/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Previously on /dbfzg/: >DLC Pack 1 revealed:
i.imgur.com/833zlQV.jpg

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/KenXyro/status/968185473444319234
sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/android-21
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What if I play SS Vegeta because I liked him in the anime?

Ok honestly what the god damn fuck.

Is every crouch light slower than every standing light? I lose literally EVERY SINGLE time when both people are mashing lights. Every single time we land in front of each other I ALWAYS get fucking hit.

I do vanish? Get hit. They do vanish? I get hit. I don't fucking understand. Does standing light just beat low light every single time? I'm losing my fucking mind. Every one of my opponent gets away with shit that I get my anus torn apart for trying. Its infuriating. I've never once hit someone after they blocked my vanish even if I'm on the ground, yet I get fucked every time I try to push a button on their aerial vanish.

no one cares who you play, stop being a bitch.

>Vegeta is a low tier character

>guy's running his hardcore 16/vegeta/goku team with all the setups and near ToD's
Take that to ranked dudes. I'll see you there but right now I'm here in casual fuckin around with new characters not trying to take evo tonight.

Yes you dumb nigger

i haven't seen a good frieza yet

wheres this image from?

Dustloop, where else?

Yes, obviously. A lot of crouching lights are lows, therefore they have to be slower because otherwise you would never use standing light except on characters like Gohan.

You can also Reflect if you know they're mashing.

There's a really good chance the frame data on Dustloop isn't all accurate yet. Take it with a grain of salt.

Of course 5L is usually faster than 2L. It's interesting how many people playing this game have never played a real fighting game before.

>There's a really good chance the frame data on Dustloop isn't all accurate yet
>tfw Beerus doesn't even have frame data listed

Ask yourself this, why would a standing light which you can block high OR low be the same speed as a crouching light which you MUST block low? Of course the harder to block attack is going to be slower.

>It's interesting how many people playing this game have never played a real fighting game before.
It was literally one of their main objectives, making an accessible fighting game for a popular IP to get more newfags into fighting games.

Yeah, although really it doesn't matter if they make execution easy if your opponents still have enough room to execute better than you.

What really sold the game was that it looks fantastic and Dragon Ball is ludicrously popular, even with the normiest of normies.

From the Beerus discord. Hope this helps.

And yet they still managed to fuck it up with broken online features.

Oh boy I can't wait for them to patch the matchmaking long after 99% of the playerbase has given up on playing online and there are only like 30 people left anyway.

I don't think ArcSys was prepared to have a gaem that isn't ded.

That still doesn't explain shit like Ring Matches not working, or not just having a private match system that isn't convoluted and retarded.

16 and black are the funnest characters. Vegeta allows for interesting extensions that no one else allows. It sucks the pool is so small, but playing characters like Krillin are ZZZZZZzzzz

hes pretty bad, but krillins got some cool moves and tech you can use, he isn't boring by any means.

>funnest
>no Ginyu

>interesting

What character has really strong high low mixups. So far from what Ive seen only 16 has godlike overhead/low mixups. Every other characters overhead is like frame 50 or something

Just finished unlocking 21. I'm thinking either 16, 18, 21 or Trunks, 18, 21. Which would be better for someone new to this kind of game?

so how's the netcode

Good, but the servers are shit, if that makes any sense

Want me to know how I know you jerk off to hentai?

Man the stages in this game are ass.

Most of them are pretty good.

They're all iconic if anything, although I will admit that I don't like Rocky Field or Wasteland.

SonicFox has inspired me to embrace my inner furry. I am a furry and I am proud!

Here's my future team:
>Point: Beerus (my fursona and DB mascot)
>Mid: Yamcha (to express my inner wolf)
>Anchor: Broly (he's a big guy)

i could do without caverns and a second rocky field, and the crater in the wasteland stage could be smaller. But other then that they're fine, what we really need is more iconic stages, there are ton of really iconic places that aren't stages for literally 0 reason.

for you

>Anchor: Broly (he's a big guy)
Fur you?

Based

threads are dying

servers almost empty

no more hype

sonicfox

game is dead

I just like the Android line. Was gonna go 16, 17, 18 but 17 is just a partner character. Trunks is my favorite non-android so I am just having trouble choosing between a themed team or team of favorites.

Anyone know if you can see if you have a purple name or not? Jesus Christ, I've gotten so many lost connections and lobby errors.

this bros
capchads won

honestly the game is just fucking boring, it's literally just swapping combos.

Who is the most underrated character and why is it Teen Gohan?

Who should I pair with SS Goku and SS Vegeta?

>Dragon Ball FighterZ Patch Notes Translations
twitter.com/KenXyro/status/968185473444319234

New details. We're finally getting party invites and the anticipated stability improvements. Hopefully it all goes well.

real answer is Gotenks

broly and bardock will bring it back when they're released. Also it's not like this wasn't gonna happen, casuals love dbz but don't know how to play a regular fighting game, or even really want to. It was obvious that after some time there would be a large decrease. don't forget though, that just yesterday dbfz had way more viewers for the tourney then the other games, even the casual match views were bigger then some of the other games. It ain't dead.

Trunks or Adult Gohan. Or Freeza.

Anyone can work, those are just who I'd use with a SS goku/vegeta team.

>better stability
finally

This. People keep saying Gotenks is shit because of his reach and damage, but once people start seeing the gross shit he can do he'll get calls for nerfs, guaranteed. Drunken Chicken fucking merk'd a guy on stream on Saturday with nothing but basic Gotenks mixups. He barely used a third of the character's tricks and stomped a guy who had just won a match.

Gotenks is super fun to play as well. No idea how he'll shake out tier wise, but I'm going to be playing him either way.

see
even got a theme going

this sounds like a major balance change already. i think it means dragon rush is just going to whiff if you do it against someone you just snapped in

Lobbys are still full for me.
Or is this a meme.

so no more meaty dragon rush on incoming? bleh

how do i stop my opponent from vanishing when i have them in the corner

2H

Not him, but there have been plenty of times when I read that they were going to vanish and it either comes out on the wrong side and whiffs or doesn't come out at all and I get hit.

What pad do you all use?

>using pad

Anyone want to play? Ill play anyone. Im really good.

PS4, but I cannot stand it. I wish I could use my Logitech controller but the PS4 won't let me.

Which is fucked because the PS3 does.

Regular PS4 pad. Works the best. Nothing fancy required.

PS3

I've always been comfortable on default Dualshocks.

>Im really good.
Congrats, you guaranteed that anyone who might've wanted to play will never play you.

I meant it as to make people want to play me. Im not good at asking people to play.

Saturn model 2 is what I prefer

scrub here. Is there any youtuber who makes good guides for this game?

Why can't I use 3 Cells?

>youtuber

I don't give a damn anymore. I need guides

tfw want to play 21 but dont want to sit through story

Scrubguides on WoolieVs is a good place to start for true beginners. Not a complete series but he's going to put out more and what he does have should help.

welp, do i have bad news for you.

Rooflemonger

I use PS4. Just bought the new model ones and getting used to dpads that aren't worn in is giving me fucking blisters

just watch pro footage and do what they do

You can use 2 though

I wish l knew what to do with 21s absorbs. I know they all have to have utility, but the only ones I even bother going for right now is kamehameha and teleport

>no 21(good) or 21(evil) palletes
I want to be Cell sploched 21 damn it

fuck off immediately

I put together a hitbox.

I like stealing shield from 18 or cell. It is so handy

Objectively garbage advice.

Because uncontrollable cell growth is cancer.

it's complicated with some of them, but when you learn what to do it's great, the teleport makes her the best character in the game, almost no frame lag.

Perfect tier

This is honestly one of my biggest complaints about this game. All technical flaws and annoying shit aside I'm still mad we can't stack up characters like MVC2. Even if they only enabled it for local play I'd be satisfied, it's fun to fuck around with teams of clones when fighting friends.
>TFW imagining an all-Vegeta team

Any tips?

>TFW imagining an all-Vegeta team
Just wait for Saiyan Armor Vegeta

sorry i just know about how good it is, I don't play her. You can probably find some tech on youtube or shifting through twitter. Best I can do for you now is this link sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/android-21

You can in the party mode so everybody on a team can be their favorite character. It'd be neat to make it a separate mode, at least for combo video purposes. Vegeta could use his own assist twice to chain three supers together probably.

Although, you could always play a really popular character & Ginyu and be able to steal the same character in most games. I think it'd be pretty common for you to end up with 2 Blacks or 2 16s.

Now you will see the power of a true Sayain warrior

roflmao

DBFZ had 32,000 viewers for a LOCAL

Spooky was pulling 12k for casuals yesterday even.

underrated post

When I took the Mario Sunshine > Jive picture, Max alone had 4k watching DBFZ

There's this tiny cadre of samefags trying desperately to keep jive alive and it's literally not going to happen UNLESS we let it happen.

It all depends on YOU