What is the best building in history

What is the best building in history

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Seed_4000
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalinist_architecture
youtube.com/watch?v=gPuU8Pq9D3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Palace of the Parliament, Bucharest, Romania.

Heaviest building in the world. Also the second largest administrative building in the world, after The Pentagon.

It's literally gigantic inside and it's got a massive underground network of tunnels. 70% of the building isn't even used, it's just empty, because it's so large. It was the brainchild of Nicolae Ceaușescu, communist leader of Romania at the time.

Probably not the best building EVER but still a pretty cool building.

Here's a view from the left hand side to show you how big it is

Also it's the fourth largest building in the world. The only buildings bigger are:

- The Vehicle Assembly Building at the Kennedy Space Centre (where they built space shuttles)
- The Temple of the Feathered Serpent (some massive Aztec pyramid in Mexico)
- The Pentagon

Yes I'm getting this from Wikipedia but I've read about this thing before, just had to check my facts because I don't that shit off hand.

Romanians always get super butthurt about this claiming that large swathes of old Bucharest had to be destroyed to accommodate this monster but I always thought it was pretty damn cool.

What's this style considered anyways? Neo classical?

What's the metric for "largest building"? Surely something like Burj Khalifa has more floor space? Although I'm sure stone construction makes a building like yours very dense.

Surely if it was a title, Versailles would hold it.

Tatlin for the win.

>70% of the building isn't even used
sounds like somethings commies would do

Like those rich people building 25 room mansions and only sleeping in one room?

It's okay, they fuck the maids in all the other rooms.

tbqh

la sagrada familia when it's finished

pretty sure the great pyramid is much heavier pham, definitely taller

id like to meme but, they kind of were

>implying they didnt build the other rooms to keep their main room company
>implying the main room isnt the room bourgeois

Versailles, you fucks.

Brainchild of one of the greatest monarchs on earth, turned from a marsh into a palace, redirected a river just for dainty fountains, every single room was decorated to its fullest, and upkeep in its peak was 1/5 of all of France's expenses.
The greatest place on Earth, no matter if they forgot bathrooms.

>everybody posting towers that don't even have handles to pick them up by
baka

One hellofa game of hide'n'seek

I'm sure the Indian diplomat thought it was wonderful, but no toilets is a deal breaker for me.

And Indian as in India Indian you American tards. I know you are out there.

We call them Native Americans in the US, fuckwit.

You're making le poopoo joke, it was given.

>Marry, fuck, kill

Maybe "building" means inhabited structure, the pyramids being monuments.

>fucking the pointy one
>killing the curvy one

fag

Pretty sure the Pyramids are storage facilities for grain.

>Like those rich people building 25 room mansions and only sleeping in one room?
Such as? Do these people have names?

Also...
>False dichomtomy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Seed_4000

So by your logic the rest of the buildings in this thread are the same thing as a grain elevator. Nice.

Hes not far off. I mean what else are buildings for if not for storing things?

>Versailles, you fucks.

And vanilla is best ice cream

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Seed_4000
Jesus

I'm going to say the Colosseum in Rome

not best but...

I didn't really find the building to be the most spectacular but that's probably because I was getting elbowed by punk ass Chinese tourists the whole time

Walking the grand canal was extremely peaceful though

It would be nice if Turkey wasn't complete shit and actually kept their monuments in good shape
It would also be nice if Erdogan would stop destroying ancient churches

why does it looks so dirty?

looks like brutalism

Because Turkey is garbage

Welcome to turkey

The Peace Palace, home of the International Court of Justice and the Permanent Court of Arbitration.

Why? Because I recently saw this beauty of a building and I fucking like it. Also, it was a huge feat of international cooperation and solidarity.

Thank god its better in the inside, but why can't Turkey take good care of their heritage? Its probably one of the most historically relevant buildings on the whole country but they cant be assed to giving it propor maintence
and yes, it triggered my autism

if christians start making a stink about it. Erdogan will just turn it into an active mosque again.

Probably art deco, funny as it sounds.

Art deco done right.

Are you kidding me? The twin towers were a fucking eye sore. They were capitalism's answer to commie blocks. Absolutely bland and lacking any substance. Y'know at least the new tower is glassy and somehow elegant. The twin towers were just a fucking block of concrete. It's as if someone just decided to make the most minimalistic piece of shit architecture and still be regarded as a "great architect" simply because they were on the epicenter of New York and were really freaking tall buildings. If the Jews had grown a heart and told people that there were going to be demolished one day in advance and no one was to be killed in 9/11. I would be glad to see the spectacle. Not even I would buy a ticket to NYC and cheer as those, fucking concrete blocks came crashing down into the pavement of lower Manhattan. It would've been the happiest day of my life. The twin towers were awful and anyone who tries to defend them for what they were is either retarded or deluded by "muh 9/11". Honestly if I had 10 minutes with Osama Bin Laden I would spent 30seconds telling him how an asshole he was and 9:30 mins telling him how brilliant of him to destroy the two most horrific buildings ever to be build on New York city. FUCK THE TWIN TOWERS.

not gaudy enough

this osama did us a favor

It's Stalinist Gothic probably.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalinist_architecture

Not that guy, but I'm a super nostalgic 80sboo so international style just triggers some warm emotional response in me. But yeah gotta agree that OBJECTIVELY it's probably awful.

Pretty edgy, bro.
>what is minimalism
>what is gothic influence
>what is spectacularly efficient use of space with a modest $500M

Not even mad your ignorance, though.

Part of the trouble is that, being historical heritage, any repairs or renovations are extremely controversial.

The other part is Turkey.

That stopped happening.... 1950s? 1940s?
No idea why
Might be that if there is no work, there is no servants, and without many servants, the mansion doesn't need to be big.

Brutalism

The HHS HQ building looks legit comfy imo.

>block of concrete.

Except the exterior of the building is covered in glass and steel beams.

Reminder that jet fuel can't melt steel beams

>tfw I won't live to see an arcology built

screenshotted

ryugyong hotel objectively most aesthetic structure ever built by man.

truly some future shit

Reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=gPuU8Pq9D3Q

It requires so much maintenance
Like it can't just stand on its own, human intervention in everything is the core of its being

Hey guys I'm fascinated with unfinished architectural feats as of late such as Soviet or Nazi buildings. Anyone got some good docs or books on these?

Kill, Marry, Fuck

Tumble fags have to find meaning in everything.

Its a fucking building that housed the entirety of the French aristocracy, of course upkeep is necessary. No building is made to clean itself.

>Tfw you will never hear the funeral oration in the shadow of the Parthenon

>tfw interning at 5km from this beatiful building

I worked quite a few times inside this building, and I think it's overhyped. It looks like a trainstation, but ofcourse the meaning and reason of it is beautiful. Inside the palace is a little gallery of other design ideas proposed in the 1900's. I think those are way better. Ill try to find those gimme a sec.

Fucking kek, never seen so much hate for two buildings that don't even exist anymore

Petra is definitely the most impressive collection of buildings. I suppose the best one is the treasury.

t. Osama Bin Laden

Mohammed pls ur child wife is hungry

Oh you poor sweet innocent soul.
Look up the london rental market, rich cunts keep empty rooms all the time.

>what is minimalism
>what is gothic influence
IT'S A FUCKING CUBOID

Why did Christopher Columbus name the Indian Ocean after Native Americans?

Plus they were money losers and poorly designed. They each needed about $200,000,000 in repairs due to corrosion problems on 9/11. I believe it was March 2001 that the NYC Port Authority applied for a demolition permit for the twin towers.

Need to tear down those minarets.

really makes you drink

This is the oldest and most intact building still standing, doesn't that make it the "best"?

This just looks like an ugly cluster.

That's not even close to being top 5 Spanish building let alone being best building in history

Ctrl+f
No burj khalifa
This is an engineering masterpiece and makes me erect everytime i see it

you sound like a buttblasted autist

But that's not for hedonism, its real estate as assets for capital

Dubai is a blight upon creation, but that's a pretty sick fuckin tower

I think these two are pretty kewl

orwell was right, the fai should have blown it up

Maybe not best building overall, but best house is definitely Cragside.

Exactly what I wanted to say.

The parking lot right next to it ruins the look.

A building that grand needs to have a couple thousand acres of formal gardens around it like Versailles has.

They rebuilt that thing like 5 times

It is really like something from Metropolis.
I wonder when it will finally open.