/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Nightmare Fuel edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

>QuakeNews
QC Update has moved from February to March 15 (at least devs aim for it), chances for same base speeds/diffrent acceleration values/no hard cap speed across all champions, certainly there will be 2v2 and instagib gamemodes. High chances for crashes to be eliminated from the game. Devs ask to "be patient".
Current patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

>DUSKNews
The DUSKWorld 1v1 actually happened it but it seems like there was no stream and it was all about discord lurkers (statement for this is: "Spectator wasn't ready yet", "this is sort of a prototype tourny" etc.) Episode 3 "soon™", DUSKWorld is "still in beta"

>Tutorials
youtu.be/SSNNhUAVRuA
youtu.be/gpir6ZZKmcM
youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtu.be/f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtu.be/n2tdDZWSGy4
youtu.be/dkED2PSrl1c

>QC custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Pain and shame that way:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j8Aazrp4Nho
discord.gg/pHb7HZy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>qc is broken as shit
>no patch
just let id die

So about that waifuposting... pron is allowed?

absolutely nasty

>youtube.com/watch?v=j8Aazrp4Nho
Never thought Galena is a 70's queen.

who doesn't like to get down and boogie every now and then

Was the decision to be more LGBT inclusive with the addition of Nyx a good one? It seems like Nyx's massive cock scared away quite a few straight white males.

Reminder to mute trannys

Can you leave Veeky Forums already?
It's painfully obvious that this general should not be here considering that it's dying every single day without even reaching bump limit.
Make threads on /v/ like Darkest Dungeon general.

>fapped to sorlag ironically once
>now i'm a scalie and sorlag is my waifu
fuck

>QCFuriouz: Some1 said that checking this channel made him want to drink milk.. some1 explain???

dude, idiot. it's a circle of feedback, make your body feel good makes you lust makes you love makes your body feel good.

NOW YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH A DINOSAUR FOR LIFE

sometimes feel sqztoy is using an aimbot

wasn't she a sniper main in tf2, most sniper mains are cheats

>No one posted best girl yet
BLASPHEMY

>Check rule34 quake just now
>Newest drawing is Sorfag.
BLAS-FUCKING-PHEMY

post clips
the only thing worse than a fat thot is a fat thot that can't aim

this one's on the house

It already is dying, if nobody cares about a basically finished game that needs bug fixing nobody will care about it when it comes out of early access.
And that's good because QC is absolutely garbage. Moba fps was a mistake.

>moba fps
here we go again

dead game

i want that brick house on my face

>dying
It has been dead after Quakecon dropped in the summer.
We told them, don't make a Quake game with champions it won't work. They did it.
We told them, don't make a tourney with high prize money so soon, for a buggy game. They did it.
We told them, don't use a shitty engine. They used sabertech.
We told them, need matchmaking, tutorials, fun game modes for new players. They gave us sacrifice.
We told them, visibility and customization. They gave us a game without a console and a fucking arrow above the enemy.

fking toxic quakedads, get with the time. Nobody needs serverbrowser, community created content and boring 10 or 15 minute duels. The game runs fine for me and I play on an ultrawide with lots of graphics. Sacrifice is a lot of fun with friends and believe me, I have a lot of friends. The only things killing QC are toxic white cis quakedads that are still stuck in 1999

Different Quakedad here, loving the shit out of QC
The abilities add another layer of strategy to the, quite frankly, stale concept of arena combat, the engine is pretty af and runs great, the enemy marker provides plenty of visibility

so with all the different styles of movement and the wacky kinda ways people setup the bindings and practice aiming, how do you even begin to tell if someone is aimbotting?
ive seen some really funky parkinsons-like LG aiming from a streamer that uses LG almost exclusively, and at least a few of the "top" players/streamers think somethins funny with his/her aim.
not sayin that person is a cheater, i guess i just dont understand the disparity of cheater reports. some people seem to think there are wallhacks and aimbotters fairly common in games, others say they have never or maybe one or twice encountered a hacker.
i know some of that is gonna be a bad player blaming his death on a better player, but is that all it is? are there actually cheaters in QC or what, i cant seem to find a person that will definitively state they think someone is hacking.
i see a few accusations here on Veeky Forums but this is an anonymous board so im wondering if those anons would still make such accusations if not anonymous.
tl;dr sorry for wall of text, got sidetracked. are there actual real cheaters in QC? abundant, rare, relatively rare..? why are people reluctant to name them?

Greetings Champion!

You have been selected to take part in our inaugural Play Test Server (PTS) group so that we may enhance our testing capabilities. You have identified yourself as part of our group of players that has been negatively affected by crashes or blockers that have rendered you unable to play our game. We have implemented fixes in the PTS for which we are providing you these keys

the fuck is this PTS shit everyone's talking about, is it streamer babbies only?

only diamond+ players can be there, shitter

PTS is Public Test Server, to be qualified you must have huge problems with the game. In other words it's the separate client where you connect on totally different servers than normal players.

I've seen exactly one cheater so far, but that guy was extremely obvious due to not having any movement skills whatsoever

There is one guy that is a notorious hacker, Danches. A russian guy that has been reported over and over and yet id faggots wont ban him

huh

Holy Slipgates, kek.

speaking of blasphemy when will someone cast down this false image and show us our uncensored goddess

i don't think there is one

you know that it is the prophecy of /arena/, maybe you were not here yet when it was made or you forgot.

"A Draw Fag born on a certain day to uncertain parents" would be sent, under guard, to /arena/, would overcome numerous trials, and, eventually, unite the board and cast down the Image as a false god. The gender and race of The Draw Fag was, and remains, unknown, though it is well known that he/she would not be a native of /arena/.

man i was here when it was posted, the fact of the matter is it was posted anonymously without a source and GRIS gives zero relevant hits so if there's a nudie version we'll never see it
i don't think there is anyway given the position of her nips would be all fucked up

maybe some draw fag could draw over it?

patch when.

>you'll never be a russian pedo who is obsessed with lelouch
yikes!

What song plays in the QL chat when you type electro. I spam that shit ingame to get my daily fix of it.
Also post your mice

>get cosmetic item
>can't use it
>get cosmetic item again
>unlocked!
wat

Ideal woman

the doubles game lives on

>saber developer at work

Nice OC.

>starting mg is better than hmg
>starting sg is better than ssg
fucking id

15th I heard.

i can't look at your 30fps webm

trying to get combo kills is fucking retarded how am i supposed to know the enemy is low enough that a finishing rail will kill them

and in general it feels fucking dumb to say blast at someone with LG and then switch to rail instead of just continuing to track them with LG although they are dead

Is QC your first quake?

combo kills are usually rokkit + hitscan no splash rokkit

Blame Veeky Forums filesize limit

drop the resolution and bitrate you mong
or host it on mixtape and it will automatically be embedded

>5 second webm in 720p
>muh filesize
you are fine running 720p 60fps 10 second clips with 3 mb

You can't tell unless its blatant, objective proof like a .dll hook, or you spot really strange mouse movement, ex:enemy randomly does a 35 deg turn a on a newly spawned player while fighting guy in front because its within accepted range.

You have to remember that the majority of players are basically children with fragile egos so the concept of someone being much better than them at something doesn't even begin to cross their minds.

>but that guy was extremely obvious due to not having any movement skills whatsoever
Wrong thought process. What if he's a good player that came from another FPS game? Obviously he will suck dick at Quake movement, but aim generally translates well across games.

No. Even then your aim wouldn't spazz around until shaft is in range, at which point it locks on and never misses.

>how am i supposed to know the enemy is low
Remember last patch, when BJ was all AAAAAAAAAAAAH when his health got low? All champions have a low pain sound like that now, just gotta listen for it.

this also it's quicker to grind him down abit and to rail him.

you can't hear shit in this game because all the effect and the ambient map sounds are so loud

this
there's too much shit happening, even in duel really only critical pain sounds are in any way audible

Are you kids fucking serious? Here, I fixed it for you.

Wait are the low health grunts controlled by "voice volume" because I have that muted because I hate the edgy character lines.
Anyways you have to have effect volume max so you hear footsteps.

>Wait are the low health grunts controlled by "voice volume"
Christ...

>Anyways you have to have effect volume max so you hear footsteps.
No, just needs to be loud enough

You can track players through walls and floors across half the map by their champ's voice lines

>You can track players through walls and floors across half the map by their champ's voice lines
but those voice lines are gay as fuck. Why can't nu-id to anything right?

>b-b-but mimimimi

meh I rather quit QC than enable voice volume, I did report this as bug but I doubt that id will add more control for the volume.

Get in here discord.gg/pHb7HZy we playing xonotic

fuck off shill

>I rather quit QC
bye

Gooble gobble gooble gobble, one of us! one of us!

>Gurkan

Having read the latest comic I get the feeling they planned on making Nyx gay, but they decided against it when Blizzard made Tracer a carpet muncher.

this game is pretty fun

I dislike how all weapons are kind the same though the starting blaster is the best thing ever.

ye blaster is fun

I meant the starting weapon which does like 20 damage but bounces enemies.

Wrong webm, ment to post this. Its alot like jumping with the napalm gun in q4

looks like generic shit
also fukken lol at ztn1 being played

QUAKE 2 ROCKET LAUNCHER CONFIRMED

Massive if factual

FUCKING LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY

That new tribolt looks pretty good

like a halo weapon or something
you'd think they'd give it a different firing sound

THAT FIRING SOUND

>finding out about the q2 rl skin now

>pretending you knew