You will never make it.

Describe your game in a single picture

We all gonna make it.

haha... funny pictures :)

Veeky Forums for ya ;) they have the best pictures

My filthy frankIrony game is coming soon to steam, i made it in unity3d

>filthy frank
user he's been dead for months, you missed the train

A game where the player gets an amount of entertainment proportional to the cost of the game

What are some good ECS (or just game structure in general) tutorials?

How do I make unity terrains that look nice? Because I suck at it, from my grass to my mountains. I suck at it.

Install UE4 and use blend materials. Maybe Unity has same thing? No idea.

>A lovecraftian game, where you can't really win, you can only escape to survive a bit longer.
Aren't all "lovecraftian" games like that? But sure, it can be done, if the gameplay is interesting and the graphics are nice.

I wish someone made a game using the Delta Green setting, which is basically modern military forces versus elder horrors.

You mean the shape or the materials?

i want to make a small game for the smallworld jam but dont side projects distract too much from your main project?

>thinking about not making a different game will distract me from not making the game I'm currently thinking about not making

My current main (and only) project started as a jam which took me away from my previous main project (which also started as a jam), which took me from the main project before that.

I don't think it's inevitable but you need to be careful with it

A game where all the other players think the got an entertainment amount proportional to the cost of the game but you know better and make them all know by owning them with your superior logic

can I get some more opinionspls?

video game where you kill enemies for points

a game where you work as a night auditor in a hotel. It's mostly quiet, you run some reports and a few guests check in and out.

Sounds like a lot of work. Can I just buy points in the cash shop?

a 3d game that takes place in a room with no door, and a computer that only has a text adventure game on it

You'll need to buy keys for the points crates instead

Make it VR

a VR text adventure

use an engine if you want to finish something and have no extensive devving experience

Reading text in VR often isn't very comfortable

Delta Green? I'm curious now - explain more user or link?
>also when ywn run your tongue along every curve of her face before caressing her tongue with your own

It seems I now have to fucking learn rigging.

time to watch that 6 hour rigging dvd.

A contemporary module for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game. X-files meets Lovecraft, more or less. You could ask around on Veeky Forums for more intel on it.

found that job yet?

Find a sample mesh / bones and rig it that way. But learning yourself is best in long run.

On a technical level there isn't really much to learn for basic rigging, you just gotta get gud at weights

>cris is now an /int/ tripfag
wewlad

>Choose federal law enforcement. Choose the military. Choose NASA or the CDC. Choose lying to your superiors. Choose to ruin your career. Choose no friends. Choose divorce. Choose life through the bottom of a bottle. Choose destroying evidence and executing innocent people because they know too fucking much. Choose black fatigues and matching gas masks. Choose an MP5 stolen from the CIA loaded with glasers, with a wide range of fucking attachments. Choose blazing away at mind numbing, sanity crushing things from beyond the stars, wondering whether you'd be better off stuffing the barrel in your own mouth. Choose The King In Yellow and waking up wondering who you are. Choose a 9mm retirement plan. Choose going out with a bang at the end of it all, PGP encrypting your last message down a securely laid cable as an NRO Delta wetworks squad busts through your door. Choose one last Night at the Opera. Choose Delta Green.

is that a failure of VR or a failure of how it's been done? I haven't tried VR, so I'm just curious what you'd attribute the discomfort to

Nice. In my mind cthulhu was one of those things that had an awesome theme but forgettable characters / plot. Hope someone marries the 3 someday.

still trying to make a portfolio.

my main problem is that I'm stuck using blender and unity and can't even run W10 because it fucking sucks and W7 doesn't recognize my sound card.

I would love to have 700 bucks to buy a newer pc and use unity with zbrush and substance painter and designer and other meme 3D software.

my pc is so shit they tried to give me 70 bucks last month when I asked about using it as part of the payment for a newer pc.

I like where this is going. More?

Got access to a library user? Might be able to install shit there / save in a cloud.

my pc has opengl 2.0, I can't even run newer software.

It's a matter of pixel density. At the end of the day, VR is just a screen a couple inches away from your eyes with a lens to help you focus. Currently the best mainstream VR headsets are 1440x1600 per eye. Large text is fine, but any kind of close up detail just becomes a blur. You're not going to be reading fine text like in a virtual book or something until you're talking at least 8k resolution per eye.

Not enough resolution

>my main problem is that I'm stuck using blender and unity
No. Plenty of people have made impressive content using either of these. Your problem is a lack of practice and self awareness.

Almost everything winds up being half the content you initially thought you'd have in the end?

Not really that, more like lack of practice and self discipline.

Just open a new thread about Delta Green on Veeky Forums. the oldfags over there should be more than happy to share their war stories with you.

if you take what he's doing in this general into consideration, lack of self awareness is definitely a problem as well

how do I gain self awareness?

Literally everything. From the terrain texture to the sky, I have barely any idea on how to make it look decent.

My mountains are meh, my grass is meh, my foliage is meh, my tree spread is meh.

The screen door to pixel ratio makes it impossible to read small print. Even people who have used the 8k pimax headset say it's still a problem.

His art is stylistically better than mine has ever been after lots of practice, so he has that going for him.

I assume the low poly eye abomination style is intentional.

Stop trying to make things look "realistic" and find an abstract art style to use.

through careful observation

Take a look at your work. It's shit. No other option.
Now the question is "why ?".

what if you have a defective brain (literally defective)?

Damn, doing 3d work is tedious.

then you leave this site, it's not doing any good for you or anyone posting on it

hm, I will give it a try. That won't help my mountains or grass much, but should at least improve trees and props.

>It's Dark Souls but X
>Rogue in any part of the genre
>"Minimalistic" art style as an excuse for not having any assets or talent

I see. So medium and larger print is no problem? Is there any problem with medium or large print, with regards to head movement and other intrinsic VR things besides resolution for smaller print? Such as, is it sickening to read text that follows your head movement, or something like that?

I don't have IRL friends though.

Enjoy retopologizing because that geometry won't deform right.

All three of those worked out for people though

Use pixel graphics instead. There's no market for 3D.

Crischan is at his best when doing traditional art. He needs more practice in the 3D field.

contact your relatives and get a therapist, do something real

I mean a physical library with books user. >_>

>when you come to /agdg/ in the shitposting hours
*sigh*

Oculus's cylindrical rendering layer tech mostly fixed this already, by rendering text closer to the eyes and correcting for lens distortion.

The Samsung Odyssey with the increased resolution and the above rendering improvement is even better, and I have spent a few days working entirely in VR over my real 4K display.

did you come looking for an artist?
I have just finished up with a client and have some open time for a project
Why don't you tell me about your game?

All hours are shitposting hours. Although now I will post my terrible terrain.

You mean you arrive and try to start the shitposting hours?

Americans waking up. Shitposting increases.

Like clockwork.

Don't even bother with Unity's built-in terrain. Nobody uses it because it's severely limited (Note the hard cutoff of the decal draw distance). You have to buy something off the asset store to do terrain well in Unity.

Maybe if your game were actually interesting people would want to talk about it.

That doesn't leave me in a good position unless I want to place down money for some sort of terrain engine.

Welcome to Unity

if I want to do something like mileage do I do it over delta or pixel?
for example 1.5 mileage means 1.5 gallons per mile right how do I transform that to game logic?

dev!

You shouldn't be using Unity if you want a solid engine without a microtransaction business model.

There is obviously some way to use it properly though like pic related, and I would rather a poor terrain that can get at least this quality instead of the time lag from swapping to unreal or writing my own terrain engine.

>I have spent a few days working entirely in VR
Complete VR or is it like an AR monitor pasted in?

Isn't it weird not seeing your hands

I do kitty, I do

No, Unity's features are just there to say they have those features, most of them are very outdated and unusable.

>Complete VR or is it like an AR monitor pasted in?

The monitor is mirrored onto a plane in a VR space. I can set it the exact size and distance from my eyes for perfect comfort, then just lean back and work.

>Isn't it weird not seeing your hands

No, I don't ever look down while working with or without a headset on. 100% touch typing.

You can't make me.