Today is Gustavus Adolphus's 422nd birthday. How are you going to celebrate, Veeky Forums?

Today is Gustavus Adolphus's 422nd birthday. How are you going to celebrate, Veeky Forums?

I'll drive around in my car and pretend I'm a Hakkapeliitta, I suppose

Gonna be a weird looking dude all day

I'm planning on being extra protestant today, maybe start denying evolution or something while at it.

I'm gonna fuck his horse

Happy birthday Gustavus, you don't look a day over 410

Well Breitenfeld is a far away and I don't have any 17th century weapons so maybe I'll go throw rocks at a Catholic Church or something

I'll raise some vodka to him.

Vodka is what the Swede drunk, right?

they drink brännvin

Garagekosken*

Okay, I'll try to find some of that and raise some brännvin to him.

Probably have some in that fancy liquor shop downtown.

The hell you will you dirty Swede.

That's Russian Imperial business you are speaking of.

I cån do whätëver I wānt, Rūśkïē!

It's basically vodka

All the old cabinets in Stockholm, they have the same names, doncha' know?
If the glue ain't thick
(oh way oh)
They're fallin' down like a domino
All the Riksdag men by the lake, they throw meatballs but they seem to miss
No urinals
(oh way oh)
They make you sit down when you piss
Somali types with the hooka pipes say:
Oooooooogaaaaaa boooogaaaaaaa oooooooooooga boooooogaaaaaaaaaa
Walk like a Swedish person

aren't these a bit too armoured to be finnish cavalrymen?

Invite some sandniggers to gangbang my wife while check my swedish white privilege

SWEDEN YES!

Listening to Sabaton will have to do

they look like reiters

go back to /pol/

this made me laugh out loud

As another user pointed out, they're reiters. 1600's Calvary that wore a shit ton of armor and did drive-bys with wheellock pistols.

>drive-bys with wheellock pistols

YO HOL UP SVEN I SEE A PAPIST

>BLAM BOO YA POW POW POW

Droppin' some hot OC

confirmed kang

I saw Gustavus Adolphus at a marketplace in Germany yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for paintings or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his bible shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen mercenaries without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the mercenaries and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any papal interference,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by philosophizing really loudly.

By punching a Catholic in the teeth

I'm fucking dying

By making yet another
>H
>R
>E
thread

NOICE
HILARITY ENSUED

God damn, that's like 3 Catholics for every Protestant

Nah it was finnish bodies and french monies which kept them going. With that combination Gustav could've gone even further but the bastard went and died in battle.

I mean as a commander you shouldn't be giving orders from miles away, but charging headfirst with your men isn't exactly the best idea.

Maybe but many of the best commanders fought and charged with their own men, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Gustavus Adolphus

True, and I suppose they very well knew the risks of doing so and just got lucky

I remember reading once in a history book about how once when Alexander was in India he was sieging some fort and they locals manning the fort were infuriating him with their resistance, so he stopped directing the siege and fucking climbed the ladder himself and slayed a whole bunch of Indian soldiers at the top, clearing the way for his troops

Must be true then.

This was the half baked memory of something I read when I was like eight, I'm not sure if I remember it right but I always thought it was badass