform off to the side
>go to stand on the platform
>it leads to a tunnel
>travel down the tunnel
>see a light at the end of it
>end up in a river/ravine in the mountains
>now travelling along it to see if theres a way out that isnt through the dragon

dont you love it when mods work together like this?

emergent gameplay is best gameplay

Magma tube.

Would you guys suggest enabling large biomes? I don't care much for the small little patches that normal biomes are, it doesn't feel right walking through a jungle for two minutes and exiting into a tundra.

>Greg working on new GT6
>this is still a thing it's tin

Wew glad I'm playing with the new stone layers instead.

It's worth a shot.

TUUUUBES

>Cassiterite
Didn't that give you like five dust per block?

In GT5(u), even a simple Steam Macerator could grind out 4 dust for the ingots a smelting later. That shit is incredibly rare though, at least in 5. I haven't played enough of GT6 with the new stone layers to notice how rare tin can be. Also, Grag made it so this stuff now usually shows up inside the marble layer now. This is a whole other mechanic related to bedrock drilling for certain ores.

nice, did you manage to make it out?

Do carpenters blocks actually have an impact on performance? I've seen it mentioned a few times now, and googling gives me mixed results with some people saying yes but only in the hundreds while other people say they never do (there's some screenshot of a dude on reddit with a fuckyueg building that claims to contain literally thousands of them (or more) and not suffer an FPS hit)

This is very relative
Carpenter's blocks are very efficient, but they may eventually impact FPS, if you have FPS to spare, you can just go nuts with them

which mods would let me
>make specific ores spawn in specific biomes
>ores spawn in large but rare veins
>only way to get ingots is by smelting them in Tinkers smeltery
>max stack of ores is 16 blocks

cofh
cofh
minetweaker
stacksize

>CustomOreGen / CofhCore?
>CustomOreGen / CofhCore
>Minetweaker / Craftweaker
>No idea

what do you guys think about MCreator?

depends what your definition of multi player is. If you want to shoot other people then it is. It is fun in single player too

thanks boyz

>only way to get ingots is by smelting them in Tinkers smeltery
gtfo faggot

You might as well learn Java or use ContentTweaker
But more options is always good, if it lets people easily add shit in Minecraft, it's fine in my book

Gentlemen, what can we do with seeds?

The best mod packs are ones where in order to get anything above iron you must process the output of an Extra Utilities ender quarry into Rotarycraft machines then pipe their outputs into a TiCon smeltery to get molten metal and cast it

unfortunetly I'm too brainlet to learn java

>ender quarry
you had my interest up until that

>Make dropped seeds autoplant after some minutes if the soil is fit for them
>Blowgun/Slingshot which can use seeds as ammo
>Make seeds placeable in layers like snow, so I can build muh grain silos
>Crafting 3 seeds (any kind) and a bowl gives you Grain Mix you can eat

>modpack has Lootbags
why the fuck would anyone use that? It's literally biggest MAWPC mod I've ever seen

it can be adjusted to be a nice complement to progression, and to reward killing the tougher mobs
but of fucking course, most modpack makers just drop it in and it breaks everything because they pull from dungeon chest loot for zombie kills
there's also the community's obsession with farming and automating, so all mods one-up each other about how they can add their own traps to kill mobs as if it were done by a player to cheese shit like lootbags

>stacksize
Actually you can do that with MineTweaker. It blew my mind when I found out about it.

from what i heard, hammered blocks (so block with weird shapes and partial slopes) have the most influence, but if you see too much impact don't hesitate to tear them down

trail mix (3 of any seeds), about as filling as bread
possibly used to make an MRE if you have jerky or canned meat (a bit better than porkchops)
or just roasted seeds
all 3 of these eaten twice as fast as normal

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/siberiamod
Anyone tried this yet?

>the furnace is now multi-block
How horrifying.

I eat farts

I had an idea for a modpack adventure map, and I am wondering it it's been done and what your thoughts are about it.

It's called "Path of Prometheus", and features a lot of tech mods and some magic. Basically, the story is that you crashed your spaceship on a terran planet and make your way to a fairly large kingdom equipped with Medieval technology. A peasant there recognizes you as "The Savior" and urges you to see the king. He informs you that the Kingdom has fallen under hard times; The wells have run dry, the crop fields are dead, and monsters and barbarians frequently attack. The people of the Kingdom have a strong faith of a mysterious savior from the sky coming to help them. It's on you to save the people from annihilation, and there are many ways to do that.

>Option 1: Infrastructure
By taking this route the player uses tech mods such as Buildcraft, Traincraft, TC, Techguns and more to fix the water and food supply and also provide new technology such as lighting, firearms and other things. The peaceful option, those will seek and find that the Kingdom will be able to better populate and build a large army from your help.

>Option 2: The Spears
A long and harsh journey, you must survive to find the rumoured Temple of the Spears, were a powerful weapon known as The Spears is rested. Turns out, these 'spears' are actually long-lost ICBM nuclear missiles. You need to rebuild the Temple in order to launch the nukes at the enemies...or the Kingdom

>Option 3: Exodus
The planet is doomed, no matter what. You must use Advanced Rocketry to find a new home for these people among the stars. But where...?

>Option 4: Kill Them All
Who cares about these guys? That wizard across from the other side seems neat. Let's join his Blood Magic cult and learn some things to kill all these stupid peasants. They don't have magic where you are from, so that sounds fun to do anyways.

what mods/texturepacls are those?

eloraam

>RTG
>Underground Biomes Constructs
>Pixel Reality UB textures + lighting
>Master Caver's World Underground
>Dynamic Lighting from Optifine
>Sound Filters
Is there anything else I can add to this to make caving even comfier or have I already hit the comfiness cap?

You might like wtf cavebiomes

What version? Underground Ocean is really nice.

ah damn, wonder how hard that'd be to backport to 1.7.10

For a sec, I thought that was Fortresscraft Evolved.

WHEN?

what block/s do I fill the paths in the middle with...

What makes you drop mod instanlty?

Stone slabs

Pressing Q.

probably gonna have walls like this as well

Hideous multiblock structures.

Items with retarded textures
Items that you disable in the config but they can still somehow be crafted and they crash the game when you do so

>mod requires Optifine
de fuck

>korwin zdegustowany
nie ma dowodów, że modder wiedział o OptiFine'ie

could make a grain silo that is like railcraft's tanks with a moving level but can have an open top
then the grain inside acts like the quicksand/viscous liquids you find in some mods and slowly sucks you in unless you manage to climb out

A nie było Optifine'a przypadkiem?

nie, nie było Optifine'a

So similar to user above me I wanted to make different ores spawn in cerain biomes, but can't think about any examples. I've got BoP, Base Metals and Modern Medals. Give me some ideas

sounds pretty neat, but can you really do it?

>play on a server for a month
>everyone is friendly
>not a single issue
>helping everyone, making friends
>out of nowhere one of the friends of the admin decides my minecraft skin is offensive despite people not caring for the past month
>suddenly all the admins have a problem because a girl said she found my skin offensive
>month of builds undone because some guys wanted to get laid
I am done with the game.
Stuff like this happens every single time. It's always someone dropping their spaghetti around a girl and destroying the server or banning everyone. Happens every single time.

pastebin.com/rBd5NutZ
how to fix this?

Getting a real Beeto vibe from this mod.

It's just like in any MMO Guild.

>Playing multiplayers
There's your problem, this game is better in sp imo

That's exactly what it is. This is shit I dealt with in fucking MU Online, then I dealt with it in WoW. You can't escape it. The eternal virgin will find you anywhere and they will white knight over some insignificant non-issue, like a skin that is hidden under armor that the person complaining about has not actually seen.

What mod?

Heat and Climate. It's the sequel to AppleMilkTea.

github.com/defeatedcrow/HeatAndClimateMod

Single player is boring for me. Multiplayer Autismcraft would be pretty much perfect if not for these white knights who will start drama over nothing.