/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics and more!

/sthg/ #1228 - Genetics Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/gaming/2018/02/28/sonic-the-hedgehog-interview-movie-video-games-sxsw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In 3, 2, 1, -

please don't die.

I hope this one doesn't get deleted. It was made after we hit the bump limit so it should be okay but I'm still worried

>Making a thread before we hit page 10
What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you just unintelligent or something? Jesus Christ.

kek. what happened to the other one?

/sthg/ TROO FRAR

Post Sonic girls who remind you of GHZ

Sonic the Hedgehog

Welp, are we finally calming down now?
If so, Ken Penders!

Mods fed up with the shitposting. Decided to nuke shit.

God bless you user

Let us have a wholesome discussion that does not break any rules. Tell me how the Sonic franchise has impacted you personally, for better or worse.

Had I not been a Sonic the hedgehog fan, I wouldn't have many other interests I have today, and wouldn't know two of my best friends in the world, one of which I talk to nearly every day and has helped me get out of some very bad situations.

Though, I've also learned of Chris-Chan, so it's not all good.

It gave me some dumb video games to waste my time with. Whether it's for better or worse I don't know.

Let's agree to just move forward from now on.

Now what Sonic Riders gear was the best for races?

this is so wholesome

you're never wasting time if you're having fun

Sonic didn't get me into game design, but it was game design that got me into Sonic. At least, after seeing how Sonic's changed over the years. It's the classic era that I like functionally, but there are some modern elements I enjoy too.

>Wasting the image limit with your comic spam
This is almost as bad as when that faggot spammed other m. Stop posting this fucking trash.

I wish you guys weren't so dumb... it kind of makes me sad.

Some of us were enjoying Other M

Why did they change Amy's design so heavily with SA1? I ask because of how she's a hedgehog but she doesn't have all the traits the other hedgehogs have, unlike her CD design. What is that?

They didn't want her to just look like a pink version of Sonic

What traits is she missing? Her quills are just held down.

The Sonic series gave me countless hours of fun & entertainment. From games like Sonic 1-3K/CD, Adventure-Adventure 2, the Advance series, Unleashed, Generations & Colors, just to name a few, the comics introducing me to characters I'd grow to love & making me bigger fans of characters from the games, seeing how in-depth some people went with game design is always interesting, the music is something I can put on & enjoy almost all the time, fangames picking up on things I feel like the series has been slacking on, etc.

The Sonic series has had a shit ton of ups & downs, but I always know that the franchise will have something for me to look forward too & enjoy. It's a franchise that I've enjoyed over almost every other series I've played & it's a franchise I'll likely enjoy for years to come. Even now, with Archie dead, Forces not living up to its potential, Mania ruled, there are several fangame projects I'm heavily interested in, among other things.

This series about a blue speedy rat & his shitty little friends isn't so bad, imo.

sonic!

Her nose isn't like Sonic's anymore. Really everyone that isn't Sonic has small noses now, that all look the same. And her hair being down isn't a bad thing, I just kinda miss them being a little bit more spiked.

Genetics?
I think that was a major design change made with Adventure so I assume she always has a smaller nose than Sonic.

Hey anons, while we're being wholesome, I have a weird story from middle school.
>loved sonic characters so much
>thought they were real but in a different dimension and eventually I would be able to adventure with them some day
>watched the OVA with a friend during a sleepover
>she knew just how autistic I was
>pretended to be a mobian somehow trapped in a human body by weird dimensional magic the next morning to impress me
>I thought it was so cool and wanted to believe
>we stayed friends throughout high school but never talked about it again

What a fucking dumbass I was. What stupid sonic related shit did you do as a kid, anons? I'm sure some of you autists have worse stories than mine, right?

why do the cutscenes in this game look better than Forces' and Lost World's

This kinda reads like the MEGA DRIVE comics. Why can't the interactions between Sonic and Amy be a little like this again? Instead of going troo far like Heroes and Sonic X?

And I still hate how overly lanky the Sonic models look here

>Better animation than recent Sonic games
How can Sonic forces even compete

>mobian
?

>What stupid sonic related shit did you do as a kid, anons?
Not dumb thing I did, but I thought some pretty retarded shit when I was younger when it comes to Sonic.

For example, I thought Amy was a cat, or didn't even knew echindas were real when I first got into the series.

That's adorable

I didn't know what an echidna was either.

Forces had cutscenes..?
Oh wait the shadow vs Infinite is the only one I remember.

I m o, I think they could have gotten away with her having just a little pugy nose for her and Sonic (or the male hedgies) having just a little bit longer ones. Really I'd like some design changes in general to synergize the designs of the characters based more on their animalistic traits. Like Cream having an actual bunny muzzel or something. I think Amy's classic look is honestly fine, if not with some modern Amy traits added in. And I think her outfit could be improved upon as well, besides Boom, she's had the same look since SA1.

Sonic style looks fine, what you're describing is unabashed furfaggotry.

Posting Amy outfits now.

Based AAR

I wish I had your optimism, user

> What stupid sonic related shit did you do as a kid, anons?
late elementary school/middle school, I used to put pictures of Sonic all over the walls of my bedroom. Like fanart I found and random images I printed out from the Internet. I also had the posters for Sonic Advance 1,2,3 and Sonic Battle up too. I even had the GBA game boxes up there too. The issue is that I didn't use tape but instead used a staple gun with those thick heavy duty staples. My mom was very angry when she found out. I also slept with a Sonic plushie every night and still do today

I think Cream wouldn't need a legitimate bunny nose, but I do like to see the characters act a little bit more like their animal selves.

And yeah, I love the idea of Amy having more than one attire. I like her red dress, but some of the clothes they've given her in other games that looks nice is too good to go unused.

>What stupid sonic related shit did you do as a kid

I made two fox tails out of orange and white construction paper and taped them to my butt, and ran laps around my daycare center.

Hmm, I guess so. I don't want like "realistically detailed animal parts" hell no, but I find it weird how little the Sonic cast really looks anywhere different from each other, and the one time this really changed a bit was, well, Forces with the avatar character. Even Jackle looks interest because he has a different snout than the other cast, with massive ears, but different from Rouges.

I like this Amy a lot. Where is this from?

>Tails gets taller than Sonic when he gets older
Honestly, I've never been a fan of that. Also, calm down with the AARposting Slashy.

Well, that was not what I was expecting.

my friends and I would daydream about what it would be like if Sonic characters were our schoolteachers.

the funny thing is in my mind they've always acted more like these ages anyway.

But whatever. nice pic.

I used to daydream about what it would be like if Sonic characters were my classmates.

Last one

It's a fine pic, but I'd say the main fours ages in that pic is what I'd peg 'em down in Boom, more than Modern Sonic.

How would Sonic characters be like in school?

Sonic owes Mario rent money

Yes he does, Sonicbab. Where is he?

How can he repay Mario when the plumber is in prison?

current modern yes. They acted older and more mature in the adventure games, specifically adventure 2.

>bing bing wahoo

>How would Sonic characters be like in school?
If Tails were a teacher, he would be a pushover. Students would like him because he's nice but no one would really respect him. Knuckles would yell at students a lot and give out detentions more than anyone else. Sonic would make a great but annoying teacher who assigns way too much group work and team activities because superpower of teamwork, etc.

comicbook.com/gaming/2018/02/28/sonic-the-hedgehog-interview-movie-video-games-sxsw/

There is something I find really off with this interview that happened today.

>A Big the Cat survival horror game! Just kidding. Sonic Twitter told me to say that (laughs).
aaron please stop

What does /sthg/ think of non-meme fancomics?

>Last year, the platforming here returned to form with not one but two great games – Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces.
>the platforming here
Did anyone proofread this?

Case-by-case for me. Some are fun, others are pretty lame, others are just okay.

>non-meme fancomics

>Do you feel that a combination of CGI/live-action is a good mix for a Sonic the Hedgehog film?
>The film-makers have a very unique and exciting vision in mind for the story, and we can’t wait to see how this blend of CGI/live action comes to life on the big screen!
he didn't answer the question

GOTF is great

>Last year, the platforming here returned to form with not one but two great games – Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces.
>Sonic Forces
>Great game

>OC

>There is something I find really off with this interview that happened today.
what did you find off? It seems like a typical interview

Shut up, Tails.

Speaking of which, it's been a while since I saw an update on that comic. Is it on hiatus, or what?

The typo at the beginning looked off to me, honestly.

>Jackle
lern to spell
tails is young, hes allowed to grow. calm ur autism
hes in the next thread #1225
no such thing. literally an oxymoron
why do ppl interview sonic employees anymore? they never have any idea what theyre doing since sonic 2

Do not slander Sonic in such a way!

I love this guy

It's only been two Sundays without updates. Evan was busy with school and work, and then she got sick.
She did some meme faces last week-ish though, and that's enough to keep me satisfied.

Same. Sonic is pretty rad.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing those. Pretty neat.

She's posted a couple of WIPs too.
I love her style so much.

>wanting to peg sonic characters
y r u such a disgusting furry?
>memeface comic
literal memefaces
>clothes
not canon
>air guitar
literally the lamest thing u could possibly do. u love a fictional loser. u r just sad

Silver shouldn't wear pants reee
But yeah, she does some neat work. I believe she's back for IDW, so that's pretty cool.

Just need to post best girl. I hope Boom never goes away because I need more Sticks

She is! I was real excited to see that. I followed GOTF for a while in middle school, gave up in high school, and recently re-read and caught up on the entire thing. It's nice to see someone you admired as a kid get to actually work on the comics.
I think Sonic characters in clothes is initially what caught my attention.

why don't sonic and tails react to shadow still being alive in sonic heroes?

They kinda did, but it was mostly throwaway lines. With Sonic talking about "being stubborn & full of surprises," & Knuckles teasing Tails about Shadow possibly being a ghost.

Sticks is pretty cute, yeah.

I kinda hope we see Evan do some art in a few issues.

>meme faces
*barf*

What was that? You wanted more meme faces? I wasn't going to post any more, but if you insist.

*rapes*

comfy sleepy pics best pics

playin with something