/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Soft Soles for Steam Games Edition

>Upcoming event: Little Ladies' Day:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2018/Little_Ladies_Day/

>Eureka 4.25:
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/358806-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XLII-Update-Thread

>4.2 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/75c691f90f4a7da3907f0671ac33e139e9792abf

>Job Guide:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/FZZm7Rbn (embed)

>Previously on /xivg/:

I've been playing this game since 1.0, back then I met this cool guy who wanted to start his own group and I joined him. There I met a lot of great people and we had a lot of fun and adventures together, fighting Garleans, killing Primals and so on. But then things started to really fall apart, I don't even know why it turned out like that, it was a very long but steady decay with a lot of shit happening.

I suppose it all began when the founder stopped showing up, he hasn't logged for the past 5 years now and for all I know he could as well be dead. But things weren't all that bad, you know, a girl in our group became the new leader and it was fine for a while, she wasn't like the previous guy, and she was a bit bossy while contributing little to nothing to our activities, but I guess it was fine.

Then a huge drama exploded after one of the kids started to recruit people left and right. Like he wanted us to become "big" or some shit like that, I don't even know who made him officer, but you can guess the rest. Half of those people were assholes and they did some very shitty things behind our back.

I should probably mention at this point that I wasn't exactly the most popular guy, people wouldn't really listen to me if I tried to stop that. That's because a few months before someone hacked my account and just wiped out my whole friend list and did other stupid things with my char. Anyway after I regained control of my account I explained what happened, but, you know, not everyone believed me and they never fully trusted me again after that.

Anyway after that shitstorm a lot of people left, and some stopped playing for a while, me included. I mean I think that was kind of natural, people leave and go, like that WAR that joined us and left after like not even a week. I was confident that we would go back together, because most of the core members were great guys.

Well try it out, meet up with your friends, see if its more fun, work out if the 'lag' is causing problems!
Thats more effective than us trying to tell you user!

Mateus is nice

The leader at this point was pretty much MIA, but then I finally saw her online, I was like "finally, welcome back!" but it turned out she just showed up to tell us that she decided to apply for a world transfer. I mean WTF? You haven't logged in for months and when you show up you just tell us you're transferring to another world? Well that's great!

Anyway we picked up the pieces of what remained of our group, but it's like nobody really cares anymore. The BLM logged out for the last time before SB, the Summoner just keeps to himself, I swear he's more interested in the game lore than the game itself. The MNK stopped playing a long time ago, but her sister took over her account, a total noob if you ask me and recently she announced that she decided to leave our group.

Then we got this Lalafel who got into crafting and now only thinks about making more and more money. Meanwhile I'm so broke I can't even teleport.

The most tragic case is the healer of our group which is one of the best players I ever met and a very nice person, but she's got some serious eyesight problem and she can't play like she used before.

I really wish we could go back to when we were a real group, you know, with a leader a proper organization and a purpose. Now it's more like everyone is doing their own stuff. I used to be part of a team, but now it's mostly just me and my nutkin minion.

I dunno, maybe I should just leave and join another FC, it's not like there's many of the core members that are still around and I might as well just be the next to leave. Still this sucks.

Anyway sorry for the long rant. If you are looking for me in game and want to befriend me, my name is Thancred.

Is this the Thancred thing?

>unironically reposting reddit shit
how this place has fallen

How? Please explain.

....sorry for sounding like a retard but how do I do that?

Ouch...

Okay, will try to do that!

Shit, I hadn't seen this before and it actually got me and got a laugh out of me. I love it.

Anyone who constantly complains about having no friends or being alone on here probably did it themselves and have something wrong about that.

It's funny?
>how this place has fallen
It was at the bottom from the start.

Also, the europeans in this thread are nicer than the americans, the later it gets, the more of them wake up, and the weirder and nastier this place becomes.
Ignore the douchebags.
Mhm, if you're not a day 1 sprout on balmung chances are youve had chance to speak to a few people and start making friends...

yes /b/rother! down with the normies! ree!

Oki, thank you very much for telling me!

There's gotta be some truth to this. I haven't played since 1.0, but I came back a few days ago, and I got blasted by FC invites. I mean, I'm sure they're just casual/looking for fresh meat, and I rejected almost all of them, but it's still a social outlet. Even if you gotta wade through 500 scrubs, there's still gotta be at least one person worth befriending, right? Seems like you gotta actively avoid people to not find a friend.

>nicer
They still shit talk you, they don't have the courage to say it to your face though.

>Americans go to sleep
>Yuropoors start posting and it behaves like an actual general
What the fuck, I hate Americans now???

now THIS IS PODRACING

>they don't have the courage to say it to your face though.
That pretty much sums up everyone here.

>now

>move to balmung
>be shy
>go to uldah, a level 1 sprout in ugly clothes
>dont dare click anyone because I'm shy
>stand around in my basic catgirl outfit, no search info
>dont move for a full hour
>no messages
'I don't have any friends on Balmung wtf, I was promised erp!'

>seems like you gotta actively avoid people to not find a friend
Pretty much. And even with being an antisocial stick in the mud, I've wound up with a small handful of friends that understand and respect that.

>implying its the Euros that do this
L M A OOOO

What the heck were they thinking with this robe

Its because everyone on here acts like a sad sack who is a constant downer to be around. They rant about how they hate their life and nobody loves them and how everyone is out to get them. Then they turn on you despite spending time with them if you so much as look at other people you know.

>see screen
>open
>search image for peanus
>can't find one
give me my past 4 mins back

wtf is wrong with them

It took you four minutes to open that image?

now take off your pants and show me your large schlong

I didn't download the dick mod, just the nipples.

4 minutes to search for penis pixel by pixel

Fuck, you got me.

As someone who considers themselves not really having friends in the game. I do think a part of it is because I'm new, playtime is literally around 6 days, so that's around 2 weeks. I did find an FC and I interact with them even added some of them to the friend list. but what I mean when no friends is that when you log in, no one sends you a tell to say hello or stuff like that.

I don't know if that's just not part of the culture but back when I played a lot of Runescape, that was almost a daily occurrence. "tfw no friends" shitposting aside, I think the fact that I'm still new prevents in entering the conversation in an FC chat for example. Like they're talking about o7s or whatever it is, and I don't even know what that means.

wtf are you doing????
do it now!!!!

N...o....

It looks like you cut one of those baby watermelons in half and strapped them to your chests to try and pass as women desu.

Exactly; I even told the FC leaders I'm that type of person too, and they still seemed like they just wanna be friends. I'm still chatting/playing with them even after rejecting their offers. Most of the playerbase does seem (obnoxiously) hyper-social outside of dungeons, either way, so I could only see someone being friendless if they have impossible standards.

I don't think it's JUST Americans; posting on this site is always better during off-hours. I'd attribute it more towards borderline/underage being less likely to be on during those times.

Mateus is dead

Youre expecting a lot, for saying youve only been around for 2 weeks...
Friendships take time

>obnoxiously hypersocial
Man fuck you for making people who enjoy chatting into some sort of negative.
Jesus christ you fucking actual robot.
I'm ashamed to share a species with you you fucking evolutionary dead end.

which ebins have kissable soles and toes?

Those weapons in the GS that aren't sabotender weapons are monster arms, right? Where are the THM and CNJ ones from? I can't place them.

Theres a middle ground between being an antisocial cunt and being a social butterfly who chats your head off about their day, the weather, their favorite pets, etc when nobody asked.

Yes, and it was the latter that I tend to find in this game (And most popular MMOs, for obvious reasons). Although, I'm sure he's just using hyperbole for humor; why else would someone in the defense of socializing do something as unsocial as direct ad hominem.

>how do I do that?
Won't let me post for whatever reason. Try this.

thaumaturge weapon is from mindbenders (squid dudes)
conjurer weapon is from succubi

We took a hit after Balmung opened up but we're far from dead user

I thought the succs used the blood sword. I'll have to look at them closer next time I'm in Haukke or where ever.

haukke hm boss uses the sword
the haukke nm boss uses the staff

they do as well. that weapon used to drop off of the succubus mid-boss before scathach in dun scaith (before they switched her out for proto ultima). i assume the mid boss used that weapon, not 100% sure.

False report

Ah, I see.

What's the best way to handle the second Ultros spawn in o7s safely without worrying about getting hit by missiles or blasted by the air raid gun

People here consider anything less than the top to be dead or nothing

i love you phil

Just run diagonally

Thank you! I checked ang got around 160-180 ping. Not sure if it's good for an mmo or not.

I think you might want to look into getting a pair of glasses, user

LF cute cohealer on Balmung

If phil fish made an au ra, it would be the fish face.

are you a pent-up cat/lizardboy....

Run from the corner where he spawns to the opposite corner. Tell your OT to not be slow and watch for missiles along the way.

not terrible, i get around 190 ping on balmung though and double-weaving is completely out of the question. sometimes using a single ogcd can clip a bit, and i've had occassions where dualcast didn't register as red mage so i would cast jolt and then start hard casting verthunder/whatever. vpns can make it a bit better though.

absolutely not

I am and could use a healslut. Name?

LEI ARI IS MY WIFE AND I STILL LOVE HER

Mottone Kaku

lei ari

E.E

Ehh.....not sure what to say to this so, thank you!

henlo
wtb 110 capped tomes

Go fish

Post MNK bars, please.

Join Soft!

i already did okay

do you have a queen

me

You posted the wrong one you nerd!

This is my mommy. Please say something nice to her.

Would a popoto drinking vodka be considered cannibalism?

Your mother is a bit rough around the edges. Is she feeling okay?

Hi hi, I played the trial last week and am thinking of buying this game. But I don't know what EU server is best to pick. Help please? Not sure if it matyer but I'm thinking of becoming a healer

There is nothing wrong with your mommy.

But you "mommy milkies" faggots need to neck yourselves.

Odin is where most of eu xivg plays.

Shiva is where the Germans are at
Moogle is where the French are at
Odin is where most of xivg is at

I concur.

I don't do that stuff with my mommy.

Odin, Ragnarok or Cerberus.
Odin has a small, but very quiet xivg community.
Cerberus has a smaller, but livelier community.
Idk about Ragnarok.

Hi!
To be honest, you're probably better off moving to a US server, theres more people on them, and most people are on Balmung which you'd probably have to pay to transfer to.
Theres another new user in this and the last thread who's been asking similar questions if you want to take a browse back and see what everyone told him.

Where are all the greater kalongs?

Don't listen to this retard

>trying to trick new players into joining dead servers
Okay friendo :^)

>male raen
yikes

Balmung isn't even the biggest server anymore you brainlet

>le it's not balmung so it's dead
you're fucking delusional lmao

Thank you!

I do speak a bit of German but definately not good enough to have a proper conversation. So go with Odin?

What do you mean with 'quiet'? As in people doing their own thing and never talking? Thanks in advance!

Thanks! I read a few of his messages, but I can't even play RTS games with Americans so this is out of the question. Thank you very much though!

easily odin

Well good luck then! Hopefully you make lots of friends.
Dont take to heart what a lot of people here say. Theres a huge amount of bad blood and general jackassery.
Find a nice FC and ask lots of questions until you feel like you know what you're doing!