/bbg/ Bloodborne general

Need more insight edition.
Last thread: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

PURGE FILTH

You don't get to bring confederates.

GREETINGS AND GOODAYS TIER RANKINGS

patrician space wizard tier - make contact for both

spastic soulsfag tier - bow for both

elegant hunter whomst partakes only of the finest blood (Adeline's) tier - wave hello, bow on departing but only if the host did well, stand still otherwise

choir wannabe tier - any non-standard bow at any time

bl98/reddit tier - any other non greeting style emote

What Zullie found was that there are a limited amount of chalice layouts, and that loot is tied to these layouts. You can’t force any loot, mob, or layout changes, it’s all determined by a limted hex code. What you can do is essentially trick the glyph server by changing the chalice labels to make a depth 5 layout appear like a D1 chalice. The only random aspects of chalice generation are the glyph, whether or not you get access to the bonus treasure area on a layer, and whether or not you get access to Layer 4. Every non sinister root has a layer 4, so there’s actually potential for things we havent seen before. You can use the save editor to force layer 4 and treasure areas to open.

Is there a limit to impossible gems? Are they lcoked by some basic rules? I think that user made one with ~80 flat arcane on each gem. But could you say make one with 36% arcane and then 80 flat arcane ontop?

Leave this place

The younger Madaras twin seems to be a confederate himself, so why does he attack you after Valtr leaves you the League staff? Is he simply trying to take Valtr's place instead of you?

You can stack up to 5 of any effect or combination of effects you want on a gem.
Only the first 3 will be visible in game since it only allows 3 lines. But they are all there

Why can't I get a co-op for Ebrietas? Or any boss in the last few days for that matter? Is the game dead?

cause ebrietas is 2 ez
just kill the bitch

>git gud
stahp

I heard that ebrietas is in the top three for getting coops, though, and I haven't seen a single player in hours.

You will probably struggle to get help with the earlier story bosses. There are still lots of people playing but if they do help it's usually for endgame stuff

Did you try asking? Most people who want to help ring small at the early bosses, ludwig, orphan, or rom.

I tried to invade once at ebbi’s fog but no luck

Isn't Ebrietas endgame?

Asking where? I have been playing the game a few days, but I thought it worked like DaS, where people just pop in and co-op? Maybe my online is fucked, or something. Unless being in the league cuts you off from other coops

eh kinda. Are you trying to help or get help yourself? What BL are you?

Asking here, for instance.

Honestly tried both for two days and nothing.

I'm sure that would work, but I sort of just figured that there would be players online without having to drag people to specific areas for my dumb ass

>what BL are you

Confederates are lunatics who see vermin everywhere, what do you think?

Do you want help now?

Let me tell you, almost nobody is 91 by Ebby, that's way too high for her to get a random summon. Don't feel shy about asking here, many of us enjoy helping people and don't mind dragging their asses to a given boss.

based bbg anons

>almost nobody is 91 by Ebby
Really? Weird. I thought she was like..endgame stuff, and I haven't been grinding very much. Damn.

Well, if anyone is around, I just want to get her out of the way now. Sick of getting one-shotted by her

Password?

i'll just make it ebri

Ringing

hm..me too. What weapon are you using?

Kos fist.
Not going to use it.
Are you at the fog wall?

I am, yeah. Weird.

Seeing any ghosts or notes?

Yeah, I think I see you and the notes
The sky and the cosmossss

Are you on worldwide?

If so maybe try resetting your ps4.
I'll do the same.

Done it, and I think I can even see you, but...nothing.

If the ghost is just standing there in the cainhurst dress with no visible weapons then thats me
Weird.
Ive been cooping pretty regularly too.
Dont know what it could be.

well, at least I know now why i'm not getting co-ops. Thanks anyway!

If you’re on wifi it can fux with connections I think

Np

Ive seen 3 or 4 other ghosts here, but all of them have the small bell active like me.
Hope you figure out the problem

I want to kiss Hunter-san!

I went to grab the 2nd brain fluid in research hall and when I came to give it to saint adeline she was gone. I heard dialogue saying hello is anyone there, but she was gone. Not even in the corner where she's usually a lump.

Just helped a random kill ebri while I was there so definitely not a problem on my end

I want the Doll to kiss me right on the Lumenwood!

Post hoonters.

I'm getting a ton of invasions at Mergo's today, feels good

>Is ps4 sotc actually good? I heard it was inferior to the original which is one of my favorite games. I’ve only played it quickly (defeated the first colossi) but it seems the same so far except from the fancy graphics. That’s the obvious difference. I’m guessing this has kind of changed the style of the game quite a bit and maybe the atmosphere, I think they’ve redone the soundtrack too. It kinda looks a bit like most other games nowadays rather than the unique look of how it was back on the ps2. I suppose it’s comparable to the look of the last gaurdian, with the gameplay of SoC

how often do you come across finding a blood rock in your crf dungos?

You can only get one as treasure once from Isz, Loran and Ihyll. Depth 5 layer 3 bosses have a decent drop chance, I get one every ~5 spelunk on average

It's all right, not exactly the same gameplay wise though. Your character is more stable on his feet and doesn't stumble as often as in original, easiest to see by jumping on the bridge to the 3rd Colossus, he would stumble and almost fall in original, no such thing in remake, he just flinches a little bit. Except for that, the only bad thing is his fucked up Soyboy face, rest of changes are cosmetic and very subjective, really. Like, his visible body degradation or fog and other effects. There's nothing really game breaking and if you want to play it again, no reason not to play the remake, it looks gorgeous in general. I recommend playing on hard if you've beaten the original already.
This makes me wish the multi in it actually happened, would've been cool cooping colossi with /bbg/.

It almost makes me sad invading normies at Mergo's, their pathetic story gems barely scratching my health bar despite having 10+ level advantage. The blood cummies helps me live with myself.

>It almost makes me sad invading normies at Mergo's

You are all terrible people and the fact that I share servers with you makes my head shudder uncontrollably

Nothing is more satisfying that demolishing some poor downscaled cooperator, then turning to the host and bullying them with poison, throawables, beast roar, running away then coming back for more bullying. Makes me feel like I'm some kind of guerrilla warfare hunter or something like that.

Fuck, I feel like making a twink. But I don't really like ayysite. Is twinking with Bloodletter good?

To be honest, this makes sense when you think about it. Even in all the roots I've seen, certain paths to the treasure rooms and lever rooms spawn quite reliably, to the point where I can enter a chalice I've never played before and 75% of the time my path will take me right to the chest or lever. If true random room generation existed, you'd end up with nonsense room arrangements.

Then again, the average player is never going to play through every chalice that could ever possibly exist, so while it's true that some potential is wasted, it hardly matters for the most part.

Yes. I've never done one, only been on the receiving end. My guess would be 20-30 vit, enough str for the letter and everything else in blt, then farming watcher for blt offshapes.

The chalice rooms are all like lego pieces, there could definitely be a truly random system that still makes sense as long as a bunch of rules are adhered to. Always having an access point for rooms, making sure rooms don't collide and so on. Even with the limited set of dungeons for us to explore it's fine though, there is just not enough variation in the rooms themselves for it to matter that much. Playing fully random rooms would be cool but it's still the same giant drawbridge, the same big oilfield, log bridge over the chasm or whatever else.

>farming watcher for blt offshapes

Help with story chalice ebrietas? Pasword: ahhh

Ringing by the fog.

What about taking a ride inside a snake's mouth as you're returning to your world?

>Want to make any character
>Remember chalices
Welp, I am sticking to my wheel character and farming brainsuccs
BUT, I do want to make an "unarmed" char (lost parasite no rune). What are the best gems for this meme weapon with no ayy head?

Furfags with a vore fetish.

Flat ARC, the same you're going to farm from Succ Bois for your Wheel.

Preciate it

>19 posters
>thread has been up for almost a day
Night is almost over..
Same as Des

Flat arc gems, like the ones you would put on a dash wheel. It's better for twinks since it doesn't pack a punch but if you're gud enough you can try it on BL 98

It looks cool and you know it

But this ones would be % arc + flat arc instead of phys/blunt% + arc right?

Those are extremely rare, so you can just settle down for phys% + arc, as what really matters is that Flat Arcane damage.

Pour one out for our great grandaddy who blazed the trail for our cosmic memes.

Umbasa.

To be fair, BB was supposed to be a "sequel" to Demon's

phys% + flat arc
Parasite fists have low base damage and as said they are easier to get

Who's not being fair, faggot?

A lot of posters probably went to /dsg/ for Demon's Souls' last hurrah.

As someone who posts a lot in both generals, /dsg/ is right now unsually active with 152 unique posters (usually both /dsg/ and /bbg/ have around 60-70)

>thread has been up for almost a day
You mean 6 hours. During NA's night time

It was, but that got changed.

There were some threads on /v/ that were supremely comfy aside from the typical hurr das beta ez fags. I co-oped an entire NG+ cycle with some guy before it died.

Alright gents, I only need to kill Yharnam for platinum. Haven't started with Chalices yet. Wish me luck.

redbull me on Shadows Die 2x

Otogi x Kuon crossover game

>there were some threads on /v/ that were supremely comfy
See that's the thing about Demon's Souls though, I have sympathy for the people who legitimately get nostalgic about the online but at the same time I can't help but feel like it's a bit ridiculous that sure everyone's feeling nostalgic about it NOW when the servers are dying but DeS online was neglected for years and years when it was still alive which caused Sony / Bamco / Atlus to finally pull the plug when the players evaporated.

You'll get a "we don't know jack shit" pill.

Fucking christ. Just killed abhorrent beast. Got him into visceral position, the animation started, and my character just started standing in the middle of his body doing no damage. Fuck this game sometimes man.

uh, weird
thats not a good pill
all i can see in the "trailer" is a really old prosthetic leg

Don't dodge backward and he becomes the easiest boss.

I beat him first try. Just fuckin pissed I actually got him in visceral position and didnt get the damage I deserved.

I had a glitch yesterday where when I visceraled keeper she would fly straight up into the air, before coming down again as the visceral animation finished. But it ended with her being stuck in the ceiling and I had to finish her with molotovs

Happens, often. I usually finish her with the tricked Burial Blade L2 or tricked Beast Cutter R2.

He's waiting for round 2 in Lower Loran.

I'm in lower loran. Ringing for darkbeast if anyones available. Pass: ahhh

Ringing by the fog.

I'm booting up, wait for me

Waitin for 2 then

I agree. It was neglected for a long time. I myself am actually pretty new to the game, only got it last October or something, but I've grown inordinately fond of it. I'm glad I got to play with people, but it's lonely now. I hope the upspike in activity shows there's still an audience. It's not exactly a hard game to market. But the publishing is all weird.

good dudes

Spelunk?

I'm in.

Glyph 22xgfgv6
Pass bbg22
Disclaimer: I didn't make the chalice, but I wanted to explore it. Will reply when full

>stuck at work
Fugg

Ringing.