mega.nz/#F!1o8FTbAL!-lVNu5ReRDTcksRfHIxBHA

>NEW PLAYER GUIDE
i.imgur.com/K9rvfa4.jpg

>ARCHIVED THREADS (RIP ARCHIVE.MOE)
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/mgg/type/op/

>STEAM GROUP
steamcommunity.com/groups/metalgeargeneral

>/mgg/ ONEDRIVE FOLDER
onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65254E4C501EDAEF!4116&authkey=!AMDti9C9NNjfhT8&ithint=folder,xlsx

>LISTS, GUIDES, DOWNLOADS AND OTHER STUFF
pastebin.com/qM3XwMce

>MGS2 SUBSTANCE NOVEL - NEEDS TRANSLATION
mega.nz/#!Y08iFCBa!Z3j3Tco4vE14mwwVJTQbch9Zo4SvZRXO1ntjEjn1JRc

>MGSV NOVEL - PARTIALLY TRANSLATED
mega.nz/#!U1NFzAII!4nuhjrIo8arMdb2Ref4dWRB-4CZ86Sp9QY1sYDnhVfM

>TIMELINE AND EPILOGUES:
pastebin.com/3m93ExcY
>CHAPTER 1:
pastebin.com/frkkvef3
>CHAPTER 2:
pastebin.com/7YMg9Gia

>KOJIMA'S THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NOVELIZATION
pastebin.com/JVZZxW1D

>QTS FARMING
i.imgur.com/19a5fFK.jpg
Big Paz edition

>Weapons and stuff
unknown321.github.io/mgsmonsterguns

First for HOW THE FUCK DO I ENTER THE RUINS ON CHAPTER 6 ALL THE DOORS ARE BARRED AND I'M RUNNING OUT OF OXYGEN

Remember kids, when playing co-op
Be the proper level.
Don't be a fucking Kuban Leech.

go in the doorway directly ahead of the break in the fence and the crashed chopper? there's a dark room and a door you can unlock

No, this one, I've circle the building 4 times now and can't see any way in, I'm going to have to run back to refill on oxygen

Small cave leading in near the waterside

Thanks

>mfw in the jungle surrounded by grabbers and crawlers
>mfw overburdened
>mfw bleeding
>mfw hungry
>mfw no ammo
>mfw no first aid
>mfw all I have are my kuban rocks

How many different kinds of enemy are in this game? I was very surprised when I got to a certain area with a swarm of enemies that weren't just zombie/infected variants and it scared the shit out of me.

If I knew the Wanderers were minimum level 20, I wouldn't have wasted such time trying to find literally no games.

You'll run into a bunch more and they'll fuck your shit up in co-op.

Wanderers, Trackers, Mortars, Crawlers, Grabbers, Armored, and Bombers. So 7 in total.
There's also some post game bosses you can go kill for sweet lootâ„¢

Wanderer: Run of the mill enemy. Dumb as dirt but can easily ruin your day when in swarms. They also seem to grow in combat strategy as you level up.

Trackers: "Fuck You That's Why" bad idea to melee fight. They jump around like spiderman on crack and pack just as much of a punch. Any gun related attack will stop their ass midair for a quick beat down

Mortar: The name is deceiving. This Big Boi's don't just lob high explosives at stupid long ranges, they also have rapid machine gun fire for mid range, and a shotgun blast at close. Get too close and they'll smack you. Taking off a chunk of health. You also can't kite them for a quick backstab. They'll counter it.

Crawlers: spiders. FRIGGIN. SPIDERS.

Grabbers: if you thought you could waltz through the African jungle without a care, think again, bitchboy. They'll stop you dead cold with a ranged grab. And they're speedy little fuckers too.

Armored: so far I've only seen these bois in Co-op. They're normal Wanderers with bulletproof armor. Knock off their helmet with a powerful strike, or a backstab. (You'll punch it off).
Editors note: not explosive or fire proof

Bombers: dumb as nails suicide pact led by a mushroom god. Slow to hit, but they pack a whallop, and their self destruct will most assuredly kill you. Kite for a backstab or set on fire
Edit: they don't self destruct to take down obstacles now like in Beta. They just headbutt it and make a path. PRIORITY TARGET AT ALL TIMES.

PSA explosive arrows do not penetrate fences

Forgot detonators who I'm assuming are coop only, you want to backstab them for their sick loot otherwise they explode. Loot can contain ammo boxes which are very useful.

Protip, hitting the gross back crystal does the same damage as a headshot I somehow only just found this out despite it being stated really early on

As an add on to the bomber their headbutts hit wanderers and they explode after about 3 headbutts were they start to disintegrate. You can use this to take out swarms without using ammo

I think I accidentally trapped Reeve outside the base.

cruel user, he looks like he really needs to take a shit

"I knew I couldn't trust you, MSF scum."
tfw i found his XOF body armor blueprint but I mcfuckin died and now I can't remember where I found it or how

Is there any reason not to dismantle junk?

Ok I decided to buy this piece of shit cash grab konamicuck game. I'm excited
Any tips or shit you wish you knew in the beginning?

It can be repaired and is usually better than crafted stuff

fences and spear are you best friends
throwing bait crystals to clear a path
speed through story missions ASAP so you have access to clean water
sleeping at base for at least 6 hours cures all sickness
you can kind of clear out areas before starting teleport-defense missions to make it a bit easier on you

you can kill birds with the throwable-bait crystals for more access to food early
you can dive attack after vaulting fences

I got 2nd place while being underleveled.

Just got to the second map, this place is fooking brutal.

If you have hunger and thirst mostly filled, go do something outside base. Eventually resources respawn, even around your base.

So does game let you unequip all your weapons and go full sneaking mission?

you will not survive

Strategically, through the whole game that is not viable.

yes, but it's not fun because sneaking drains stamina. also zombies can sense you, even though you're sneaking

What are you talking about? The zombies are blind as shit, man. They have like a 30 degree view cone, and if you're sneaking they can't hear you beyond backstab range.

>unlock slingshot
>oh cool, it's on a 1911 frame, neato
>at first it seems like nodamage shit
>understand I can stun fuckers by headshotting them for an easy backstab and peel groups by decoying them

Plenty of utility, this thing surprised me.

Also, holy shit, wanderes so bad, you can literally circle around and backstab them before they even think of turning. Kuban for days.

Do charon containers respawn? I'm marking every one I can, but I'm pretty sure none of them restocked yet, and I'm level 20 already. And are exploration teams ever worth it? Seems like a waste of food currently.

>finish 12 hour base dig
>next one is 24 hours

I know I already beat the "final" boss, I just wanted to know for screwing around in the free roam

When did this general come back from the dead? The release of Survive? I've missed this shithole.

Good news, survive is a good game.

Is it? I haven't paid any attention to it, I didn't even know it was out until like an hour ago. Might have to watch some vids.

huh?

Time between waves

huh?
is there a time-gated defense mission unlocked in endgame?

Watch Jim "Fuckin'" Sterling's or Yongyea's videos.

Once you get mobile wormhole defences in open world, never go for them after a decent loot run. RTB, drop shit and then go.

The reason is, even though defences are fairly easy, you still might die there, and if you do, you don't get an option to RTB by dropping loot on the spot of your death. You go directly to last save, which is most likely before you left the base, losing fucking everything you earned.

Try to time your Dust expeditions to your oxygen supply - refilling it not only goes up in cost, but also damages the tank. If you do refill it once, feel free to explore more. You can get a lot of kuban on additional time to justify the refills and once you have to repair the tank, you might as well go full ham, because repairing it always costs one steel.

One of the most important things which isn't obvious - fulton shit. Knock out and fulton animals, saves you weight. If you backstab a Wanderer, you can fulton them in about 5 seconds window. It's faster than skinning and nets you +50% kuban. The best part is that you don't have to sneak up on them. Just bait their attack, go around them and backstab, still counts and OHKs them. If you have trouble due to derpy backstab registering, headshot them with a slingshot to stun them and go for it.

Another important thing - never eat potatos/onions/whatever plant you find the first time. They will most likely unlock a farm which will require these to be built. I've made a mistake of roasting onions and now I have to do a ruin again because I can't build farms.

Drink that DIRTY HO of a water like a boss, you won't have a clean source for a while, so fuck it. If your character goes HURK mid-combat, run so you don't get caught with your pants down while vomiting which will happen in a couple seconds.

Yep, and it's how you unlock all the good base upgrades

Why would anyone watch anything from either of them fuckheads?

>watch extremely biased reviews on people that didn't even give the game a chance

So I'm at 20 and after wheelchair story-wise.

Is there a lot of content in the game? I feel like I'm going through it at lightning speed, so I slow down with main missions to explore and salvage.

Is there any possibility of having a jeep that won't blow up after 100 meters of driving? This game seriously could use a utility vehicle with needs for fuel and repairs.

The full game doesn't even open up until you've beat the campaign.

Pls direct to turret based blueprints
3rd wave on Dusty is brutal
Too many
Too many

>Survive comes out
>Is actually really decent and lacks the shitty drama, apart from "MUH CHILD SOLDIERS" speech from Reevs

Looks like Kojima was not needed after all.

While it's obvious that they simply reused the assets and mechanics, stuff they did implement is actually fun. Is it possible that MGS V could be a lot better if not for Kojima's shenanigans?

All right, so what do I do after? I know about unlocking classes, but will there be new areas to visit?

Because so far I'm afraid that I will be locked to tiny patch of MGS V recycled map along with instanced tower defences.

Kojima was far too attached to Snake/Big Boss anyway.

It's time to put him to rest and let other stories be told (like Raiden's and the Captain's). MGS has plenty of room.

Post-game you build up your base for real, fend off huge attacks, level up your specialized class, encounter new enemies, and do co-op Salvage missions.

They're adding co-op Rescue missions soon too, which are apparently more MGS and less tower defense.

>got two epic weapons and a epic gear from beating a lvl 43 big mouth
holy shit the fight was hard but I think it was worth it

Well, I honestly never liked him going full ham with his storytelling and dialogue especially.

Speaking of Captain, not giving him/her voice was a terrible fucking idea. Reevs serves as your mouth despite having no authority at all. Why not just let Captain speak instead? I get the self-insert into a bland cardboard cutout thing, but they didn't need to go in-depth with Captain's personality, just give them a few general things to say here and there.

>try to look up ANYTHING about the game
>constant shitflinging or misinformation

who /gotaqt/ here?

>not liking kojima over the top-ness

Reviewers couldn't get into the game before everyone else did, so most of their shit is rushed as fuck viewbait.

Plus you've got all the Kojima orbiters flinging shit for mere reason of "MGS without Kojima", disregarding that it turned surprisingly good.

That is not exclusive to Kojima.

About to start the post game base defenses, what are some good base defense setups/layouts?

>tfw you didnt mark the containers you opened
>tfw youre using a map to find conrtainers you missed
>keep finding empty contaienrs

shit

>really like the AI character(s)
>fighting the lord of dust

;_;

It just seems really pretentious to me. I mean all right, the drama is forced so hard it becomes funny, but after a while it wears off and becomes annoying.

Putting comedy elements like boxes with animu Paz in it makes it worse too, it feels extremely out of place. Although I do understand it might have charm for some.

For me the breaking point was the whole deal with Quiet. He wanted to bone the actress and put her into skimpy outfit. Which is fine. But then he went and said "you'll be sorry when you find out her story" and it made absolutely no fucking sense and flopped so, so hard. So basically an extremely cheap excuse for fanservice that didn't even work one bit. Left a bad aftertaste.

That and "DIRECTED BY HIDEO KOJIMA".

D.va Metal Gear skin fucking WHEN

>did the same thing except couldnt mark them because of the absolutely retarded way map is revealed

please tell me theres a radar or some shit you unlock similar to the one that comes up during wave-defense

So containers don't refill?

SEND HELP RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Roger that. Help is on the way, son.
STAY FROSTY

they do that if a "container has washed up" sidequest procs

Any idea what that is tied to?

Time? Chapter progress? Side mission progress?

Not you, that's for sure.

no idea but it happened to me a few times already in map 1 before map 2. Didnt get much besides materials so i dont think the refilled containers get any unique bps or anything

Reminder to carry a couple of Ramps, you can do some cool stuff with them, but mainly reach some things a lot easier.

There's a crystal box in Ruins 02 with the creepy crawlies that you see while climbing a ladder but it's on a floor you can't reach

What do?

get to top of ladder
run off

anyone found any of the tower recipes yet?

Shoot it

Where do you get weapon enhancement kits? Are they just a random drop in co-op?

>all this water flowing in the african jungle
>not one spot where you can pick it it up
Jesus Christ i'm retarded I've been stuck on this overnight, someone tell me where i can get some water please

right next to the FOB in africa, theres a puddle/lake you can get water from before you even enter the tunnel

walk towards the cliff area in the FOB

>dryfags

I really wish there was a vote kick, I've had an afk 3 times in a row now.

Are you on PS4? I played a game a couple of minutes ago where a guy said he just killed big mouth and it was "hard but worth it."

I don't get why so many people have trouble with this.

Because you fucking die if you don't do it exactly right

brb killing myself

i had the same problem user
all those fucking rivers/waterfall and i couldnt harvest

screenshot? I got an epic weapon and gear case from him but both contained legendaries

Theoretically shouldn't it be fairly easy to mod the hunger/thirst/etc aspects of Survive into MGSV?

So when you assign people to base defense do they actually help during defense waves or what

god, these random 5 second freezes are making me unreasonably angry.

Did Venom know that he is pretending to be Big Boss from the start?

i got 3

I know the game has only been out for 3 days but
>tfw no comprehensive info on anything, containers, secret boxes
>hard to look up info due to the massive unreasonable amount of shitposting about the game

>feel retarded because trying to 100% map but struggling to

Does anyone who's completed the campaign know if you can free;y go between africa + afghan after the end?

You can

I'm constantly reminded of Dino Crisis while playing this game, I love it. The whole looking for an alternative power source experiment gone wrong, the Charon Corps demise mistery, the hostile enviroments, the Lord of Dust being T-Rex sized. It's great.

>no dark souls type fanservice
>ywn stumble across the shriveled up corpse of quiet and rip her musty old clothes off to wear
>ywn stumble across a skulls unit dung covered corpse and rip the armor off to wear
>ywn stumble across a dung covered kojima corpse and rip his glasses off to wear

>diving
>when you can walk on the ledge to the left and drop down safely
lmao @ ur lives

How does Big Boss aim his guns?

My right eye is a lot worse than my left, but I'm right-handed. The only guns I can shoot accurately are rifles with holographic sights, but I'm more interested in training with my pistol. Whenever I try to aim with my left eye, all the shots skew to the left.