www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>2.0 Patchnotes:
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-105-2-0-cherryh-patch-notes.1069794/
>2.0 tech tree
imgur.com/lEybGx7.jpg
>Pastebin(mostly outdated):
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133959816
youtube.com/watch?v=LLWM_bxcZLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I WILL NOT BE KEKED OUT OF REMINDING YOU JUST HOW FUCKING SHIT CURRENT PATCH IS

just fuck my shit up

Completely forgot about Stellaris 2.0

Has it made the game worth playing again?

That precious and pristine booty of yours isn't ready for the wrath that will overcome it...

2.0 is a rework which desperately needs a rework.

Disregard memeposters. 2.0 Is a big improvement over 1.9. The game plays better now. Blobbing is more strategic. Defense matters. Where you station your fleets matter. However, there are many bugs and oversights as to how old system work with the new ones. A hotfix and then a balancing patch are upcoming. Overall the game is better but buggy.

>2.0 is a rework which desperately needs a rework.

Business as usual then, thanks user. Discovering Anno made me forget - I'll just continue with that.

гopaциo!

Okay nvm, I'll wait for the balancing patch and try agian.

you need to go smaller

Will it be possible to download the hotfix off of GOD for example, or will I have to redownload the entire game with my third world internet?

Give me Civ 6 mods

Those borders are giving me PTSD

>try to go back and play alpha centauri again because beyond earth is trash
>it's just too clunky for me to enjoy after playing games nearly 20 years newer

literally just re-release it with a better ui and some updated sprites or whatever and you'd rake in the nostalgia bucks, god damn

>Have never played Alpha Centauri
>Play it
>Can't understand shit
Modern games have spoiled me but in a good way

How do you play tall empires in Stellaris 2.0?
Current plan is
>research and unity focused bio pops
>gaia world start
>get robutts ASAP for more minerals
>Do a synth colony if any mineral bonus planets that are 20+ are found
>focus on energy generation for artisan/science dudes
>get as much influence as possible so you can pick and choose where to build outposts instead of conga lining them, only get those needed to block chokepoints, massive minerals/energy/research systems, etc
>Get voidborne ASAP for more science (I need to calculate at what size a planet is more efficient)
>Get galactic wonders ASAP for even MORE science, dyson sphere for the matter conversion buildings as well as terraforming to gaias

Some things I'm considering; Going android (first level of synth ascension but not 2nd since the research boosts are worse. Can you still genetically engineer androids?)
Going xenophobe militarist materialist and vassalizing everything I can for free resources
Can you destroy outposts? I'm only aware of downgrading.
Going genetic engineering ascension, making slave pops, releasing "slave empires" after they're set up to produce minerals with what would otherwise be your cores for lower efficiency but no penalty to unity/research
Anything big I missed considering?

I remember playing it when I was 11 and not knowing shit and just cheating my way around it so I could watch the secret project movies and shit.

>Anno
good taste and actual economic system. Just avoid 2205

Is the tech penalty for having more shit
1. a good idea at the most basic level
2. logical in any way
3. worth not scrapping entirely

Ability for spiritualist empires to fully shed their corporeal forms and become shroud creatures when?

>Real life
The vast majority of scientific output in history is from superpowers
>4x games
The vast majority of scientific output is independently discovered by microstates first, then 10-50 years later moderate powers, then superpowers

On some level it makes mild sense because there'd be diminishing returns due to research stations being spread out, having your teams spread over interstellar distances, general waste inherent to most huge enterprises, etc

as it is in the game it just makes playing a wide empire suck shit

What are you trying to show me I don't understand?

>discovery tradition rush and tech ascendancy for easy 20% speed
>diplomacy tradition second for federations and make fed asap
>only get systems with good planets, black holes, or really good research bonuses
>spam habitats

Instead of that just remove the player's empire but let them have console control so you can trigger events when and how you like

1. if you can upgrade it with tech, it's allowed to use tech. if not, then not
2. imagine it as spending resource points for those upgrades
3. >
So the meta is to get in a federation, feed other members your systems, then snipe-claim enemy systems and force status quo to get them?

4x games aren't meant to emulate real life, they're basically just really advanced board games (and there's nothing wrong with that)

the problem is what people want out of stellaris is a space empire roleplaying simulator, not a jumbled mess of GS and 4x mechanics that make no sense in that context

This happened with me with Civ 3 and 4. I used to be a god at Civ 4. I would Lan with my two best friends and they knew that if I ate just one A.I. Empire I would spiral out of control so they would both declare war on me immediately the second I went to war and I would still win. Now? I get my shit pushed in like its nothing.

I wish their ingame purging mechanics worked just as well as in their forums

thanks doc

Paradox forums are 1984 tier
Remember HOI4 pre-release threads where people bitched about the horrible 3d models and the lack of counters?

oy vey the six hundred bugs shoah!

>3 federations totaling 11 empires started a galactic world war
>Inward perfectionist sitting back at the very edge of the galaxy, hoarding megastructures, watching rest fight each other and enjoying all these cool new shroud interactions

Feels really good. Nice to see that the patch changed both shroud into something more interesting and made federations behave more aggressively.

>enemy systems with planets
forgot most important part

I want to fuck wiz guys

I was playing with my friend earlier and we got to year 2320 without anything interesting happening and thinking we need to boost it from very hard to insane.

Right now we're fighting a 2 way war with two empires that are superior to us individually while theres an even bigger non FE empire behind them that is expanding into their territory that we'll have to fight at some point, who's fleet power is overwhelming across the board.

I think thats actually what got me banned. I posted a reply to a comment that said "I don't think we can trust Wiz's statement on AI not cheating."

And I replied with something like "yeah, of course we can trust Developer "we have QA teams" Wiz."

pretty certain thats what got me banned.

I want to fuck Horatio guys

Its logical in a way UNDER THE ASSUMPTION that there is not at or near instant FTL communications. With your labs being so far away it means their all working on the same stuff. We get what we get on earth in the late 1800's and early 1900's. A guy in england a guy in american and a guy in france all invent basically the same exact thing and more or less the same exact time. This is incredibly wasteful.

Once telephone networks and even more so internet took off? Our science output SKYROCKETED. Having more labs ment faster tech period because they can immediately communicate their discoveries with each other and work together.

In real life if there is FTL communication having more shit means more tech faster. Period.

>Contingency infiltrators blewed up my strongest starbase
>I specially groomed it to get Citadel of Death achievement
Well, that's just isn't fair
One fucking unavoidable even and everything needed to be star from the start

trigger warning

In Stellaris is anyone else encountering a bug where they cant move their fleets in enemy territory? I keep getting "There is no available path to the selected system" when its literally the next system over. I can get around it with jump drives and just jumping in but its getting really annoying. It also seems that with time it works normally since the first time it happened I just went to a different system and later on I could move normally.

Yeah, they shipped broken mechanics that basically nullified the main purpose of buying the Utopia DLC. I'd like to know how that conversation went in their weekly meeting. They still haven't hotfixed it. What a fucking joke.

Having FTL drones that can cross the galaxy in a month or so seems perfectly reasonable
They'd just need a hyperdrive, a drone core to control it and store the messages, and everything else focused on going fast in realspace. Make them as tiny as possible, and have loads at every jump point. They'd jump, cross the system in few hours or so, and jump again. If fuel is a problem then they can switch the task to a fresh drone and then be refueled and maintained.
Basically space pony express.

What chooses the color of the boundary line? I thought it would be the secondary color of the nation but that's not it.

Balkanization is so lovely in Stellaris. I could fap to splitting my nemesis empire into multiple small fragments that all hate each other.

Elaborate please

>I just go autocracy because I can't be bothered to shuffle around leaders except for tech bonuses or game elections

all empires that pop up after the game start are black with white borders.

Better idea. Set up drones at every hyperlane that ONLY jump. When they reach their destination they just transmit the information to the next drone that jumps. BAM no need for all that wasted time traversing the system.

>nullified the main purpose of buying the Utopia DLC
Not really, and even if they did it would've been a good thing

I want to get into 4X games but I am not really interested in civilization. What is your guys opinion on Endless Legends? For Beginners and in general I mean.

>Got to wait ONE more year and hope they do something to make governments more interesting
>I already know they're going to fuck it up anyway

They broke purging in 2.0 -- you don't receive any resources from purging pops. Plus it actually costs you food as they purge now, so basically Devouring Swarm, Fanatic Purifier, and Determined Exterminator playstyles are fucking useless

I'm a fucking idiot
I thought of that, but then I said "they can go FTL why would they do that?" despite that making no sense.
Yeah that would obviously be much better.

>Endless Legends
Uninspired garbage
I don't know how it was even possible to steal everything from the Falls from the Heaven 2 and still end up with such boring game

>not really interested in civilization
Maybe try Varg's P&P

They just need to steal galciv3 diplomacy screen, I wonder why no one did.
The only good thing about entire fucking game

Playing one-planet, My egalitarianism faction died overnight killing my influence gain. I'm one tradition away Galactic Wonders (science nexus). Do I embrace the xenophile faction? their demands are insane.

Switch to democracy, set up welfare. Your pops will switch to egalitarianism very quickly.

Bretty good game, no idea how hard it's for beginners because I'm a fast learner.

Refugees Welcome

You can get like +35% to all research with robots on a machine world, so could AI empires be more efficient for tall empires?
What's the max happiness bonus? Organics can get +10 all from traits, +15 to one from traits, and then happiness, so even if it's 15 or 20 they're going to be overall worse. I guess influence bonuses could make up for it, factions can get you a lot of influence which could let you keep the science one up permanently. That's what, +20?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133959816

This mod was fun until it broke hopefully the modder fixes it for 2.0.

Do you HAVE to be a xenophobe or an authoritarian to get vassalize CB?

>A guy in england a guy in american and a guy in france all invent basically the same exact thing and more or less the same exact time. This is incredibly wasteful.
No, it was the most prolific period of science ever, because one guy found out something no one else did even though they were all working on the same thing, and then eventually shared it.

i think a tech penalty is ok but it needs to be at least 1/4 of what it is now.
unity should follow pops like before.

Tech should only be impacted by number of planets

Unity should only be impacted by number of pops that are actual citizens of your empire.

Have you tried asking for them to become your vassal, then declare war?

>space factory

>Tech should only be impacted by number of planets
Why does having a strip mined world make it harder for research teams on the capital to function?

You get it from opening the domination tree, yeah?

Any kind of gameplay that punishes the player for playing as he is expected to play is retarded.
If you really want to make tall viable, you should try to find ways to reward players for going tall, not punishing them for going wide.

No, why would I try that?

Because that's how you get the casus belli

If you have good bastions at every chokepoint to neutral territory, can you let pirate stations just fester and keep throwing ships at you or will something bad happen?

>drills, mining ways and refining techniques materialize out of thin air

If you were making a 4x, what would you include? What would you try to change?

Personally I'd like a game where around mid-game you can start changing the terrain.

Nothing bad will happen. Wiz is a retard.

it abstractly represents a logistical inefficiency of having things spread out.
its fine if the penalty isnt too big, like 5% (i think what it is now?)

Nothing
This is exactly how you stop expanding

>Introduce a mechanic that punishes players for expanding.
>Also introduce a mechanic that punishes players for not expanding.

But you won't be getting that 80-300 energy/minerals reward if you don't go kill the base.

>Wiz still hasn't responded to the AI cheating claim

Some way to make managing wide empire harder without doing it by giving penalties to shit. Perhaps some kind of corruption system where the mayors of far-off cities start pocketing the nation's money if you don't constantly deal with it.
Combine this with some kind of prosperity system where well-managed nations become rich and poorly managed nations stay poor.
Research is done by research teams and the teams' efficiency depends on how prosperous the nation is. This way it's possible for rich+tall empires to beat poor+wide empires but rich+wide empire would be the strongest and at the same time also the hardest to achieve.

Maybe the setting should be space sci-fi or like endless legend instead of civ-style.

I miss Sins of the Solar Empire, they had the coolest ship designs, specially the advent faction. Nothing can top space angels. Stellaris designs are bland as fuck.

>punished for not expanding
???

I'm doing this, and there's basically no cosequence besides being slightly annoyed when the game informs you of a hostile fleet inside your system.

Pirates.

pirates from one base will predictably attack one system in preference.
if you can find out which one and defend it alls good

>AI cheating claim

What?

you just have to let someone else own it

sins was great, but it's so dated now. I can't get back into it.

Stellaris Habitat builders:

Buildings from the Worm-in-waiting quest can be placed on the habitat, along with buildings like Paradise Dome or Symbol of Purity.
The new Matter Replicator can be placed on habitats too
You can trigger the Worm-in-waiting quest by repeatedly entering/exiting the same black hole with a science vessel.

>Actually
It's the little things

>expecting him to respond to something he has no way to worm out of.
Wiz is a narcissistic liar, you can tell that clearly from his responses.
He will simply ignore any proof that proves he lied.

well, wide penalties represent that inefficiency.
this can be solved simply or complicatedly. its stellaris so we wont get the complicated one.
the simple solution is to have non permanent ways to mitigate the penalty such as leaders.

>Literally every voiceline is pure sex
youtube.com/watch?v=LLWM_bxcZLI

>tfw no Sins of a Solar Empire 2

I was physically sick irl, fuck you

>paradrones

Is there an FTL snare there?
Can't escape until you destroy it