/emugen/ - Emulation general

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/internetarcade
github.com/Vita3K/Vita3K
archive.org/details/consolelivingroom
github.com/aliaspider/RetroArch/tree/master/wiiu/slang
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/releases/tag/v0.0.5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I choose this one as the official emugen

>The player plays DOS games not console carts.
wrong again. just get lost scrub. you are full of shit.
archive.org/details/internetarcade

Why do so many MAME related websites look like they're straight out of the late 90s?

ZSNES 2.0 when?

hopefully never, snes9x is perfect

Not until they finish their Wii U emulator.

I'm getting interlaced video in DEmul, any way to fix this?

Use redream you cheapskate.

They added free version.

If it's worth using, it's worth paying for.

>Paying for emulators

Maybe i'll do it in the week of four thursdays.

whateva. use retrotrash or whatever other piece of broken garbage software that crawls on modern hardware.

I bet you don't ebay and dump your own roms you fucking poorfag.

haha, inolen the sad pathetic loser now samefagging his shitty dreamcast emu that was once opensource just because nobody gives a shit about it and everybody else is already well served by demul.

bitch boi at nshillia

this. my 8700k an 1080 ti can't evevn play emulations on retrotrash.

Oh look the shitposter is back, nice failed attempt at creating a thread though

he even came up with a new meme bro, 'retrotrash'. oh shucks, maybe this will actually become a meme unlike his failed shitty blog.

did I make that up? did I create a thread?
damn. i'm doing all kinds of new things i didn't even mean to do today.
shucks.

Is there a way to change options in retro arch quickly such as the framerate limit and resolution?

I updated retroarch today on Ubuntu and im now able to download new cores. The problem is that it's not extracting the zip files within retroarch. Any way to fix this? im not able to use any of the downloaded cores.

Is it possible to emulate this game and play it online with friends?
If not, why hasn't anyone done it yet? The only thing harder is getting 4 friends together with 4 tvs and 4 GBAs and 4 link cables.

Is it my impression or are most SNES translations not compatible with no-intro roms? I'm trying to find a translation for Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo but all the ones I found just make the game crash, on any emulator.

9/10 "romhackers" don't know what the fuck they're doing and have no understanding of qc, so yes, that's perfectly normal.

vita emulator when

It's being worked on.
github.com/Vita3K/Vita3K

No idea but you can fetch the cores directly from the buildbot.

SP must pay for his crimes

Sort of, but the proper way to do it is to set them on a per-core basis with overrides and that way you never have to touch them again.

But instead, he's the one who gets paid

doesn't dolphin have netplay that kinda works

I sometimes want to change stuff at will, per game, and sometimes I feel like playing games at higher speeds. So what I need is being able to quickly increase or decrease values with pageup or pagedown or something similar.

who cares. he's going to die alone because he's an insufferable manchild who doesn't know how to engage in any meaningful way outside of software development, and even then he's mediocre at best.

As niche as that is, you'll probably need to create a bounty.

How the FUCK do I emulate ps1 games? I tried mednafen and it doesn't even open. Xebra doesn't work. Pcsxr says configuration not ok. IS THERE A FUCKING PS1 EMULATOR THAT WORKS WITHOUT ME FUCKING WITH THE PLUGINS. PLEASE.
PLEASE.

The only way you could possibly be having those problems is if you're incapable of following extremely basic instructions, which means emulation is out of your grasp. Go buy a PS1 and buy some games for it.

I don't think so, and it's because it's hard to emulate a 0 latency connection over the internet.

>Autechre - Today at 7:28 PM
>look how dumb these people are

>bparker - Today at 7:29 PM
>can we please not call people dumb in public

>Autechre - Today at 7:29 PM
>I will call that person dumb gladly any day of the week

kek

>their predatory douchebaggery that is going on at these schools/universities where they are turning these schools into shark tanks is literally offensive to me

Says the man pocketing patreon dollars from students. Seriously why do "his" devs still put up with this bullshit every day. And yea, they are apparently "his" devs now:

>Autechre - Last Friday at 3:35 PM
>@Tear don't start needlessly prodding my devs
>@Tear my dev team shouldn't have to be subject to this kind of abuse

oh the irony

create a what now?

and you are speaking from the experience of being an insufferable manchild yourself i take it

Stop hiding behind anonymity you spineless faggot

>being able to recognize behavior/attitude & consequences means they are adopted and innate.
can you take it?
take it how you like

Autechre - Today at 7:49 PM
I have nothing to apologize for

Fact: Everyone here who hates SP is just jealous of the Patreon, they wish it were them instead.

Seriously though, any way to fix this? It looks awful. I can't be the only one getting this issue.

>Autechre
Why does he constantly change his name?

>And yea, they are apparently "his" devs now
Well, he is now officially the CEO of 'libretro organization' so libretro devs are technically 'his' resources.

>only very old arcade games
Those aren't console carts.
If it's an issue caused by a misconfiguration you can try moving the config away.
There might also be a way to force a specific type of video output
It's also fairly possible that it's simply not something you can change.

muh armchair psychology

>armchair
yeah. you dunno me.
those aren't dos games either
also, this you fucking shoe eating faggot
archive.org/details/consolelivingroom

>also, this you fucking shoe eating faggot
Thanks for the spoonfeed
Also speaking of shoe eating faggotry you should fix your namefield

cause Veeky Forums spooks him. he's been Squarepusher, Twinaphex, DanteAlighieri, Autechre, what else

>Veeky Forums spooks him
I can't imagine how far someone's testicles must recede into one's own body to be that much of a coward.

Veeky Forums is danger my friend. we dox and destroy lives on the regular here

All emulators that don't let you load the entire game into ram should be thrown into a large trash can

>still no OG Xbox redump

I haven't messed with Dolphin too much, but I could understand it having netplay ability. I'm more curious at how well you'd get GBA functionality to control the game in a netplay environment.

Like, does Dolphin have a GBA adapter feature for such a game? Do you have to externally link VBA or something into Dolphin to run the game correctly? Or is it all just a pipe dream and Crystal Chronicles will never be properly playable?

The age of OG Xbox preservation will come eventually, and possibly sooner than later if CXBX-Reloaded's development keeps a healthy pace.

There is, but no one is gonna download and upload 10TB of XBOX games just for your sorry ass.

>tfw so desperate to play Demon's Souls you emulate it on your weak computer
>15-20 fps and nearly beaten it

The GLideN64 Indiana Jones ucode fundraiser was funded successfully. Public release when?

>GLideN64

Name a better alternative. Reminded that Indiana Jones is insanely slow in Angrylion's, has interlacing, and also particle effects are incorrect in LLE.

>15-20fps
That's how it was on consoles

Nah, Demon Souls was pretty good at keeping more or less consistent 30fps. Dark Souls on PS3/360 had way more slowdown and frame-dropping. Probably made the engine less efficient by making it portable.

Am I the only one who notices that every anti-angrylion poster claims that they hate it because 'x obscure game doesn't work' instead of just admitting that their toaster is incapable of running it?

Angrylion MT is great but Indiana Jones is painfully slow on it and has constant combing artifacts and also the snow/water/debris effects are wrong.

How is Indiana Jones obscure? It's like the holy grail of accurate N64 emulation. Partially because it's so impressive. Partially because it's incredibly fragile and crashes a lot on a real N64.

reminder that des has framerate drops in the single digits

Not him, but the only reason I even know the game exists is because people complain that they can't emulate it. I've never seen the game, or heard of anyone even mentioning it outside of emulation discussion.
I'd call that pretty obscure.

A "holy grail of accurate emulation" has absolutely nothing to do with how relevant it is as a game, and it's a shit game that's not worth playing. So the fact that a shit game not worth playing can't be played "properly", when even the devs didn't give half a fuck about making it playable in the first place, isn't cause to shit on angrylion.

>A "holy grail of accurate emulation" has absolutely nothing to do with how relevant it is as a game, and it's a shit game that's not worth playing.
It's a fantastic game. The N64 version fixes most of the design niggles from the PC version, and it's much better than any of the Core Tomb Raider titles.
>So the fact that a shit game not worth playing can't be played "properly", when even the devs didn't give half a fuck about making it playable in the first place, isn't cause to shit on angrylion.
It's not that the developers didn't "give a fuck". Lucasarts pulled most of the development team at Factor 5 to reallocate them to Star Wars Episode I - Battle for Naboo, which shares Indiana Jone's ucode and technology. A single developer had to try and finish the game, and the end result is not as polished as it should have been.

This. EVERY single redump Xbox game is 7GB. A complete collection is fuckhuge.

technically he is the only employee of this libretro org, so nobody works for him

>I-I-It's the game's fault!

nah bruv it's your shit cpu

Ugly as fuck interlacing and broken/missing COP0 register behavior is his CPU's fault?

t. factor5

no, his shit cpu is why he's incapable of using angrylion and thus has found himself in a fox and the grapes situation. he's one salty little fox.

Even if it ran at full speed it would still have ugly interlacing and broken particle effects. This isn't about some Angrylion pissing match.

Projecting much? You are literally addicted to shitposting. I can tell you've already pushed aside responsibilities such as washing your dishes, feeding your family or brushing your teeth in order to shitpost. You're a pathetic loser who will never accomplish anything in life. Not only that, but you're too pathetic; too scared, to show your real IQ online. That's the real reason why you like to drum up so much drama about... lasagna and boogers. You sit there, afraid and alone, criticizing every move of stronger, better, more intelligent people.

>Projecting much?
>proceeds to put imax to shame
lol

I read the url in the image as Yoshart.
I hope I'm not offending anyone.
ha ha

Demon Crest is playable at full speed with zero slowdowns thanks to OC.

Downside: it's just as annoyingly hard because Firebrand moves like a sloth and he's god damn huge.

Faces of /emugen/.

Just kill yourself at that point. Spare yourself and everyone else the embarrassment.

Minimum specs to get 60 FPS in at least 900p for Cemu BotW?

Not even the devs could tell you that right now.

>waiting for compiled shaders for Wii U Retroarch

I thought aliboohoo leaked them a while back

What? Who? I can't find anything on aliboohoo. From one user to another, I humbly ask if you know where these leaks are

Does redump have a section on ripping games? I wanna rip my PS1 collection up to their standard.

Ali Bouhlel aka aliaspider, that whole drama about using the stolen official wiiu sdk, was for the pre-compiled shaders. he "leaked" them on retroarch discord or something like that

what a fag

RPCS3 just upped it's version from 0.4 to 0.5 but there's no post about it.

Anyone know what that signifies?

>Discord
Thanks for clearing that up user

get this sand nigger off my screen

github.com/aliaspider/RetroArch/tree/master/wiiu/slang
Does anyone know how to compile with make? Long shot but damn if I won't try

github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/releases/tag/v0.0.5