soundcloud.com/i_am_sorry/idle
soundcloud.com/i_am_sorry/uggo-x-sorry-heart/s-P3qcr
soundcloud.com/i_am_sorry/ambt10/s-OtWTH
soundcloud.com/i_am_sorry/lullsketch/s-8360x
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post progress.

Ok guys. OP here. this guy was earlier. Lets not make a mess

Kickstarters can be good.

It was a kickstarter that gave us FP and Hat in Time.

The other thread is awful. He didn't even make OP right.

>Kickstarters can be good.
A small minority have been great, but there have been so many high profile failures and scams like mighty 9, Y-L, star citizen, planetary annilation, Stomping lands, broken age part 2, yogwhateveritwas etc.

Also had to delete my post because all of the links were broken, hope you understand friend.

Seconding this. How can they fuck it up? They have one job...

Ok. Lets post here. How tell me /agdg/ - why havent you released yet?

???

homph.com/steam

Hey-a guys! It's-a-me, Mario! And I'm-a here-a to say, your game is great-a! Keep it up! Woo! Wo-hoo! Ya-hoo! Ha-ha!

Have you wash your dishes yet? A clean environment is necessary for productive devving.

Ah, true. I would say that the credibility of kickstarters is shaken, but I wouldn't say dead.

Jack & Casie, Project Blue Omen did get kickstarted not much time ago.

you're right i'll ask my mom to hurry up (she's vacuuming right now which distracts me from devving as well)

both of those arent even agdg games they are games by tumblr faggots that only came in here to shill when the time was right before their kickstarters notice how they never post here.

Talk about actual agdg kickstarters

Did they? I must have been away when they did, how much did they make?

Fight knight you faggot

I wish I could post the crappy comic here, where a mom is cleaning in front of the tv, while the kid is trying to play. And he pops a boner. But I could't find it right now...

I'm not talking about /agdg/ kickstarters however, I am talking about using kickstarters in a general way.

But if you /agdg/, Bokube was kickstarted recently (but didn't get as much money as those two). It's a puzzle game however, so that's kinda expected.

Risk of Rain was kickstarted too, but it was 2013 so it's not really useful for the argument.

why would he pop a boner right then and there? was there something lewd on the tv?

Can confirm. Puzzle game's were a mistake lots of people neglect my game solely for the fact its a puzzle game without even looking much further into it.

Apart of the reason I added the light-action platforming to help entice.

Blue Omen did 62k, Jack & Casie did 32k.

From the ones I said, Risk of Rain did 30k, Bokube 5k and another user said Fight Knight, who for reference did 52k in Canadian dosh.

No. The joke was that the mother was on all fours, in front of the tv, which made the son aroused. Something akin to this (extremely crappy) picture. gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3252685

d-delete this

Almost ready for demo day!

That's... actually cool user.

what physics library?

>game's aesthetics are all over the place
>don't show anything but basic gameplay
>"i-it's not my fault ! it's because it's a puzzle game !"
Talos principle sold like hotcakes and it's a puzzle game.

PhysX in unity

Puzzle games sell well, the reason that people give your game a pass is that the gameplay looks clunky and unappealing.

Make a version with estrogen please.

I haven't played it, but I remember it, because it had a slightly mystical atmosphere and it advertized itself as being something akin to Portal. That is, puzzles but also a narrative. Those got me intriqued even without any gameplay.

But I still don't know what Bokugame is supposed to be.

this tbqh, I though you did away with the puzzling around when you added the dashing.

Found this shit at random. Look familiar to anyone?

store.steampowered.com/app/499460/Tomato_Jones/

Can we not let you-know-who ruin another thread this early?

Same deal for me. From what I've gathered, the "puzzles" in bokube are just pushing blocks around. Which is also most likely the kind of puzzles people like the least.

Where are the puzzles?

>game's aesthetics are all over the place
>don't show anything but basic gameplay
These these are valid opinions but aren't things a normal kickstarter person will care about.

>store.steampowered.com/app/499460/Tomato_Jones/

>A finished game

nope, wouldn't look familiar to anyone who browses /agdg/

I will literally play every demo day game (maybe). So you better enter! There's still time!

Will you also do a stream?

Does bokube have rideable minecarts yet?

>blaming everything but your own incompetence
You're now a true indie dev.

>default Unity's AddForce

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Between Unity and Godot, which has the best performance inside the SDK while running on a potato?

looks better than boku at least

>inside SDK
What. Do you know what SDK means?
Did you mean IDE/Editor? The answer is - probably around the same for both.

store.steampowered.com/app/788890/Tomato_Jones__Episode_3/
There are 3 of these

he probably meant requirement for emulators, demos and shit.

it unironically does to be honest, both graphics and gameplay wise

The dev also does cub games....

store.steampowered.com/app/557190/BuildMoreCubes/

>those BFXR sounds
You hear this shit? Don't fucking do it. It's the audio equivalent of pixel thin noodle limbs.

name better alternative, my black friend

Use Chiptone and then take the results and edit them further with audacity, mix them with stock sounds too.

Should I name my game Epic Punch Of Awesome or Badass Punch Epic or Awesome Awesome Explosion Bacon Punch

Awesome Awesome Explosion Bacon Punch

savage

UNATCO?

>record yourself chanting buddhist mantras
>????

Epic Nazi Bacon Puncher Turbo: Return of awesomeness

Just use a simple FM synth in a DAW, that'll be a much more simple workflow

Havent heard of it. The technique seems the same as with bfxr. Also
>flash
really?

Are there free options out there?

Has a greater range than BFXR at least.

Can sound effects like the ones on PS1 Square-Enix games be made with a synthesizer?
youtube.com/watch?v=l3YTaLg0mTc
Like these ones.
Please don't bully, I don't know anything about computers or audio.

your game is fun by itself being singleplayer. But your orignal idea for it was to be multiplayer. It being multiplayer is relatively more fun than being single player but singleplayer IS still fun.

wat do

I am not sure about synthesizers, but you could probably just record some of those sounds and do a "bit crunch" of sorts on them to give them that low quality old effect.

You make a singleplayer campaign and then also have a multiplayer mode

LMMS is free, Reaper needs a cheap licence for commercial use iirc.
Both should have built in synths (I use neither).

Depends on which ones we're talking. Some of the menu sounds can definitely be done with a synth, others sound like they're samples. Samples are also infinitely easier to work with as far as more complex sounds go. I've tried doing a futuristic weapon being fired sunday and ended up with the sound of a can being hit.

I want to promote my game through reddit, as that seems to me where all the kickstarter shekels are going to be.
Is this something one guy could do himself in you guy's opinion? I've seen shit get a lot of traffic and it LOOKS organic, but its impossible to know if everything that gets a lot of visibility is all down to paid shills.

wiki.laptop.org/go/Free_sound_samples
Mostly actually pro stuff and not like the freesound randos recording with their laptop mics.

This is exactly the comic I was looking for, but your post was deleted, and I can't find the comic from that thumbnail alone. (Fireden didn't catch it either.) Could you post a link, or something...?

fuvkign FUCK

fucked up my level generator and I can't figure out why

the generator keeps destroying itself before the level is complete

GOD DAMN

What's your game?

What kind of generator is it? Are you using a specific algorithm?

No one can really help you senpai unless you share more info. Unless you're just here to vent which is fine too because this shit is frustrating as fuck sometimes.

nice shit. thx

>looking through a older thread
>actually want to play some of the games people post
So weird

Mostly just venting, since the actual code is too much of a clusterfuck to post anywhere.

The idea is that I have a separate level generator object, which build the level in a few distinct phases and then deletes itself. (GMS:1.4).
However, for some god-forsaken reason the generator deletes itself about 3 phases too early, and there seem to be problems with using exit; as well. I'm starting to suspect it might be a GM bug, and not a problem with my code.

>Download one of the packs at random
>Animals clips are literally just some dude making noises.

archive.org/details/BoulangerTamTamReplacements

Alright, I guess I'm gonna be reading up on actual sound effect design. Thanks.

I want to play a lot of games, but they usually die.

Umbrella Warriors is still alive however so I am still happy.

That's the best kind of sample though, you don't want overly processed shit.

Nobody wants to play my game yet
But at this point it's just a debug room and some basic platformer gameplay with nothing actually interesting going on so I guess that's fair

posting again for new thread:
does anyone have any minor projects that need some simple-ish music or sound design? I've been producing for a while but have yet to work on any actual games; still, I'm familiar with making dynamic loops and I'd happily do stuff like UI sfx, blips and bloops and all that.

my main "videogame composer/sound designer" influences are masafumi takada (their work on suda51's games), soichi terada (their jungle inspired stuff - think acid face), ryota koduka (their work on the SMT series), and the soundtracks for Rez, ZoE, MGS, Senko no Ronde, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Uplink, and a bunch of other miscellaneous games from the mid 90s to mid 00s.
outside of videogame music I listen to a lot of trance, house, jungle, techno, jpop, new wave, drum and bass, and ambient music. other artists that have really inspired my style include susumu hirasawa, oneohtrix point never, ken ishii, and ryuichi sakamoto.

if the project is relatively small in scale, not for profit, and within my range I don't really care about compensation. if the above influences sound in line with what you're creating please hit me up either way. I don't upload my music often but if we chat I can provide samples of stuff I'm working on and am even open to taking requests here or sketching out ideas and sounds on the spot.

for now here's a (slightly old) track of mine:
soundcloud.com/i_am_sorry/idle
a more recent track I made with a friend that I might polish some more (they helped with the sampling since I almost never use samples except for drums and minor sfx):
soundcloud.com/i_am_sorry/uggo-x-sorry-heart/s-P3qcr
as well as a really simple ambient track reminiscent of 90s PC games:
soundcloud.com/i_am_sorry/ambt10/s-OtWTH

ne ways, sorry for the longpost.
if you wanna chat easiest way to reach me is discord @ zerocool#1960 since I don't check sc often.

I like cats.

where is your game nigga?

Your last 2 links are broken, the soundcloud only contains 1 original track and a remix.

Old copypaste?

Why we cannot be this happy?

me too, but unfortunately I'm allergic. no pets for me, just a (steadily dying) plant.
they're private links, so they won't embed for whatever reason. try clicking them/opening in a new tab and they should work fine. just tested it in a separate browser and it worked for me.
have a sketch I just made over the last 45 mins or so, inspired by paranoia agent and the no more heroes soundtrack:
soundcloud.com/i_am_sorry/lullsketch/s-8360x

I hope you're still around in 2-3 months. I really like the 2nd link.

If you're using 4chanX, I think it doesn't embed because it's private. You can open the link directly though

I can't be happy when I'm dead because of epileptic seizure

thanks!! it's pretty rare I pop in, but feel free to add me on discord or bookmark my soundcloud and shoot me a message when ya need me or whatever!

Good morning agdg I hope you have a great day

It's statistically unlikely.

I will steal the greatness from the days of every /agdg/ user and make it my own

Anyone know where I could find some high quality heightmaps of European cities? The more detail the better and not larger than a couple of km2

What are Construct games like filesize/performance wise? I just want to have fun and get making games as soon as possible. I'll learn to program/realengine another year.

>I'll learn to program/realengine another year.
never gonna make it

I don't want to 'make it' I just want to have fun putting some ideas on the screen without a huge learning process and tons of fine tuning and bug fixing. If I have fun, run into walls with Construct, and have bigger aims, then I'll put more effort in.

>no ambition
never gonna make it

as in I'm not asking how the engine performs, I'm asking how the software you develop in performs. So, the editor I guess?
Trying to run either on an i5 Surface Pro. I know Unreal 4 (the engine) can be used for very low spec stuff and run really well while the dev tools themselves universally shit the bed if your PC isn't state of the art so any 3D engine devkit that won't shit the bed on integrated graphics is what I'm looking for.
what