/arena/ - Arena FPS General

At Least You Tried edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

>QuakeNews
QC Update has moved from February to March 15 (at least devs aim for it), chances for same base speeds/diffrent acceleration values/no hard cap speed across all champions, certainly there will be 2v2 and instagib gamemodes. High chances for crashes to be eliminated from the game. Devs ask to "be patient".
Current patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

>DUSKNews
The DUSKWorld 1v1 actually happened it but it seems like there was no stream and it was all about discord lurkers (statement for this is: "Spectator wasn't ready yet", "this is sort of a prototype tourny" etc.) Episode 3 "soon™", DUSKWorld is "still in beta"

>Tutorials
youtu.be/SSNNhUAVRuA
youtu.be/gpir6ZZKmcM
youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtu.be/f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtu.be/n2tdDZWSGy4
youtu.be/dkED2PSrl1c

>QC custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

TRESPASSER:

Other urls found in this thread:

bethesda.net/en/article/45clhZhnUkmUyoQ6mMg0YW/amazon-gamelift-quake-champions
youtube.com/watch?v=Eodp-rZVe1w
youtube.com/channel/UCME51h3b-uUr4n5p5XhRRsw?view_as=subscriber
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ded thred ded gams

oh ok
anyway

can I make friends playing q3a?

>Ded again.
Bloody hell.

How can this guy have positive win/lose ratio but still have negative mmr?
How the fuck did nu-id code this shit?

>50 minutes to find a match
QC is dead i guess
i only want to do shit daily and be over with it

where do you live user? try connecting to a few more servers. ive had issues with this game but finding a match has never been one, even at odd hours.

I've made a tonne of friends playing Q3 CPMA

>europe
>post in evening before sleep, thread is quite lively
>come back after getting back home next day
>thread died but someone restarted it
Arena shooting is too demanding for burgers, it seems.

it was working fine till a few days ago . yesterday and today took 30 or 50 minutes to find a match
spain , if ican play with people from the other side of the world i would . fuck my own country

I use only EU servers and I get constant well below 60 second matchups.

>admitting that you don't play duel
dumb shitter

even a 4vs4 feels like shit because you spend most of the match trying to find people
fuck duels and fuck anything below 32 player matches

Anyone here play Warsow

Death at the gates again

Gayest (sexually) champions
BJ (topless) > anarki > scalebearer > clutch > keel > visor >>>>> ranger (straight as uncooked spaghetti)

What is the point of this?

just give up /arena/. Its time to move on

bethesda.net/en/article/45clhZhnUkmUyoQ6mMg0YW/amazon-gamelift-quake-champions

NO SENSE OF
H A R M O N Y

>id partnering with another company
Like Saber wasn't enough of experience. Idk how it will work overall, but from Tim's description it looks like they will do all servers backend.

I sense disaster.

so how do playermodels interact with each other for players on the same team? it seems that most of the time i can run right through my teammates. other times, mostly when waiting for powerups, sometimes my teammates are able to kinda push me off the platform.
so far ive experienced that with a clutch and i think a sorlag. the clutch player, every time, was able to nudge me off of mega/armor and take it for himself.
is this normal or only a clutch/fat champ thing?

I think there's some kind of soft collision. You can freely pass through friendly teammates, but if you linger in the same space as a teammate the game begins to push the two players away from each other.

To be fair, this is Amazon, not a bunch of backwater cheeki breekis.

I fucking love those autists who spent time on art like this

i see. makes sense

had a nightmare that I was a short asian titty monster rubbing my face along Ranger's abs while he claimed he just wanted to go home and see his wife and kids and then I ate pineapples with Slash

r u a gril??

>no sorlag
dream better

What can be done for UT4 to be revived? It can't stay in Pre-Alpha state forever.

well first of all epic needs to assign some devs to it

So /arena/ never thought I would hear of this but there is a new build engine game coming and her name is Ion Maiden.
What do you think /arena/ looks pretty dope doesn't it?

the transition to these servers has already happened some time ago. This is just marketingbs

this but aside of that
>Rehash of UT99 with prettier graphics won't do - look at the fate of Toxikk and Reflex arena.
>1v1 and small scale arena niche is taken by QC right now - UT4 would be simply late to the party
so then
>teammodes revolving mostly around vehical combat
CTF with vehicles with futuristic setting isn't a thing on PC afaik and it could expand on the (Tbh) unfinished concept from UT2004/UT3. Current gamemodes would stay as it is ofc.

I'm... confused
>Hai! we brought Bombshell which bombed our sales
>Ok - now we are making a demake with her!
pic related

>SORLAG IS A GRIL!?!? xD

Explains why it works so much better now than it used to.

>a terrifying mass of hard scales, sharp teeth, thicc tail and wide hips

Are more concept art around?

There are some of Visor and Nyx.

Hey you won't hear me complain any new Singelplayer AFPS is ok in my book.

Buncha. Check their Twitter, not gonna post it all. Wonder why Sorlag got a hi-poly model render while everyone else got genuine concept art.

I'm not really complaining. It's just confusing as hell move for me.
I already have it on my wishlist (also I checked gggmanlives' review of it). Imo it will be good, definitely better than Bombshell because there will be no meaningless mechanics and the map design will be 1000x better.

HUH

Daily reminder that Tim is deliberately forcing you to play unoptimized shit with maps too full of shit that no matter how good hardware you have you will always get jitter and total freezes.
Meanwhile Tim himself is playing QC without weapon model and picmic.

huh

But I play on highest settings and get a stable 60fps and none of that shit.

>60 fps

>start game
>can't move
>can't aim
>can shoot
>can dire orb forward
>can complain about it in chat
Huh?

>walk into tele at low health
>immediately start shooting nailgun on other side
>SUICIDE and rubberband back to tele entrance
>Game calculated my nail fired after I entered tele was actually fired before tele
>and registed nail collision with the tele as I stepped through it
>and this aoe nail damage killed me
>game gives me after-death hitregister on the other nails fired before the game told me I was dead, on the far side of tele

That look of Ranger would not look out of place in Warhammer 40K or any other futuristic grimdark setting.

that's already a ranger skin, as well as the model used in the pre-rendered announcement trailer

that's fucked

Still, I haven't seen a face so ugly since Brink.

a face only an all-mother could love

Are you seriously asking this?
It's Glicko2 ELO, you can lose from one loss more than you gained with 1+ win(s)
What likely happened is that he lost to someone of much lower rank (200-300 difference) and had to give up more points than he had, thus going into the negative

>even a 4vs4 feels like shit because you spend most of the match trying to find people
>fuck duels and fuck anything below 32 player matches
This isn't Battlefield, though. QC maps are made to accommodate 8 players. If you're not finding people in 4v4 you're fucked up
Most maps you can sweep in under 10 seconds (going from mega to red, looking into most or all rooms). You're doing something wrong

Don't die...

reminds me of those titanfall 2 low res "models". they were more like legos that vaguely resembled a humanoid figure

funny. i had something similar happen the other day on sarnath.
playing galena and losing a fight at LG. im about to die to LG, i run to tele, go through and drop a totem immediately. but due to whatever, the LG hits me after i travel through the portal. i die and rubberband back to the other side of the portal, where the LG is, but my totem did actually come out and stayed on the other end, the shotgun/RL/mega area
weird stuff!

Does anyone else feel like the content trickle for this game is too slow? I mean, even if you disregard how long it takes between new champions being added, the delay (fucking MONTHS) to get a measly map added to the game is gigantic and all but unacceptable

QC is a B or even C-tier project within id
Your fault for being dumb enough to buy the Champions Pack
To everyone else, the waits are shitty but not as painful because no $$$ was invested

Convince me not to play the latest Unreal Tournament game

it's fukken dead m8

zippityzap slash give me the brap

whats the actual deal with this? i remember seeing some promotional material of the game a long time ago, some really high definition screenshots of a map and some guns but thats about it. have not heard anything about it since.
is it released/early access with slow/no updates or content? is it in development hell or what? whats wrong with it?

It's fine but kinda barebones. It was supposed to live off community content (and it does to an extent), but not a lot of people stuck with the game
It's now on hiatus due to everyone being on Fortnite

What did he mean by this?

>28 Jun 13

They've taken the entire team off UT4 and got them helping on Fortnite instead

who here /ultrawidemasterrace/? So glad QC supports it, that alone makes it better than those shitty old quakes

Basically any non-basic-bitch sourceport of the old Quakes also supports it

she's murder she's grace
i want that ass on my face

you know assholes smell bad right? women's assholes smell even worse than a mans.

yes

Confirmed for having sniffed a man's asshole. Faggot

>he thinks that's a bad thing

Uhm sweetie, we are talking about real games here. Nobody gives a shit about some ugly fps from 1996.

16o ruskis with toasters need to fuck off from afps scene forever
>w-why cant a 2017 game run on my 2009 budget pc???????????? fuckin fix your shit dis is not acceptabool

Ok /arena/ I'm working on visors voice lines video any memes I should feature in the vid?

youtube.com/watch?v=Eodp-rZVe1w

what is ur channel dude

R E M O V E
K E B A B
N I G G A

youtube.com/channel/UCME51h3b-uUr4n5p5XhRRsw?view_as=subscriber

CSGO player tries to play Quake Champions.

R E M O V E
A N A R K I
B L Y A T

Does anybody have a Remove Kebab gif with visor?

not I said the frog

Made 'em better.

Fuck yes, thank you.

C'mon /arena/ stay in the fight.

It's Thursday Tim.
You said there would be patch on Thursday Tim.
WHERE'S THE FUCKING PATCH TIM!

15th march

Is there a way to test how well QC will run on my computer? bump

Install the Bethesda client, download QC for free and play around for a bit. It runs way better than nuDoom for me.

hehe

I like this. It actually takes skill and brainpower instead of the snapshotting that hitscan-shitters rely on.

ku ku ku.....

warsow is better