What went wrong?

What went wrong?

The eternal Frog shut it down.

*the eternal s*rb

multiculturalism
all the individual cultures were nationalist and tried to get the parlement to favour their nation, so it was eternal poltical deadlock.

They would have broken apart even if they won ww1, but they might have done so on better terms.

All bullshit Entente mythology. Apart from the Serbs there wasn't really any massively popular nationalist movement.

was it even a power?

>Suffrage conditional on ability to read and write.
Monarchy beating democracy at its own game.

I dunno the Hungarians seemed pretty nationalistic

>the Austro-HUNGARIAN Empire

Stubborn, self-important Hungarians, greedy Czechs and stupid Serbs are mostly to blame.

Yeah there was deadlock, that was the main issue. There wasn't big independence movements, but each nationality obviously wanted a better deal for themselves within the empire rather than out of it. Lots of issues in the parliament because of that.

Hungarians were the worst, they vetoed the defence budget before World War I which could be argued massively contributed to the downfall.

If you don't understand the issues why should you have a voice?

nationalism + multiculturalism = ;(

Sort of, if arch Duke wasn't killed and Empire become more like a federation, as he intended to make it, it could survive. Most of the historians in my country agree with that, because what happened after was 100x worse for us. t. Croat

look at that mess and make up a way it could have gone right

Germanizing the slavs would have did it

>necroing a thread

What greedy thing did the Czechs do?

>necroing
>Veeky Forums

you misclicked, you meant to hit your Reddit bookmark

not even the Hungarian INDEPENDENCE party wanted to fully secede. AH was too good deal for Hungarians.

Yeah it seems like a good deal for everyone but the germans who had to keep pouring money into the smaller states.

Should bring it back desu.

You mean what went right?

They got serbed.