/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/dedgen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for Bryan bring mid tier

learn to use taunt

Jack is fun.

What sort of desperate excuse for panties is this?
How am I supposed to play a fighting game with such low quality underwear?

He is!

I love Alisa!

She only wears high quality non-jaggy panties for her husbando, fag.

you start by playing the game instead of looking at the girls' panties in custom mode all day

Whoever this Katy girl is she's fucking awful. Her accent is getting to me, she says the most obvious shit, and she feels like a mom trying to be hip with how she keeps saying epic and lit. Why do we have a Street Fighter commentator on the mic?

Tits = views

she should show her tits then

Please give us 4 characters and 2-3 stages for next season namco

And the hundreds of costumes they promised.

Michelle and Moonlit wilderness pls

She doesn't really have any. She also called the running shoulder an ultimate tackle.

>cujo kate
yeah, that explains everything

>Please give us 4 characters
It'll be Ignis, Gladio, Prompto and Cidney, who all already have models as seen in Noctis' stage.

>next season
lol

A yellow rank Bryan just pulled two taunt jet uppers and two 14f jet upper punishes on me plus some real fucking crazy wall carry combos I've literally never seen in my life what the fuck is this

footage or it didn't happen.

I wasn't recording but I swear on my life this just happened, it's some 2500W usurper Bryan in quick matches, if you're in EU you might find the guy too

I'm going to do it! I'm going to MAIN Panda!

>2500 wins
jesus christ

it's not like i have half that many and i'm still green haha

macro users

Which Tekken game has the best music?

Who gives a shit.

It's player matches though, those wins aren't like ranked wins
And it doesn't matter that much either way.

Here's a tip for you: her 1+2 grab is bufferable and extremely delayable. You can do hcb, back dash or sidestep or whatever, then press f+1+2 and the grab still will come out. Or buffer hcb from her forward roll and and press f+1+2 soon as you recover to do the throw. Good luck! I hope you're not lying to me user

I appreciate this tip, fren. I will hit the lab asap then take her for a spin

spin my dick boy

KBR's Geese is so bad

I missed the tekken winter brawl, anything worthwhile?

I'm not using that shit until a big name tekken player uses it and is totally fine after. If something happens where I can't play tekken online anymore then I lost the one thing I look forward to everyday.

Aris uses it.

God, you are such a little bitch

The new compiled version after the recent update?

pls no bully

Don't download it, I don't care.

tag 2

um why are her legs wet

I've never confirmed this but I think characters get sweaty ingame after fighting for a while

She has dreams of being manhandled by a 6'6" Mexican in a jaguar mask. It's the only explanation I can think of.

because characters get sweaty after 2 in game rounds of getting beat up

too bad king is gay (and a furry)

>gay
No, he is asserting his dominance

Even so, he still made her dreams come true.

yeah, just like Jin

Jin's not gay, he's just a massive autist but he has a plot reason for not wanting to get intimate with a chick
Hwoarang is the gay one, Lili is literally Asuka's own Hwoarang, a fight-obsessed flaming homo.

More like please give us a second season at all, namco

TTT

It takes them 6 months to make one character, brah

4u

TEKGEN WEEKLY

NA/EU PC

>challonge.com/dedgen

>challonge.com/dedgen

>challonge.com/dedgen

>challonge.com/dedgen

>challonge.com/dedgen

Don't dodge ok
Don't post anymore if you dodge,
you're not real /tekgen/, pussies

I was shitposting in fgg when I noticed this image.
What tournament is there tomorrow for tekken?

>when a character you haven't spent hours labbing against mashes strings in your face

*dodges*

>when the character you haven't labbed against has one of those moves where it's a quick 1,2 and then they get four to eight different options, two of which launch, and two of which launch on counterhit

looking at you Josie

>labbing strings and specific matchups when your movement is ass

Winter Brawl. Pools are playing now.

Where does it happen?
The time doesn't tell me anything if I don't have a timezone to work off of.

you fucking suck
why do you suck though?
I get it if your busy on a sunday. But I don't get how a fairly active general can barely muster 10 people for a tourney on a weeks notice

Why don't more people use Claudio's 1+2,1+2,f+2? Yeah it's -14 but it's fucking 58 damage off an i17.

Because it's fucking midnight here. Stop making it on amerilard hours and you'll get more people.

The twitch stream is bifuteki and it's Eastern time because it's going down in NYC

How many people would be interested in playing old school tekken games (DR, 6)? It can't be hard to set it up with a PSP emulator, and it could be a lot of fun

Too unsafe

Not a bad idea.
Because they do. It's a great whiff punisher for when hopkick doesn't reach.
Not at tip range.

I'd be up for it but I've never used netplay on ppsspp before.

its on during eu evening and na afternoon hours.
You didn't even check the link you dodging faggot...

I guess there's no point to use it when he's got so many other strong mids. Why use this when hopkick is faster, safer, crushes, and gets more damage?

If his other mids get nerfed in T8 I could see it being used more but you're right, no reason to take the risk. It looks cool, though.

>midnight is evening
im telling you, make it 2 or 3 hours earlier and you'll get more people

Been maining King up until this point. Just started playing around with Asuka and this might be it, lads. Until Ganryu's titcow cousin is revealed, I may finally have a Tekken waifu.

Thank you Namco for adding mechics so that when you're losing you can steal rounds

Not him but you could probably do it earlier. I wouldn't mind it being late morning in NA, especially if the tournament goes long like last week.

She's a really good character for people who dont want to learn how the game works.

I'm in west coast US but nobody here wants to organize a tourney for people on this side of the planet.

how much better is a DS4 over an xbone pad?

King Rey Jr actually is a pretty good commentator considering he's fucking 12 years old

Is there a secret to punish dragunov WR2 with kazuya more consistenly after stepping it? i swear if i try to sidestep guard my ewgf it's whiffs like 80% of the time because a realignment issue unless i time it perfectly with the part of the animation where he is not too far for me and while sidestep walks fix the issue is more risky on matches. this shit feels as awful as punishing DJ U/4 with claudio hopkick after stepping it instead of a delayed hopkick and getting him to float instead of a full launch juggle because you did it too early?

Please explain your assertion.

It's functional, so basically lightyears better.

try iWS2

what makes it better?
i haven't used a dualshock since ps2 and 7 is the first tekken im trying to play properly

>midnight
it starts at 6PM GMT.
so either between 6 PM and 8 PM for actual euros or 12 PM and 1 PM for eligible burgers.
you're a fucking idiot

That actually makes lots of sense, it will probably fix it. thanks user

The fact that the dpad makes sense.
In any case, the best peripheral is a hitbox.

make your calculations again because I'm in GMT+1 and it's 20 minutes to midnight right now.

8 PM was almost 4 hours ago you flaming faggot

this ones only going to stream top 8 so it should be done in 2-3 hours
>probably has about 4 tekken locals within half an hour of him as a califag
>why does no one do west coast online tourneys

More like two hours and you have to pay for that shit. If we go by that reasoning, east coast has tons of locals too if you look hard enough.

You're a fucking idiot
I hope this is some esl shit and you just don't know what "midnight" actually is
is this fil?

there wasnt a single place in europe that was between 6 and 8 pm at the time you asked for participants

It's not a kazuya specific issue, the punish on a sidestepped WR2 is extremely awkward for everyone. This is one of the few things that should be patched in this game, sidestepping is literally the only way to beat the +5 on block mid, and even when you do it correctly the animation is so fucked up you don't even get to punish it sometimes.

Not in Miami