Escape from Tarkov - /eftg/

Swimming in doorways edition

>Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E

>Maps with Extraction Points
gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov
tarkov.directory/

>Keys Info (What they go to & where to get them)
forums.uwsgaming.com/topic/3871-map-keys-and-you/
>List of Trade-In Loot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0driY-17iz7Ihg3QQrIQnVDn_k3huCzxtzrGKCjnRA/edit#gid=0
>Item Value Per Slot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yMjMQc7AgLVR7fMYDC_CG79VZ70IXb3ppQWU0Bs2JWs/edit#gid=0
>List of Quest Item Loot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t85qw8eSbu-o3mkNTm7SVtwrQVOOkQuN6y2aldqEj64/edit#gid=0

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL""""" EFT discord for beta news:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/ official US based discord:
discord.gg/BEEk538
MONOLITH - EU based discord:
discord.gg/sKyQny6

>Latest major patch notes
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/61522-patch-074972/

>OFFICIAL ammunition info (Up-to-date for patch .0.7.5.976)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l_8zSZg-viVTZ2bavMEIIKhix6mFTXuVHWcNKZgBrjQ/edit#gid=0
>Second hand ammunition info (questionable validity - wiki appears to me to be the most accurate)
escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ammunition
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVNodTxYYzr1EtAasUqkdS89nTpD55tsnpTrEwfKFBI/htmlview?sle=true#
tarkovballistics.blogspot.de/

>Full controls list
pastebin.com/WzBSmZpA

>Previous Thread

How the fuck do I git gud

anyone finish the new therapist quests? Any of them particularly cancer?

30 tushonka, but only the small tins because i say so

its easily the most tedious quest in the game aside from a few that rely wholly on rare spawns that appear like 5% of the time

>finally assemble some breddy gud gear after few successful raids
>get torn to shreds by a squad

He said new therapist quests. As in Health Care Privacy.

You need to level up your toilet skill by pissing yourself in bushes on night maps until you get the elite level perk and can hurl your turds at the enemy.

This kills the Scav.

Gunpowder one, the last one, by then it doesn't matter either until the mechanic gets his tasks

Gib AA please

>watching obnoxious normie streamer 2v6 highlight
>complaining about how many shots he's putting into people
>using 5.45 SP

???

Cotton is better at tarkov than you ever will be. But yes for some reason he used a shit round that game.

No shit, I don't play the game for a living. Most people don't use shit ammo and act surprised that they have to hose the fuck out of fortfast fags. Maybe his partner would have lived too if he wasn't jacking off outside the building.

Anyone else unreasonably angry that there's only one vest that fits the oversize (3tall) mags?

How I supposed to cheekibreeki all over factory with 45rd 5.45 mags if I can't reload without spaghetti-ing my mags all over.

I guess you're supposed to use 2 tall 60 rounders since the ergonomics on 45 rounders doesn't do shit.

Nah, but it's stupid how you need the most expensive chest rig for them. I hope that gets changed eventually.

It's clear 45rdr's should be an early-mid item but they're only usable with one specific vest that's end-game.
Pretty par for the course levels of stupidity.

They just need to get better with making slots that are item type specific and making most vests only suitable for carrying mags with specialty pouches that can carry other things. Limit its uses but increase it's capacity.

Or better yet, modular rigs, put the pouches YOU want on there.

>Or better yet, modular rigs,
Yes please. Honestly would be great if near every item in this game had the customization menu like every gun does.

Most people also don't survive a 2 v 6 against a fortfast squad with m4/asvals.

And anyway a normie wouldn't use a harem anime song as an outro.

What rig? I never use 45's in favor of 60's.

how do you switch between scopes? found some weapon with side scope and have no idea how to switch

New player, just tried my first pistol-only run and unironically felt weaker than when I tried my first hatchling run yesterday. Should I just sell all my pistols?

Check the OP

Should I be trading all my blackrocks for the gun and therefore only using scav vests as a tac rig?

Until you're out of the hobo phase, yeah that's a good plan.

I keep a sizeable treasury of them in case they somehow make pistols relevant without a wipe, but yeah besides the shrimp they're not very good or cost effective.

oh didn't see that one, thanks

i keep a pistol in the container and just hatchet the scavs for guns
if there are multiple, or a player, i take it out and do the job
remember to aom for the legs if theres armor

Maybe really early on, but they're common as fuck and unless you get wacked by a scav player it probably not going to get taken since almost everyone uses them or better ones.

Well I'm stupid.
I decided to open all my insurance because I assumed most of them will just be mags and 3 of them were full loadouts and now I have literally no room left after selling all my junk.

>running toward resort
>hear some AK bursts not too far away
>figure people are already clearing the scavs
>2.5 seconds later i'm peppered in silent gunshots

god i hate this gay shit

>Ignoring 40rd 7.62 mag master race

They're fine too, but I'm swimming in so much money that I'd rather take the biggest mag I can as a mostly solo player so I dig get raped by squads.

Its very annoying, especially that IRL they arent that hard to fit into regular pockets either.

That's the biggest 7.62 mag...

Oh I was thinking AK74 mag. Carry on.

Sounds Unicorn tier, i didn't even know there were 40rd 7.62

Welp, looks like pist-lings are far superior to hatchlings. Been going customs and wrecking every other melee pleb with ease. Good game BSG

Even when the dragunov is introduced, the rsass will still be the superior dmr because its ammo is much better than 7.62x54.

It's almost like gear matters...

These freezes are really starting to wear me down. It really sucks when the game runs great otherwise and they feel like they come out of nowwhere. I want to upgrade my GPU but I feel like it would make no difference because of that.

Yeah but a properly built rsass is expensive as fuck. I feel like the dragundov could be a cheaper option.

That being said I probably won't care since sniper rifles as a class suck in this game.

Modular rigs is a planned feature. Take that with a grain of salt as to if it actually happens or not but it is something they want to do.

Um no sweetie

It's literally just you

>Upgrading your GPU to play an optimized slav trash alpha
Please don't tell me that's your reasoning

*Unoptimized

Not the semi-automatic ones. The RSASS kills somebody through Fort in just a few shots if you use the right ammo. The Dragunov will probably have similar (albeit worse) performance.

Specs? I fixed my freezing issue when I got some more ram.

I have 16 gb of ram and a 4770k. I would have to assume the weak link is my 760. A fresh windows install probably couldn't hurt either.

Yeah I dunno. For what it's worth, I see dudes with badass rigs getting 1-2 second freezes on occasion. Could just be some weird build issue with the game that doesn't affect everyone.

That makes me feel worse. I want the game to run well. There are so many things about it I love. There aren't many games that catch me like this anymore.

I feel ya. Unfortunately, the optimization is just bad and hasn't seen any noteworthy improvements in the entire time that I've been playing. That's actually probably my biggest gripe with the game.

I went into compatibility options and ticked the override high DPI scaling and set it to system rather than program. Gave me a hugely noticeable increase in performance. Might want to try that.

Was gonna say I tried that ages ago, and it didn't do shit, but I never tried with system. Will give it a shot and see if Customs will fucking run at 60 fps now.

>tfw i have no idea what you are talking about

grach and glock are the only good handguns because they can reach almost same RPM as the aks74u

They have already been modelled for months and old news, should be out soon ish.

>3d models as proof of anything being done

Yeah okay Nikita, they're in the next patch i'm sure.

>tons of shit in stash I wanna use
>no desire to play any of the maps besides maybe Shoreline, but it still runs like shit
I bet the fact that we got this small patch several days ago means we're still AT LEAST a week or two away from a more meaty patch.

>that feel when my most successful raid today was a hatchling run

We'll probably be getting the new map within the next month

Anyone else resorted to selling ASVALs and other weird shit that isn't an M4 or an AK? I've got several gun cases but I'm still not high enough for ICases from Therapist. I've gotta keep selling everything I find to stay on top.

Well I would hope so since they've been teasing us about it for a damn month.

Are AS Vals really not that good? I've been looking forward to using the only one I got from shoreline once I can purchase ammo and mags for it.

Much better after Fort got a durability nerf. SP-6 zeroes a 45/45 Fort in, like, 7 shots and kills with the next couple. And its fire rate is super high. The bullet trajectory takes some getting used to 'cause the rounds are subsonic, but it's a pretty mean gun. The 20 round mags are the main drawback, especially if you're in a laggy server where hitreg is fucked up.

I'm not calling them bad, they're just meant for close quarters and nothing else really. They're meant to be snipers but aint no-one sniping with an ASVAL.

I need the space so I just sell them, they're worth a fair chunk to PK.

rip

"""""OFFICIAL""""" EFT discord invite is ded

What's everyone's best guess for next wipe timeframe?

Upgraded to the one below EoD for more stash, on standard now. Trying to figure out if it's worth regrinding tasks. If it'll be a month or more might do it

AS VAL is not a sniper.

VSS Vintorez is a Sniper,
AS VAL Is modified a little and intended as a subgun/rifle

Are PRS and Mk255 still the best 5.45 and 5.56 rounds?

Yes, if by mk255 you mean the Mod 0 stuff.

No. They got nerfed, and it was officially confirmed. See the new official ammo chart in OP to pick what ammo you're gonna be using next.

God I'm fucking sick of the god-like aim these scavs have.

Make them strong sure, don't make them black out limbs in one shot from a TOZ over 50m away. It's just lazy fucking coding.

Yeah the fact that they leg meta you and have way more tightly grouped shotgun blasts than players do is really stupid. Still not as frustrating as playing ARMA 3 with ACE and ASR and getting shot by AI through 6 layers of shrubbery from 400 meters away, but it's pretty god damn annoying.

That's why you only ever run with scavvest/mbss/naked74u/FMJ. ;^)
Plenty of upward mobility, not much downward.

>tall mags require triple-slot special pouch despite fitting in the same mag pouches normal mags do IRL
>fatass mini-drum-mags are straight upgrades despite being unwieldy unreliable blocks of shit IRL

If you can afford a grach run you can afford an sks/74u/shotgun run.

Why is the Hera Arms foregrip so good stat wise. It looks like a piece of shit without the matching stock, which sucks.

Can you buy it from Mechanic or does it only come with the M4?

Level 4 Mechanic.

Pussy. I just buy a 74u and hope I kill someone before it's empty

They were hyping a big patch for February
And here we are with February almost over.

Im afraid this will become another one of those early access games where the devs get bogged down with day-to-day upkeep and cant implement major content additions readily because it takes too long to fix everything for live play.

You paid for it. Fuck off with your pessimistic whinging.
It's not constructive and this isn't your blog.

klean already said this was just a meme patch. The real content drop is coming with interchange. Like actual new features.

its happening

What stung your asshole faggot.
I love the game but i will call it out its potential faults.

>muh constructive

Go to reddit, you'll get a lot of upboats for that kind of soyboy bullshit

I don't know why anyone would believe a single dev road map. They're always way too optimistic and never account for the shit hitting the fan.

>get shot at
>game fucking freezes up and I die with no chance to retaliate
>thinking it's because of my toaster PC
>watch a bunch of streamers
>happens to them too
How is this acceptable?

buy biggest version of game, farm for tbags, level up strength to 51 and become god of the hatchlings

>slav
>early access
>slav
how is this surprising?

They're the same fuckin gun dipshit.

They are only 70% same gun, dipshit.
Would you call M16 and M4 the same gun?

heh

does the vss contribute toward the sniper skill?

Yes

oh thank fucking god

no, in game it's considered a dmr not a sniper

It says sniper rifle when you inspect it

so what?
it gives dmr skill, not sniper skill

Shouldn't it say Designated Marksman Rifle if it uses the DMR skill?

Almost the same gun, Val is for tank crews and shit, meant to be folded up and hidden away, VSS has a fixed stock and lower rate of fire, it's for silently assassinating motherfuckers.

who knows
only guns that give sniper skill are sv-98 and dvl-10