/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=sIkHWzT5Iv4
>Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=VueiR2a_lDY
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

I wanna lick mommy Zelenin's pillar!

>Summoner Saturday edition

Yes, this is clearly what I intended.

I fucked up and left the [embed] shit though so sorry about that.

>this guy enters the bar and makes your games not canon
What do you do?

10 seconds to explain why you aren't balls deep in Toki right now.

She's not real.

5 seconds to explain why you aren't whipping out your dick for Cleo

It's already out

this is some KH final mix shit with the recolors

Does DEEP go into the Three Wise Men any more than the original?

Survival horror Megaten when? No Mothmen allowed.

I'm balls deep in Argilla instead.

By pillar, y-you mean feet, right?

Fuck i want a new devil summoner game. Soul Hackers was the shit. Cancel the mainline and Persona and just make new summoner games

Yes. Although it's not like a super involved plot, you do find out exactly who they are in the extra dungeon.

By that you mean you want a non-post-apocalyptic setting that isn't a Persona game?

The closest we have now is the Cyber Sleuth games.

not him but fuck Yasuda

Yes exactly. I love demons and shit but I like the more relate able settings of the DS games.

And the Cyber Sleuth games are great

I just want something that isn't Tokyo honestly.

Not every SMT game HAS to be set in the Post Apocalypse per say. SMT Strange Journey wasn't. And Nocturne was, but it was a very nontraditional apocalypse.

>play the game
>hear that voice and instant boner
>game implies she's gay
Fuck

>>game implies she's gay

Nocturne wasn't really an apocalypse, the world literally did end and humanity was dead except for a very select few.

Yeah, me too. Mikado was pretty cool for a bit, wouldn't have minded if the whole game took place around there (if they expanded it)

I just want something a bit different I guess

She wanted that Jinana pussy hard. In the final dungeon of DDS2 Jinana gives her a special spell even.

>that isn't Tokyo
brand new Devil Summoner ARPG
by the Yakuza devs and reusing Fukuoka and Nagoya from Yakuza 5 but expanding the cities

It kinda depends on you mean by Apocalypse. The Biblical Apocalypse IS the actual end of the world and the end of Humanity along with it. But most people use it just to describe a massive large scale cataclysmic event.

>instead of animating her opening her mouth and eating the noodles it just does a frame with her mouth open and then right to her slurping the noodles
God, I really feel bad for the people who still are really into anime. I don't know how you can go through a genre with so much shit and still hold hope.

Gotta to low the quality so you can shit out at least 10 shows per season

Is there really any different between physical and hunt skills in DDS? Other then the fact that hunt skills allow you more mantra points if you kill an enemybwith them I don't get the difference.

That's an awfully silly thing to be anal about.

Did Gucci rip from our trailer?

It's lazy animation. I more just mean how sloppy and unproffesional it looks but I guess that's expected with more modern flavor of the month style shows.

I mean there are much more important things. You could dislike anime because your favorite genre isn't being made anymore, or because of LN adaptations, or because of the lack of original content, or because almost every show goes uncompleted because they're just advertisements. Instead you focus on the animation of a character eating in a show about economics. Priorities.

>show about economics
What the fuck? Who the fucks thought an anime about economics would be a good idea? Teenagers and weebs don't care about that shit at all.

It wasn't good or successful. It aired in a block of programming that's specifically geared towards older audiences (noitamina)

Have you never heard of Spice and Wolf?

Spice and Wolf S3 never.

>Cyber Sleuth
>welcome to the city of almost nude 1337 haxors!
My brother is still reeling at the thought that he spent $80 on that shitty game when it released.
I almost feel bad for him.
the combat was fine though

Hunt skills are only powerful if used against a scared enemy. Try using a hunt skill against an enemy who is stronger than you or a boss. It'll do shit damage.

Soul Hackers was actually pretty tasteful when it came to stuff like that, considering the main character was called Hardcore Hacker.

Yeah, the negotiation dialogue is honestly top tier. I like how laid back it can get at times, even if sometimes things don't work out.

SMT if... user here, Just killed Angra Mainyu. Was there any actual point to doing this? He didn't seem to drop anything.

She's fictional, unfortunately.

Thanks. It sounds like physical skills are better in the long run then.
Yeah, the only negotiation conversation that bothered me was one where a demon mistakes you for Shia LeBeouf and talk about the Transformers movies.

Atlus was ahead of their time with that negotiation conversation

SMT but with the gameplay of Dragon's Dogma

>Goes into an Expanse stone
>Finds other Messiah's Main Demons, pay Macca to borrow them and go on an adventure
>Rate their Demons Performance when I'm done with them

SMT but with the gameplay of Chulip

I do wonder if it was originally a refrence to something stupid but it still annoys me. They at least could have picked something iconic.

Devil Summoner but with the gameplay of Yakuza: Ishin

>TAMMY
I fucking hate you.

LA face but with the Oakland booty

>90% of demons have the default rating thanks to hama/mudo spells

Hey, what the fuck dude.

SMT but with the gameplay of Persona

SMT but with the gameplay of Persona 4

Little in the middle but she got much back

He's gives really good experience, that's all.

ayyee

>you can climb atop demons and buildings
>your demons make quips and give you advice while out on the field
>your messiah is fully customizable, and can wield a variety of weapons ranging from guns and swords to axes and possibly bows
>game still retains the classic alignment system like always

Ah, okay. Thanks user.

Garm hunt in packs, Summoner!

>Climbing on top of Asherah,Senda,Maya.

Dis-Mute

Makajam

im not a pedophile

>lawfags

Null Mind

New to SMT here, playing IV and just got past Medusa.

As of now, it feels like I'm just giving my demons all the same skills, that is, all the weak magic skills for coverage, some buff or debuff like rakunda or sukukaja and maybe 2 demons with media. I haven't bothered at all with physical so far.
Is this normal for the start?

>Have two new SMT games I have never played
>Really just want to play DeSu again and do the chaos route for once
Help

a bit. go get a phys-based demon

At the very LEAST get Devil Feast for hunt skills. It's like a shittier Mudo, but it counts as Almighty and will instantly kill and consume any scared enemy and greatly boost the atma you get.

It's normal for really all of IV honestly. The games before IV don't allow you to choose skills so demons often had very specific roles in battles. Because you can freely choose skills in IV it isn't weird that most would try to make the most of all skill slots you get. IV:A kind of fixes as it makes it so demons have affinities for particular types of skills and other skills have more negative aspects to them.
Thanks, I just got that for Serph but it seemed shitty and I didn't put it on him. Which mantras should I go for if I want to start getting buffs and debuffs? I want to get them on Argilla as soon as possible.

Just going off of memory here, but I *think* that healing and Hama skills unlock buffs and debuffs.

Honestly Argilla starts off as a good healer but by the end of the game she was my primary magic caster while Serph was my Dekaja/Kunda/Healing/Support character. Gale also makes a good support character since his stats are pretty well rounded.

Is Lucifer the best ice-demon for IV:A? Considering that or make him or Satsn the physical attacker.

My man. I'd love something like that.

Oh, and I should specify, level up your Hunt mantra for all (yes, all) characters until you unlock Iron Stomach so you are immune to Stomach Ache during your hunts. This is especially important when hunting Mitamas because they will almost always give you that status effect, but eating them is almost guaranteed to max out your mantra no matter what.

Thanks guys. Right now I'm still pretty early in the game, invading Mick's base. So far I've Serph and Heat focus on physical skills and Argilla on healing skills. Right now I have Serph with the third ice mantra, heat with the first ice manta, and Argilla on the second earth mantra.

Is grinding them going to be a hige aspect later? I hate it but I'm the kind of person who grinds job classes and such and I don't want to break this game from my autism. So far it seems really fun and I want the challenge to only grow. The dungeon design feels pretty massive and it's fun running around exploring.

I'm going to get DeSu OC since you guys have been hyping me up for a while now.
I hope I'm not let down, desu.

I liked it, at least. Keep in mind it's kinda a mixture of Persona and SMT, so I hope you like waifus.
I know I did.

Bump

make him gun based because Myriad Arrows

In my honest opinion it's one of the grindier SMT games I have played. Also it has (in my opinion) the most absurdly high encounter rate ever.

Mantra Skills are key for fights. You can honestly get by in the game with Buffs, Debuffs, Dekaja, Dekunda, a healing spell (Mediarama is all you need, Mediaharan is too much even at high levels), the full elemental attack spread between your members, and hunt skills.

It's not necessary, but is helpful, if you toss a few of the lower level "all enemies" elemental attacks on everyone later on in the game when macca is abundant. For example, late in the game there is an area where several high level demons that I smacked around with weak elemental skills to make them scared then ate them like popcorn for quick atma grinding.

There is one boss in the game that is nearly impossible without Dekaja and Dekunda, so try to get them quickly on Serph or another magic user. Physical Skills aren't the best in the later game.

Already have Merkebah as my gunner though

>fighting Nues in DDS
>they make seagull noises
Literally what the fuck?

It's one of the mysteries of the universe.

Myriad Arrows >>>> Riot Gun
but fine I guess. if you don't have Black Rider as the optimal ice demon

Loooong Alice!

Being more adult kind of goes against the point of Alice, and the sleevless look is dumb.

I want to fuck adult Alice.

w-what about me user? I'm cute too, r-right?

Heaven’s bow is better on the thing that matters; Trumpeter Horde
Stop clogging up my fusions you fuck

Can someone tell me what this is suppose to mean in DDS? What is "bad" exactly?

Do you have a status ailment?