incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3DJVtZ0JrtQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anybody wageslave to pay someone else to program for them or is this just a meme?

should have started the small world jam AFTER demoday and not 1 week before it

Who
>Fixing bugs instead of adding the new feature you wanted to add
here

???????????

sounds like a meme to me

>tfw unforeseen complexity

I just want somebody to program for me/with me

The pain is too overwhelming

what program?

dia

no fucking download link works, what the fuck

In GML, is there an alternative for instance_nearest when I want two of the same object to interact

>Fixing ENTIRE GAME instead of adding the new feature you wanted to add
me desu

I've finally done it. For 30 years I have researched autism with the help of government funding. I've finally isolated the essence of autism. Using this, I will design the ultimate autistic video game and make one million dollars.

What if you make one dollar over one million

Then I will have failed.

>tfw you want to work on your game but your hands are cold and it makes it hard to type

might as well quit

are you a girl?

d-do you want me to be a girl?

what language bud?

Turbo Pascal

Learning the C++ Source Code in Godot very slowly

wtf

no way fag

I was with you until you mentioned an engine

Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

Godot is 100% open source

The Physics, Editor, Engine, Everything, so you can literally make your own Engine out of it if you desire.
Needless to say it's a huge advantage over working from absolute scratch.

Why did I spend so much time fucking around with code when I should have been learning art

Did you know that Godot needs more money please donate to patreon.

Does this mean you're not going to add me ;_;

Are you ready for demo day?

Never

6,267 insertions * 6 inches = 37,602 inches = 0.59 miles of insertions

We can add each other but I'm working with SFML and like to get down and dirty with it all

Almost. I need some SFX, finishing the level, and adding menus/tutorial prompt

awesome games done guick?

I was under the impression Godot was going to be receiving its funding from a Latino art and culture body?

/agdg/ what game(s) do you play when you've devd your brains out and need a break for a while?

WoW or Stellaris

autistic girls(male) developing games

no

why is exporting animations from Blender to Unity so hard?
in UE4 everything works instantly but exporting animatiosn to Blender literally fucks everything up

>in UE4 everything works instantly
Are you kidding ? I've had nothing but issues with importing to UE4 from blender.

then you havent tried unity, its a nightmare

I did but like 3 years ago and I never went past "make a physics object move with forces".
I'm not saying unity/blender is good but UE4/Blender is not either.

Well, that's it for the olympics... time to dev again??

well the arch depo works so whatever
windows fags BTFO

average games developed gradually.

Japan Curling Team a cute

Rude

Currently writing a restful API for work and every line of code I write breaks my heart because it's code I could be writing for my game. Hold me.

you can just copy it

gun that shoots

Can it shoot my fucking brains out

Again, instead of properly implementing some existing half-assed system (like the player inventory or item spawning), I added a bunch of other, half-complete features.

Breakable boxes and open-able chests (obligatory mimic enemy incoming)
Closing doors/grates in level start area
Enemies have a “stun” sprite, and leave behind a pile of bones for future features (resurrecting dead enemies???)
Map is now revealed with a map item

Also tweaked camera collisions, torches and pillars no longer affect camera movement.

these ears are quite autistic

It looks cool but the back is a bit like Dag.

you got a tumblr or something?

Cute gun

oakleaff.tumblr.com

Why do UE4 courses which even present themselves as "learn to code in C++!" end up using blueprints for 90% of the time?

Would learning Unity be better if I want to actually make my game, then? At least courses for Unity use C# properly all the time, while in UE4 I'd get stuck with 100% blueprints most likely. The only bad thing is that I'm godlike in visual aspect of UE4 so I'd have to learn all the niche things in Unity again, and some of them are still probably not available (like volumetric fog, afaik?!). But other than that, Unity 2017 also seems like an engine which can produce beautiful results if you know what you're doing.

Idk, it feels to me like Unity is treated like Blender of game engines in a way that a shitton of clueless people are/were using it and a lot of garbage got produced in it.

All of them have been claimed already. By him.

delete this NOW

what engine are you using?

this is not game development

>Unity 2017 also seems like an engine which can produce beautiful results if you know what you're doing.
Only if you replace the entire rendering pipeline, and then you will still have to deal with poor performance.

The tutorials use blueprints because C++ in UE4 is kind of a nightmare and you will only understand it if you understand blueprints first.

at first it was suppose to be these things that some dbs’s have but i couldn’t make it look good and simple

>Only if you replace the entire rendering pipeline
I need a proof for that. Escape from Tarkov also replaced everything?

>you will only understand it if you understand blueprints first.
the point is that a full 50 hour course which is supposed to teach you C++ still ends up using mostly blueprints. I mean, I wouldn't mind only using Blueprints at all, but there are only 2 cons:

>possible hell both for game performance and management of all those nodes when the project becomes big-ish
>knowledge of blueprints literally doesn't translate to any other practical knowledge at all; using C++ or C#, even though they use specific libraries, will still benefit me somewhat, at least as a practice

please be my girl!!

I don't get this Tarkov meme, the game looks straight out of 2008. The assets are ok but they are very shittily put together by the lousy rendering.
youtube.com/watch?v=3DJVtZ0JrtQ

You should stop being impatient and start learning properly, blueprints are important and you will be mostly using them even if you know C++, it's just how the engine is set up.
You will still learn programming concepts with blueprints and learning a language's syntax is the least of your worries when it comes to making a game, you can learn that in a week if you already know programming.

You will all be my girls after I release my mondo cool game and become richer than Notch and Toby Fox combined
I'll have twenty mansions with thirty candy rooms each

Wow, I remember it looking better, this isn't that good. Oh well, that means that only decent looking products made in Unity were those realtime shorts which do use a bunch of custom tech, and even then, the nature of the latest one still looked like an average UE4 render made by some random pro, that you see on ArtStation.

>You should stop being impatient and start learning properly,
Dude, stop projecting, I'm willing to learn full Unity in-depth, and I'm already familiar enough with programming and blueprints, that's not what being impatient means. I'm just wondering if Unity would prove to be better for solo devving at some point. I mean, I don't know why else would indies prefer it over UE4. UE4 is DEFINITELY not that hard to learn.

GMS 1.4

>want to make standalone handheld games using my massive stock of rpi zeros
>no way of making cases

feels bad, man

>I don't know why else would indies prefer it
Because marketing, I can't say I ever saw ads on facebook about any engine other than Unity.
First-mover advantage too, it was one of the first 3D engines around, same with GM with 2D.
Both are outclassed by less popular choices nowadays put many people still opt for them because it's popular so it must be the best, right?

I'm stealing this idea ;)
jk it is a cool idea though

Carve them out of wood ;^)

3D print them dummy

>respec out of programming
>put all my points into carpentry
>I now have cases but no games

feels bad, man

You guys have any old versions of your projects? I'm currently in the process of making a trailer and I decided to load up older versions to have them show up at the beginning in grayscale.
God damn these old versions were awful. LOOK AT THE FUCKING HUD.

3d model a mockup
make a kick starter
beg for funding
use money to buy a 3d printer

or just take the money and leave the country

why would you put an old version of the game in the trailer

daily reminder that if your game doesn't have mc ride as one of the bosses you won't make it

A nice way of showing how far this project has come since 2014.

I do but they look identical since im a enginedev

Anyone got any idea why this isn't working ? My A* pathfinding is all good and all but sometimes when the AI cannot pathfind to me they do this little shimmy step-by-step towards a wall until eventually pathfinding allows them to go through said wall over course of like 5 attempts.

Is my AI semi-sentient and trying to bypass rules of the game or what?

But why would the player care about that?
It's fine if it's some kind of development timelapse but it seems masturbatory as a trailer.

Because the players have played those old versions too.

stick that booms

>30 fps cap
you think this is funny?

pointless, nobody gives a shit about that and you risk scaring away some people with old bullshit looking game

>30 fps
>drops to 20 when npcs are moving
>collision, A* and sprite ordering completely fucked
jesus man just use an engine, you can do that in 5 minutes

Good thing it doesn't look much different now. But it sure plays a lot better.
Plus if the player is so skittish that the first 5 seconds turns them away, then they probably weren't interested in the first place.

That being said this idea for the start of the trailer ain't set in stone. I got plans for when it actually gets going, but the start is the hard part.

I record with sharex, can't be assed to do better than that. When not recording it stays at 60 without a twitch.

Almost got this room setup how I want it.

Sprite ordering works fine too, unlesss you fucking clip through the wall, which you are not supposed to do no matter what.

your code is wrong. your stepping through walls by not checking if the walls there first. and they are slow stepping by thinking they reached the target. ? the path should look for ways around walls. it's not.

I'm using GM2 and sprite ordering is a piece of shit, I've been doing that for like 2 weeks

well GM is shit in general

yeah and it slows because it starts constantly looking for a path once it sees them.

and a* is shit.

>Good thing it doesn't look much different now
That sounds like it would make it even more potentially confusing. Personally, I'd only do it if your trailer's target audience is people that are already fans and/or if you clearly indicate that it's old.

I was a level designer for a long time, and in my last map I needed art for pictures on the wall. So I took screenshots of all my old maps (spanning like 10 years) and put them up, sort of like an homage like you're doing. No one knew what the fuck they were. It was a self-celebratory move, and in retrospect I would have not done it and instead chosen some other art.