>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

>get backstabbed by someone in front of me
Gotta love that aussie internet

i want to take executioner smough to flavor town

*teleports on top of you*

I agree gwyn wanted to keep man down. He feared them because he knew how powerful they where. Im not seeing that happening before the age of fire though, only during it. how else would gwyn have even had created the ringed city, if it wasnt during the age of fire?

If its a reference then fine, but that wouldnt take away from the lore implications of such a fortress being named with no other explanation as to why. If we only see it from a meta perspective there is no point to lore at all anyway.

I said three because the user I was replying to seemed to imply three, because he said it three times. Im saying there was stone dragons, then age of fire. Nothing between and everything after was because of Gwyns sacrifice.

I agree with the idea the fading happened before. It was the first time, is what im saying. If it was the second or third or whatever then why would gwyn care? He knows his people and rule would come back. He did the desperate thing he did because he didnt want to die forever, he wanted life for his people. This is also why The Witch tried and failed to recreate the flame, not just for power but because her sisters also needed it to live.

my issue with the
>sen was firstborn, nameless king
is that we never see any connection between sen being the nameless king. The closest I see is the man-serpents being in dragon aerie and sens but that seems more related to dragons in general rather than nameless king, although why they are in sens is another matter.

>beat soul of cinder
>see summon sign
>sweet lets get my gal pal the firekeeper here
>tfw I accidentally the fire
Is god angry with me?

whered this fucker go. I wanted his shit. hes not in firelink either.

They are in sens, and sens fortress is still named sens fortress because gwyn couldnt remove everything of his Son. Ornsteins love and loyalty for his master (this also proves he is gwyns first born) could also not be broken. Ornstein died on that mountain out of grief for the betrayal of the man who taught him everything he knew. Sen was a traitor, but Gwyn could not purge his sons legacy in full.
need more info, what ng are you on, have you done abyss watchers, did u talk to him before doing tree boss?

Check Dark Firelink, in the spot where he'd normally be in the regular version

sl 51 in demon's, anyone in that range want to co-op i wanna get summoned

NG. done up to cinder

did find this dude, though. - I can't remember if he was there before.

>His race came from the dark sure, but they also had fire.
Just like humanity. Every living creature in Dark Souls is made from both Dark and Fire. The Dark Soul itself and the sprites of humanity are not mankind, they're simply one the building blocks of life, alongside Fire.

>He wanted to keep this fire and his race alive.
That's what he believed, out of ignorance. The lords, much like humans and every living creature (including dragons, but not everlasting dragons, and I don't know about demons), for being made from Dark are also afflicted by the Dark Sign that contains the Dark within them, preventing said Dark from ever leaving the body and returning to the Abyss, resulting in the undead curse. Gwyn went hollow (much like most of his Irithyllian descendants) specifically because of the curse he threw upon humanity, unknowingly cursing himself and every living creature.

>If he didnt keep the fire alive they would perish.
Again, that's what he believed out of ignorance. The Age of Humanity would come no matter what, and the lords would thrive in it just as every other living creature. His fear that humans would take over and rule over the lords (much like what the lords themselves did to the everlasting dragons) is what led him to contain the pygmy lords and curse humanity.

>If this isnt the case then why was the age of stone dragons not also known as the age of the abyss?
I'll reply to this one because I know the answer. The Age of Ancients had no disparity, there was no Dark or even Fire, therefore no Abyss. Only with Fire came disparity, and from disparity, Dark. From Fire *and* Dark the first race of humanoids appeared, and some of them found the Souls of Lords from the Fire, and with it they gave birth to the a race of "gods", or simply lords. The pygmy lords on the other hand found the Dark Soul, and with it they gave birth to humanity. Humans, lords and pygmies are all made from both Dark and Fire, with very little differences between them.

can someone post the "get off it dude" image

if you didnt use him enough before abyss watchers then he dies and goes away. otherwise if you did it he leaves and is replaced with the sable church lady. either way he should be gone, but u can get his stuff from the lady, if u used him enough before abyss watchers

I want to try pure pyro, but how the fuck are you supposed to fight Midir and other fire+dark resist enemies? Boulder breath?

Pestilent Mist.

>Im not seeing that happening before the age of fire though
And I'm telling you to go play the DLC for the third game where the NPCs and items flat out tell you that Gwyn wanted to imprison the pygmy lords before he went and started his age of fire. Gwyn crated the ringed city the same way anything got made magic because this is never explained and again, ringed knight gear tells you that men had their civilization before the age of fire.
>everything after was because of Gwyns sacrifice
But thats explicitly wrong because again TRC.

>He knows his people and rule would come back
But they didn't.
Gwyns people were the gods of DS1, the beings weak to Occult damage, Gwyns age of Fire was quite literally the only point in history in which they actually were in power.
During the age of gray there were dragons and they didn't exist
Before the war with the dragons men were clearly on top of their game, gods were sort of there maybe we are never told anything
After the war with the dragons, after men were enslaved, tricked and imprisoned the gods were in power, when the fire started fading and undead became an issue gods started losing their power an influence
After the events of DS1 gods were basically extinct, none of them were around the same way in DS2 or even DS3.

Gwyn sought to link the fire and extend the age of fire because that was the only point in which he and his people had power, but he was doing it at the expense of literally everyone else.
Even if you don't accept that the abyss was a thing before the age of fire, you have admit that TRC means that humanity could have a civilization just fine without an Age of Fire, without being subservient to the gods.

Gwyn did everything wrong from everyones perspective except his own because he was a greedy asshole who just wanted more power and was scared.

I have never seen Dead Again ever used.

>if it wasnt during the age of fire?
>Im saying there was stone dragons, then age of fire. Nothing between
Think of it this way, where did Gwyn get the gear the Black Knights wearing during their war with the dragons.
No matter how you look at it, there was clearly a span of time of shit happening after finding the lord souls and before going out killing the dragons and starting the age of fire. A time in which enough resources were poured into things to create an entire army to fight a war that resulted in the extinction of an entire species.

>goes to take off edgy hood
>gets caught and torn on the edgy spikes

very few if any enemies leave a corpse anymore. I can't even think of any off the top of my head that don't turn to ashes afterwards, other than the followers in the DLC

Is the Pyromancer's Parting Flame literally just a better Pyromancer Flame?

friend of mine used a heavy pickaxe on his pyro build. Thrust damage is the better physical damage type for the cunt. Maybe try blessed as a buff on a spear or something

yes, the DLC is literally p2w

Wait, so the WA is the only practical difference between chimes and talismans? I would have just stuck to talismans if I knew that, Gentle Prayer is worthless

isn't it only better if you're using spells like Great Combustion, Black Flame, etc or trying to spam the weapon art for free Estus?

It's only better with Black Flame and Great Combustion, all other spells are stronger with Pyromancy Flame, so it's up to you.

What's the best pointy-stabby for a str build? Is it the halberd?

>and sens fortress is still named sens fortress because gwyn couldnt remove everything of his Son
He could erase every other reference to his name in existence. I can't overstate how nonsensical not being able to rename a fortress is.

Also it really couldn't have been Gwyns firstborn because Gwyns firstborn was supposed to be Andre in DS1 but got cut because it was stupid, Andre =/= Sen so Sen can't be the name of the firstborn either.

He created it to protect his current kingdom. I dont see what your saying being told anywhere. The only reason he imprisoned one of the lords was because of this. He if was so fearful, why not imprison the other 2? I dont see this being stated in TRC. The only reason he treated the pygmies the way he did was because they where different then the other lords. He would only know this after he had seen every lord build their kingdom, after the battle with the stone dragons.

If gods where extinct how did ds3 happen the way it did? With many of Gwyns family and loyalty still alive in their own ways. Your saying if Gwyn didnt light the flame anew Gwyndolin would still be alive? I disagree.

Humanity could have it, but it would only lead to a dark lord. Gwyn knew this would ruin what was left of his kingdom so he fought against it. He did the right thing from his peoples and kingdoms perspective. If you think Black Knights would still be roaming the world had Gwyn not lit the flame then you are deluded.
There where no black knights during the fight with the dragons, the black knights where created from the The Witches abomination. He created the silver knights from his lord soul. All of the four kingdoms of lords where created from the respective lord soul. You think The Witch just had Izalith because of some time before? She created it herself, as Gwyn created Anor Londo.

A father's love can be nonsensical. If you can show me who Sen was, a man who clearly favored serpants, then do so. If you can tell me why Ornstein saw The nameless king as his master and died in his arena if it wasnt Sen, then tell me. Cut content is cut for a reason. I could care less if the original design of Dark souls was to make it bullet hell, its not so it isnt.

>get 2v1 R1 spammed off a ledge and die.
I was there so fucking long too. got 7 of these fuckers from darkmoons popping in.
>sen is x because hes named and therefore has to exist in the story
you're being silly now, friend.

>implying solaire isn't gwyn's firstborn

Im sorry, is there another major listed name that has no explanation that is connected to Gwyn and Ornstein (The head of Gwyns knights) that isnt Sen? Feel free to post evidence or an opinion but until you do im not seeing it any other way considering the evidence.
Explain why you think so. I dont see it at all.

Jesus fuck is pure fth boring

no, see, what you're doing is
>Sen is a name that we have
>oh we have someone who isn't named?
>guess Sen is that dude then.
you're giving the firstborn a name when canonically he was removed from everything. the only thing you're tying this on with is the man-serpents except they could be there because Sen ( who is not the firstborn) was super into dragons. although thats not specified anywhere in the fortress or the lore we have (I think. I don't recall it being anywhere) and are more like a Seath creation seeing as we know he was slamming people together like the sun-maidens who are now octopi.

I'm just going to make Deprived characters from now on. I'd rather waste a couple stat points for every possible build than being unable to try certain builds because they simply aren't viable with my class.

>the two demons keep fucking me up
>take a break to go finish up the base game
>get sunlight spear
>spend all of my fp pushing their shit in with it
>mfw demon prince appears and one-shots me with a fireball

Magic in video games is always inferior and boring, especially if it's Souls.

>He created it to protect his current kingdom
gasbhasgasjklhsohoshjoishshishso
jogasog
gõüsg
sogjnsogshogshiogös
He didn't have a kingdom before the age of fire, the age of fire was his age, men already had shit before the age of fire.

>The only reason he imprisoned one of the lords was because of this
Are you daft or something, there are clearly more than 1 in Gales boss fight.
Look dude seriously did you or did you not play TRC?

>He would only know this after he had seen every lord build their kingdom
Neato didn't build a kindom
Seath didnt build a kindgom
Witches of fucking everything up oh god how could we possibly be this fucking stupid didn't build a kingdom

>With many of Gwyns family and loyalty still alive in their own ways
Literally 1, Nameless and it's debatable if we is even "alive" in the first place because 3 tells us that ADP is not a physical place and has more in common with Micolashes dream from BB than any physical location.
Occult is gone and gods from DS1 are all gone.

>Your saying if Gwyn didnt light the flame anew Gwyndolin would still be alive?
Where the shit are you taking that from? No, if Gwyn didn't link the fire the gods would be dead from being killed by undead.
> but it would only lead to a dark lord
Which is flat out wrong, again TRC, pigmy lords, no dark lords there.
>Gwyn knew this would ruin what was left of his kingdom so he fought against it
Gwyn knew that his kind was going to get murdered super hard when people stopped believing in them as gods so he attempted to prolong said age of gods, this was done purely so that the gods could continue enjoying a good life of ruling over everyone and being assholes, it was not a good thing for anyone else.
>He did the right thing from his peoples and kingdoms perspective
No, he did the wrong thing from the perspective of everyone he had enslaved, which is to say every human being in his kindom.

>invade miyazaki
>he adds me on steam
>excitedly accept the friend request and ask him if ds4 will release soon
>realize he killed me while I was messaging him
>he blocks me
Why the fuck do you clowns still play this dead franchise?

Not him but I'll take it anyway.

>The only reason he treated the pygmies the way he did was because they where different then the other lords.
It was specifically because they were from the Dark Soul, and Gwyn feared the Dark because in his logic he believed "well I'm of Fire, they are of Dark, therefore if Dark takes over we're all going to die" when in fact the Age of Humanity wouldn't affect them in any way whatsoever [assuming humans would leave the lords be, instead of going on a genocidal crusade against them as Gwyn did against the dragons]. Humans have greater Abyssal affinity, they're more comfortable amidst the Dark (a feeling of warmth and comfort as described in the game) and that's it. That doesn't mean humans can't live with Fire, of course they can, and they did for millennia, but the linking of the Fire was too destructive to be maintained, and at one point it had to stop so the Age of Humanity would come, and eventually the Age of Humanity would very likely end once they had enough Fire in the world coming from humanity, thus birthing another Age of Fire, which one day would cease and again go back to the Age of Humanity, and that's the natural order.

Gwyn's fear of Dark was what caused all that devastation we see throughout the franchise.

>If gods where extinct how did ds3 happen the way it did?
They're not extinct, their remnants simply fled somewhere apparently safer than Anor Londo.

>Humanity could have it, but it would only lead to a dark lord
Not exactly. You could end the Fire without the Usurper, and Fire would still exist within men and all living creatures, and this Fire that keeps coming from the Dark of humanity would eventually lead to a new, natural Age of Fire, as it's supposed to be. As humanity fades with Fire, so does the Fire itself, leading to a new Age of Dark, more Dark equals more humanity, more humanity equals more Fire, more Fire equals less humanity which results in less Fire, and you get the cycle...

I was actually gonna try and use it on a build but like the other user said half the time the corpes disappear especially in the dlc

Halberd is good as is pickaxe.

>If you think Black Knights would still be roaming the world
And attacking people for literally no reason, yeah who would want to see those assholes gone except for literally everyone.

>here where no black knights during the fight with the dragons
Yes there were that's because the intro was made by a different company and had no real relation to the main game but lorefags really like ignoring this point you see them in the into.
>He created the silver knights from his lord soul
Literally no proof of this claim.
> All of the four kingdoms of lords where created from the respective lord soul
First as I mentioned in my previous post, the rest of them didn't make kingdoms, and what about Thorouland, Astora, Catarina, Balder. I honestly don't even get what you are trying to say here.

> If you can show me who Sen was, a man who clearly favored serpants, then do so
No he wasn't you are flat out wrong here.
Serpants were made by Seath and used as guards, they are guarding Sens fortress and Seaths archives. Sen himself has nothing to do with this.
>f you can tell me why Ornstein saw The nameless king as his master
He didn't, he didn't and that didn't happen. You are quite literally pulling this out of thin air.

Your headcanon is flat out wrong in places, makes no sense thematically and generally seems to be the absolute worst of lorefaggotry that goes around in the series
Regardless of themes
Regardless of logic
Regardless of characters and their motives
Everything HAS to be connected to everything else just because. It's fucking dumb, and wrong, and dumb and stupid and wrong

what the fuck is this. he wasn't there before. Does he appear if you get enough pale tongues or something?

Not just the serpant thing user. Why was Ornstein, the leader of Gwyn's knights, armor and weapon there? Why did it look like Ornstein died without a fight in that arena considering he died without his weapon? Is it all coincidence? If it is then who is Sen really? Is there another name so closely attached to Anor Londo we know nothing about? Im stating facts is all, why doubt the truth infront of you?
Men did not exist in strong enough way to do that before they found fire. Isnt that the whole point of the metaphor? Men find fire and make kingdoms with it? The abyss only started after the age of fire, is there evidence otherwise?

I say one because its easier, mulitple pygmies are still sharing the same (1) lord soul are they not? They are one lord in that sense.

Bloodbourne is not relavent. Besides Gwyndolin we have Yorshka that are direct from Gwyn. Besides them the descedents of Anor Londo are still alive. And the Knights of silver cant be illusions considering whats happened to Gwyndolin, can they?

So you agree then? Gwyn did the right thing as a king of his people to protect them, How did he do wrong? The pygmies where not part of his kingdom, men are not gods as Gwyns folk where. That they find there way close to Anor Londo doesnt make them equal.
He saw a blight on his people and did what he could to stop it despite what other lords failed to do. Is this not what a king would do? His fear was justified was it not?

Gods still live in Anor Londo

Even if you end fire without a dark lord, it is still an end to fire. Which is what Gwyn fought against by linking the fire, is that wrong? He didnt do it for power like The Witch, he did it for the love of his people, did he not?
The madness of the black knights is due to the abyss.

The intro is canon, why would it matter who made it?

Where else did the silver knights come from then?

ds2 is time convolution.

Why is ornsteins armor there then? explain answer that

Theres not much to go on but, the statue at the sunlight altar is a bitch holding a baby wielding the sunlight straight sword. Also, Solaire's powerful as shit although his equipment has no special properties as the description says.

Sun/son=light=flame+lightning spears=Gwyn=solaire?

Just watch vaatividya's vidya on Solaire.

>mfw I spent almost an hour trying to cut off old demon king's tail because I thought he'd drop something

I think that's supposed to be Heysel, it drops Heysel's items upon death if you didn't get them before.

The statues are clearly Nameless king (sen) based on the weapon alone. Solaire was a Hollow, nothing more.

because Ornstein on his own had a change of heart with the whole watching over an illusion thing while smough stuck around and decided to go find his old friend, The Firstborn who WASN'T sen but a distinct and seperate entity.

You're entire thing rests on one name not being given to someone who was canonically de-personed except for the fucking gatehouse being given a name after its creator into anor londo? fuck off.

my dude, not everything is connected and not everything has an answer. somethings were just 'lost' to time and age.

silverknights were the original knights army of gwyn, his soldier dudes and those who turned black were those he took the fight the demons when izalith shat the bed.

Yeah, I realized that after I killed it. I was gonna let it live since it wasn't aggroed but that shit turned to look at me as I was handing in tongues. I don't play that shit, nigga.

>not immediately attacking anything with a healthbar with the sole exception of Andre

Is there any better feeling than invading into a 3 person squad, instantly blocking them all, and then slowly killing them one by one?
I especially love it when one of them gets greedy and figures he'll be resummoned anyway so he tries to show up on me, while I instantly parry and riposte his lmaonovig ass into nothingness
Then following host and buttbudies to the bonfire as they try to resummon him
Fuckers need a reminder that dark souls is hard

>Men did not exist in strong enough way to do that before they found fire
Men didn't exist at all before they found the Dark Soul in the flame. But, again, as TRC tells us, they managed to build a civilization before the age of fire, before Gwyn&Co went on their crusade against the dragons.
>The abyss only started after the age of fire, is there evidence otherwise?
Yes, the intro to the games telling us that Fire gave the world Light and Dark
Light and Dark (read Abyss) came before the war with the dragons
The Age of Fire started after the war with the dragons.
>Bloodbourne is not relavent
I agree, It's just the closest example I could bring
You enter ADP through falling asleep
You can't see the rest of the world from ADP
Killing someone in ADP makes their armor appear on their bodies in the real world rather than on them where they died (drakgeblood/havels gear)
ADP is not a real physical location that one can walk into, it's a separate pocket dimension thing ergo time in the "real" game world has no correlation with time there.
>Besides Gwyndolin
Literally called Aldrich, so clearly Gwyndolin is dead.
>Long ago, our father Gwyn,
Unless Yorshka is claiming that everyone is a direct descent of Gwyn (which is wrong) then this clearly means that he is talking about Gwyn in a metaphorical sense the same way you would call a priest Father, no blood relation.
>descedents of Anor Londo are still alive
Such as? Because I can't think of any.
>Gwyn did the right thing as a king of his people to protect them
No, Gwyn did what he did to protect himself over the good of everyone who follows him, this is literally 100% the exact opposite of being a good leader, looking out purely for ones own interests rather than the interest of those you are supposed to lead.
>men are not gods as Gwyns folk where
The Ivory King build Eleum Loyce with just his soul, clearly men are capable of just as much of not more than the gods.

>just invaded a Martok
Today is a good day to die.
blogposting

is the barbed straight sword good or am i wasting resources upgrading it?

>The madness of the black knights is due to the abyss
No it wasn't it was due to them being pussy ass bitches who were incapable of killing the Bed of Chaos and all the demons in Izalith.
>The intro is canon
Great, because that intro explicitly shows black knights before the Bed of Chaos.
>Where else did the silver knights come from then?
Who know, who cares, it's not relevant. Just because we don't know where they came from doesn't mean that literally any explanation is correct.
>ds2 is time convolution.
No, that's DS1, it's something Solair says and DS3 has space convolution with "the high wall literally appearing out of thin air one day"
>Why is ornsteins armor there then?
Because ornsetin is associated with dragons and ADP is ADP.

As I said in >Regardless of themes
>Regardless of logic
>Regardless of characters and their motives
>Everything HAS to be connected to everything else just because. It's fucking dumb, and wrong, and dumb and stupid and wrong
You are trying too hard to draw connections were there are non other than thematic ones, it just crates plot holes.

I'm going to call it quits here because we could argue until the end of time as you are straight up ignoring facts in the games to support your headcanon and will keep bringing up more unrelated shit to try and divert attention away from the plot holes your previous diversions brought up.

You 100% missed the point of the story in the series, its not meant to have a concrete answer for everything, most of it exists to invoke an emotion of some sort without conscious thought. There is a story but you are trying waaaaay too hard to read into things that are not there.
"I made some enemies bigger so they look more intimidating, there was no story reason"- Miazaky

it's a straight sword so it isn't bad. It's not the best, isn't bad. What matters is if you're having fun or not tho

>tfw I want to play dark souls but my brother is using the only controller

i'm playing through for the first time and haven't found much use for it as it's been getting pretty heavily outdamaged by the bandit knife i started with.

that being said, i'd love to use it, i just don't know if it'll be any good.

I'm looking to farm souls, where's the best place to do it? I got all the DLC.

Personally I find that Oolaciel Township is fairly good lategame because you can run through it fast
Early game the stone knights and phantom enemies in gangbang woods give good souls for time investement too

Midir is a cheeky cunt

She's Yellowfinger Heysel. She became a man-grub probably after "fulfilling her duty" as a finger of Rosaria.

>He saw a blight on his people and did what he could to stop it despite what other lords failed to do
Adolf Hitler also saw a blight on his people and did what he could to stop it despite what other people failed to do. Gwyn was wrong because he was ignorant of the truth, he made catastrophic decisions, he ruined it for everyone.

>Gods still live in Anor Londo
Yorshka is the only remnant still in Anor Londo. Gwyndolin was devoured by Aldrich, and that would be the fate of Yorshka didn't the Ashen One destroy Aldrich.

>Even if you end fire without a dark lord, it is still an end to fire.
No, it isn't. Every living creature (except everlasting dragons) has Fire within it, and the Firekeeper mentions that in DS3. Ending the linking of the Fire doesn't mean actually ending the Fire itself. As long as there's life there will be Fire, and vice-versa. There's no life without both Fire and Dark. The lords have greater affinity to Fire, just as humanity has greater affinity to Dark, both able to coexist.

>Men did not exist in strong enough way to do that before they found fire. Isnt that the whole point of the metaphor? Men find fire and make kingdoms with it?
That's not what happened. During the Age of Ancients there was no life, only fog and the everlasting dragons, dragons made of minerals, they were not living beings. Their descendants however are clearly not mineral and can even be afflicted by Abyssal corruption, which suggests they're also made of Fire and Dark, so something happened there that made them living, I don't know what exactly.

>And the Knights of silver cant be illusions considering whats happened to Gwyndolin, can they?
They're descendants of lords, much like Irithyllians (descendants of Gwyndolin with lunar affinity). The ones you encounter in Anor Londo are hollows. Humans were not allowed among lordish ranks.

is it possible to CE yourself immune to reds or something? this fucker and his mate legit wouldn't react to anything I did.

So why isn't Sen's Fortress called Ornstein's Fortress?

Yep, and I've encountered a few myself, except they were actually able to hit me.

Oh shit I forgot to clarify which game, I meant 3
I'll keep that in mind for the remaster though

Ornstein was working undercover with "Sen" as an alias. After his secret mission to find the nameless king was complete, he morphed into a majestic dragon mount. Didn't you read the item descriptions?

There is no reason at that point to not think Nameless is Sen then. I disagree, there would be no point in naming Sens fortress as it is then.

Yeah, i agree, what is there to argue about the knights?

Where in the TRC does it say that?

The dark can only exist with the light, the age of dragons had neither.

Gwyndolin is being used as a puppet, as shown by the sound files of the aldritch fight

How else would the kingdom of Anor londo exist if it was not from Gwyns lord soul? They are descended. Yorshka has no curse, she is a god.

Yorshka and Gwyndolin, off the top of my head.

If he was so selfish why did he leave so much of his lord soul with his people and those who followed him? Why not send another to link the fire?

There is nor arguing men are strong, it is why Gwyn feared them, he knew they would bring ruin on his people.
Them turning black is due to the abomination of The Witch. There attacking anything on sight, is due to the abyss.

Where does it show that black knights in the intro? I just watched it and dont see a single one.

I still dont see how ds2's lore causes problems then?

Thats a pretty lazy and convenient way to look at the death of a major character in the story. He died there just because?

Im ignoring no facts. Ive yet to see a fact that considers me wrong and if I did see it I would change my mind.

A story is 50% what is told, and 50% what is heard. This is fact. What Miazaky thought when making the games is only half of what is relevant to what actually happened in the story.
He saved his people the best way he could, hitler destroyed his country.

Gwyndolin lives until we kill him, according to sound files

Theres no proof of fire living past dark without a linking

Fire happened

Gods cannot hollow, the silver knights do not hollow
Because Orinstein is not Gwyns son, just his knight.

>Because Orinstein is not Gwyns son, just his knight.

Is there some confusion about Ornstein being Gwyns head Knight and not his first son? Do I need to quote the wiki or something?

reddit spacing to the max

Right, was expecting this knee jerk reaction at some point. So basically I post like this because Im trying to make respondents have an easier time sorting through the points im making. The reason i dont use > to show what exactly im responding to is because I dont have enough characters to do it.

Now if you could explain to me how I can get over the 2k character limit I will gladly stop triggering you with 'reddit' spacing. But until then get over it.

well thats pretty cancerous.

so is bleed build good for pve yet? if so give me tips how build one

>tfw running out of fp and failing a spell cast saves you

dorothy's gnaw.

i want to make a twinblade run is it good with bleed?

>He saved his people the best way he could, hitler destroyed his country.
Dude are you even reading my posts?

Gwyn DESTROYED his people AND the very world they lived in because of his ignorance of Dark. He cursed every living creature including his descendants (and himself, eventually becoming hollow), likely because he was ignorantly afraid of Dark. Dark wouldn't cause them ANY harm, he didn't save anyone, yet he screw it up for everyone. They would fare perfectly well amidst the Dark of humanity because the lords are also made from Dark, they're simply not as attuned to it as humans are, much like how humans are not as attuned to the Fire like the lords are, yet they can live amidst Fire perfectly fine because humans too are made from Fire.

Lords are of both Fire and Dark, with Fire affinity. Humans are of Fire and Dark, with Dark affinity. Both perfectly able to coexist amidst either Fire or Dark, the only difference being lords feel more comfortable with Fire, while humans feel more comfortable with Dark. Lacking comfort doesn't mean they would instantly die with the Age of Humanity, they would simply not be as comfortable as they would with the Age of Fire.

It's a cycle they would have to accept. Gwyn either refused to accept this or was completely ignorant of this. There was also the threat of mankind if he refused to accept the Age of Humanity, as much like how the lords sought to exterminate the dragons he feared the same would happen to him and his descendants once mankind was strong enough to challenge them, which in that case, he would be a giant fucking cunt, which is also very likely because he was an indeed a giant fucking cunt that leeched off humanity.

If you switch between Sellswords and Wardens, yes. Sellswords devastate PvE due to how much fucking damage you can do with them (especially buffed), and Wardens have better bleed potential than almost any other weapon in the game.

Is there a "best" PvE weapon in Dark Souls? There's too much personal taste and playstyles that you can't really say "x" is better than everything can you?

i'd also recommend having at least one heavier weapon on hand. curved sword is pretty good.

I'll address the core issue rather than what we are talking around

You believe that Gwyn was right because you think that in the end what he gave to the world would not have been possible without him, that an age of kingdoms and shit wouldn't have happened without him, so him being a cunt is justifiable in that light
The games on the other hand tell us the exact opposite, Drangleic, Shulva, Eleum Loyce, Astora, Balder, Catarina, Lothrice Carthus, etc all existed without the interference of the gods so we know that they are not necessary for humanity to thrive, Ringed Knight weapon/armor descriptions tell us that men were just as capable of surviving and thriving in the Abyss as they were in the age of fire.

From these facts we can conclude that men are capable of thriving in an age of fire without gods
Men are also capable of thriving without an age of fire at all

Ergo Gwyn didn't give the world at large anything, all he did was rule over people and make mistake after mistake while trying to hoard as much power as possible.
What did Gwyn do when he learned of the Bed of Chaos and what did it result in? Tried to attack it once, failed, left demons to roam the lands and promptly ignored it
What did the Ivory King do when he learned of the Old Chaos? Built a fortress right on top of the entrance and made sure that no demon ever got out to threaten anyone under his rule ever again, once he learned that wasn't enough he marched in there himself to genocide every last demon in existence.

The whole point in playing PvE is that you can decide how you want to play it. Certain builds will trivialize the experience more than others, but are you actually "playing" the game if you just want to get through it as fast and easily as possible?

>Theres no proof of fire living past dark without a linking
Firekeeper's dialogue in DS3 contradicts that

>The First Flame quickly fades. Darkness will shortly settle. But one day, tiny flames will dance across the darkness. Like embers, linked by lords past.
>Ashen One, hearest thou my voice, still?
Also
>Gods cannot hollow
look at DS1 gwyn and tell me that's not a hollow.

Literally any Hammer-class weapon, or more notably, Reinforced Club.
Fact.

I'm not evening playing DaS1 right now. Just had the argument recently, weapon choice can be daunting in that game. I poo-pooed spears and the like till my last playthrough when I used the winged spear, it was a good as any short/long sword I ever used. Everything is viable and that's p cool.

Did you by any chance completely miss the point of the 4 kings.
>Lord Gwyn recognized the foresight of these
four great leaders of New Londo
And they almost instantly fell to the dark and caused a huge disaster.

The implication here is obvious and clear as day, Gwyn was dumb and couldn't tell good from bad so he granted power to people who didn't deserve it and it all ended badly for everyone.
That's Gwyns character, arrogant and dumb

>weapon choice can be daunting in that game
Not really though the other user is wrong
Black knight gear > everything else with the possible exception of fog ring + power within souls spear/crystal soul spear nuking.

You can make almost anything work because the core difficulty of the series is knowing how enemy attack patterns and AI work rather than it being impossible to progress without meeting certain gear and stat requirements like more traditional RPGs, people often confuse this "I can beat it with X weapon" with "X weapon is good"

So considering Frampt was all about the linking of the fire then both the Lothric and Ringed City statues of primordial serpents were supposed to be Frampt?

Then why did Frampt had feet?

so lets talk about these pilgrim butterflies
wtf are they?

pilgrims that turned into butterflies

Am I a casual if I'm having trouble on the demon prince?

You dont have enough END/are not hitting them enough

And I already got tired of Demon Souls after my SL1 run

does being hollow help me bleed or something?

>tfw 9 END
At least I'm doing better now that I've started bursting one down with miracles and slap the other one to save fp for the prince himself.
Are all the DLC fights like this?

hollow infusion gives you luck based on how hollow you are, and luck makes you bleed enemies faster