/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Previously on /dbfzg/: >DLC Pack 1 revealed:
i.imgur.com/833zlQV.jpg

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/john_decorato/status/968676545077235712
twitter.com/TsukoG/status/967820992570683392
youtube.com/watch?v=f-1JnAaU4iI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Welp, I can't put nappa on my team. No beam, no armor without meter. no nothing. And worst of all his vanish isn't safe.He's the only character in the whole roster that absolutely needs a buff.

Should I learn to play Cell or T. Gohan? Which is more technical?

he needs a beam, or vegeta is even better, so he has time to plant raditz

His neutral is so bad especially with this shit netcode. If your opponent gets out of the corner you may as well not even bother trying to chase. Just block and spend meter to get your point back in.

His mouth beam should've just been something he had, and then his super level 3 could've just been some brutal slam that ended with him knocking them away for free saibaman plant.

It's weird how so many of Beerus' English voice lines sound like they were heavily edited. As if they were sped up or trimmed down.

>over half the price of the full game
what the fug

>tfw too brainlet to play characters that dont have the staircase combo

>mfw I play Beerus and Cell

Cell is leagues above T. Gohan

Why do all the Blugeta BNB combos have rekkas > vanish > ground slam as a finisher? It's not a hard knockdown and it does less damage than just H to slam to ground then using a super. If I super at the end of vanish combo, it does less than using 2 supers in the normal combo. And if I have a ton of bar, i'll just be using L3 (or L5) for better damage and the hard kockdown?

>removed lobby character animations
>remove floating bug after accepting world matches

Let's just remove everything that's fun, shall we.

>season pass only adds 8 characters
Surely we'll get more eventually right

I'm not paying for shit until the fix the game

>normal Super Ghost Kamikaze still the same, not disappearing after DHC
sounds like I still can kill chaozu with my combo

it's if you don't use the normal BnB, but instead 5M2M 236LLM 2M5H5S Superdash corner route
fame also doesn't go for the vanish route, unless it kills, otherwise he goes for EX grab ender

i swear to god my thumb is not wide enough to do IADs (pressing 9 on dpad) reliably, anyone have this problem?

reminder to be nice to the dbfz community so they stick around

How does this game have worse netcode than SFV and crisis code combined?

it doesnt, youve probably just never played fighting games in your life so you dont know what bad netcode is. sfv has the worst netcode ever in fighting games, probably.

I've played several on PC and this is by far the worst. Random inputs, the game fast-forwarding or slowing down to a crawl depending on you and your opponents set up, needing to mash to get anything to happen on wake up and sometimes it still won't happen. It's absolute garbage.

sounds like youre lying or your pc is broken.

Where are you playing from?

Why in the fuck would I lie? Anyone can play this shit and experience the same exact thing.

>Anyone can play this shit and experience the same exact thing.
everyone on the internet says sfv's netcode is worse so clearly youre the only one experiencing sfv's netcode being better.

how are u supposed to do the 2nd jump in the bnb staircase combo i dont get it, the second time i hit 2h i just go straight down and cant jump up to catch him at all

You immediately hit L after the jumpcancel, gotta be quick about it.

i cant do it at all, is there any character that has a particularly easy time doing it because of longs limbs or something so i can try to do it on that first?

Hit up immediately after the 2H, if not almost at the same time.

anyone with a standard j2H not named Jyuuhachigo
Goku is pretty to do with

Just pick anyone medium sized and it should be fine. If you feel like recording it with inputs maybe I can see where you make the mistake.

lol holy shit i did it very easily, ive been spending hours once every few days trying to do it... turns out the problem was me mashing too much and jumping a second time after the first Up forward jump cancel of the combo so then i cant jump later on for the second 2h, hard to stop mashing though im on keyboard and sometimes get a straight forward jump instead of Up Forward jump at the start

did they nerf beerus?

Why would they do that?

wouldnt be surprised
they nerfed piccolo twitter.com/john_decorato/status/968676545077235712

Is anyone in the UK getting a "failed to initialize" message on booting up for lobby?

Found the capcuck. GTFO

How/when do I use sparking blast to extend combos? Any tips?

Anyone have a loop of cells intro yell?

>8 characters plus some miscellaneous cosmetics for $35
It's not exactly a bargain but it's the best price per-character of any major fighting game DLC.

what the fuck am i meant to do in final battle of 21 arc on hard mode. time limit is like 30 seconds. whenever i get her low hp she just sparkings and regens all her hp while im kicking her fucking teeth in

Isn't there a timer buff?

lol nvm. didn't realize time up was victory. i thought you had to kill her in the time limit so i kept ragequitting to title whenever she used sparking.

big deal, the characters are all just reused from the anime. not like they had to do a lot of work.

>the characters are all just reused from the anime. not like they had to do a lot of work.

lol

How much of the story do you have to do to get Android 21? I did the first arc and it was terrible.

3d design and animation is a bit of work user. Pretty sure the animations don't have a lot of frames though.

You can cancel any normal or special into it, and unless you're really high up they'll fall and bounce off the ground in a juggle state you can hit them from the entire time, even after the bounce. Basically just find a spot in a combo either really early or when you would generally do a super (depending on if you want to maximize combo damage or just activate Sparking mid-combo to add a bit more and have more time with it in neutral after the combo) when you're near the ground (not on it, just not too high up) and continue your combo off that.

Some characters can link into Sparking as well, like Cell after his Level 1 in the corner, which is honestly one of his low-key best tools because he's I think the only character that can combo after his own Level 1 solo like that.

All of it

you do the entire first arc, then the entire villain arc which is about as long as the first, then you get her in the last few maps of the android arc. 90% of the android arc you just have 18 and 16 for characters

Cell is too perfect.

BBTag is going to have a lower price/character DLC, but when you factor in that half the cast is DLC the deal sours.

None of it

How do I counter the Crouch block + 2H spammers?

>IAD+overhead
>6M+Assist combos
>Applicable autocombos (Goku Blue, Trunks+Assist, Beerus, etc)
>Character Specific Special Moves (Piccolo crossup, Goku Blue crossup, Yamcha crossup, etc)
>Dragon Rush
>Vanish

bait and punish the 2H
use assists to keep them in the bone zone while you high-low
lame them out until they start playing your game
and then there's a bunch of character-specific stuff, whats your team?

Beerus Cell and Black

You really shouldn't have any problems breaking crouching guards with that team.

Beerus has an autocombo crossup and a level 3 grab, Cell is solid overall and has his aerial teleport chop move, and Black has instant transmission.

I recommend practicing breaking crouching guards in training my friend.

People that play smurfs need to kill themselves

twitter.com/TsukoG/status/967820992570683392
It's not fair!

Bash their heads in

Lol what a retarded looking character design

Bardock or Broly

who will you use and why?

bardock because broly's movies sucked ass

Bardock. Not a fan of big bodied dudes

Broly, because he is cute
youtube.com/watch?v=f-1JnAaU4iI

Broly. I play the biggest, biggest-buttoned, most super-armored character in basically every single game. 16 is great, but he's not even half of what Broly could be on that front. Fuck, I can't wait to see what he can do.
>mfw I throw out a lariat that rmorsthrough an entire beam from fullscreen and I get a combo off of it

all of them, every character in this game is fun and dont require fuckton of relearning to use them. learning the fundamental mechanics takes much more time.

>tfw my local anime convention is on the same weekend
about to be a good weekend

Not him, but as a SS2 rank, i still havent used half the roster. Characters like Majin Buu bother me with moves like j.2H not being a launcher.
I also dont want to use shit like black and 16 because of just how stupidly good they are
My current team is Trunks/Goku/Vegeta, and its working just fine

bardock because saiyans look better with black hair and his story is less dumb

>Characters like Majin Buu bother me with moves like j.2H not being a launcher.

I had to just get over it to get good with cell. It took awhile to get used to his combos but it's worth it for some characters. Cell was my first pick to play as when the game came out but I dropped him because of that. But he's just too fun,too good, too perfect. It also got boring having everyone on the team that had the same staircase combos.

I was running a kid buu/black/goku team and I really liked goku but it felt like he was the weak link so I replaced him with Cell.

Bardock, hopefully his melee options are good.

how do good players handle oki as hit

qcf.S into a normal with an assist
I dont play hit, so take it with a grain of salt

ded bread

based

Gonna try and learn Hit.

Anyone got any good tech or tips with using him?

Also who works well paired with him for DHC combos and assists and the like?

1. He's really ground-based, but don't think he doesn't have good reach. 236M LLL tracks anywhere on screen and the downward hit is an overhead; Icy Glare is unblockable and can reach any part of the floor; his S specials give him a ton of tricky mobility; his counter will punish anything if he's standing or teleport him directly behind the opponent if he's airborne; despite a lack of options his air normals are not bad.

2. His blockstrings can get nasty with an assist. He can cross up, go for his slow but strong 2L or 2M, IAD crossup with j.L, go for L Glare (EX in the corner which gives you a combo without vanish), go into 236M and mixup from that, etc.

3. 214S, the command backdash, is special cancellable, into literally all of his other specials. His 5LLL, the punch string, is also special cancellable on block or hit.

4. 2H xx 236M xx LLL in the corner lets you link a 5L after the bounce.

5. 16 & a beam assist are your best options for his partners, but another horizontal assist that could help him mix up could replace the beam. 16's assist is AMAZING for blockstrings and keeps them standing on hit, so you have tons of possible shenanigans with it. Yamcha's assist could also work, although it will scale more and push them a little away.

Tien. Seriously fuck this character. Why does he hit so fucking hard? Not to mention his moveset is made entirely to open you up with 50/50's.

He's good in a lot of ways because he has 2 issues: read-heavy gameplay (they can block low for volleyball and react to crane kick, plus EX Volleyball grab is jumpable on reaction) and supers that all harm him in some way (unrecoverable health or the loss of his best oki tool). The only reason he's still good is because he has really good damage on top of those tools. I expect him to become more popular over time.

Both + 16 anchor
We big brawler boyz

>Why does he hit so fucking hard?
Because he's constantly killing himself

Who /devilish/ here?

Whats the deal with Freeza? why is no one playing him?

He's so boring

Poor Chiaotzu didn't know what he was doing.

Can you throw out assists while reflecting?

He's awkward. All his zoning is at odd angles and he has subpar ok ground game.

Broly, he's always been my favorite DBZ character and I'm glad I can use him soon in FighterZ.

Fuck. i wanted to play him but not if he's worthless. Seemed like he had potential as a anchor with golden + sparking.

>team is cell/beerus/gotenks
doing staircase combos with gotenks is real fucking easy

You don't know bad netcode until you've played MK9 online.

that's fucking awesome

I'll give Bardock a chance, but I'm pretty tired of using generic saiyans.

Broly Im more interested in for the long ass limbs.

Bardock because him and his movie are metal as fuck

he's just goku but not a retard

He's a great anchor and not as bad as people let on. He just isnt as optimal as Cell, Black, or 16. He also plays different than half the roster so a lot of people dont bother with him. Play him if you want a strong anchor, with great damage, a great corner game, and some zoning tools.