/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Went on a journey: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

I liked the old thread more

who tf died to the ayys

where did the spelunkers go?
prelayer, main, preboss?

I'm doing BL4, so unfortunately eating the charge is not an option, especially given that instability damage seems to kill me instantly in Isz. (Seriously, it seems to triple damage taken.)

end of preboss

POST WAIFUS

on l3 now

We're on layer 3 now. Saw someone's phantom

Guys i have a problemo
My controller fell and this part of it dented
Anyone knows how to try and fix it?
I tried prying it back to normal with a pair of small scissors but it seems there's no hole to force the scissors in.
Every button responds fine, but i wanted to fix it in case it gets worse

I need this edited into a HMLS and Bloodletter users

you can dodge every attack bribri has by unlocking and running away

Can somebody explain normal/lost/uncanny weapons to me? If I'm going for pure physical damage, then would any of the three be better than the other?
I understand that the difference between the 3 is which gems you can slot into each of them, but I don't know which would be best in the long run.

Uncanny/Normal = Physical due to the radials and triangle gems needed to increase it's damage (27%, 32%adepts)
Lost = Arcane, since it has the potential (POTENTIAL) to increase its damage greatly with arcane/elemental gems

the best physical gems are 27.2%, which (barring very unlikely exceptions) come in radial and triangle shape, so you want the version of the weapon with radial and triangle slots. This is normally the normal version, sometimes the uncanny.

>invader gets wwe slammed in the prelayer

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Right now I have an Uncanny Beat Cutter and an Uncanny Pizza Cutter. Both the normal version have 2 radials and a triangle slot (both uncanny weapons do not), so am I to understand that I should be upgrading the normal versions instead of the uncanny version?

I don't even lock on it anymore. Makes the fight easier.

squeeze the underside with the texture surface. Mine popped out too I went for a big stretch and occidentally let go and threw my controller out the backdoor. I'm surprised it didn't break completely. I've also forgotten I was holding it and not a cat toy and throw it down the hallway. Didn't break then either but scared the shit out my cat.

Exactly

Pretty lame dungeon, layout wise. No invasions either despite seeing a phantom multiple times.

Thanks for hosting, Thomas. Comfy spelunk, overall.

Perfect. Thank you again.

ty for hosting

Np. Gonna quick farm a few bastards and will host a loran after

>tfw still ringing for invasions on the 3rd layer when I saw this post.
Well thanks for hosting I guess. I think miyazaki himself has switched my sinister bell with a dud so I can't have jolly invasions. I'll try to meet you guys in loran for an invasion.

Hi I just started this game 15 minutes ago, what am I in for?
Died to some fat axe nigger when I took a wrong turn.

Sounds like a normal day in Uganda.

Memes and good game design

Best music in the series

>Died to some fat axe nigger when I took a wrong turn.

Get out of this thread and play the game.
No guides, just go in blind.
Enjoy a wild ride
>tfw never play BB for the first time again

the doll is the final boss

You're in for one hell of a ride, that's for damn sure. What's your starting background/weapon choices?

Gehrman gets consumed by the werewolf god and you have to venture deep underground to defeat him and stop the beasts from attacking

Read thisGet out and enjoy your stay

Eta?

bout 5 mins

Mine's been like that for a while, not a bother on it, there's nothing to worry about.

>have done defiled amy with 6 different people tonight
>they've all opted for the "summon killer queen to distract will they go for the sneaky rear flank" strat

My heart can't take it anymore. Watching amy do 5 jumps in a row and the host rolling like a manic in all directions. It's too stressful.

tbqh I didn't like BB when I first played it. Got it at launch. Didn't do any chalice just mainlined the story and was underwhelmed as fuck. Then i came back 6 months later and played it properly, made a build, did chalice adn was completely hooked. I'm not sure why I didn't like it during my initial playthrough.

>SRRC cooping
Just do the DLC or Yaharhar.

PLAY BLIND TRUST US

AWAY AWAY

Come back when you're done or if you're really really REALLY stuck.

New to Bloodborne. Anyone want to duel in pthumeru?

Better yetStream it, and give us a detailed report of your failures

Loran up. Pass bbg357 glyph 2hghhu8s

Ringing

Set it to open.

Set it to open

It already was, you cucks.

I'm pretty shit so you won't get much of a fight out of me. How long does it usually take to match?

Then the glyph is wrong.

>Set it to open.
>Set it to open

Those numbers are pretty nice.

It varies

Sorry glyph was 2"b"ghhu8s

Ringing, cuck.

2b or not 2b, that is the question.

I actually like Queen Killer. I can fight Amygdala alone on my normal files, but I always summon him anyway for the hijinx.

>Running Skill/Bloodtinge build with Simon's Cheesebow.
>Summon Queen Killer.
>Onto Amygdala.
>How many fucking cannonballs does he carry?
>Amygdala spends 1/4 of the fight staggered.
>Queen Killer nearly dies multiple times, but always gets the heal in.
>After first visceral attack, Amygdala gets it's face smashed in by 3 or 4 cannonballs before it heals.

>Cont'd

My dude, vit is not a meme

I could stream it later, I guess.
I've watched one or two speedruns but nothing that goes in-depth.
If you count the "virgin x chad" posts as info, I've seen a few of those. I didn't pick the cane at the start because I remembered one with it.

Damn I rolled directly into that one lol

Imprompthu in Poomeru, everyone else join too

I have 50 vit

Still one spot open

Can someone explain me how spelunking usually goes? Are the builds used at the meta stat levels?
I've been getting an itch to play again but online this time. Once I beat the final boss of MHW, I'll alternate between the two games to not burn out on one or the other.

Hey did we do that 98 vs 80-120 vote yet? I forgot all about it

13 people voted, 80-120 won by 1 vote

also this is my first character, just reached NG+ yesterday so my build is pretty middle of the road/trash
BL 108 50 vit, 30 end, 35 str, 30 skl
would probably go 40 end if I had the blood echoes lmao

>Someone announces the glyph
>Join the dungeon and ring the resonant bell
>Get summoned
>Complete the layer and memorize where the lever is
>After the host beats the boss speed run the layer and join them on layer 2
Also, an invader may show up. Level is irrelevant because of passwords but people are usually near 100

My build has 10 end

my guns only build has 8

Someone makes a root chalice, usually depth 5 Foetid Rotted Cursed, sometimes depth 4, sometimes a mix. They summon two people and explore it for giggles, see if they find anything interesting. Builds are usually around the meta, but it's PVE with optional invasions. That's it really, pretty straightforward.

Yeah boy. 106 master race

anyone joined yet?

also thanks user for giving me my first real pvp experience, it's fun

>3rd phase, Queen Killer is right under Amygdala while I keep shooting it's face, drawing aggro.
>Amygdala can no longer hit Queen Killer, who is constantly between it's legs, and is no longer repairing body damage.
>Amygdala jumps, toward me, I panic roll over toward Queen Killer and realize I used up all my blood vials (this was before I made good builds.) Amygdala is approaching, try to get off a charged shot in time.
>It works, Amygdala is down for the count in visceral position with a sliver of health left.
>Fire a shot for the head, but it misses???
>Realize Queen Killer initiated the visceral for the killing blow.
>Time slows down.

There's just something so magical and satisfying about watching a crazy guy in his underpants with a gold cone on his hand, a wheel in one hand and a fucking cannon on the other driving his fist through the face of a cosmic nightmare and end it's evil existence. For all the ills in the world, when I think of that ending, I can't help but feel like everything is going to be alright.

8 end plus the T3 stamina rune is enough for all but the heavy weapons. They really should have made end increase with str and vit instead of being its own stat.

we do fightclubs for lvl80-120 players at some time specified in the op. I think its on a friday or saturday.

Still 1 spot open. You that phantom?

Sorry if it's slow right now, a third user joined. Hope you get to fight her too

it's all good

yeah, I'll try and catch you guys. Tell me when you're onto layer 2

We're on layer 2 now

that was a good kill, made me laugh hard

Pressed square to use gloves but ended up using Blue Elixer. Wasn't even in my quick-select

Yeah, I love snek kills

I'm in the main area of layer 2. Where about are you?

Kek I love it, have to wonder his deal is

Lamp room.

You have the pass, right? bbg357 I can see your phantom

ahhhhh. I've just lost connection to the network. I think my internet is being fucky tonight. First I couldn't invade anything through SRRC, then I couldn't invade through 4 separate layers in spelunks and now I can't even coop. I think I'll have to call it a night. Sorry I kept you guys waiting.

Ggs to both fighters, I guess we're done here

I'm still ringing in pthumeru in case someone wants to duel

I'm taking his place, ringing via srrc now

Ah fuck, looks like it was the invasion glitch afterall. I'll bring another character since tinge is so limited

Yeah I was wondering what had happened as I've been ringing for the past 20 minutes or so without a match

i'll be here in 10 minutes
please dont go away