/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics and more!

/sthg/ #1224 - Aloha Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q33JepwdaoU
youtube.com/watch?v=x6s_sfoccFE
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdadN0AkFPH828FXhmA_jwA9WKVdC2T5PPR9ctJlnYBIYZ7Fw/viewform?usp=sf_link
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I fucking hate you all.

I wish that Shadow was real

He's real in your heart, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q33JepwdaoU

this is the winners thread, 1227babs need not apply

I'm still mad Surfer Shadow isn't real.

Sonic eats too many chillidogs.

post cursed images

youtube.com/watch?v=x6s_sfoccFE

So next thread is 1228, right?

>BRRAAAAAGH BRAAAAAGH BRAAAAAAAAAAGHs your path

No, it's either 1301 or numberless.

Next thread is #1330

>lets just forget 2250 posts were made this week.

if you arent a brainlet, yes

Looking like it's #1225 to me, user.

Oh for fuck sakes, here we go again...

Numbered threads were a mistake.

I'm not forgetting any posts, I'm just fixing the thread count relatively speaking

>i'm not forgetting any posts
nice meme

Me too.
I wish hedgehogs were real...

Literally /ksg/ tier autism

Not like anything of value is lost.

No more numbered threads.

No more milestones.

The retards can't handle them.

Yeah, ok, you have fun pretending then.

I don't mind numbered threads or milestones, but these fags need to stop giving a shit what number we're on (& in the process of trying to "correct it," fuck the actual numbering up even more).

this. Op's probably the guy that made that new thread that lasted for 2 whole days in mina 1222

meaning ANYTIME one SINGLE user makes a little meme in the op he's gonna do it again. And start this garbage all over.

Cause funposting never exists in Veeky Forums right?

Based and robust thread count. Well done, OP.
I like how thread numbering was never a problem until the Mina milestone. Suddenly, everyone is screaming and sperging out over how we need to GET RID OF THREAD NUMBERING AND MILESTONES ALTOGETHER, all because the current number doesn’t correlate to their autistic headcanon.

>Pokemon memeface
Underage detected. Please go back to where you came from.

nah pretty sure its this guy.

The autism is people who think the Mina thread "didn't count".

You can tell from their posts that those people aren't functional human beings.

I don’t make new threads. I just try to get the numbering back on track.

Actually, there were some arguments over what thread number /sthg/ was on in the past. Thing is, it only lasted a few posts then died down because most people accepted that the thread count is inaccurate regardless. Like during Winter 2016 & threads were getting deleted left & right.

Which makes what's happening now even more autistic, when what only mattered for one day is now being dragged out for almost half of a fucking week.

Both sides of the argument are wrong, no matter what number we use & it's stupid to care for this long about something so insignificant. Move on already, you autists.

I don't know what's more autistic, caring this much about thread numbering or caring this much about other anons who care about thread numbering.

The numbering was already off and Tails didn't earn his milestone, so we may as well trash the system. Milestones were only fun when they were spontaneous instead of some autistic popularity contest.

Voting was a fucking mistake.

Like it or not, /mtmg/ is what started this shitshow.

this is now a thread about hating sanic adventure/sanic 06

It's stupid no matter what, but people are desperate to shitfling over something, so whatever.

Anyways, let's actually talk about Sonic: What were your thoughts on the DIMPS Sonic games? From the Advance trilogy, to Sonic 4, etc.

this is now a thread about hating Sonic 2

LC-kun is trying so hard to divert attention away from the thread number discussion and back to shitposting about anything that isn’t Sonic 2, but it’s not going to work.

Sonic was never good

>wah wah wah
literally u
this
this
this
caring is autistic
sonic 2 is perfect u mong
im just trying to talk about video games with my anonymous online friends itt
coudlnt of said it better myself

It may not have had a number, but it was a thread that hit the bump limit and included regular /sthg/ discussion.
What constitutes moving on for you? Ignoring the current thread number or correcting it?

Meant to add: What was your favorite handheld Sonic game from the Gameboy Advance era, what was your least favorite?

The second one is easily more autistic.

Numbering threads and milestones also results in the obnoxious threads during the milestone voting period and before the milestones themselves. It's a cancerous tumor that needs to be cut off.

>Numbering threads and milestones also results in the obnoxious threads during the milestone voting period and before the milestones themselves. It's a cancerous tumor that needs to be cut off.

Exactly this. The fucking Tails voting and the shitstorm around it was cringy asf

3/7 not bad

SHUT UP ABOUT THREAD NUMBERS
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Okay, no more numbering threads from now on. Problem solved, right?

Moving on to me means going back to actually talking about Sonic the fucking Hedgehog. You know, the whole purpose of this general?

Personally speaking, I loved Sonic Advance, Sonic Battle & even parts of Advance 2. One thing, more than anything else about the Advance games that annoyed me was how much each game degraded from the previous.

Well, that & the stupid-ass ways of getting the Emeralds. The shit with Amy in Advance 2 was so fucking stupid, especially when she was a playable character in Sonic Advance.

they're sonic fans, something was always wrong with them

Advance 1 is the best one, 4 is the worst and I never played the Rush titles

06 and Adventure are literally the same awful shit. SA1 killed sonic as a franchise, and 06 killed Sonic as a character. Both are exactly the same shitty game.

Kill yourself

Obviously

They are all shit because they have """Modern""" Sonic. Advance 1 is the closest to the gameplay and physics of the superior Genesis games like Sonic 2. However, it's rendered meaningless because it features the """Modern""" designs and is on a shitty Soytendo handheld.

>memefaces

>Mario Roleplay

I’ll take the thread number meltdown over shitposts like the one above me.

LC-kun's boyfriend, go to bed.

4 was heavily disappointing, but I will at least give Dimps credit in that the sequel was an improvement. In some ways, I kinda wanted to see how Episode 3 would turn out, but alas, the Sonic 4 name was completely fucked by Episode 2.

I'd take neither

Just turn it into a game and try to get them to respond to (you) as much as possible

No, LC-kun.

Do you ever let it get to you, /sthg/?

Yes, and?

No, I'm just gonna creep

YEAH ROUGE
SHE'S SEXY AND SMOOTH

No, I’m just gonna chuckle. Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost Knuckles.

So that's what Wild Woody's been upto lately.

Can Wild Woody draw up a good 3d Sonic game?

yes and

What will it take to make Sega give this man a call? It’s been 16 years since they hired him, he’s been in and out of jail, he still loves Sonic games and is still making Knuckles raps for the fans to this day. No musician has shown as much loyalty to the series as Hunnid-P.

Not even fucking Bentley Jones has bothered to do anything Sonic-related since Sega dropped his faggot ass all those years ago.

>What will it take to make Sega give this man a call?
Iizuka finally biting the bullet and doing Adventure 3. It'll be a carbon copy of 2 in every way including new Hunnid-P raps for Knuckles.

But Sonic Adventure 3 already came out in 2006 and they used Akon and Zebrahead instead of Hunnid-P.

Lets end it once and for all.
No matter what this poll is final

At 650 posts its finalized someone screencap it at that point so everyone can see

When its decided any future thread striving off the post number will be ignored.

Didn't add a no number thread choice cause even tho it'd be a cool choice, someone probably would rig it and most people like the numbers. And that wouldn't be fair. I could care less about what thread is next tho, but lets stop this. Vote.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdadN0AkFPH828FXhmA_jwA9WKVdC2T5PPR9ctJlnYBIYZ7Fw/viewform?usp=sf_link

>he’s been in and out of jail
u dont hav to say it. we can see his skin color
>and is still making Knuckles raps for the fans to this day
what an autist. dumb fag shoud of figured out when to quit
>No musician has shown as much loyalty to the series as Hunnid-P.
tomoya ohtani, jun sunoue, etc. just becuz u dont know any of their names dont mean they doesnt exist

I said carbon copy of 2 not 1

Don't reply to LC-kun

Hunnid-P being brought back would be cool, but only if they have him do Knuckles theme in the game. Hell, have Crush 40 do another song for the series, since Jun still works at SEGA.

Kek. You don't make the rules, people will decide for themselves which threads they make and use. Your poll means literally nothing, not to mention that polling helped put us in this situation to begin with.

If it was a carbon copy of 1, where was all the hair metal and ‘80s power ballads?

By 650 posts I mean when this thread reaches 650 posts.

Majority rules kid. We'll never reach #1230 at this point

1's soundtrack was much more varied than 2's.

Maybe it doesn’t matter if we never reach #1230. Thread counts are arbitrary and autistic.

thanks

>Let's decide on numbers
>B-but you can't vote for no numbers because people like them.
You want /sthg/ to decide something, but deny them every possible choice because SOME people will get hurt feelings. And how the fuck do you know that some people won't just rig the other choices? You're a hypocrite. You should unironically kill yourself you waste of oxygen.

Alright, so I'm starting to put together what the actual thread number is & so far, a rough estimate is 1,376 threads.

Far from 100% accurate so take it with a grain of salt, but it's what I got so far.

I think you need to take a break if you're getting this bent out of shape.

No, you speedreading autist.

I dont care if someone rigs either side since I could care less about thread counts. Numbers have been here for 1220+ threads and someone is already counting them so they'll STILL be here.

1228 or 1225 or maybe a canon count of ALL existing threads, i dont care what gets rigged, as long as it ends.

Nvm, i stopped caring. Night /sthg/

Also the fact that if someone rigs a no number choice, 1220+ threads are gone for everyone

Someone rigs 1225 we're on a steady track.
Someone rigs 1228 we're on a steady track.

On Ian's podcast, he said that SEGA wants steer Amy away from the stalker/obsessive fangirl trope now. What do you think changed their minds? Perhaps, they saw the positive reception her Boom portrayal got?

Nobody’s arguing that. The rap, pop punk, trip-hop, industrial metal, butt rock, funk, jazz fusion, samba, rumba, soul, etc. of SA2 was boring. I just want my guitar solos back.

Either Boom, or they just realized that you don't have to make Amy so overbearing with her crush on Sonic to let us know she likes the dude.

The positive reception where Boom was effectively canceled?

They have already toned it down heavily in recent games. I assume it's because it made people hate her and she still hasn't recovered from it.

Rude

Meant to add: I imagine Sonic Boom's lasting impact on the series, if nothing else, would be Sticks & maybe SEGA deciding that they can tone down Amy's crush on Sonic a little. And I guess the voice direction for the characters, now.

Jun has really been absent in the 2010s. I miss his guitar playing

>just wanted to cause more shitposting
You'll note my lack of surprise.

He did Infinite's theme. Crush 40 hasn't made music in awhile

Next will be thread #1

Boom Amy is overrated in my opinion but I'll take her over X Amy any day.

this

Funny way to say #0

Yeah, X Amy had some cute moments & all but she could be pretty insufferable at times.

It was rude, but the Boom brand honestly didn’t do much to influence the series, other than potentially serving as a template for what not to do at Sega in the future, considering how badly it bombed. All Boom really did was streamline and sterilize the characters and their personalities so that they fit nicely into 11-minute chunks. It’s nothing more than lazy, surface-level writing with a few nods and in-jokes peppered throughout.
Boom Amy is the stereotypical strong female lead that tries to appeal to little girls but doesn’t really end up appealing to anybody.

>2 choices
>No Shadow MileStone vote for 1230

I-its not fair

>most people like the numbers
Most people don’t care about the numbers.