/hg/ - Halo General

#410 - Chief Means Buisness Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise. New arrivals check out the spreadsheet for updates on community events and to familiarize with active /hg/ members.

>/hg/ community spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/180BTI18TtggxC9yGxZE5-_QPiSK_fFAGLOx5awbTySY/edit?usp=sharing

>Halo General Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/open-worlds

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=xBackup Beastx#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_xBackup Beastx_a4c909d8-5ddc-4116-9cf4-dddd29067af0
halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=xBackup Beastx#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_xBackup Beastx_d2f9695b-2ba9-44d6-86f7-f42ba213e66e
halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=xBackup Beastx#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_xBackup Beastx_30bd3c70-6f7c-4c4f-81d5-2dafd8a82303
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for remove sprint.

how can one person's brain be so non-existent?

>Storm Rifle
>Power Weapon
BUT. IT. ISN'T.
People need to get that through their heads.

Halo is being played. 3/16

Halo MCC swat
2/4
GT hotrod1933
Now.

>informative
>detailed
>helpful

>unaffiliated
>ambiguous
>vague

GT? Game?

nevermind I can just join this

I would but I'm working.
Props for the offer though

that GT does not exist

>famitsu
what a blast from the past

I genuinely don't understand. I thought the point of 5's sandbox was to make non-loadout weapons a bit more special.

He changed his gt because he's on /hg/ offical blacklist.

it's just a broken weapon.

official*

nah

What does Chief eat?

Covenant

I wonder what grilled unggoy steaks taste like

seared just the way I like it

Oh No. My Great Journey is ruined!!!
But what if... I were to have the disgraced elite become the Arbiter so he could continue to carry out my bidding behind the scenes?

Oh no, my religion is ruined!
But what if, I were to start a war and disguise the Reclaimers as Forerunner-artifact destroyers. Ho ho ho, delightfully devilish Truth!

How many Silver packs do you need to buy before they're all cleared and you can move onto Gold?

250-300 probably.

there was someone who did the math but it was probably outdated when they released new reqs

A lot.

bravo

FOOKIN

Post GT (fag) if you want some company for WZFF grinding. 2 people can greatly increase the chance of success. Apart from the mythic knights. Fuck them.

maybe later when I'm out of work.

heroic is comfiest. not everything is a complete bullet sponge at that difficulty.

honestly considering game pass

I agree, but the end bosses are shit usually.

Warzone """"""""firefight""""""""

Score attack would be a better name.

How the FUCK do we stop them

who?

>Achilles cucks
who cares

BREE

BORE

BRAH

THE BOOOOOORE

I miss kai

>Those explosion scorch marks
Does H5 do this? I know there isn't blood but I don't know about explosions

Halo was never viol-

maybe on in-house dev maps.
I doubt the forge assets feature that capability.

Maps are now in my files & bookmarks for the 1v1 tournament.

hg 1v1 attic = Blackout. hg 1v1 balcony = Narrows. hg 1v1 Garden = Guardian (There have been some changes in response to participant feedback though) Blackout will now retain it's power weapons. Shotgun, Sword, Sniper. However, these are all with reduced ammo/energy. Garden will stand as the option for matched players that wish to play without power weapons. - Please check these maps out when you have the chance. If you find any game breaking issues (for example, kill barriers that are not working correctly or where they should be), please let me know so these can be fixed asap. Thanks.

Please also note that snipers on the Narrows map have reduced ammo, rockets are removed, and the power up on each side is speed boost rather than overshield.

Why is her hair drawn like a posterized movie poster, but the rest of her looks like 2010 numale anime shovelface?

and the 1v1s are in HALO 5?!?!?!??!

>sword on Blackout in a 1v1

that sword better have like 2 swings max. Otherwise everything you said is fine.

what is the kill limit, starting weapons, etc?

the amount of salt coming out of this tournament will be hilarious

It's at 30% energy. So 3 swings. If people playtest the map beforehand and are unhappy with this, it can easily be removed or lowered.I'll probably end up lowering it to 20% either way.

I'm personally against both shotgun and sword on the map for this, since I can see them making these matches really unfun for people to watch, but others have been vocal about the lack of power weapons.

I'm making the game-mode soon and will have it in fileshare. It'll be first to 15 kills like the last one. Loadout weapons will be AR & Pistol. Time limit will be 20 minutes. Once it's made I'll post full details here and in the discord.

nice

Bookmark Links for the tourney maps

>1v1 Attic (Blackout)
halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=xBackup Beastx#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_xBackup Beastx_a4c909d8-5ddc-4116-9cf4-dddd29067af0
>1v1 Balcony (Narrows)
halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=xBackup Beastx#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_xBackup Beastx_d2f9695b-2ba9-44d6-86f7-f42ba213e66e
>1v1 Garden (Guardian)
halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=xBackup Beastx#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_xBackup Beastx_30bd3c70-6f7c-4c4f-81d5-2dafd8a82303

looking forward to this

>inb4 half the matches are on garden again

I know that nobody actually watches it, but I'm cancelling the bungie stream this week because February 28 doesn't exist this year. I will resume as planned on the 7th, which is one of the most powerful symbols in bungie lore (the number 7)

...I watch it

>February 28 doesn't exist this year.
What

user

Halo 5 Arby is too big

did somebody say TOO BIG?

post gametype

>too big
No such thing.

>Feb 28th doesn't exist this year

best map

Wrong. Chiron is best map

What happened? I've missed the last few threads

You missed halo being played

Gave company to Red and disappeared.

At this point, I dont think we can

Halo is being played.

I just wish they would stop calling me names it hurts my feelings

>2/3 maps have sniper rifles on them

good.

I have many questions

>jpg

Anyone got that pic of that kid holding a plasma pistol to his chin like he's about to commit suicide?

>tfw saved it as .png but this shit happens

self aware images

Halo 1 AR sounds like pure sex. Why can't we have it sound like that again

because they hired people who hated Halo

Is Halo still being played?

No. /hg/ hired people who hated Halo.

I miss it too, but being able to double up SMGs is an acceptable replacement.

GLACKITYCLACKCKITYGLACK

What happened to Halo Online general?

Same fate as halo online

It merged with Halo General due to mods.

In all seriousness, Grunts probably taste something like crab or lobster, for obvious reasons.

Jackal would probably be akin to chicken, or perhaps some sort of reptile like a lizard. Probably not nearly as good though.

Sangheili I imagine would bear resemblance to gator or crocodile; Saurian and whatnot.

Brute would be harder to pin down, but I can imagine it'd be something like bear, except almost too hard to eat and you'd never be able to cook it much softer than a particularly chewy jerky.

San'Shyuum, I can imagine would be almost closest to a "human" taste, but much softer, very greasy and slimy, maybe with a hint of frog or amphibian; ultimately not very good whatsoever. However, a Forerunner-era San'Shyuum would likely be much, much more appetizing.

Drones would be reminiscent of cricket or grasshopper, maybe with the slight zing of ant.

Lekgolo blood has been described to smell "like burnt plastic"; ultimately it would probably taste nothing like food at all, just a bunch of sharp, dangerous chemicals.

>everything ij posts is just straight out of his home board /pol/
who led him here, take him back

Oh no, my ring is ruined!

But what if... I were to fire and declare war on my highly-incompetent military, and replace them with savage literal-retards!

Truth was kinda stupid when you think about it

Dinos taste like sweets.