Boer War camps

youtube.com/watch?v=FLhFXIkysk4

>"The British didn't invent the concentration camps"
>"The British put the Boers in these camps out of love and compassion, they didn't want them killed"
>"The Boer soldiers were actually the ones that killed their people in concentration camps"

So pretty much
>Brits did nothing wrong!

Why does anyone still take this guy seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nlHqKJyo3GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LPJXPp5TsQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PRA2zXjX-Xk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off.

Are his new videos not moronic enough that we're having to resort to his back catalogue now?

Prove him wrong.

wait is this guy not good to watch?

I hope a paki kills him in the streets desu

Eurotrash btfo

Veeky Forums will have its contrarian holier-than-thou anglophobic hissy-fit regardless though

>Lindybeige
Anti-whites HATE him

The concentration camps were sound military strategy against several groups of mobile guerillas who lived off the land but were for the most part poorly managed and had little oversight which lead to the needless death of tens of thousands of women & children. I get the argument that it was British policy to destroy foodstuffs to keep it out of guerilla hands so taking the civilians into camps where they could be fed makes sense in theory, but in practice thousands died for lack of food. There were several camps which were run well but due to the improvisational way the camps started, as well as ineptitude of some of the officers in charge of the camps, a lot of them were left without basic necessities causing needless suffering.

Apparently even more blacks died in camps but nobody bothered to keep track of how many because their lives didn't matter.

>w-we dindu nuffin!

I thought it was already established that this guy was trash?

Thanks for saving the pic, lad.

so the English didn't use concentration camps
they were just camps where Boers were forced to be

they didn't starve them
and if they did starve it was because of the Boers

they were treated nicely and not raped
unless Boers got in and started raping and killing their own

>but in practice thousands died for lack of food
That's only sort of true. Very few Boers actually died of starvation, but malnutrition made them more susceptible to cholera epidemics which swept through the camps.

>due to the improvisational way the camps started, as well as ineptitude of some of the officers in charge of the camps, a lot of them were left without basic necessities causing needless suffering.
True, but you're leaving out the fact that the biggest reason the British had trouble getting food to the camps was that the Boers kept raiding their supply lines.

just ignore the autists on Veeky Forums. Lindybeige is okay just so long as you don't take everything he says as gospel.

He's extremely biased towards the British and talks about a lot of things he only has cursory knowledge of. This means that a lot of shit he says is wrong or distorted.

He's fine to watch, just don't cite him as a source and do your research.

Like everything on youtube, take it with a grain of salt. That said he's entertaining and the British din dun nuffin.

He's an idiot. He has no expertise in anything, and doesn't even do his research. But he knows just enough about certain subjects that he THINKS he knows enough to be an authority. Pic related, he lives on Mt. Stupid.

>the biggest reason the British had trouble getting food to the camps was that the Boers kept raiding their supply lines.

I'm not so sure about this. I'm not saying it never happened, but from what I understand the camps were generally well away from where the guerillas operated due to being saturated with British troops and the supply trains mostly raided were those of pursuing detachments. I think you're trying to detract from the ineptitude, negligence & callousness that was mainly responsible for the dire condition in some of the camps.

From what I've read Kitchener was concerned more about bringing the war to a swift end since all the glory to be had was gone than overseeing his camps and the result was the deaths of tens of thousands of innocents.

>He's extremely biased towards [nationality] and talks about a lot of things he only has cursory knowledge of.
Veeky Forums in a nutshell.

people keep saying this but no one actually proves any of it

come on, wasn't proof the whole point of your rant?

>He's an idiot. He has no expertise in anything, and doesn't even do his research. But he knows just enough about certain subjects that he THINKS he knows enough to be an authority. Pic related, he lives on Mt. Stupid.
but this is literally Veeky Forums

Weeaboos get upset that he bag mouthed the Katana.

i think Veeky Forums gets mostly triggered by his gigantic bias towards the UK and his flawed logic

>The Bren is better than the "spandau" because the British won every battle
>What do you mean with Operation Market Garden? It was mostly a success, Monty said so himself

Bump

Just because he doesn't follow the popular view that the British are evil incarnate and caused all of the world's problems doesn't make him biased.

Lindy pls

>Anti-whites HATE him
why?

But he is reaaally biased

Because he said a German gun is bad and now all the /k/ naziboos are angry?

>is he biased because memes?

No

I was waiting for him to blame the French

Just ignore his more overtly political segments, that's usually where I find myself rolling my eyes.

He does have some good videos, but he's not an expert historian or anything, and yes, he's biased towards British anything.

>the biggest reason the British had trouble getting food to the camps was that the Boers kept raiding their
>just stop attacking us and your precious women and children won't starve to death
>why you keep hitting yourself? just stop hitting yourself!

>Brits did nothing wrong in the Boer Wars
>Bren is better because it's British
>Imperial is better because Brits use it
>Driving on the left is better is better because Brits do it
>British officers don't duck, implying officers from other nations were cowards
>Normans weren't French
>Everything the British made is superior
>Everything the British did was justified

I'm not saying that Brits are evil, but come now, he is pretty biased.

>He does have some good videos

how about you post some then?

he also claims that

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>operation market garden was a success

>Implying Normans were French

This guy is the eternal Anglo personified, sometomrs I lefit think it's a parody.

See I don't know if you're meming because you've mixed in true stuff with false stuff.

They were though. Culturally French, genetically mostly French, Catholic, and they spoke a language close to French. A distant Danish ancestry won't make them Danish.

Don't forget

>Britain should leave the EU

:^)

>no one used scythes
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real

These ones are correct

>Genetically
>French

Not a concept. France is a hodgepodge.

Only lefties don't think this

Let's say you're white and you have a son with a black woman, who will also have a son with a black woman, who will also have a son with a black woman. Is your great grandson now white just because you are, fuck no, well it's the same with the Normans who bred with the natives from day one.

Why so many dagos around Poitiers?

>implying he isn't actually correct about most of these things and this increasingly stale pasta isn't a deliberate misrepresentation
>implying he doesn't say enough stupid stuff without people making up extra about him

What's wrong with saying no one every used throwing knives?

Have you ever thrown a knife before? It takes ages to get good and you have to throw at a specific distance at a target that's not moving. The knife doesn't even impart that much damage on the target and you've now thrown the enemy a knife to use.

The eternal Anglo has no empathy.

youtube.com/watch?v=nlHqKJyo3GQ

That's not the point you retard. "France" as a genetic concept does not exist. The French nation is split between many racial groups who share the same border.

You cannot be "genetically French". It would be like me claiming to be "genetically American".

Vikings were 'real', but not in the pop culture sense everyone imagines. Vikings were basically just the biker gangs of early medieval Scandinavia. Norse settlers existed, norse traders existed, and so did boatloads of bored landless Scandis.

>"The British put the Boers in these camps out of love and compassion, they didn't want them killed"

"Flush out the guerrillas in a series of systematic drives, organised like a sporting shoot, with success defined in a weekly 'bag' of killed, captured and wounded, and to sweep the country bare of everything that could give sustenance to the guerrillas, including women and children ... It was the clearance of civilians—uprooting a whole nation—that would come to dominate the last phase of the war."

Vikings were just one of many raiding ethnicities who decided it would be a real fun time to rape Europe around the 400s-900s.

Exactly my point. They also didn't call themselves vikings, of course. And Vikings were mostly at the end stage of that period.

I never really got the "hating a nation because they're better at war than you" meme

Who cares cuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=LPJXPp5TsQQ

;_;7

Don't forget about his video where he claimed that english is the best language in the world

>I'm wrong and I don't care if everyone knows it, "truth" is for elitist cucks.

Well... it is up there.

It requires a lot of fine-tuning to be 'flawless', because it has a large vocabulary of words with single nuanced meanings. Otherwise it is basically an open source language. Orthography is a bit shit, granted, but that's because pronunciation has changed since spellings were codified. It is still fairly forgiving in this respect. The grammar is not so hard to learn and get up to a working level, and is also quite forgiving of mistakes. Pronunciation takes some training like in any language, but there aren't many tricky sounds ("th" is probably the hardest for most learners -- some vowel sounds and pronunciation inconsistencies stick out too, but that goes back to orthography).

Native (or just better) speakers will notice mistakes, but even low-intermediates will usually still be able to get their meanings across OK. You can be near-fluent and totally functional in the language while still technically imperfect. Compare to other languages that require a fuckton of mastery before you can even get close to 'functional'.

And of course, it's now super widespread.

How many other languages does he speak though? If he's monolingual, he really can't compare.

I like this one
youtube.com/watch?v=PRA2zXjX-Xk

Found the Brit. Nobody actually thinks that, but they should.

All the arguments you mentioned also apply to a shitload of other languages.

>How many other languages does he speak though? If he's monolingual, he really can't compare.
What do you think lmao

I didn't claim otherwise. It is of course an entirely subjective and unanswerable question.

But really, no other language is as widespread as English. French and Spanish are also good contenders, as they're relatively not that hard either. English is still 'easier' -- no grammatical gender, no formal/informal forms of pronouns or verbs. The use of prepositions and articles can be tricky to master (the fine-tuning), but again... you're still mostly understandable if your grammar is a little off.

Russian is rather complex, a much steeper learning curve. Mandarin Chinese? Lol, no. Arabic? Nope.

That's about it for serious consideration.

The point remains that calling a language "the best" is completely retarded and so is Lindy
Also, Russian isn't as difficult as you think it is. A scary looking alphabet doesn't make it hard

Slimy Brits will never admit a wrongdoing.

This is in part because some of the lies from the propaganda machine of their failed Empire are still pretty much accepted among them.

Even the most apparently cultured and reasonable among them will subconsciously sugarcoat everything their shitty ancestors did.

Such a nasty and dishonest people.

wtf it has been two weeks and lindy hasn't uploaded a new video and now we have to shitpost about his older ones

maybe he got a job

If this queer and Dan Carlin fought 1v1, who would win?

nah, he's probably working on his graphic novel

I think he only knows English and Finnish.

identity politic boos shitposting again

Man, Dan Carlin is like the only pop history guy I like. I also like some of those History of podcast guys.

At least they tell you to go to real historians. Lindy just kind of says shit

The Normans are as Danish as the Russians are Swedish

I listened to a little of his stuff that I chanced upon (seriously, where the fuck do you people listen to him?). He seemed adamantly anti-establishment. Out of all the biases that isn't so bad, but it still a tainted view of history.. Or maybe I just watched the wrong bits.

>loli Veeky Forums
them feels, why do they have to grow up so fast?

>You cannot be "genetically French". It would be like me claiming to be "genetically American".
Ever seen a falser analogy guys?

You gotta listen to his podcast "hardcore history"

What I think you heard was his political show, don't listen to that myself tbqh

don't you have a dancing class to be teaching?

Isn't this the same meme used to claim chinese people didnt exist past a certain point in history?

>he doesn't know that all of the British communist parties support Leave

I can read Cyrillic script just fine, thanks. Came in very useful in Russia, Ukraine and Bulgaria. Can read Greek and Hindi too (although I've probably forgotten quite a bit of the latter, from general rustiness, but I could read it just fine when I was India). And that's not what I was getting at anyway. An alphabet is not grammar and I did specify grammar.

Among several factors, what makes Russian especially more complicated is its case system. It's learnable, sure, but it's an order or two of magnitude more complicated than German, which is probably an order of magnitude more complicated than French or Spanish. Some languages don't use case systems at all, so if you're from one of those, you'll have to wrap your head around the case system in general, first.

The point being, more complicated languages don't lend themselves very well to being lingua franca. Complexity is of course relative, too.

But is that what is meant by "best"? Well, that's subjective and open to debate, but I'd argue 'yes' here. Any language, no matter how 'complex' or not can express any idea given the vocabulary and conceptualization, but some languages do make that easier for newbs to learn. English is there.

Dutch/Afrikaans, 'Bahasa' (i.e. Indonesian, Malaysian, Philippine languages) and Swahili are also relatively, objectively 'easy'.

that's the point, Sherlock.

>no one used swords, axes
he never said that
>no one used horses
he said cavalry is a stupid idea
he's correct they are hollywood invention
>no one used scythes
never said that
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
he's correct
>battle of Zama didn't happen
again he's correct
>Vikings weren't real
he said it was a profession
>berserkers weren't real
he's correct
>operation market garden was a success
it actually was

If Mandarin had as big of a cultural, economic, and power capacity as English, people would learn it regardless of the difficulty.

>"mount stupid"
Just call it Veeky Forums.

I just read the wikipedia page for the camps and lindy didn't seem far off.

Let me guess, wikipedia is controlled by the eternal anglo too?

But it doesn't. And if it did, I bet you 10,000 yuan that quickly a simplified pinyin pidgin Mandarin would emerge quite quickly. Part of English's success is that it is quite easy to wade in to. Less true for Mandarin.

>Yale pinyin

It's already been made. Nobody's interested. Mandarin too hard.

I rest my case.

this has to be samefagging
I refuse to believe that two separate people copy paste this shit in literally every lindy thread

Lindy is a true patriot of the highest tradition; he who writes history controls history.

Nope

>I know how to use paint.NET guys!

Well then I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

but you are admitting to voluntarily take part in codependent shitposting
you're a loser

reminder that the lowest punitive ration in the British concentration camps was more than twice as high as the standard ration in the contemporary German concentration camps during the Herero Genocide.

Reminder that the British governmenr intervened to close down the Boer War camps while the Kaiser's government did fucking nothing.

He's just really, really, really, really, REALLY British.