/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous shitpost:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mu8g8edl03c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

EXTRA THICC

Zzzzz

Why exactly does it take this game like 1 minute to load a fucking quest before you even enter any sort of loading scren? If it was just investigations i could understand it since the game maybe needs to generate the quest, but it happens even with regular quests. What the fuck?

This is my daughter, and her friend the Meowstress.

>op pic

post hanako getting swallowed by jagras!

someone translate

THICCER

>radobaan
Why does this monster exist?

alright you got me

*I move my mouth away from the mic to breathe*

Bad timing with the Question I see.
Are there Stun Resistance decos?
If yes where do I get them?

I need that stun immunity against that god damn tempered Kirin.

to be better than uragaan

That's why you do most of your quests from base camp. It's much faster that way. Only return to Astera to cultivate crops, manage investigations, change decoration slots, or meet the blacksmith.

I'd rather have Radobaan than steel Uragaan

INB4 triggered mod

I'll probably get back to it if the metal raths come back, that weapon was made for fighting those fags

I'm guessing anything that isn't a power phial is still shit right? I've got like 20 diablos horns, I'll probably start working on it

Goddamn. I haven't heard that meme in like nearly a decade.

Remember Shoop Da Whoop? Lisa Needs Braces? Those were much more innocent and fun times for Veeky Forums.

I miss Moofy lads

>dozens of thunder sacs and dodogama jaws
>beaten every quest up through 5 star
>finished a tingling taste
Holy fuck why am I not getting a master's toast.

We all do, user.

Anyone on xb1 want to help me with double tempered bazelguese :(

Yep. Ignore anything that isn't Power Phial.

Diablos SA is objectively the strongest SA. With Non-Elemental Boost, you get like a 120+ attack bonus. It's crazy. It's much better than even Attack+7.

>spend all day yesterday grinding out coins for Elder Babel Spear
>wind up doing less damage than my Doggo Spear which had Weakness Exploit and Crit Boost
you cunts lied to me

>he doesn't sin
What's your excuse?

Moofy is a girl?

Sns all the way

did you put in non-element boost silly user

I wouldn't say innocent, but yes. Those were better times on Veeky Forums.

According to the Guild Card yes she is.
Also those outfits don't make sense otherwise.

>Call DB's sin
>Make them bad so people avoid them

Pottery

d
p
s

6sRBxaacQC7p , tempered elders 1 slot left

Of course, both spears had Non-element on them

About to hit HR100, GS/Lance main with a bit of Charge Blade. Kind of want to get another character rolling, which weapon would be a good change of pace? I'd prefer no ranged weapons.

Is Pink Rathian T1 or T2? Anyone have that infographic that lists all the monsters?

I like doing respectable damage.

Yes, if some user can post the link to the deco sheet that'd be neat but they're only slot level 1 decos.
I got 3 and I don't think I got them from fighting tempered elders.

>Kind of want to get another character rolling
You and your kind need therapy.

what's so good about the odo lance? I've seen people praise it lately, 4 days ago everyone was shitting on its 170 raw

There is literally nothing else to play until Bannerlords

You can easily push it to 90% affinity, and combined with Crit Boost and Non-elemental it deals good damage

>even on a 100% crit build that's 200 raw
>same as Diablos Clubs but without the level 2 slot
>enough handicraft to white is a 3 point investment, 100% crit build is a god knows how much investment.

I'm laughing.

My dude, there will be plenty of games to play until Bannerlord releases in 2024

But why start a new character?

First time SA user, how is this?

God damn it! Post cookie cutter builds, what the fuck you guys always did this in previous games. I need shit to copy.

update that removes npc dialogue fucking when

Fuck wrong image

>clear the sapphire star quest
>spend 30 minutes talking to literally everyone

Is that Legiana? Why is he so goddamn big?

Is Nergi the best Dragon Lance?

it's actually windsioth

probably vaal

Please ignore the weebshit and the sub-optimal Gunlance gameplay. More importantly, something interesting happens around the 24 minute mark. I managed to do the mount attack twice on two places on Nergigante. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I wanna know if this is exploitable.
youtu.be/mu8g8edl03c

>needing earplugs

>earplugs 2

But why? It only really is effective at 3. Or, is it because you couldn't find a better helm for decorations?

Earplugs are a side effect of the arms. I got them for the slots.

>want to use Anjanath HBG
>realize I have to farm more Vaal fangs

Is it worth it for a Spread HBG? Its rather high Deviation is kind of turning me off.

Is there some way to get some of the translated Generations text into XX? UI patches are nice and all but I'd at least like some basic NPC dialogue for flavour. Doesn't have to have a translated story or anything.

Or am I retarded and they're completely different games / the translated dialogue is already in XX. I haven't bothered to get it because I'm a bit turned off by playing in Japanese.

Yes, and no one is sure how to do it. It seems random.

>pop an sos for investigations because free mats for everyone
>get the monster to limp before randoms join in
>someone throws down a trap and captures the monster

Cheeky motherfuckers

I might be the only guy on /mhg/ who has like 50 fangs but no gems

>worrying about deviation on spread shots

You'll be so close that it won't matter.

If you're using a shotgun HBG you'll be close enough to the monster that the deviation won't matter

Any date on Devilbro yet?

March 9

Monday

There's an inconspicuous 9* gathering quest on march 9th.

Where the fuck are the shots gonna deviate to? Do you put sniper sights on your shotguns?

according to the "leak", march 9th

I don't know where that leak came from, I heard it was 2chan but it might be bullshit

>Legia Frostreaver caps out at ice attack lvl 3
>kushala set (a SA set) gives ice attack lvl 4

The guy who made the patch won't do it because legal reasons. But it's possible. Before FU came out all the text from F2 was ported into 2ndG

Yesterday user

>using full sets in MH

>HR65
>Can't keep up with /mhg/ who are all HR100+

Now that the dust has settled, can we finally admit that Dalamadur was the only good large monster fight in MH?

His point is that there's nothing in the game that can actually benefit from the higher levels of the Elemental skills. They exist for no reason.

That would be Gog with reduced HP.

Dalamadur wasn't even good

There is a way I'm sure, but the people who made the patch didn't want to do it.

I'm sure if you looked around on some nobody site or something you'd be able to find a modified patch with Gen text in. Some 3rd world BR probably did it.

Maybe the monster has to be flinched by the environment? The falling crystals did it I bet. Interestingly, I managed to move during the zoom in and attack prompt.

>shitty platforming
>RNG METEORS
>passive damage from being near the chest

No.

RNG FUCKING METEORS.

What's your definition of a large monster?

Shagaru has the same shit but everyone loves him.

if its not on gbatemp it doesn't exist

>Dalamadur was the only good large monster fight in MH
Nope. Dala is pretty bad and Gog is just a slow tar Magala.

My vote for only good large monster fight goes to pic related which blows the other fights out of the water.

Because Shagaru is actually enjoyable to fight.

>everyone
I sure as fuck don't. He was tolerable in LR and HR but then becomes absolutely godawful in G-rank with his GPS landmines. Fuck Shagaru. The sad part is aside from the stupid landmines, Shagaru is a really well designed and fun fight.

wouldn't shotgun hbg be really annoying to pull off with its atrocious unsheathed speed?

Nobody loves those cancer mines. They like Shagaru in spite of them

This

It's gotta be a big guy

A little, but impact mantle makes that less of an issue as you knock the monster out a lot.

Just don't do multiplayer that way.

Man I just realized. The gathering hub being pointless in World really takes a lot of the reason to play out of the game for me. I enjoyed swaggering about in my freshly made ricer armors in front of randoms and chatting with them while I helped them on their quests.
Now there's no time for that; people barely look at each other as they're running to the monster and chat is brief and formal and unassisted by keyboards. Because there's no point; there's just no time to converse with randoms or even make friends anymore, it's all rushing along to get to the monster and shoving each other with attacks.

what are some must have skills for lance?

You can always move so you can choose what part of the body you want to use the prompt on. I tend to move to the head when it comes up.

Evade Window

I never really talked to any randoms in my 500 hours in 4U. Hell, the only times I spoke were to reeee at french faggots for triple carting constantly.