/fhg/ - For Honor General

Be careful who you call low tier edition

called them ugly

>Test your metal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=oO8qCCu4mHY [Open] [Open] [Open] [Open]

>Season 5 Info
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318091-16/season-five-announced-dedicated-servers-and-hero-updates-coming

>Season 5 Gear
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308763971748626433/415620805276467210/Apollyon_Event_Gears.pdf

>For Honor v1.19 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318557-16/patch-notes-v119

>New players:
>If you plan on using a controller, it is highly recommended you go into your settings and shrink the dead zone
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides (outdated, ask your fellow anons)
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear Stat Help
i.imgur.com/7HPdL9B.jpg

>Gear appearances
alfalis.de/For_Fashion/

>Max Punish Guide
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wK-38XMvSakPMEk2rx8KjAzQFF5MJt_c7XMxNidYVfc/htmlview

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864166443

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oO8qCCu4mHY
discord.gg/kNb3SvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SCOTLAND

AREN'T CLAYMORES JUST SCOTTISH LONGSWORDS

Reminder that with the current quality system salvage packs are full of trash and not worth opening unless you're desperate for duel fashion.

Pretty much.

>It's my PK phase again

this is the first time I saw a new thread with 0 replies on vg, and I've been browsing this place before it has been even added. Truly a dead game.

>Test your metal Trailer
>youtube.com/watch?v=oO8qCCu4mHY [Open] [Open] [Open] [Open]

>Always loved Centurion's aesthetic and ballsy playstyle
>Guardbreaking is nerfed which really hurts him
>Skilled players don't fall for my tricks and annihilate me every time
>Low-mid tier players still get rolled and call me a faggot

Eh...
Next time then.

discord.gg/kNb3SvM

What are you trying to accomplish?

how the fuck do you punish conq shield bash as highlander

Dodge and kick.

Disc*rd killed the general

Go be retarded elsewhere.

Not this shit again.
You really want to invite the weirdo back here and have him rant about “le one guy”

At least his random charged heavy stabs are great fun, especially now that you can't get punished nearly as hard if you get parried
It's extra funny when you purposely roll players without using your cutscene attacks and they still have the gall to complain because "Cent is OP" memes

I was passive-aggressively trying to get some confirmations of me being wrong. I really loved the concept of this game, preordered it and got to 15th prestige in the first 2 weeks or even faster, but when we all realized that the devs had no idea on how to balance a competitive brawler I've just felt so sad, I really didn't want to see this game die and fade into obscure mediocrity.
So my question is: are the 1v1 and 2v2 tourney STILL dominated by one or two classes while everyone else is completely non-viable in any kind of competitive play?

>are the 1v1 and 2v2 tourney STILL dominated by one or two classes while everyone else is completely non-viable in any kind of competitive play?

Everybody realized the game was built for 4v4 and that's where the competition is now.

>this is the 6th post in a 6-minute-old thread
???

(you)(you)(you)(you)
(you)
(you)(you)(you)
(you)
(you)(you)

STOP SAMEFAGGING

Post emblems

>rep 7 guy with a rep7 shug
does that mean he literally only played shug for all this time?

I was thinking about going back to this game recently. But it changed so much since I quit (2nd season), I feel I'd have to relearn it entirely, and then learn some more. Which is a pain.
It's starting to remind me of MOBAs, where you have to learn every hero's every ability before you even start playing.

>Tfw you've been here to see this general become from shit to good and from good to shit again
We've come a long way, anons.

At the very least, he never got any Rep with anyone else.

Eh, it's more casual than mobas.

Just play PK in duels and shush up already. Nobody really gives a rats ass about le ebin 1v1 deep fight system of reacting to red prompts

>Decide to play test your metal before going to sleep.
>Someone is fucking up the match HARD with his shitty ass connection.
>Everybody's getting fucked because it's impossible to react to anything the bots do.

Why.

Cuz life user.

Well, 3-4. But it's a different set for 1v1, 2v2, and 4v4.
And we have the traditional revolving door of buffs & nerfs.
Except PK is perma-S-tier.

I see, so only retarded 4v4 casuals stayed, makes sense.
because of her fast lights that can be parried on reaction? I mean, can they still be parried on reaction? Any big changes in the basic game mechanics? Are almost all deflects still completely useless, for example?

>A deluded pk main gets upset at kensei

for honor leik mobo... moba bad... v said mobo bad... me unsure for honor me liek anymore.

>because of her fast lights that can be parried on reaction

That's her shitter stomper mechanic. The thing that makes her top tier and the thing that's always made her top tier is her zone/parry option select. While Warden, Roach, Zerk, Glad, and now Kensei can also do it, PK's is by far the strongest.

She's the strongest turtle in the game.

>I see, so only retarded 4v4 casuals stayed, makes sense.

Nah, the combat system wasn't built for 1v1 and it isn't fun to play. The duel and "fighting game" autists are still around but now they've learned to keep to themselves.

Dumb wojak poster.

With the parry nerfs deflects are more important.
Especially for roach & valk, who get some of their best damage off of them.

Is PK's heavy soft feint into bleed light useful? Can it even change direction?

No.
Why would they change it?

Mate you replied to last thread, will using swastikas get you b&'d, does nobody care, or can you just bullshit and say you're hindu?

Literally nobody gives a fucking shit user. Reporting does nothing and I doubt anyone gets banned using and emblem like that unless some pussy whipped Redditor just so happens to be in a game

And we all know reddit never plays this game, amiright?

I thought it was weird to have a move that served no real purpose, hoping to find justification for it existing.

This game would be far better off as a F2P title if we're all honest.

What was added is the following
>Chip damage increased to 18% across all modes
>When OOS[out of stamina] you can no longer stop light chains. Meaning you can finally eat an Orochi light combo that isn’t a top light and it won’t be bounced off when blocked in OOS
>rolling now costs 50% stamina, and no longer gurantees a block animation after it. Meaning you can no longer spam rolls and get a free block after the iframes of animation are done
>health no longer regens on any character at critical health situations(feats and healing zones still apply dummies)
>all unblockable attacks and unblockable bashes feed revenge in modes that allow revenge(yes shoulder-bash, kicks and unblockable attacks feed revenge.)
>unlock “tech” [gltich] is no longer easily performed or simply no longer is viable for most heroes
>zone flicker is patched and no longer appears
>zone of raider on GB[guard break], crushing counter for warden are no longer parry-able by assassins
>revenge builds no longer exist (meaning this isn’t season 1 tier damage since gear doesn’t amplify revenge strength)
>you can no longer knockdown with a bash while in revenge
>Parrying no longer guarantees a GB on a hero PERIOD! it can be counter broken after a parry.
>Parrying now has a indicator to tell which type of attack you parried. Lights [flash that’s not too bright, appears on screen. Along with a thunder sounding audio cue], Heavy[reddish sparks]
>Parrying a light allows for a 900ms window of attack(heavies or special combos apply for a punish)
>Parrying a heavy allows for a 600ms window of attack (a light attack for all classes)

Yet duels still suffer from being boring or downright 1 sided on some heroes.

10:1 it does that eventually
Anything with a cash shop is headed in that direction.

I see this every thread, shouldn't it be included in the OP at this point

>it’s going to be f2p this time around guys!!!!! I swear!!!!! Ignore what I said at season 3!!! Or 4!!!!

is it possible to communicate with your team in non ranked games ?
I keep putting my chat to team-wide but no one listens, replies or acts.

Use the commands if you're in a pub you dummy
Even gets translated for the brazilians & ruskies too

Alright, I'm just picked up the game a week ago so I didn't know how effective the report system was.

And in defense form?

Chat is muted by default due to reddit crying that chat was “toxic”.
Most players don’t even know it.

this explains that

commands are too vague

>REEEEEEEEE TOXIC
>ubisoft literally just hits the fucking mute button on everyone

>beat someone in duel
>rematch
>they literally never throw out an attack unless it's guaranteed
good mode dueltists

You've gotta be creative.

*brap*

It’s perfect! what are you talking about? It’s a deep fighting game that you need a high IQ to enjoy :)

But it's true that For Honor would thrive if it were F2P. How much money does Ubisoft make on actual full game purchases versus how much they make from steel packs?

Wojak posters need to leave

>tfw they made fun of duel again

Why does reddit consider kensei only to be A tier when he is pretty much S? His insane feintgame where he can feint any shit into hyperarmor even late into the move gives him a favorable matchup against the other listed S tiers

Nobu mindset kicked in.
>I have a busted zone and it can carry my ass in most modes but I’m low tier
While I’m fine with kensei being high tier, I’m sure some insecure players don’t want to be labeled “cancer” by players anytime soon.

dude brab whad XDDD fug

Will we see a new S+ tier?

Only thing worst them Wojak users are ebin meme fucks who use spurds

user look what he's replying to.

No. Unless they somehow manage to make a new mechanic that only a new character can use for a whole season

do people still plays this?
like i tough later of the beta a lot of the player base die

English please!
But yes, people still play this. Both on console and PC

Season 5 was an extreme shot in the arm for For Honor. Not only are there new players coming in, but more people are coming out of retirement to play again like me.

hmmm makes me wanna buy the game but then i realize i dont have enough shekels
Maybe i will wait until i have them and see if i buy it , because god o love being a viking

>shot in the arm
More like a full defib session on a patient

>Tribute with randoms
Once and never again

>dominion with randoms
>our team just runs mid and dies 1v4 to theirs while they are all mid and hold all 3 points
>can't do shit on my own because at best I'm 1v2
>can't communicate with team because

Lads, help me out here.
I want to buy this game, now that I've heard that the dedicated servers have finally been implemented.
My question is: is it worth it?
I mean, I know you probably like the game, but is it worth the money?
Are there a lot of people playing it or will I get paired up with the same couple of people everytime?

Also, I know the game is hard as shit to learn, but I don't mind it that much. I'll probably get my ass handed for like 200 hours before I git gud, but that's kind of the appeal to me.

I bought the deluxe+season pass+base game for 30 euro during chinese new year
I'd say it's worth it

Only worth it if you're playing on console, PC is ded

Worth it.
PC is alive, sure console has more but don’t listen to this meme

PC is currently the only platform with the dedicated servers. Consoles won't get them until Ubisoft likes how they perform on PC.

FMraedRue tell me your ban evasion strats if youre in here. i want to learn from the salty rep 44 lawbringer master that cant parry a light chain

Your mileage may vary.
I'm at 400 hours over the past year, on/off.
It's good for playing dress-up & then showing that off at the least.
Some modes have a lot of players, others are empty. Console has more players overall.

>hard to learn
It is?
There's a lot to learn but that doesn't mean it's hard..just don't expect to win Test Your Mettle without several hours of practice, at minimum.

>PC is ded
>Get a game within a minute of searching every time
Okay

i have 850 hours played on PC. i would have recommended it at launch and at various other times during its life, but the latest changes have made the game shit imo. i'd hold onto your money and see if the dev team plan to unfuck the game

Coming out of retirement player here, can confirm.

LB is still my favorite, and Gladiator is fun af

Are duels dead? Im on ps4 and ive been paired up with the same guy like 5 times out of 6 and its irritating. Im almost at my first prestige. Is there no one new playing this game anymore?

>he misses GB after parry

Hey guys, I asked about whether to get highlander or glad the other day. Today I discovered I can actually pick characters I haven't unlocked in practice mode, and I've been trying them. Turns out, I don't really like either of them a lot, at least from what I've played so far, but I liked Shinobi, surprisingly, considering I don't usually like squishy assassin characters in games and prefer tanks (with the two characters I've done best with so far being LB and Warlord). Is s/he good?

He’s ok for duel. Not really offensive since he’s just meh in terms of moves.
He’s more then ok for 4v4 since his heavies are great for support

whats better on shugoki, punch through or hard to kill?

>duel some guys like 20 times
>he only played kensei for all of these games
>first 3-4 matches he won
>spammed "Good Fight!" and emotes the whole time
>win the next match
>he stops emoting and saying "Good Fight!"
>crush him almost every other match
>most of them with valkyrie
>winning 3-0 with shit I'm not even good at
>he wins one more match, a close 2-3
>emote spams and "Wow!"s like his life depended on it
>"Uninstall, trash. Only playing OP characters"
>leaves
So this... is the power of duelfags

Very strong when well played, an absolute pain in the ass in 4v4 regardless if well played or not.

Punch through for Dom. Hard to kill for deathmatch or tribute

I get back to back matches all day. Idk why people say PC is dead, maybe garbage modes like Skirmish

Sounds like he didn’t like you fucking his butt so soundly heh.

That's cool, far as I understand the characters I've been liking so far all seem more geared towards 4v4 anyway. Or at least I'm getting rekt in duels though that's probably also lack of practice. I think I'm gonna start saving up for Shinobi, shame I just bought an execution.