/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous Timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- BBCF 2.0 now out in arcades, consoles and PC featuring Jubei and a large amount of balance changes.
- BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (feat. P4A, UNIB and RWBY) coming on the 5th of June to PS4, Switch and PC.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are also available on Steam.
- Third volume of Blazblue Variable Heart is being released on the 9th of March.
- Preregistrations open for the Blazblue Dark War gacha game: blazblue.jp/bbdw/

> USEFUL LINKS
- BlazBlue Character Selector
kalavinka.co.uk/EMBER/
- BBCF Character info
pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
-Discord Links
pastebin.com/UM1rb5SJ
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-Blazblue Central Fiction Beginner's Tutorial: Beginner Characters and Where to Start
youtube.com/watch?v=mAnBUUjDSxk

The three most popular Blazblue girls.

And the fourth

Play Weiss
first opponent was Flux. Won the first match but just couldn’t capture another one :(

I already told you it was an accident

damn thats a tough draw :(

Was he playing Nu or Rachel?

Nu

Flux coming back to protect Nu's smile, a true saint among men.

Won my first losers match btw. So 0-2 has been avoided once again.

That arson sure wasn't

Well I failed you guys. Another 1-2 :(

I choked away the second losers match against an arakune. He was Azrael at first but switched when I won the first match. Sorry bros :(. I feel like I played pretty Ok though, they were solid players and every match was close but I’m a bit tired of not breaking this 1-2 curse. Maybe I’ll git gud someday.

At least you tried user, you did us proud either way

Don't worry Weissfag. /blaz/ will always be proud of our tourney goers. Hopefully you'll break that curse next time you attend a tournament.

bump

They’re laughing at us

who

STOP LAUGHING AT ME

Is anyone here actually excited for BBTag? Game seems to have reached negative hype levels at this point.

>Is anyone here actually excited for BBTag?
no

>Game seems to have reached negative hype levels at this point.
yes

I'm still going to buy it, but the fact that they're rushing it out the door for EVO when MvCI already showed what a stupid idea that is makes it hard to call it 'good'. At least I can play Rachel x Ragna.

I wanna be excited but there are many red flags. If Tag fails that's the end of Blazblue. If it's good I'll play it.

I'm super excited for it, and I have a lot of friends that are going to get it as well, so we're going to have a great time with it.

>If Tag fails that's the end of Blazblue
I doubt it. They're probably still going to do BB2 in like 5 years or something, and DW has a chance to revitalize whatever interest may have been lost.

5 years is like a lifetime

>BBTAG

I think they meant more along the lines of "If BBTAG doesn't do well, I'm done with Blazblue entirely" which I mean, same here.

Why?

The series has started to lose what I loved about it more and more as time has gone on, with Central Fiction being an especially poor case in my eyes, my patience has nearly run out and I'm about to give up hope on the franchise.

What does that have to do with Tag doing well?

I hate how it was rushed for EVO, I get that it's a big event but it should never be a main priority.
EVO accepting games in this way rather than the games getting there by their own merit really rubs me the wrong way.
However these are four series I like in the same game, it's impossible for me not to be a little excited.
I'm very worried about the new combat, but it might be fun so I'll give it a whirl.
Game + DLC price isn't too bad.
I hope they really knock it out of the park with story mode.

you had me until the last paragraph

When has a crossover fighting game ever had a good story?

Because if it sucks, then my interest in Blazblue is done for good.

I hope the story is good too, it doesn't have to have an amazing plot, but if the characters do cool things and the interactions are fun, then I'm sure it'll be a good time.

Dark War will save /blaz/ bros

lol

I'm pretty sure it will have a barebones story. How could they make an extensive story in a crossover involving 4 different franchises? And the fact they decided to dub the game also suggests that there isn't much of a story section, since they'd be more motivated to dub a game that hasn't got much dialog.

I don't really think anybody is expecting an extensive and super deep story. I think people are just expecting a fun story.

Noel! Nu just pooped the bed again!

Also, the game is confirmed to have cinematics

REALLY?!

Yes, there is a cinematics tab in the gallery, no reason to have a tab all to itself if it was nothing more than the opening video.

Good night /blaz/

Going to bed early so I can wake up for the breakfast buffet lol. Hopefully I’ll do better next time and stop disappointing myself and everyone else. Gotta keep grinding.

whoa

pitiful attempt at a bump

mama

we should be encouraging of people who branch out and experiment with nonstandard bumps

I suggest Ragna bumps

ragna

loves

niggers

I slep

You're not wrong.

cute

>yfw it's animated by toei phillipines

I want to roll my waifu in BBDW.

Cute OP.

Good morning!!!

>1-2
BTFO

Rude

They're cute girls.

>One bogged down the entire story
>One got her character development snatched away for no reason
>One is utterly pointless to the story and served no purpose
>All three are the most popular girls in the series
>All three have much more interesting and attractive friends

Fucking hell. where's the justice

The first two are what happens when the main author shoves them down your throat. Mai's popularity is well because of futafags and MtFags being vocal and obnoxious.

That's better than the garbage that made Alter Memory.

Fuckers turned Rachel's sexy swimwear into a shitty one piece.

Mai has justice. Which girls do you consider more interesting and why?

Your complaint about Mai not being important to Ragna's story can be applied to more than half the roster. Unlike those characters though, Mai is the protagonist of two spinoff series, so she's important to the franchise as a whole.

Are you retarded? Noel is the female lead in the games, of course she appears a lot. And why the hell do you think that futafags would like Mai when she has no dick? If there is a girl who futafags should like it's Makoto. She's sexually aggressive and likes to molest other girls, so she's the one that tends to get drawn with a dick. And you think that fans being obnoxious is what makes a character popular?

>she's important to the franchise as a whole
lel
Her whole story is one giant exposition filler shit that could've been done by Kokonoe

The events in Mai's two manga were very important to the fate of the world. If Cypher hadn't been stopped in Remix Heart then he would have killed everyone at the Military Academy, which would mean that characters such as Jin and Noel would be gone. The fate of the world would have been pretty different as a result. And if Meifang hadn't been prevented from smelting Takemikazuchi in Variable Heart then she would have been able to use it to wreck the planet, so again the fate of the world would have been very different.

>The events in Mai's two manga were very important to the fate of the world.
Which is ultimately pointless since it was rendered MOOT by Ragna in the end of Central Fiction!!!

STOP BEING SUCH A FAGGOT

You completely missed the point of CF's ending. It worked the same way as the ending in Xblaze Code Embryo. All the events in the games/manga/novels happened exactly as we saw them; all that Ragna did was to make people be unable to remember him specifically, just as people were unable to remember Es after Code Embryo.

And you completely missed the point of how to be an actual human being you degenerate fag.

Mai is irrelevant to everything that goes on in the world of BB

That's not the case at all. Mai is very important to the world as she's the heir of one of the noble families that rule the world and is connected to other duodecim such as Tsubaki, Jin and Kagura. She's also part of Sector Seven and she knows and has worked with Kokonoe. And she owns a Legacy Weapon, which are as powerful as Nox Nyctores, as well as being the only case of a successful complete fusion of a human and a grimoire. And what she did was very important to the fate of the world, as I explained here:

>Mai is very important to the world as she's the heir of one of the noble families
So important that it never comes up in the overarching plot and never plays any relevance into anything. Being part of Sector 7 was barely even relevant either, and having a Legacy Weapon doesn't mean he's important, it just means he has a Legacy Weapon.
All of the conflicts that he's involved in barely connect to anything major in the story, if at all, and often times when it is, it's through elements that worked just as well as it would have without his inclusion (such as the return of Nine).
Mai just a useless piece of shit tranny with a personality that makes Celica look like a good character in comparison.

S-stop pointing out facts, trannies are very important to the plot of BB! BB2 will be all about Jin going through a sex change and going to Mai for advice on how to handle the experience, just you wait!

Average Maifag

I see you have shifted your position into arguing that Mai isn't important to Ragna's story. I take it you agree that Mai is an important character in the world due to her position, power and connections and that she played a significant role in the fate of the world?

And why do you dislike Mai's personality? She is a good person but she's pretty different from Celica. Mai is capable, quick-thinking and fights her own battles. Also she is willing to stand up to others, fight and even kill if necessary, so she's not a shrinking violet.

I said she wasn't relevant to anything that actually happens in the BB world, because the Duodecim are irrelevant to absolutely everything that goes on, and whenever they do anything at all, it has no relation to anything that has anything to do with Mai.

What Mai did was very important to the fate of the world, as I explained here:

>wasting your time on the Maitard
Don't bother, it's like talking to a robot

>The events in Mai's two manga were very important to the fate of the world
Blatant fucking lie as they're not brought up anywhere else and could be 100% excluded from the BB world and literally nothing would have changed as literally all the events played out without neither requiring nor even encouraging anyone to find out the completely irrelevant details written there. Hell, the Meifang shit was made after everything important about Takemikazuchi had already happened. It's just them deciding "oh shit we need to make this character look relevant so lets have her play a part in an event we never referenced".
Completely irrelevant and useless. Just like Mai.

>such a bland and generic character that being selfish about food is somehow a notable feature

These events did happen and were important to the fate of the world. You're only excluding them because they weren't directly tied to Ragna.

By your logic, you could exclude the events of the main games themselves and not much would have changed. If Terumi had stayed trapped in the Boundary then the NOL would have been still been ruled by Tenjou and eventually by Homura. So the world of BB would have been pretty similar to what we saw at the CF epilogue.

The events of the Phase LNs play an actual part in the BB world and are actually referenced. I'm excluding things that are specifically only tied to Mai's manga because it's a story specifically about him and might as well take place in an entirely different dimension for all the relevance it has because it's never referenced or cared about by anyone.
>Maifag trying to draw an equivalence between the main games and his shitty spin-off tranny manga
This is beyond pathetic. Mainline story is always, always going to take presedence over spin-offs. That's why characters, stories, and subplots from the mainline games are referenced constantly in Remix Heart, but not the other way around.

Nice job ignoring all those other listed traits.

wtf maibros why wont they pretend like /ourtranny/ is important?!

This. Just because he had to resort to listing things like being interested in reptiles and being selfish about food doesn't mean that they're something you should pay attention to. After all, we are talking about a Maifag here. Expecting something even worth reading from someone like that is just absurd.

You're only measuring a character's importance based on their effect on Ragna's story which is a biased metric. You can have events that are important to the world without directly being tied to Ragna and thus not needing to be brought up in his story.

And I wasn't arguing that the main games are unimportant, just illustrating an application of your own logic.

I'm measuring it based on the actual world of BB that matters, not the spin-offs that don't play any part into anything else. You were trying to equate the relevance of a side story to that of the main one like the simpering bitch that you are. The only thing you can do is repeatedly try and claim that her contributions that play no part in anything aside from her own little shitty tranny manga somehow make her important. Trying to act like you were doing anything else is just hilarious but the only thing you ever do is parrot the same robotic lines anyway.

You're saying that if something isn't brought up in Ragna's story it's the same as if it never happened, which is absurd.

Mai sure does bring out all the morons, on both sides.

The thing you're calling "Ragna's story" is literally the entire mainline series. Ragna is the main character of said story, but there are many other characters that play an actual role. Mai is not one of them, as she acts as nothing more than a Bullet-level throwaway character. Even Naoto despite not even existing within the same timeline somehow manages to play a bigger part, and he barely did anything.
The mainline story is what matters, and if the only claim to relevance that Mai has is through associations that are never mentioned or play any part outside of her own little bubble, and because of facing threats that are never mentioned elsewhere or just flat-out background exposition for events that never even needed it because of the stories already having been told, then she is an irrelevant character. The Phase books are infinitely more important as the things there actually play a part in the main story, and that's despite one of the volumes not even involving Ragna at all.
Mai is an irrelevant tranny and always will be.

bump