/simg/ Simulation Games General

Thicc edition

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C/NTTR and modules released AFTER those from steam(released after 12th May 2017), because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
Your pain setting up controls is over
i.imgur.com/R5bNpo7.png
i.imgur.com/l68Wzlm.png
i.imgur.com/ylhQnWD.png

>Falcon 4, BMS, SF2, real-life flight manuals and field manuals.
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Strike Fighters 2 For Dummies
pastebin.com/M5JQ2S7A

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Combat Mission
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lmNvWqc5lZ8&feature=youtu.be
sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

someone host that helo op pls

2nd for the odds were not good enough

this desu

Reminder that:
>DCS is a fun sim despite its flaws
>IL-2 is a fun sim despite its flaws

>implying DCS is a sim
>implying BOS is a sim

>implying your opinion matters

h e l i c o m f y

>try rebel base huey mission
>it's summer with a heavy rocket load
>need to keep pace with some hinds
>this isn't going to be good
ENGINE FIRE

>keeping pace
>with a hind
>with anything other than another hind
the thing was literally optimized to go FAST, whoever thought up that mission is retarded

They also start hot while I started cold. They disappeared on the horizon just before my engine burst

WHEEEEN
WHEEEEEEEEN
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

thank fucking god BST has already proved itself to be the most competent of all the devs I just wish that they'd work faster

Modify the mission so the Hinds start cold and/or can only fly 220kph, you can keep up with that easily.

I'm glad they don't work faster.
I think Razbam is competent, but they're exactly what you get when you have a competent sim dev trying to make four projects at once and release them in under a year. They start to 'prioritize' things and release them half-assed in an attempt to jump on the next popularity wagon for recognition instead of accuracy.

Good call. I also realized my bird had door gunners. I could probably stand to lose those. What's the default rearm button?

Fuck if I know. I just open my doors while shut down on the pad and ask the ground crew to rearm via the \ menu.

Noice.

Anyone take advantage of the sale?

I only buy DCS products a full price to show my loyalty to the company.

wtf is up with the floating painted markings on the deck.

ED quality

Honestly, if you are going to buy a module in the future, the sale isn't that much better than buying full price and earning ED bux.

BMP
youtube.com/watch?v=lmNvWqc5lZ8&feature=youtu.be

what happened to that one image where it was /simg/ but everyone was just posting bmps instead of discussion

Is this the SAM Simulator mentioned in the OP? Anyone very familiar with it? Any good?
sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/

>Is this the SAM Simulator mentioned in the OP?
Yes
>Anyone very familiar with it?
Probably not
>Any good?
Afaik they're the only SAM sim available so it's not like you have a choice if you want to simulate a SAM

Cool, thanks.

I tried it once. It's hardcore as shit. Your monitor must be over 1000 pixels tall to render it. Also, it's hard as shit to exit the program, it's one of the switches on the SAM console.

I hate to always be a shill for reading the manuals, but it's really the only way you're gonna make sense of this one... unless you find some helpful youtube videos in Russian (I recommend both)

Yeah whenever I sim something that seems like it won't be pretty intuitive I generally break out the manual. I'm sure some videos will be involved.
Fuck yeah. We'll see how this goes.

>this is a mission in SAM SIM
it actually is

huuuuurrrrrrrrrr

new hornet vid on shitbook

Rec me some train sims, boys

Does simg like War Thunder?

NO

Does simg like HAWX?

simg is actually a coop group for trains and trucks, however as with most "loud minorities" go, shit happens and thread dies cause the real simmers got banned

How can a plane be so aesthetic?

Bow down to the true king of aesthetic

When you have to land, do you follow all the procedures and do it by the book or do you just wing it?

I fly the glide slope, but only sometimes fly the pattern (really only if I need to bleed speed or altitude or go around).

I don't think anyone likes HAWX. It's kind of a shame, too, because it had something going for it, as far as being an answer to Ace Combat. Ubisoft being Ubisoft, though, they fucked up on the sequel and took all the wrong lessons from the first one.

Ubisoft is the reason I have very low hopes for this

Depends what mood I am in

What do you mean "by the book"? Like, lowering flaps to where they need to be, lowering your gear, keeping your airspeed and sink rate appropriate, doing your downwind checks and whatnot?

That's because you are racist and not progressive enough. To repent, you must say three "hail anita"s and accept a gay migrant into your anus.

>mfw landing with 4 white/4 red PAPI lights

and I didn't know what they were since relatively recently

Stimpak love you, loved you and will love you forever
hate ed for killing your cute child ^(

Why are you sucking this guy's dick?

Who?

>He never played OG afghan ops
The absolute state of /simg/ posters

Who cares? Or maybe you are Stimpak, and you're trying to inflate your own ego, in which case, please fuck off you cancerous reddit cunt.

>probably best /simg/ branded ops ever
>Who cares
I bet you've never even been in teamspeak or ever played with noone from /simg/

Sucking your own dick isn't cool, dude.

>reee why are there new people
You are the reson this general is on life support.

question, why is that viper so thicc?

Fuel tanks essentially. F-16 was a badly designed plane because Spery and Boyd had a limited vision of what air combat would be.

>F-16 was a badly designed plane
Still leagues above any slavshit.

>thinking I'm stimpak
>Can't take the joke

and leagues below the F-15C another wasteful project by the Pentagon for 0 reason

Conformal fuel tanks, they have less drag and lower radar signature than conventional wing tanks

>I-I-I'm not sucking my own dick for attention, I s-swear!
At last I truly see.
Fuck off, Mosque.

Too bad CFT look uggo

Still inferior to the F-20.

Kek
whatever dude, if you played his mission you would've known

Another question, then: Is that the metal peeled back to make room for the tanks right here?

>just some groundpounding op
oh wow i better get on my knees and suck this dude's dick and praise him hes like a god you guys

>206483034
Yes yes get that (You)

tfw fell for bait ^(

>I was just pretending to be retarded

>206483380
>Baited me
>pretending to be retarded
Can you even read?

That's just gear going up. That will eventually close.

I meant the fraying on the leading edge, is that normal?

Sprey had next to nothing to do with the design of any plane outside of conceptualizing them.

The Fighter Mafia is an interesting thing to read about, though

imagine being this fucking dumb

It's the leading edge flap.

What do you mean? It looks like the metal has been peeled back.
That part I circled is the leading edge flap?

Oh that's the underside refueling panel. It has to stay open because of fuel on top of the plane.

Okay, that makes more sense, thank you.

I was looking for more pictures of this and holy shit they all look so fat.

An interesting note here. While most planes take off with airbrakes in, it's actually better for the F-16 to take off with air brakes OUT.

You can see how the airflow will bounce off the bottom and generate more lift.

Is the F-5 the same way with its underside airbrakes?

Yes, it's not surprising they both share same manufacturer.

Wouldn't that also make it harder to brake while landing? That seems like a bad idea.

fuck the viper
CHINK F-16

>ARH are too good
>ED forces them to make them AMRAAM 2.0 but a little shittier.

I imagine it's not a problem if you've already lost all lift after landing. If the problem is that it generates lift, it also generates drag as well. If the throttle is idle and the aircraft is slowing down, it probably functions as designed and adds drag when stopping.
Much like how the flaps generate lift on landing but also assist in slowing the aircraft at idle power.

I know it's not getting the Meteor, but it's getting the PL-12, right?
Maybe IRL they're shittier Amraams, but PL-12s in-game are absurdly good. You can mod flankers to carry them and play a mission with them to see what they're like right now. They actually loft at their target.

I need to make a webm of what they look like when fired, because it makes the DCS Amraam look like a chump missile. It almost makes me worry that they're going to nerf it before release.

This is quite possibly the stupidest fucking post I have seen in 2018

The year has just started.

Okay, is that not true?

Of course it fucking isnt, sure a later model F-16 with no payload and fuck all fuel could power through and takeoff with the air brakes open but it will take a lot of runway and it is not "actually better"

The absolute fucking state of /simg/

Okay remember how I said they loft at their targets?

They fucking changed them.
They don't loft at their target anymore like when they were introduced in the 1.5 patch, they seek straight at calculated impact point like all the other retard missiles in the game.

Fuck my life, I guess we really ARE getting shittier amraams.

balanse x D