/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

NOT DEAD, FOR REAL THIS TIME edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/ec862KsG (embed) (embed)
pastebin.com/6evJAyns (embed) (embed)

>0.7.1 update
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-07_1-patchnotes/

>French BB collection
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france/

>World of Waifubaits collection
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/become-a-blue-mermaid/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel" (by Varzov)
NA Channel: Search for "Veeky Forums" (by antibullyranger)
SEA Channel: "Veeky Forums"

>Clans
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Erobeat
[HOTEL] or [KUMA] on EU - ask in chat
[???] on NA - I lost track t. EU

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.kotobukiya.co.jp/product-category/figure/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Captured_ships
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Wake_(PR-3)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for comfy win of the day

>(embed)(embed)
kys nuwowsg

>putting enough effort inn to not just copy paste the general OP

>tfw finally learned how to aim somewhat properly with a bb
Those citpens on cruisers holy shit.

Oh yes, the bottom of a Norwegian fjord. The German ships natural habitat!

>last thread 404s after 100 posts

Face it, dead game

Who is ready for more Clan Battles tonight?

who is this smug looking handsome man

I'd fug that man

I think the general dying before autosage has less to do with the population of Veeky Forums playing the game and more to do with half the posts being about shitty guilds, minor ecelebs and discord drama.

Threadly reminder that KUMA is the only rightfully Veeky Forumsbased clan.
While HOTEL is still keeping its corrupt deputys which opened the floodgates to reddit and furry circlejerkers.

Had my first game in Fiji and decided to go down the channel in Two Brothers with three other CLs for laughs. It worked surprisingly well, I got three kills and I'm fairly sure the others accounted for a couple more before three of us went down and the last one had to retreat. Got my DD quest 80k damage win and a bunch of flags.

Is Fiji always this fun? I swear the guns aren't any bigger, but somehow it just feels like a much smoother and nicer Leander even before you take out some useless torpedoes and add four more guns.

How many Stalingrad flags do you guys have?

See, this is the sort of post I'm talking about. Nobody gives a shit, except other discord shitposters.

>I disregard my morals for a fraction of a not-yet-implemented bote
Might as well sell your ass for some doubloons while you're at it.

Sounds like a bunch of shitters

US carriers are disgusting you fucking pig

Because meta complain posts are much better for thread quality

>We got some members a stalingrad flag after having to recruit on reddit and funnyjunk and spamming low performance games with a shit winrate for hundreds of battles while still needed some KUMA players to join and carry us for the last battles because we couldn't stay in typhoon without constantly downranking.

At least they're about the game.

>b-but we got 5 flags s-so we're good guys rite

The one ship that never lets down.

Fubuki - Fiat
Midway - Subway
Atlanta - Alitalia
Nassau - Nestlé
Hosho - Honda
Fiji - Fiat
Independence - Intel
Pensacola - Panasonics
Bogue - Bose
Yamato - Yamaha
Dunkerque - Dunlop
New Orleans - New Balance
Muzuki - Mazda
Yougumo - Youtube
Amagi - Amazon
Ibuki - Ikea

What are the rest?

Fubuki is Fedex nigger.

Khabarvosk is en.kotobukiya.co.jp/product-category/figure/

I'm actually doing really good in the Danae even though all these faggots told me she would be awful.

Only shitters are bad in the danae because she actually performs decently with that favorable tier 4 MM. The emerald is the real shit.

These are stock configurations, r-right?

Maybe.
Plase explain why that makes you worry, dearest customer!

That one was so obvious I forgot to even include it.

>I haven't played IJN cruisers in a while, lets give t6 a go
>2 citpens while facing a BB frontal
Is there any reason to play IJN cruisers at all?

>Ibuki - Ikea

Aoba is great looking while you spin her in port.
Just don't bring them to battle.

>We came to the same conclusion, but only after having our inferiority made clear over 3 months of pointless infighting which we constantly try to re-ignite because it's the only thing were at all good at

Should I even bother grinding anything IJN besides carriers?

Not with that attitude, you whiney bitch.

Akizuki is fun.
The best of their cruisers is Atago which is premium so you don't have to grind it.
Nagato and Fuso are the highlights of their battleship line.

BBs are good, except Izumo.
Zao is great for random battles.
Aoba, Myoko and Mogami got powercreeped, but they still teach you how to play cruisers.

Honestly, if you can't handle a line of relatively well armored cruisers, you should stick to BB's for now. There are a lot of ships that can overmatch the bow armor of a T6 cruiser. If you got a double citadel that way, you either got very unlucky or you were rushing a BB.

Move around, keep a distance to the enemy BB's, kite away and shoot AP at cruisers. It is as straight forward as it gets.

>BBs are good, except Izumo.
The Myogi is huge piece of shit, and the only good thing about the Kawachi is that she's only tier 3 so you don't have to suffer too much with her.

Sorry, I tend to forget these tiers exist.

It's easy to forget once you're high tier and have 100k free XP in the bank at all times, but the Myogi was the reason I quit this game the first time I tried it.

yeah it was pretty obvious that HOTEL was inferior back then, no need to remind it

Has there ever been talk of tier 8 weekly scenarios?
From what I hear MM can be tough on tier 8 ships.
If not can flags make the grind tolerable to tier 9 on co op?

Really? Well, the first time I played Myogi it still had a different name and not even a B hull, so I knew what seh was like.

But I also found out that she is a pretty good guided torpedo, and can sink a cruiser or two on her way in.

no
maybe
no

According to a recent QnA, T8s are more often top tier than often than not, so there doesn't seem to be a need for this.

>According to a recent QnA, T8s are more often top tier than often than not
And in WoT, only 5% of all shots are gold ammo.

T8s are bottom tier facing T10s more than anything else, that QnA was total bullshit the subhuman slavs made up on the spot.

>Gnei having superior speed and maneuverability to a DD

>Gneisenau having sufficient speed and manoeuvrability to deny a DD an insurmountable positional advantage
yes

What is teh DD going to do?
Attempt to get in front of a 30 knot BB?
Try to YOLOtorp a BB that has credible secondaries and torps?

>why am I not invincible if I just pointed my bow at them
Sounds like you don't know how to play cruisers at all to me.

Stealth torping.
Kiting while spamming HE, the secondaries do shit all damage and the main guns can't hit anything past 8km.

>guns can't hit me beyond 8km
You're not making your trolling subtle. We know you can't aim for shit, but the rest of us land hits on things even 16km away with the guns.

>Stealth torping.
A valid point, but irrelevant in the context of teh scenario mentioned in the previous posts.
>Kiting while spamming HE, the secondaries do shit all damage and the main guns can't hit anything past 8km.
Only works in a hypothetical 1-on-1 situation.

Maybe if you see nothing but retarded DD who don't know how to turn left and right, then again there are a bunch of those in random.

because you are retarded, I will explain how the game works.

If you turn your DD sideways, it bleeds speed and its speed vector is not away from the chasing vessel, so it gets closer in two ways simultaneously.

German BBs who are better than you are simply aim their shells at the only locations the DD can be at if it's gonna gain distance instead of get caught. Then the DD still gets caught by breaking the engine/steering with every volley. 15knot Last Stand speed is nowhere near enough to outrun any battleship in game, especially not a 32+ knot german. Repair lasts a pathetic 5 seconds so non-retarded players will just hit them a 2nd time 5 seconds later and it's a dead DD.

Or RNG fucks you up and all your shells miss, which is an every day case for a BB with 6 guns and terrible dispersion. Also
>I have no idea how to play DD, the post

Smug gunbote ‘gumo is the best IJN DD. She’s so fucking fun compared to the rest of that powercrept travesty of a line.

>RIDF literally has BOTES ONLY wins for the day

I have 30-35% hit-rate on Gneisenau, Bismarck and Tirpitz. They're harder to dodge than slow american AP because of the additional velocity. If you can shoot all your guns in exactly 1 spot, a destroyer would simply move so that 1 spot wasn't where it was at. Against germany, they have to dodge 6-8 different high velocity spots and it's plenty to force impossible-to-dodge hits with a percentage of them. It's not my fault you suck at BB and suck at DD.

>uses pathetic stalingrad flags counter-argument to defend the 9faggers, redditors and bronies in hotel

There's a whole board dedicated to horsefuckers right here on Veeky Forums. You're not well suited for here if that's a problem for you.

>lost to the same BR team they lost to last week

>didnt get tipped by the same house as last week
bitter HP?

>he can't use smoke to get the hell away
>he can't use islands to cover his track
>he gets torped run in his smoke by a fucking Gneisenau
no u

Oh I didn't know that having a containment board for degenerate bronies who kept spamming their retarded fetish everywhere in any board on the site equals to the fact that they are widely accepted and desiderable people, or that you can't make fun of their obsession for bestiality and for a cartoon aimed at little girls, thanks for correcting the record!
+1

If he smokes up, he can't see the BB.
If he goes behind an island, he can't see the BB and can't fucking shoot it.

>ships that start on one side of the map and decide that they would be 'better used' on the OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE MAP

This is perfectly acceptable course of action for DDs.

Why don't ships have ammo and fuel? I for one have my immersion broken by this fact.

Ocean going ships carry enough fuel to go on months long voyages, what's the purpose of adding this to a 20min match?

The real question is why isn't there a morale system. Surely your captain would waiver and surrender long before your ship explodes.

Hey guess what! I turns out that when you chase out weebs and the entire core of the thread constantly until none of them want to deal with normalfag redditors who have no idea what lurking is. The thread will fucking die!

The discord is active as fuck because normalfags let in people like Raptor and are suprised that shit is ruined. Bote autists will actively move away from low skill normalfags with shit taste.

We used to have a much better general early 2016 and now its shit.

fuck off anuspara :^)

Only true for Italian and French ships.

Who is chasing out the weebs? I never heard someone antagonizing the weebs on here.

Normalfags

>implying weebs have ever given a shit what normies think

>Aoba - Aeon
>Wyoming -
>Fubuki - FedEx
>Midway - Subway
>Mogami - Mobage
>Kagero -
>Atlanta - Alitalia
>Sampson -
>Nassau - Nestlé
>Hosho - Honda
>Fiji -
>Khabarovsk - Kotobukiya
>Independence - Intel
>Pensacola - Panasonic
>Bogue - Bose
>Yamato - Yamaha
>Cleveland - Coleman
>Taiho - Taito
>Mikasa - Makita
>Dunkerque - Dunlop
>New Orleans - New Balance
>Muzuki - Suzuki
>Yougumo - Youtube
>Amagi - Amazon
>Ibuki - Ikea
>Flint -
>Prinz - Pretz

Fixed and added some stuff for you. We had worked on this in Discord a few months ago.

>normalfags shit where they eat
>weebs find this disgusting

>Surely your captain would waiver and surrender long before your ship explodes.
Warships captured in naval combat during WWII = ???
inb4 u-boots, they're not in the game

>Warships captured in naval combat during WWII
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Captured_ships

Weren't most of these abandoned in port.

Sampson is Simpson.

>Muzuki - Suzuki
Further evidence that this general must be purged of discortards

Kek, according to the wiki article the Americans were the only ones to surrender a ship throughtout the entirerty of WWII

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Wake_(PR-3)

no need for morale system
You're either playing a sentient bote fighting endless battles in bote valhalla or piloting a bote-shaped mech and the only crew is your captain

Yep. Aside from U-boots, you're not going to find one where the captain said "gg wp" in the midst of battle.

That's not what it says.

It is a combination of both.

>Torpedo games
w-what sort of torpedo games?

Have you never tried throwing torpedoes at your friends, user?
You're missing out.

I think that a shipgirls experimenting with torpedoes is natural and perfectly normal.

>ladder for scale
I really like seeing people or common objects next to boats, reminds me of how big they really are.
Got any more of those?

Just realised how incredibly dangerous going up against single-shot torpedoes can be

>instead of a predictable pattern, you're now just fucked