previous
>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/CTJ0hpLe

>News
New gigantic DDA mod release that lets you "win" DDA!
github.com/tyrael93/Ascension/releases
This post explains some shit I guess
discourse.cataclysmdda.org/t/ascension-mod-or-winning-dda-the-mod/14799

IVAN 0.51 released
github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases/tag/v051

Sil-q updated
github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/releases

ADOM r88 released for free, includes new secret boss and dinosaurs, get it here:
adom.de/home/downloads.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:
roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/commits?author=Coolthulhu
discourse.cataclysmdda.org/t/i-got-report-trolled-on-github/15037
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So Coolthulthu is you see this i hope you are having fun playing IVAN. Somewhere out there.

Ha ha now that this annoying coolthulu guy is gone, it's time to add new and exciting skills like these:
-separate skills for rifles, assault rifles, marksman rifles, sniper rifles, battle rifles
-reloading skill (90% failure chance and you lose some (all) bullets when reloading at skill level 0)
-eating (increased food poisoning chance at low level, cannot eat good food you find until you level up on raw meat and wild vegetables)
-drinking (chance to drown at low level)

Also skill books were overpowered so each skill can only be trained at most 3 times through skill books.

Third for coolthulhu.

>[horrified screaming continues]

I saw coolthulu make a comment a day or 2 ago on a cataclysm issue I bet kevin did something to get him butthurt

you forgot running, you cant run at low level, you fall like a pussy every step you take.

he wasn't removed from cata
his github account was deleted but his contributed code remains
github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/commits?author=Coolthulhu

note how the name is just text and not a link (because )

For what purpose?

Maybe he got hacked but i doubt that. it must be something internal.

>increases natural hpregen by 200%
Sounds bretty gud for tanks like ogres. Is taking Lure for the extra encounter per floor still the best option for the relic upgrade at level 5?

I hate myself

Actually something like athletics skill would have been nice.
Includes swimming, as swimming is useless.
Improves stamina amount and/or regen.
Increases carry weight.
Maybe slightly reduces encumbrance penalties.
Maybe gives better speed, movespeed or movespeed when running.
Improves your ability to jump (instantly travel a couple of tiles at the cost of stamina and the chance of being knocked down) - assuming NPC will eventually learn to driver cars, something like this needs to be done so player won't get run over at 200 mph 100% of the time.

share latest version?

we all play roguelikes, the shame is shared.

>share latest version?

huh? sorry I don't usually hang out here

yeah and we need to get with the modern times and add a sexuality skill... gotta define what piece of shit you are in this world.

Oh wait, OP put it at the top, and not the bottom like a retard.
Oh well, as long as it's there, I guess I'm the real retard.

>latest version
of caves of qud duh

Upload your copy of qud to mega/rapidshit and post a link here.

It's always at the top

I presume he means the latest version of Qud, for those who aren't buyfags.

i think he's a disgusting poor fag who wants you to upload a game he both thinks himself above paying for (despite being a poor fag) because its not of a good enough quality/all roguelikes should be free XD, yet he still wants to play

hey now someone has to buy it then we all can put the lotion on the skin. right.

is yōdanji good
i can at least count on recluse to post roguelikes ive never fucking heard of while he sounds like hes simutaniously dying of boredom and drugs

Cool shit. Thanks for the tips. I kinda like sprints.

Bright Blood is going to be even better when Relic Preservation 2.0 comes out, which gives it to summoner demons too. Then if you get malleable, bright blood, last defense, and diehard all on one thing, it becomes LITERALLY unkillable.

based

Never encountered a summoner on tower 5 before, only heroes. Not too worried though, I have the superior physical and healer demons.

>you enter the dilapidated old town
>it is foggy here
>a dirty beggar accosts you
>it smells of black pudding
>you look around, but there is no sign of the law
>you hear screaming in the distance

Do~
your best~
Dooooo~
your best~

i refuse
i haven't even played any roguelikes since at least january

Fucking 9 level deep sultan shrine but I guess it was worth it? No idea what i'll use this for? Maybe kill a pyramid or the ape god?

>level 22
Did this replace the anomaly Shoggoth? I want that Healing Factor.
Are there any more things being added to the matter build or are bug fixes and balance changes the only thing Ferret has left planned?

any good rogue likes on fdroid?

It's probably just an alternate "prize demon" to the shoggoth. Ferret doesn't want to game to feel same-y.

Testing is pretty much all that's left and I think he said better AI is next.

If I give an NPC a melee weapon and a gun while their orders are to use silent weapons only, will they switch to the gun if I tell them not to worry about noise?

Maybe it's because I've become a better player but the new version feels easier then the previous ones. The held status absolutely rapes the chase links, especially if you have a hold ability that doesn't do damage. Only trouble I've had is losing my nero to a wraith encounter. I've heard Peracelus is really hard but haven't encountered him.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I sure hope you have some consumables, user!

Maybe this will teach you that being able to apply the equivalent of Poison+ in a single turn to anything within vision is not to be fucked around with.

Wow. Yeah. I want that. Give me that.

the hat of 15 runes

Are there any tips to help my character survive the dungeon branch "Outside of the apartment?"

eyes to the ground
do not speak to anyone
do not headpat lolis

are too kind

What about their tums?

Should I equip my Trenchcoat of +2 charisma, or my 54% Cotton Hoodie of +2 stealth?

Trying to install bionics in Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead but after 40-something aspirin, 3 shots of heroin, 5 tabs of codeine, 2 bottles of rum, some crystal meth, some amount of oxycodone and shitton of waiting between trying different things but I'm never getting even close. What am I doing wrong? Did I need to sync up their full effect or something?
>inb4 heart stops

Well I'm probably fucked. I managed to escape Peracelsus but lost my Fotia and Easg Saint. I just got ganked by Anzu's squad on tower 10, I completed his link but lost my remaining demons and all I have left now is my Nero, Gandayah, and Anzu plus 300 credits. Turduk's Sanctum was absolute cancer, every encounter was made of demons who sapped maxhp and I didn't even link Turduk.

Take painkillers, wait some time.
Check @ screen, if it says painkiller 11 or higher, install.
if not more painkillers

I agree that having an athletics skill would be worthwhile, but how could you justify your weight carry limit being increased just because you read a skillbook? Just reading SS and doing GOMAD won't give you gainz, just ask Veeky Forums

How do you play roguelikes on a laptop without the numpad side?

Just play them with the arrow keys ;)

The hoodie dude, and don't put your hood up, as that will actually decrease stealth if you go into any stores(shopkeepers get a bonus to spotting characters with hoods/hats/backpacks/sunglasses/trenchcoats etc.)
The bonus charisma from the trench is just a ui bug specific to your class, it's actually a malus! Take a good hard look at your char sheet after putting it on.

very painfully

hjklyubn

Ah. I was closer than I thought. I almost never remember to check the character screen.

Have a separate keyboard attached. Only place where you're playing roguelikes on laptop is probably a school and you could borrow some free one for a bit probably.

hjkl keys or one of these

Good, never hurts to help.
What will hurt is all those drugs in your system. Good luck surviving that. I don't know at which level painkillers will kill you, but you will reach it.

I think it takes 3 shots of heroin to kill you

>40-something aspirin, 3 shots of heroin, 5 tabs of codeine, 2 bottles of rum, some crystal meth, some amount of oxycodone
ripperoni

B-But they said there was a room full of rare loot!

discourse.cataclysmdda.org/t/i-got-report-trolled-on-github/15037

Wonder who could behind this fuckery

learn hjkl, youll never look back

I’m not too concerned since I moved my shekels from bountysource so the only thing I’m losing is a cthul nickname, but it’s still a moderate bother.
OY VEY

I HAVE REACHED PERFECTION

Do not like that all the letters are different colors

what a Veeky Forums post.
What do you mean, you had money invested in github/attached to your account?

CoQ screenshots always look like someone took pic of their screen on an old phone. It triggers me.

It's just a way to designate certain stuff about the item like rarity/material/effects but yeah I can get how that could be annoying

Fucking looks like what tod howard wanted the pipboy games to look like.

>I had some golds on bountysource for implementing some of the z-level stuff. I claimed the money like 2 months ago, before that I had all that money on bountysource which is tied to github.
>If I didn’t do it,I’d be shitter shoah’d right now. But since I did that, it’s only my nickname that I need to win back.

wew lads

If Todd made that UI it would only have 5 lines per page.

Good point, it'd be a lot worse looking, thankfully this game has had more passion put into it and admits it isn't finished yet.

I know loli is short for Lolita, and Lolita means the loli is supposedly coming on to you which supposedly justifies everything, and that projecting pedo behavior on lolis is therefore both funny AND technically correct according to fantasy logic as well as in full conformance with actual pedo thinking, and that furthermore it is kinda sorta maybe not really acceptable in moon country, but you have to realize that in reality...

...in reality...

...in reality...

>...in reality...

BZZTunderriversolowayfencecemetunicornfarts

ROGUELIKES

As I was saying, roguelikes roguelikes roguelikes.

You alright there user?

>No more Coolguy
Wake me from this nightmare

i hope you have a blood filter cbm in those mods you are installing

Read the thread

I'd pump her rum.

I bet it's granade's wife's fault

>don't have the book to make a vehicle welding rig
>integrated toolset, but no internal furnace or metabolic interchange
This is suffering.
Also, what should I name my deathmobile?
captcha: select all squares with vehicles
it's taunting me

I love how he calls handcrafted gunpowder "magic" but we have characters shooting up heroine in order to tear out their own digestive guts and replace them with bionics.

if some faggot could do it in the 1800s I sure as fuck could do it now

that is a completely asinine amount of diesel but I dig the fruit wine must storage tank

Good ol' Helping Hands. Best damn item in the game, outside of shit like the vibrokopesh, of course.

How am I going to put my carefully sorted by caliber armory into my mobile base? There's no way I'll have enough room.
How do you guys store your guns and ammo?

it's all in one pile. i don't use guns enough to justify having more than 1000L of gun stuff. and sorting is not really a thing with advanced item manipulation.

I'll probably turn some of it into napalm or anfo later if I can. I don't remember if the recipes use diesel or not. The fruit wine must was kind of a "make do as may do" thing, I had a ton of fruit juice on the verge of spoilage after raiding the vending machines in a few subway stations. Couldn't just let it go to waste.

>all guns in one cargo carrier
>all loose ammo in another
>magazines in a third
>overflow to adjacent floor trunks as necessary
>pray for a stabilized portal to show up in a lab

Boy howdy is it fun being a spinning top of pointed edges, but man does it take up a fair bit of weight along with wearing so many fucking weapons. It's right up there with a spiral boerer I used that went down to underground 19

Lolita a reference to lolicon which in itself is short for "lolita complex", which is literally an euphemism for pedophilia by means of referencing Lolita the Nabokov novel.

Why are 90% of roguelike players pedophiles?
Maybe it's just a Veeky Forums thing

Just use a car battery powered welding rig, you rarely have to swap batteries with 2500 charges.

The meme is that the loli lure adult user into getting into a white unmarked van or other conspicuous location with the promise of "rock CDs" which user is really excited about, and then they like bully you and tickle you to death. It isn't really intended to be sexual in its original form, though I assume some people have fetishes for that.
Quit being a fag.

Was he ok?

No, he's not okay. He's had his virginity taken away forcefully by evil succubi.

You know what's really magic? Making superglue.
The recipe is Cooking 2, making it easier to make than a fucking waffle. The real-world stuff is a highly specific and somewhat volatile plastic compound, but in CDDA you can make it out of bleach, lye, bones, animal hide, pine needles, dandelions, or three different types of alien substance harvested from animals never before seen on Earth. What the fuck even is a "biollante bud", and how exactly do I cook glue out of it? It also lasts forever, and doesn't need any special storage, when the whole point of making it is that it adheres to everything and rapidly hardens when exposed to the moisture in air.

Okay, well rip, but also hopefully rip you being such a fag.
>filenamefagging
p*nyposter tier