/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 1st of March:
1565 – The city of Rio de Janeiro is founded.
1781 – The Continental Congress adopts the Articles of Confederation.
1796 – The Dutch East India Company is nationalized by the Batavian Republic.
1815 – Napoleon returns to France from his banishment on Elba, start of the Hundred Days.
1845 – United States President John Tyler signs a bill authorizing the United States to annex the Republic of Texas.
1917 – The Zimmermann Telegram is reprinted in newspapers across the United States after the government releases its unencrypted text.
1953 – Joseph Stalin suffers a stroke and collapses; he dies four days later.
1956 – Formation of the East German Nationale Volksarmee.
1966 – The Ba'ath Party takes power in Syria.
1981 – Provisional Irish Republican Army member Bobby Sands begins his hunger strike.
1992 – Bosnia declares its independence from Yugoslavia.

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

1st for moravians will be soon ded

Second for based G&T user making his own mod

Anyone play the Elder Kings mod? Who is fun to start for a first playthrough?

id like to but fuck their svn bullshit, they should just make a release

Friendly reminder that /gsg/ stands for /grand shitposting general/

Anyone Human, I would recommend someone strong in Skymeme. Non-humans are a pain in the ass to play.

Crusader Kings 2 question here. I got an independent kingdom and my cousin is duke under a foreign king. So, if my cousin inherits comes the duchy along with him or does it stay with his former liege?

i really need to find a planet with duranium asap
im dumping some automated mines on an asteroid with 6000 but that obviously isnt going to be good enough, once earth is depleted i need a regular populated colony to move all the regular mines to
probably gonna need to build dozens more cargo ships to the big move too and thats going to cost a shitload of duranium on its own

duchy will be independent

>1st of March
It's still the 28th in Australia retard

pls come back rangerage all is forgiven

So I get basically both the duchy and the kingdom? Thanks.

yep

and i forgot to re activate my fuel refineries and now i dont even have a big enough stock pile to refuel one exploration vessel, great

make missiles dumb hum*Noid

The heartlands obviously.
It's actually very convenient to uodate using the svn client. Only crashed 3 times during download.

these are from the last time i played. i think they were relatively decent, i'll post the design of one if you want
honestly you should make tons of small ships with box launchers that you can build really quickly.
then just overwhelm the ayy's PD

right, i forgot about that
i guess that will be my next priority

Woohooh. It worked. Well, he could have waited for me to die of old age instead of throwing me off my observatorium.

>g*rm
should have never answered

_______________shut the fuck up____________

Raus aus meinem Thread, Bernd.

some mighty fine illustrations
thanks for the advice, i can use all i can get im sure

If it makes you feel better I play most of the other games in english just because. Tend to forget that some people here don´t like german posters. Thanks either way.

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

Stop gangstalking me

Anyone done an Icelandic CK2 run? How did it go? Is conquering England and France viable?

ah yes yes here are the designs

along with Father Coughlin

You mean Faden, right? Do learn the jargon before the order, would you? Well, I´ll be back.

In camouflage.

thanks a bunch, looks like its time to start really getting my militairy shipyards into shape

>submod
FTFY

>This day in history, 1st of March:
it's february 27

That would have been bowing to the cancer that is Krautchan. On 4chin its a thread, even in German

When will niggermod update?

ALMSIVI

Does the Tribunal have any special mechanics in the elder scrolls mod?

>Bayern
mein neger

29th this month

Do any of the CK2 dlcs expand the map? The Aztec one just adds a stupid ahistorical Aztec invasion to Europe, right? It doesn't let me actually play as ancient Aztecs in the Americas?

I wish they made an Africa expansion. I want to play as some tribal leader become warlord of Africa.

>I want to play as some WE WUZ KANGZ

india and asia have both been added i believe

the only african nations worth mentioning during that time perior are all in north africa

More like I just want to play as "WE WUZ SPEARCHUCKING TRIBE AND INVADED ANOTHER SPEARCHUCKING TRIBE"

You can play up to Tibet and India in the east and Ethiopia in the "south west". Aside from that, it´s just up to Iceland like before.

t. /r/the_donald or /pol/ as you call it

you must not know much about the history of africa

educate yourself

I am white

I am based

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
check the pastebin my dude

>playing as Vikings in CK2
>realize that all my titles get split up amoungst my kids when I die
>mfw I have 5 sons

What do I do? I almost have all of Norway, and its gonna fragment. Should I try to assassinate all but one of them?

Is there anyone here that is proficient and still enjoys playing ck2?
I'm so tired of the ridiculous number of CB's and just in general idiotic gameplay, every time some ai kingdom loses a war 3-4 other entitites declare war on it, the HRE always ends up blobbing into France/North africa with its 80k levies

Am I just a jaded asshole or is it actually not fun anymore

You can't just kill your kids!

ezpz

are there any modern day mods for DH that still work/are being updated?

CK2 always sucked, you just didn`t want to admit it to yourself until now
t. truthspeaker

>>/r/paradoxplaza
Return from whence you came

Yeah but i used to enjoy it a bit more 2-3 years ago, now its just unfun and feels like a chore, the character traits don't influence how characters act, the events are shitty and the amount of new CB's and other crap they add every "expansion" just seems to make it degrade even further

>Barbarossa in may 43
Cant say that it's working out, even with Japan attacking in Siberia. And the US marines are in Okinawa now

never played HoI3, but is it like DH where the USSR gets insanely strong the later the date?

just learn to play aurora

UI design too shit, its too inconsistent and an eyesore

>niggermod

normalfags fuck off

Mate the UI literally goes between BRIGHT DARK BRIGHT DARK BRIGHT DARK BRIGHT DARK
Its fucking horrible for long term play

>new CBs

CB bloat is the worst. The game has gone from a unique dynasty/politics simulator, to a Civilization/Total War-tier map painting simulator.

Well they can build their industry and catch up with techs so yes I guess
Also the germs usually run out of manpower and cant keep going

They also keep adding shit like the council, new education system and focuses but they just leave them barebones and shitty mechanically and ui wise

it's almost as if updating a game exclusively through dlcs that must be playable entirely on their own harms the game because they are unable to go back and add extra detail and complexity to a previous dlc's content

i havnt had a problem with the ui yet, its boring to look at sure but its not actually bad to look at which is what matters

Why the fuck do I play this broken meme mod?

Oh right, genocide...

it's e1fea.
you can use far eastern user, far eastern friend, slavic companion, Primorsky Krai comrade, asian russia fellow, siberian soulmate, or any other variation
nkdk is not an abbreviation

Are the CK2 portrait packs worth it?

i thoroughly regret deactivating my refineries REEEEEE I NEED FUEL IT TAKES A YEAR TO PRODUCE 1 MILLION LITRES
i guess i can just move some factories to build more refineries but that kinda throws a wrench in my production plans but oh well

What luck.

I do not need to check anything my dude, it is a fact. gsg&taxes is a submod of M&T. Period.

How have you been beating russia without any allies?

ah yes
praise kek indeed

Based retard

Due to disagreement with many of the decision taken in base M&T along with other stuff like the bloat, railroading and worry that their mod is taking the path of HOI3's BlackICE, I have decided to unintegrate my mod from M&T and make it an entirely independent mod built on top of vanilla EU4 itself. I will not use any of the currently present mechanics in M&T but instead rewrite them from scratch to better fit what G&T is intended to do. That includes a better (at least in my personal opinion) pop system, religious minority system, estate system, idea system and province management system, especially when it comes to completely broken stuff like colonies. All of those mechanics will be native to G&T and will therefor work in excellent synchronicity with the mod, especially with mechanics like the current AE/TE systems.
This, of course, means that the mod will have to go through a massive amount of work to be even remotely stable for a beta test so development will take quite some time to finish, probably upwards of several months. Meanwhile you can play the latest stable version of G&T - 0.33, which is patched for M&T 2.02 Patch 6.

did you know that chemical weapons only inflicted about 90,000 fatalities during ww1

>germany randomly joins the war on their side
Ah yes, I love this whole "random countries they aren't allied with or even friendly with joins in dismantlement wars" meme.

Three fronts now for the soviets
They have started to push back the germans though

Just make sure to give your primary heir any titles you really want to keep before you die.

There's a mod with China, Japan, SE Asia, and East Africa, but I forget the name of it
There was an user posting caps of his Christian China the other week

any tips on how to enjoy hoi3? micro always puts me off

that's not looking too good for the soviets

Set smaller strategical goals for yourself, certain cities, rivers etc to take, make short term achievable goals and just roleplay operations a little in general

Let the AI micro what you don't feel like microing.

Is Aurora actually good?
Can someone give me a quick rundown on it?

I savescummed until the countries it chose for me to fight were a bit less epic, Moscow is now under my control.

It's actually pretty great

Hmmmm those ports are so warm...
Looks like Im gonna get liberated by USSR, UK attempted 3 landings around Hamburg/Kiel in the last month and all failed miserably

German front is starting to collapse, they can probably deal with Japan now

>savescumming
EBIC, CAN'T HAVE YOUR GENOCIDE RUN RUINED HAHA

VORWARTS
VORWARTS
VORWARTS NACH OSTEN

Is it difficult to pick up?

Only if You're a brainlet

nice shilling now gtfo