/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 1.0.0 soon, 2.0.0-3.0.0 upcoming, 4.1.0 eventually (3.0.0 for Homebrew)
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Switch: switch.hacks.guide/
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481
[Feb 4] If you want to get into Switch hacking, this PoC exploit might be of interest to you. github.com/iDaN5x/Switcheroo
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for Nvidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console

>Vita
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/commit/0a399ea2c4537c9d8de08f81dd69f4dcae9cc50c github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm/commit/196e5b45961737b8b85854cf8412627e3ccfcddc

>PS4
[Feb 4] HABBEDING ALERT - FW 5.0 IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/comments/7v8p8q/volodymyr_pikhur_recon_2018_presentation_fw50/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/status/968232682105778177
crack.bargains/hax455.txt
github.com/ALEXZZZ9/PS4-5.01-WebKit-Exploit-PoC
hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide?p=ntrboot
twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/968465542779756545
froidromhacks.wordpress.com/2018/02/15/dragon-quest-builders-bljm61311-v0-9-english-patch-ps3/
dropfile.to/SMtagab
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>If your device is on a firmware version >=3.0.1, your best current option is to update to 4.1.0 (as it will receive CFW at the same time)
>Far future
fuck

Also

>PS4
twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/status/968232682105778177
crack.bargains/hax455.txt

4.07-4.55 soon

Given 5.50 is coming soon and confirmed ruins the 5.X exploit we can probably expect all 4.X exploits not too long after and possibly 5.X.
If you're on 5.03 then update now as you're screwed though.

I'm on 5.05 and just turned the internet off on my console and put the shit on ice. Will I be okay or am I likely going to be not using my PS4 for over a year?

Can someone tell me why exactly I can't hack a 4.82 slim, but can hack a 4.82 25xx model? What's the actual reasoning?

Sopa de maccaco Uma delicia

Only OFW 3.55 is exploitable. The 4.82 hack isn't a full system exploit in itself, it's just a downgrade to 3.55, it does what was already possible with hardware downgraders. 3.55 can only be run on older models of PS3, 3xxx slims and later can't run it.

If I have a 80gb ps3 that's on 4.82 can I downgrade it?

yea

shit i didn't know pixelbutts posts here

man, UMD ripping is slow.

lol the mixed info is torture

The Switch guide shows the DNS method of blocking updates. I will warn you that a DNS can go out like 1 out of 999 times, just depending on the host. They probably nominated a good one this time. It's not like the Switch checks every minute or even very often. Anyway the guide gets into it.

github.com/ALEXZZZ9/PS4-5.01-WebKit-Exploit-PoC

So if this gets ported down to 4.55 then we're set right? Just need to wait for the payloads to be updated?

Is it safe to buy one of these no matter the firmware? I'm here visiting and didn't even know about them. I have a new 3ds XL but it's usa. So I'm sure I can't do the system transfer hack.

comes with 11.4 so you would need to do magnethax

You would need magnethax.

How easy will it be to replace the Switch battery when they go bad?

Is there a good site for getting injected Wii games, or do i have to man up and learn how to do it myself?

There's also seedminer now if you have a decent gpu

I've got a PS4 with 4.05 firmware. Is there any guide for me to mod shit out of my PS4?

Is it safe to buy one of these no matter the firmware? I'm here visiti
I know I have an r4gold card. Is there a guide for This?

What's that?

Google "magnethax" and "seedminer" and see what comes up. Maybe add "3ds" in if the results are too vague.

hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide?p=ntrboot

>Boot Ultra Moon
>This happens
What to do? Other games work perfectly.

Rovazzi! What the fuck are you doing?

Who here comfy while waiting for PS3 3xxx/4xxx exploit release?

My new Switch will get CFW before my super slim.

Can I play PSX backup discs on my cfw PS3 25XX?

I wouldn't bother with Pokemon now since the latest update is a literal bomb for hackers now. Also luma version? Did you disabled the exception handlers? Also dump game or from freeshop?

I thought people who didn't have Pokemon got banned too

It was a new and precise ban for those who updated. Even "legit" user got banned after updating the game and playing for a while. There was a >reddit thread putting people on panic a week ago or so

Luma 9.0 / b9s / n3DS / FreeShop game (I have physical Ultra Sun but I haven't played it as I have the saves from the Ultra Moon leaked copy)
I disabled the exception handlers and now gives me an error and the 3DS just reboots.

i only show up for ps4 shit if theres something i can be first on. otherwise theres no reason to be here.

now if you'll excuse me im going to continue being fucking nuclear about losing that prototype steam machine auction

That's so wierd. Running the same shit and game and boots fine for me. Try downloading the game again.

I removed the game and updates, and downloaded them again - it didn't work.
I updated to 11.6, removed the updates and downloaded them again - it didn't work.
Now I removed the game and updates, and I'm downloadind them again from FreeShop to see if somehow that works, but I don't think so.
I don't care for Ultra Moon at all to be honest, but I don't want to redo everything on my Ultra Sun copy, as the game was already a drag.

HOLY SHIT WE ACTUALLY GOT 4.55 ON THE PS4 THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

we also got 5.01 webkit exploit so we can probably do more than just 4.55 now

dont update to any firmware until shit starts appearing for it or youll end up like the guys on 5.03 where theyre too high to do anything but wait for 5.05

Use Luma 7.1 for b9s. The link is in the pastebin in the OP.

Is it safe to update from 11.4 to 11.6 and do I need to turn any settings off or anything like remove the sd card or flash cart before I hit the update button? Is there any benefit to it, I don't want to lose the freeshop or anything. I used a r4i gold 3ds plus on n2dsxl if that helps.
When you guys say update do you only mean an update to the game or to the system firmware as well? Sorry I'm a bit new to this and didn't really know if updates are even made to 3ds games.

100% safe. OP literally says that though.

I'm a complete retard, I just had to update the no outlines mods to the last update.

Breaking news
twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/968465542779756545

>no kernel exploit

Useless.

>tfw 4.81 s-slim
>tfw want to play KZ3 and Demon's Souls cause servers switch off in 3 days
>read PSA that you should stay on 4.81 and dont upgrade to 4.82
>can't access PSN and multiplayer
Feels bad man

>3DS: 11.3
Mine is 11.2.0-35U, should i update it? it's been a while since do this.

The game itself.

no, as long as you have luma and b9s compatible with 11.2, its the dream firmware

I'm trying to get Dragon Quest Builders Ps3 in English using the fan made patch.
I found rips of the pre-patched game at 0.7v but it's sorta buggy, I've been trying for hours to patch the original game rip using the 0.9v patch to fix minor issues but I'm not having any luck.

Here's a link to the project.
froidromhacks.wordpress.com/2018/02/15/dragon-quest-builders-bljm61311-v0-9-english-patch-ps3/

Does anybody have or can provide a 0.9v rip?

oh shit they're up to v9? I was going to tell you to just grab the premade v7 one otherwise, I'm interested in that myself so i'll have a play about.
I hope i kept the orignal files though.

Only update it if you hacked already. Otherwise you will have to pay to hack.

Please keep me posted, I cant ind an original RIP that the patch works well with

I've managed to delete my original pkgs like an imbecile so i'm gonna regrab the game real quick.
Might end up making an update patch from .7 - .9 for convenience, you'd think they would do that but can't be choosers etc.

Is new 3ds kirby game dead? Can't find any players in ranked.

For anyone whos checked lately, whats the latest titles on freeshop? I'm seeing like 6 pokemon crystals in various languages with kirby battle royale and battleminerz

What does this means? I know nothing of the PS4 scene, but I hope this means 5.01 is getting closer.

>needing patches
jesus christ man

Apparently the 5.01 webkit exploit works on 5.05 too

Thanks lad.

>want ps4 hax
>also want to play with friends
shit's a real struggle would be easier if I didn't have ps+
also is connecting your vita to psn for p4g safe? never played a persona game and it told me there are some network options that might come in handy

Get 2 ps4s then.
I use the pro for normal shit and the testkit for my anything else

Honestly since i got an actual income and stopped being a poor college student, i don't feel the same urge to pirate shit anymore (as long as it's more convenient to buy the games and play them instead of having complicated manipulation with risks of brick and shit like that). But if you can't decide buy 2 ps4

sorry for not being fluent in japanese

who said i was either
you dont need language to play a game

Why is the xbox one scene non existent lol

Try this one, it's a v7 to v9 patch.
dropfile.to/SMtagab
I had to download the psn version in the end, let it update then work with that. I imagine the v7 eboot patches will work just fine because it's rejecting my existing orig.bin anyway.
How fucking tedious amirite.

>you don't need language to play a game

tell me how i play all my nipponese games to completion then

You're a lifesaver, let's hope this works after I convert it to ISO

I respect your autism, more power to you my tomodachi.

which version of sd2vita is the recommended? I'm seeing a v5 white, has it been tested?

It's working fine for me, i should probably send that to the team as well.
The eboot patch being for the .elf seems infinitely more tedious, my games playing fine with the v7 version so that can fuck off if it thinks i'm extracting the elf.
I don't know what that note about needing multiman to play the game is for, mine works fine as a ripped folder.

>dude, buy the same console twice so you can buy games on one and pirate on the other
What the literal fuck is the point when you're just going to buy the games worth playing, you literal mouth breathing cuntfucks. You're not a pirate. You're just a wagecuck with disposable income to waste on needless shit. How autistic do you have to be to not wait a few months to get everything for free? Just go play something else in the meantime.

>v5
There are 5 versions already?
I only know of three, the original version, an improved one with a mSD slot that lets you eject by pushing (with a smiley on its back) and the one that has the shape of a Vita card.
What are the other two?

U DA MAN

To be honest, I passed Pokémon and the zelda games as a Mexican 10 year old who knew no English.

Is there a way to use save states for GBA games on 3DS?

I did this but I'm lending my friend the updated switch.

I mean english isn't my first language either and I had to put up with a lot of games being untranslated as a kid but there's difference between stuff I can read and pick up on and mysterious unreadable rune garbo, can't blame a guy for not wanting to play his games in japanese or russian or any other alien speak

know its /hbg/ but anyone know where deepfakes went after leddit got shutdown?

I hope that's not your actual PS4 collection.

My digital collection is better. All my money goes to hardware

>that fucking snake pit of cables
>those autism cubes

Wait so updating the new Pokémon games gets you banned? Kek, god they're so awful.

Gen 5 was peak.

Rubix cubes are tight though. You had me looking around the picture of fidget cubes or some shit.

its fun to live on the edge. theres more in the closet. systems included.
a lot of the things in that image are worth some good money believe it or not.

I really need to dig my xbox out the cupboard, i have never blasted the fans the poor bastard must be caked.
I know the x2 bios is up to date but i shudder at the thought of how old the dash and shit must be.

I played it yesterday, and I was able to find other people between intervals of seconds. It's not dead.

By the way, Whip is for cancer tryhard faggots.

>fidget cubes
on the top of my desk theres a full metal fidget spinner that cut my hand a few times. dont buy chinese weebshit from cons. it'll fuck you up
ill have you know my hobby is fun if you want to learn some engineering tricks that evolved since the 70s

just hotswap and throw on unleashx like i did. do an hdd upgrade while youre at it

no one knows for sure what is causing the bans

>Gen 5 was peak.
I remember playing White shortly after it came out and losing interest almost immediately after the third gym. I haven't bought a Pokemon game since, but I still go back and play through Gens 1-4 from time to time.
When did the Gen 5 games start to get good?

Where the fuck is the 4.55 webkit exploit

At this rate, we'll have PS4 4.55 CFW and real Wii U coldboot before our Super Slims get anything worth while.
Nope, this will be very useful for 4.55, its the only public user mode exploit we know of that can get ported to it. Once it is, 4.55 has full CFW.

I think it's running evox and the drive was upgraded a long time ago i just never updated any of the software back in the day, it was all about acquiring game isos, trainers and the most tasteless, lewdest themes i could find.
I just downloaded a bios disc off TPB a few years back and let it update whatever the fuck was on the chip at the time, went from unknown bios to a named one so thats something.

What about 5.0X

>tfw updated for MHW
I won't do it again I swear I'll sit on it like a good boy this time

i have a copy of DoaX with the nude mod if you need it as well as 2 for the 360

don't you play that shit for online though?

CFW won't have online on PS4

You can play it single player, but multiplayer can make hunts go by a lot quicker