Corporate Manipulation Tactics

Aside from the 48 laws of power and the 33 strategies of war, what are some good books on manipulation tactics, strategy, subversion, etc?

Is wagecucks and entrepreneurs alike could benefit from knowledge of these, even if just to know when they're being used against us.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-Six_Stratagems
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One idea I had was studying the Phoenix Program used in Vietnam and Iraq. They used targeted assassinations to weaken enemy organizations. Except for the whole murder thing, if one knew the methods to profile critical players in an organization, they could focus on allying with them or baiting them into getting fired.

>that image
>claiming paraphrased lines from the BASED GOAT TIER SUN TZU'S ART OF WAR AS ONES OWN
yes I'm fucking mad
even the title is a shitty rip off of something else
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-Six_Stratagems

I would recommend the art of war

Ah see thanks I figured it wasn't original when some modern times guy was sitting all that shit. I'll check it out.

Study Material

Snakes in Suitsby Dr. Paul Babiak & Dr. Robert Hare

Corporate Psychopaths: Organizational Destroyersby Dr. Clive Boddy

Working with Monsters by Dr. John Clarke

this is where kids go wrong.
see, business isn't war. It isn't all about power, and it sure as fuck isn't crime.

business is helping people. Until you figure that out you're screwed.

you don't get it
this user gets it

if you're cool and helpful, people will reciprocate

if you're a manipulative cunt you're gonna get your teeth knocked in

I actually agree with these. I have many people who depend on me in my work life because I have a reputation for being able to help them. It has served me well. BUT, I think being able to covertly position myself or others into more powerful positions would be helpful. Nothing should ever go overt IMO unless you are making a significant power play. I still see value in being more astute in political tactics.

spoken like true weaklings

Which is why all the best politicians always do their best to maintain appearance. Deception is the art of politics, do one thing and say another. There isn't anything else to it but learning how to do that correctly, and no one wants to be around a jerk. Sociopaths are usually called 'charming' for a reason, they want you to like them so they can use your emotions against you.
It's the same no matter the reason why you're doing it, just like there are black hat and white hat hackers. It's a skill first, and it relies on controlling someone's perceptions and letting them think that things are 'as usual' when really you've done something strange.

>Reading meme pop advice books by unaccomplished Hip Hop charlatans like Robert Greene
No. Books like 48 laws of power are the business equivalent of PUA garbage (notice how Robert Greene also wrote a PUA book?). Why would you take advice on the "laws of power" from a powerless person? Read the biographies and writings of powerful men and historical figures whom who's success and lifestyle you'd like to emulate instead. Additionally, read books written by accomplished practitioners in your field and academics who have proven credentials in what you are trying to master.

Psychopaths have high social intelligence but little recognition of their lack of empathy's perception in culture. The dumb ones get caught easily b/c of this, the smart ones learn to tame this and become your typical con tricksters and occasionally (though not as much as it's reported in the meme media and by normies) as successes in business/politics. In general, they become attention whores of the highest degree. They shrivel up if they're not given their dues which is why serial killers string the cops/families on locations of bodies. This lust for attention drives them into stupidities sometime or another, & they can't tolerate defeat very well. The benefits one would normally gain from self-confidence are eroded by the fragile self-image that conjured it + poor impulse control. The personality in smoke shatters when exposed to sufficient emotional crisis, this usually manifests in rage episodes. Psychopaths tend toward rare but violent tard fits when they're not given their way, this can sometimes lead to the birth of a serial killer when they're forced to hide a body or two and decide they like it.

> Deception is the art of politics.

THIS. This is the literature I seek. I would love recommendations on authors who lay out the techniques, tactics and strategy involved in building powerful networks with influential people and helping each other into places of significance.

You're not going to learn how to manipulate people by reading about it in a book. There's no set of rules that apply in every situation and personality type. If you're not a natural at this... it's going to backfire and people will see right through you.

Sounds like with a little self awareness and discipline, a psychopath could do well in the corporate ladder climb.

You're partially correct. I work in a very customer centric industry and what really gives our company an advantage is keeping customers satisfied.

Business being about 'helping people' isn't a very good generalization, especially if you work in a very consumerist industry like I do. You need to squeeze as much services out of your client as you can to survive.

The truth is your need to outline all the services you provide to your customer and use a pricing scheme that encourages overselling them. Your proposition needs to be set up in a a way that doesn't pressure the customer though. This is where most people fail. Your customers needs to come to their final decision on their own. You are just there to advise them.

So TL;DR: Act nice, don't pressure customers, but make them spend as much as possible.

how to win friends and influence people by dale cernegie

the necessary art of persuasion - jay alen conger

The Art of Worldly Wisdom
by Baltasar Gracián

the prince machiavelli

Never heard of some of those, nice work.

>backstabbing corporate sociopaths who work 60 hour workweeks
>powerful

what a LARP lol

Not necessarily. I probably put in no more that 50 hour weeks on average while my subordinates clock 60+. Effective delegation let's me focus my time on managing up and securing the next role.

if u want to actually LEARN, dont buy books from america, buy them from other countries. american authors pretend to know what theyre talking about so u can buy their book.

I'm just an accounting student so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but all this stuff just seems like people looking for shortcuts.

48 Laws of Power
The Prince
33 Strategies of War
Art of War

It's almost as if people think that they can read those books, become manipulative masterminds, and cheat the system and make billions.

But people who are actually rich and powerful don't care about that stuff. They just work super hard and try to sell as much of their product as possible.

Instead of looking for some shortcut why not just try to provide as much value to the market as possible? Just work hard and see where things take you?

Of course there will be people along the way that try to take you down and manipulate or sabotage you, but that doesn't mean you need to become unethical.

But I'm just an accounting student so I don't know.

>But people who are actually rich and powerful don't care about that stuff

some do, some don't

I agree with you generally user, but I think that this thread is more geared at corporate hierarchal structures in rigid industries such as finance and big corporate rather than entrepreneurship or sales. workplace politics can be a much bigger deal in middle to upper level management as opposed to raw work ethic and skill. most people probably arn't smart enough to effectively manipulate their co-workers as it is anyways

What's the point of reading all this crap if you never execute on it?
Most of you will just stutter meekly and back down or completely drop the spaghetti in any situation where you could apply these 48 laws or 33 strategies.

I'm studying and working as a security guard on weekends so I don't have that much experience, but are office politics really that bad?

I worked at a real estate office before and the boss did have his favorites but he still treated all of us with respect and helped us out, gave us beer and food and stuff.

Was that an exception to the rule?

In my experience, it's more just the difference between being groomed for upward movement, or being stuck in your position.

I would expect all of my bosses/coworkers to treat me with respect, but big corporate is something completely different from smaller companies.

It also looks like this tide is turning in newer companies, with a flatter management style. There too many factors and companies to make a general statement but I would say that upper level management always has preferences regarding upward movement

I wouldn't worry about this so much in accounting because its very stable work and lacks some of the more polarizing incentives in fields like finance

>polarizing incentives in fields like finance
Please give more information desu senpai

tfw promoted

The 20 Hetero Alpha Moves
The 69 Persuasive Verbages for Peanut Brained Losers
The 2 Self Help Books in One: Because You Really Need Help
The 10 Golden Rules for The Disadvantaged
The 3 Gestalts for the Socially Uncapable

there you go op, did the research on what can do the thinking for you for you. hope you find success with all these books.

10/10

Are those actual books? And are you implying reading is useless?

So imagine you have a group of people in a shitty career field where they can't just leave for another job. Maybe they are tied to your company because your company does X its own way and they didn't learn better. Maybe you hire people who have ridiculous college debt and they can't quit because they can't miss a payment. Maybe your company separates all the roles into silos to make sure the person would be useless outside of being a specific cog.

The bottom line is the people there are stuck. You can pay them 85k a year to live like a human or you can cap the salaries at 50k and have them fight each other to get a 1-2k raise that may or may not come.

You tie that small raise to :metrics:, good boy points, or even blowjobs. Now watch the social dynamics of those people competing with each other. They go out and buy books like "50 cents rules for life" or whatever other book Robert Greene wrote. They turn cut throat as fuck but ultimately they suck up to the guy who cuts their paycheck.

Worse everyone intelligent is avoiding the company or leaves right away because they can get another job. This reinforces the difficulty of the job because anyone competent leaves. Anyone smart is new or quickly leaving. This leads to the older incompetent people praying on the newbies. If you can get the 21 year old who doesn't know the politics of the office to do your job for you than maybe you can get than 1k raise to keep up with the cost of living, help pay off that college debt or ex wife. Worse if that 21 year old looks competent you won't get that raise and you will get fired as he was hired at 30k because he doesn't have :experience:. If you can't outwork him than why would they pay you double the salary? Sabotage that fucker or get laid off.

There are departments like the above in any large organization. You avoid that shit by not being desperate, meaning be employable elsewhere.

>I wouldn't worry about this so much in accounting because its very stable work and lacks some of the more polarizing incentives in fields like finance

Go read about what machine learning and automation is doing to accounting. The field is slated to be depeopled.

Well then... I guess I can tell my dad "I told you so" when accounting gets obsolete.

How long is it going to take and what technologies are emerging?

This is one of the most important and overlooked books on making money.

I would like to reiterate, this is an eye opening read. Blackpill wrapped in a sunny disposition.

Nice find!

The father of modern marketing (which is repurposed propaganda techniques), and nephew of Sigmund Freud.

>how to win friends and influence people by dale cernegie
This ^^^. Book changed my life. Highly recommend it.

>Seeking knowledge and trying to understand your surroundings is looking for shortcuts
>People in power are just average joes doing stuff on the fly without any planning or general perception on how people work
>Being charismatic and knowing how to deceit people won't help you be powerful or make money
You can't possibly be this dumb.

I think it's more like he's making fun of self help books and people who look for them

this.

its cheesy but a must read if you want to understand the dark side of how to manipulate morons.

also read the real bible , so after you find out how weak and pliable people are you can spiritual elevate yourself move towards true purpose, independent of the actions and strategy's of others.

I'm just here to learn how to counter machivallianfags.

Game theory states that being in the middle between selfish and altruistic us the way to go, reality dictates that is more a slider than a binary choice. Even Soros has to hide the knife once in a while.

That's a sociopath. Psychopaths take the long approach.

>Deceiving people is a good thing
>You can make millions by lying to people
>48 Laws of Power has stuff about crushing your enemy and literally killing people
>Implying you can just kill your competitors

Top kek mate.

Wow. I've had that book for years but never read it. I'll try it.

Some of those backstabbing corporate sociopaths who work 60 hour workweeks move this planet. Don't be a fool.

the Game or the Bible?

>Deceiving people is a good thing
I said it was efficient, not necessarily good.
>>You can make millions by lying to people
Strawman. You don't make millions just by lying, but lying can help you out in certain situations.
>48 Laws of Power has stuff about crushing your enemy and literally killing people
Okay...? I don't see how that refutes my point. Also, I wasn't specifically talking about this book.
>>Implying you can just kill your competitors
That's basically what big companies do all the time though. Not literally of course, you can't possible be clueless to the point of taking the ''kill your competition'' literally.

COPE

Funny I saw you post these roasties on Veeky Forums earlier

>he wouldn't bang those milfs

It's okay. You're gay

>>Deceiving people is a good thing
It's the same skill as making a good impression and having people believe what is advantageous to you. It's an essential life skill.

>>You can make millions by lying to people
Yes, being a good liar is extremely valuable and requires high intelligence and ability to simulate another person's knowledge state. Similar to the above, this relates to enforcing a version of reality that is useful to you as the status quo.

Laws of Power has stuff about crushing your enemy and literally killing people
Demonstrating the ability to finish a person off, like character assassination, is extremely important for a boss. Fear, not respect, is the strongest driving force in the workplace, at least in mine which is in a profession that requires abundant book smarts and features great workload. May be different in professions that are more creatively inclined.

>>Implying you can just kill your competitors
You can put them out of business sometimes, which is the equivalent.

But I also think that these skills are learned in real life and through observation of more experienced people and through own experience more than from these books. These books are there more to satisfy a vulgar desire for "human interest" material, i.e. power, violence, the-world-is-not-as-you-would-think stories.