/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

>best couple is worst team edition

Previously on /dbfzg/: >DLC Pack 1 revealed:
i.imgur.com/833zlQV.jpg

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJIGHWXlKEg
youtube.com/watch?v=E3DuXrx4CLA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAxNn-xK93w
youtube.com/watch?v=hiVW_I5SS0o
youtube.com/watch?v=XdIl4kZEKmY
youtube.com/watch?v=dcAa-6SZiaY
youtube.com/watch?v=wi2DDWN2O2A
twitter.com/kizzie_kay310/status/957852484013236225?lang=en
twitter.com/Megamanezx1234/status/958178792069005312
twitch
twitch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>and you call yourself my husband?
Krillin didn't deserve this.

He also didn't deserve being the second worst character in the game.

>that webm

feels fucking awful. tfw a simple ningen.

DB Ultra will have all human """fighters""" die in a filler ep lmao

I really hate that 18 is the only character with a normal j2H that can't connect it a second time in the air

Who /demon/ here?

I'm a demon, but I still have ways to go

Reminder to not let people just super dash at you from full screen when you're in the air

Androids. SS2 without all these ragequitters. I do not do a lot of ranking because of them.

they care so little for the other fighters i'm surprised they didn't just have them die off and only show up occasionally as background characters in otherworld. I guess they cared enough to give roshi at least something.

But you can

What? All you have to do is a light?

Supreme Kai rank right now. Trying to learn some blockstrings with kid buu before I go back into ranked so I've been in casuals

posting all the piccolo tech I've found
youtube.com/watch?v=mJIGHWXlKEg
youtube.com/watch?v=E3DuXrx4CLA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAxNn-xK93w
youtube.com/watch?v=hiVW_I5SS0o
youtube.com/watch?v=XdIl4kZEKmY

here is a solo variation and a Gotenks variations of the piccolo corner oki I made after watching dora_bang's videos
youtube.com/watch?v=dcAa-6SZiaY
youtube.com/watch?v=wi2DDWN2O2A

I think you technically can but it hardly ever works compared to every other character with a vertical j2H where it always works
I mean pros don't even do it

is that tournament still on? just got home from work.

All the weaker characters got decent treatment in Super except for Yamcha. He's basically just been embraced as the joke character now.

If you're Cell, yes.

they gave 17 and roshi nice treatment, and somewhat 18 but the best they did for some of the others is show up. they literally had two whole side stories to show that krillin wasn't gonna just be some pushover and was gonna actually do something and he beats one dude with a smelly shoe and loses. tien and piccolo also got shit treatment, one taking down some gunner with them and piccolo getting tripped up by a fucking bug.

so does this mean I can finally stop whiffing 2H and eating a frontal super dash now?

Yeah, autocombo works with every character I tested. But the timing is not free and needs some getting used to. If they're up close it's risky.

>tien and piccolo also got shit treatment
Tien got too little screen time, but he got a decent story going and did okay in ToP.

Piccolo's gotten amazing treatment in Super. He trains with Goku, ackonwledges how much he takes care of all the kids and helps the family around, trains Gohan from being a bitch who almost died going SS2 to being able to become mystic again, and then had the entire Namekian fusion thing in the ToP. He's probably one of the best support characters in Super really.

Anybody else getting tired of people just using meta characters?

Like please people play something else im tired of just fighting

>Goku black
>A Gohan
>Android 16

Please im making the effort of using characters that are not meta and im still winning, What the fuck is your excuse?

Also r8 my meme team

>piccolo
>Nappa
>Krillin

Current record

670 games played 458 wins
Just a reminder the reason why i dont re match you is because ive fought goku black 3 times prior and id like to fight characters i dont see every game

i meant fighting wise but yeah they did that too. At least they recognize that piccolo is basically like gohan's real father.

Anyone running one of the 10 default teams?

I wanted to play 16 before the game even came out, it's not my fault hes easy mode

hellzone grenade is so fucking weak.

If by some how you manage to catch them in it yeah you can combo hard but good luck doing that. All they have to do is fucking crouch block and no matter where it is it will do zero damage.

Hell zone grenade should be a high and if they are crouch blocking it should stun simple as that

Wat

>Nappa
stopped reading right there. 10/10

I could care less if people use easy characters just how about you try to learn the game and play all the characters rather than one trick 16 with ss vegeta.

You are only hurting yourself, once 16 is nerfed you will be struggle like you did in day one.

i never see krillin. is his healing any good in practice?

green meme team when S1 DLC is out
>Cell
>Piccolo
>Fused Zamasu

its un reliable and can bite you in the ass

He is probably the weakest character in the game but its still enjoyable playing with him and making goku blacks and cells rage quit

When 18 summons Goku Blue assist, sometimes she'll say "Come here Vegeta"

>throwing out raw supers
i mean yeah, 90% of the lvl 1 supers in the game would be awful that way

I enjoy playing Android 16. Hard not to.

Unless you're in the corner, Piccolo needs 2 bars to land a super from an air combo.
How pathetic

That's happened to me when I use Black's assist, I also have Vegeta on my team

Tell me someone to play instead of Piccolo, I feel like I was tricked into picking him

He's not terrible, but if you like the setplay/reset-heavy gameplan, try Fat Buu or Nappa.

goku black

I wanted to like him so much. But I had to drop him after I saw that. I spend hours in training mode the first week trying to find another way around that.

How can I improve this combo?
Ignore the Galactic Donut.

I'm surprised you've never seen this: twitter.com/kizzie_kay310/status/957852484013236225?lang=en

Wow, never did see it. I basically was just brainstorming Trunks combos and thought of what I was doing.
Gonna lab that one later.

Here's some tips:

It doesn't work on small characters. The timing on the first flip is SUPER tight. Here is an easier, more reliable version I use for online: twitter.com/Megamanezx1234/status/958178792069005312

Also do not mash L after the flips to get the hit. It is much easier to get the hit manually.

Does Beerus dunks hit overhead?

i believe so. same with tiens, and trunks shine slash

No. It is not an overhead. He would be absurd if it was. I can dream.

What's the EX version do? Just more damage? Is it faster?

Why the fuck does connecting after the flips in Trunks corner combos feels so inconsistent?

POSSIBLE DBFZ Announcements happening now, and TOP 8 right after

twitch
.tv/bifuteki

Shut the fuck up you dumb faggot

>kefla
Neck yourself.

It tracks them no matter what distance. More damage too. Same speed as medium though.
Not really useful.

The KBR/FChamp FT10 followed by KBR beating Champ the next day was FGC kino

I miss villain Fchamp
Instead we got shill Fchamp

Why is there no discord

Damn, I dont watch super. What happened afterwards? I'm sure they are fine, they were just fighting but how did it resolve?

I actually had no idea Cell could fire his kamehameha upwards like Goku
What can't he do

what the fuck is going on in the stream

how?

>Yipes and Matrix on commentary
YEAHHHH BOI

Krillin mans up and starts training again. Happy family preserved.

twitch
.tv/bifuteki

dont forget to watch ChrisG dump on sonicfurry

Goku came to train and Krillin happened to have gotten shot by a robber with the bullet damaging him since he got so rusty.

Android 18 basically uses this as an excuse to use tough love to get him to train again since he retired from martial arts.

>tfw wanna watch the tournament but its budokai 3 night

>Yipes & Matrix commentary on a tourney that's not 100% confirmed to be a SonicFox win
Based.

18 was just motivating Krillin. She loves him. Later Krillin fights Goku and actually keeps up because he knows Goku well enough to trick him.

I see, thanks guys, I was worried

I have to root for anybody playing Tien, despite ChrisG being the furslayer.

OH OH OH OH OH

It's still on

GORILLA 16

Can't wait for the ChrisGod vs furry runback

Theo Tien suicide

what if sonic just losses this math and tilts eternally?

what happened to all the anime fgc? it must be depressing to realize that they werent ever really good at their games and were just the best out of the little that played

What are you talking about?

That's what I'm wondering. Of course the FGC as a whole on PC is pretty quiet, but BB, GG, etc. are all still decently popular and common at tournies for PS4.

once the mainstream fgc started to go into one of their games (dbfz), they are now nowhere to be found

Kizzy was playing, but I dont see any japanese players really

I still don't understand what you mean. Guilty Gear and Blazblue are still on Evo's main stage.

Yeah, because new games are fun...?

Nakkiel is in Top 8, and both SonicFox & ChrisG have played anime; their strengths are in playing everything which is REALLY good for DBFZ which is a cross-section of several fighting games. Plus there's a decent Japanese scene apparently.

i was just expecting more competition from them, considering the elitism of the anime scene. chris g, sonic fox, etc, just came in and dominated

THOSE ARE ANIME PLAYERS

>wake up level 1
>it hits
nakkiel pls

any elitism from anime players was always just "why aren't you playing our games, they're better", which they're now doing

JP voices are trash other than Cell because of Wakamoto and trunks

trash taste

>Yipes, Matrix, and the entire crowd yelling along with Cell's intro
BASED

Its still pretty meh on knockdown.
Half the balls disappear on hard knockdown , there's no reason why it shouldn't behave like gotenks' with a negative edge to release them.

>/fgg/
They are so fucking salty about this game god damn

Fucking loving it dude

>wanting to land piccolos super

why are you playIng this character?

/fgg/ is literally all salty shitposting. they hate every fighting game.

>/fgg/