/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #255

Made up thread number edition

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous is currently on v2.4 "The Return" - now with more ayys.
The 3.0 beta is now over and the next expansion named "Beyond" is on the way. It will be free to everyone who bought Horizons and aims to focus on refining core gameplay and new content.

Thargoids have now crippled all AEGIS-related starports in the Pleiades and are rumored to be headed towards human space.
The starports are allegedly more difficult to repair than they were to build in the first place so don't expect them back online anytime soon.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Alpha 3.0.1 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/267DHffX

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

Previous Thread:

>boom time delivery of 3150 units of biowaste
Uh.

Those are the new wing missions. I was confused when I first saw them as well.

Wheres the best place to buy a chieftan?

Any LYR system.

tessa bannister back when

hue

where the fuck do I find these manufactured material traders. I'm seeing none when I filter for them and I've been looking through industrial systems and even honking to make sure I got the nav beacon data but still nothing

not even mad. CR knows what he's doing

caterpillar, "In The Black"

>derek smart

>welcoming the anti-chris into your heart

I'm not sure it counts when only the "leader" believes all that checklist.

kek

Thargoids where?

behind you

Imma call my Hawk "Fun to a Gun Fight", and operate out of my Crucible which I want to call "A Bigger Fish"

They need to have all the GalNet articles available via GalNet radio. I don't understand what's so complicated about this, they're using text to speech so why not feed all the articles into it instead of just 5?

>new crime system means if you get a bounty its applied to your ship and never expires
>accidentally shooting a security npc during a firefight means you basically just have to write that system off forever
who the fuck approved this??

Should I pick up X3: Terran War Pack or X: Rebirth

>new crime system closes all shops to criminals
>all insurance including LTI is invalidated by crime

patches 2 and 3 bois

Also: GOG or Steam version? The steam version for X3 is $20.00 whereas the GOG version is $4.99. However, I'm not sure if there are extra features with the Steam version that make the increased price worth it.

X fans were not happy with Rebirth so I'd recommend X3. Also the GOG version should have everything the Steam version does. In the case of the original X: the Threat, the GOG version has a borderless windowed fix the Steam version lacks which makes it superior.

Thanks

You may want to skip Terran War and get X3: Reunion instead. It was the last of the X3 games.

It's dumb, but on the bright side they've made it so you can pay off bounties through an IFC if your notoriety is low enough. No more stashing a throwaway sidewinder at every station near a conflict zone, but so long as you don't go on a murder spree you can pop over to a low sec system and pay your bounty off.

> wanted status is applied to the ship, not you
Just switch to another ship and go back in.

1M 3S Railguns

OR

2L 1M Plasma accelerators?

Enjoy never using that ship again.

I'm in a wanted ship right now. It's only a problem if you dock at a station controlled by the faction that wants you, in which case you're locked out of everything except the black market. Docking anywhere else is fine.

Neither - go beams and multis

Supposedly they increased the amount of "accidental" friendly fire you can do to security before they get pissed off enough to put a bounty on you.

thats lame don't listen to this rube

rails are great for getting a powerful first shot off on an unsuspecting opponent, but the moment you're in a firefight with a real player they're fucking worthless unless they're flying a brick

I haven't played E:D since launch, will I really be missing out on anything significant if I don't buy Horizons?

Just Engineers and the new ship(?). The new ship is great. Your mileage may vary with Engineers, however, as it's a grind no matter how many different ways Frontier tries to say it isn't.

ED being a good game finally killed off Scamcitizen.

Also you'll miss out on planetary landings and driving a buggy around on their surface.

Disregard this, as there's literally nothing to do planetside.

Why are you all shilling ED so much?

It's shit.

>Veeky Forums
>shilling

8/8 gr8 b8 you shiteating fuck

I've been searching for 2 fucking hours based on what fdev says material traders of manufactured materials are supposed to be.
Industrial economy, but every single one I find is extraction also and it is always raw material traders.
Has anyone found a manufactured material trader?

>I'm a shit pilot
Git gud and learn to rail in faoff, scrub.

New content patch, fgt.

Industrial needs to be the primary or only economy.

Right. The Industrial only economies don't have traders, and the industrial economies that have traders also have refinery, so raw material. There aren't any industrial only economies with traders and no way to search for industrial but not refinery economies

>tfw charge jumping off Jackson's Lighthouse on the way to do some grave robbery

Fuck you. Shit disturbing around settlements is fun.

Has anyone flown from system to system just in supercruise?

Doesn't work. The new system doesn't load in and you just pass the waypoint for it.

You can't, even if you manage it the game won't transfer you to the new system because it uses hyperspace to load in the new system.

Wouldn't the services filter tell you if there were any nearby?

It doesn't work.

Damn that sucks. But I get it.

Does anyone know what the Guardian Vessel blueprint segment is used for?

Tech broker to build guardian powerplant/weapons

>3.0 is still just more shit piled on top of a horrendously boring gameplay loop in a stale and lifeless galaxy

Yes, but it's slightly less annoying.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

That's true. The QoL changes are definitely an improvement.

Sure thing, dad. Now go whine about how everyone wants things to be "easy" or "bearable" or "good".

Oh shit what did I just awaken?

Where?

Mad little droneboy

New guardian sites mentioned in Galnet.

Welp. Dropping shit on it works like in the goid bases.

I guess I can scan it. What's the worst that could happen?

Does it bother anyone else that humanity's reaction to every ayy is to shoot at it? Ok I know there was a war with the Thargoids back in the day but why are we shooting at the Guardians?

Wow. Okay. Yeah, that pissed them off.

Hey they shot at me first. All I did was scan some shit.

Yeah I know and you will get Guardian tech when you blow up that skimmer but it feels like such a MMO cliche and it's not even a MMO!

On a side note, scanning that orb seems to have woken up more of these obelisks.

is it just me or is fuel scooping radius increased now

Some of these obelisks are making spoopy knocking noises.

>some user thinks his shilling for E:D will have any effect on Frontier's portfolio and stock price
Why won't you slag kikes accept E:D will be shit until at least Chapter 4.

What did the orb contain? I managed to get there with some user but I didn't get the chance to scan it.

Could you like stop RPing?

>like
becky pls go

a cracked industrial firmware, i'd wager

Wow, what a find, CMDR! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Liked AND subscribed! Keep looking up! o7o7

It gave me 1 unit of "guardian weapon blueprint segment" data, which is unlike most data sources that give you three units.
It takes a handful of these to unlock guardian tech at a broker. Pic related, and note: effective against aliums.

Found the cultist.

>new content
One new ship. And what new gameplay is there?

>complaining about people discussing a game in a thread for that game
the absolute state of autists

Splitfag is at it again?

Looks like it's an Ayy lmao railgun. Nice.

The guardian plasma weapon is similar but it fires a smaller shot if you stop charging partway. It also works on goids.

"""game"""
the absolute state of dads

Do we know the stats yet? Forums don't seem to have anything

>driving around in a buggy shooting floating robots is considered a game worth playing
>after spending 30 minutes getting to the system
>3 minutes in orbit
>and 1 minute in glide
wow fun game guys, lucky you!

Anyone know what the Vessel Blueprints are used for?

Ayylium ships when

Can you imagine being this butthurt?

>hey I hate elite just look at me I hate it so much
Don't you have jpgs to buy or something?

Just how much did you spend on Star Citizen to be this mad?

I don't think anyone has any unlocked yet. You need at least 4 blueprints for even the cheapest tech.

Blueprints aren't the issue, it's the everything else.

Those missiles they launch will actually go after your mothership if they can't get at your SRV. I took cover behind an arch, they broke off me and flew almost 1KM to slam into my ship. They do fuck-all to the shields but it's something to consider if you're running out here shieldless.

Christ. Where are you getting yours?

Go to the Ruins and cycle around the outside of the structure. Scan the active obelisks and then go ahead and board flip. Rinse and repeat and you'll be swimming in everything (except the fucking Epsilon patterns).