/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Shadows Die Twice trailer
[YouTube] FromSoftware's new project (embed)

>DaS1 Remaster information
docs.google.com/document/d/1Tx8SxAv_HW57SRdx0CCwquRP2DPM36zz7QwB_wTQclE/pub

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw (embed)

>Shitposter filter lists for Veeky Forums X users
pastebin.com/fZHW0a8b (embed)

>Character Planners
mugenmonkey.com/
soulsplanner.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1X57UrBP6agjk1heiYS7fOzhK67TYDXAoTvRHOFwoabc/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs (embed)

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS (embed)

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75 (embed)

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3 (embed)

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZTsqH1D5
leg.fxgaming.org/files/SystemTest/?Main:Dark_Souls_III
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are the glory days of /dsg/ co-op over or shall we get to it?

just out of curiosity, what do you want to coop?

>he cosplays using shit weapons
Lmao
Enjoy being trash while I kick ass with my Dark Lothric Knight Sword and Chaos Bed Vestiges +Black Flame Pyro Gwyndolin cosplay

Nothing in particular, just in the mood to summon and be summoned.

Is this the new tumblebuff glitch? Cause it looks fucking retarded and takes too long to be viable.

How do you chase faggot reds who keep rolling away from you?

How much DEX should I aim for to maximize casting speed in a caster build? Never played one and I literally have no idea.

whats the best greatsword in the game?

Summon some more and stomp your way through the level as they helplessly watch and pretend to have fun as they throw firebombs at you or come in to swing and get blendered, until they hit a dead end

caps at 50. sage ring adds the equivalent of 30/35/40 dex to cast speed

equip anything faster than a greatsword

get next to them, swing as soon as they roll

Wolnir's Holy Sword

With sage ring +2 you can literally have max casting speed at 10 dex (on 1 char I have 9 and combos work fine)

Astora for PvP iirc standard GC for PvE

>whs
lel

>tfw there are so many weapons you want to do a invasion build with that you cant decide and do nothing.

Ludwig's Holy Blade

pastebin.com/ZTsqH1D5
pastebin.com/ZTsqH1D5
pastebin.com/ZTsqH1D5

Updoot on the Sirris fic, everything in "Part II" should be new.

whats best weapon for fth/int

Ghru Dagger

Chaos Four Pronged Plow

Onyx Blade, any dark infusion

fuck off i am talking about ds3

yeah but its late as fuck to get it

You can get it even before you kill angry catholics

You can go and bully Vilhelm for his dumb edgelord popsicle stick as early as the Cathedral, ya dweeb.

>lothric knight sword blessed
>lothric knight sword lightning
which one lads

Faggot red here asking: how do you chase faggot hosts who roll away forever, only stopping to summon, with way of blue on?

Summon a buttbuddy. Swing to make the red roll, hope that the butbutty punishes the roll. Either that or hug the red and let the white force him to roll, then punish the roll yourself. Solo there's no way to both force and punish a roll.

Alternatively you can just not fight the red and go through the level instead.

is blessed buffable?

i doubt i'll be able to kill him tough

you learn to rollcatch, or play their game and stay in their world forever

Put their friends on steam block list and watch them desperately try to survive. Any blue that gets summoned over way of blue is free estus

>onyx blade
>D/D
dont troll user

Hm. I have no idea, never used it before.

>this post

pretty good. I didn't expect it to get lewd so quickly.

the world also seems a lot more alive than I'd imagine it to be. does it take place in the distant past or something?

how get onyx blade early?
anyway to cheese the knight?

get good

kick/force him off the ledge

hit him until he runs out of health.
dodge to not get hit

>the world also seems a lot more alive than I'd imagine it to be does it take place in the distant past or something?
Yeah, essentially it's set before the game events of Dark Souls 3. The Undeads everywhere thing works for the game, but I'd like to write more "ordinary life" scenarios set in the Dark Souls universe, otherwise character deaths are relatively meaningless and there isn't really a semblance of "normal" life in DS3 anymore.

>at Farron Keep
>not even a weapon at +2
>no titanite to use
I don't know what happened. How do I get some titanite at this point?

look for a tower in the swamp

There are Ashes in big tower in the poison swamp, after that you can buy it for 800 souls from that grandma

which weapon is better early
dark sword or deep axe?

>tally system
>to FP system

who the FUCK thought this was a good idea.

Forgot to back up my save after reformatting...again.

How do y'all import saves? Every thread I've found links to leg.fxgaming.org/files/SystemTest/?Main:Dark_Souls_III but that's dead.

deep dark sword?

eh, i just drag them into the folder or what do you mean

anyone willing to give me a ledos great hammer?

How much frost aux does Pontiff Scythe WA add?

Dark Hand feels better in pve because it uses almost no stamina.
With base end you can still smack something 6 or 7 times in a row.

can anyone point me to a detailed guide of how sin and Darkmoon invasions work in DS1?

all the wikis give really vague information with no numbers or ways to measure PVP sin. I assume you gain PVP sin by invading with red eyes, and I've heard you get sin just by joining the Forest Hunters, but none of of sites I've seen provide any statistics or data. Does anyone know where I can find this stuff?

Also, what's good Dorkmoon Cop build that I can use for the remaster? I wanna take full advantage of the Darkmoon Blade miracle but how high should I go into faith?

he's retarded, just let him commit suicide

fextra says 55, darksoulsplanner says 65

It's just single tallymarks for committing sinful actions, which get removed if a blue kills you. Things like gwynevere sin are their own thing.

You count as a sinner once you kill some friendly NPC's, like Gwynevere, Solaire etc. Then you can get invaded by blues. Also you can get summoned to dark anor londo

is that the astora straight sword? hasnt that been nerfed to shit or something?

but if he falls do i get the sword?

[ loud farting sound ]

only pvp sin matters for darkmoon invasions, which only adds up after getting indicted when killing a host as an invader

>Also, what's good Dorkmoon Cop build that I can use for the remaster? I wanna take full advantage of the Darkmoon Blade miracle but how high should I go into faith?
assuming ds1 is mechanically the same, 40 dex 40 faith, falchion, at least 62 poise, preferably 77, midrolling.

practice rollcatching and ghoststrikes

it's just a really old ass clip

but is the dark hand damage good?

yes, and the contraption key

well thats all i have. never used the thing

Damn it's so satisfying to smash parry spammer with lightning stake

What's the best soul level to stay at in your opinion and why?

SL 60 - 90.
Most consistent invasions, least amount of tryhards (most of the time).

There is none. This late is the game's lifecycle it's best to just have a build for each area.

how much poise should I have for a build with an ultra in II?

does anyone have a pyro build for that level. not sure what stats not to max at that level

What infusion should I get on my washing pole? I'm thinking either sharp or lightning.

40 dex, 60 faith, blessed weapon spell on a straight sword. Am I gonna be doing decently chunky damage? At that faith level, should I also have more than 14 attunement to do some cool offensive miracles, or natch?

Whats the difference between Enchanted and Magic in DS2?

>At that faith level, should I also have more than 14 attunement to do some cool offensive miracles, or natch?
i would. whats the point of magic if you cant do some fun stuff with it.

BW's damage doesn't scale with faith, all faith does is slightly speed up the regen. Just use DMB/SLB if you're going for 60 faith.

hmm well i'm already at SL120 with that build, can't really gimp my 25/25 vigor/end.

If i want more ATT I'll have to gimp Faith, but then it's gonna start being less worth it. Maybe 22 ATT, 52 faith or something like that.

thx for advice

enchanted gives physical scaling with int. magic gives magic scaling with int

22 ATT doesnt give you an extra slot tho. 18 should be fine

Dark Saints Bident &
Golden Ritual Spear

24 att is the next breakpoint.
If you want more slots you can always get 2 with darkmoon ring though

honestly buffs are bullshit, even if you're only dueling and don't have to focus on long term survivability, you still only do slightly more damage and can have it all negated by a duel charm

you should just trade your dex for attunement to get some spells and use a lightning infused weapon with base str/dex

>Buffs
>Slightly more damage
Is this user for real?
I wanna see how you are going to survive through Sharp DMB LKS on dex/fth build.

Are spears shit or am I just shit?

by using a dark infused one with almost as much damage for much less investment and no time limit?

You're just a piece of poo.
Spears are hella good.

Two hand a high stability shield and push him off a cliff.

>mfw opponent buffing their Splifleaf GS with DMB
>mfw opponemt buffing their Exile GS with divine weapon
>mfw invading at low sl and host has lightning buffed Drakeblood GS

>duel charm
>boring passive play
Either one works.

Such is the curse of low-level invasions.

>Dark Infused
>Almost as much damage
Ok, stop, you're not even funny at that point. 60fth/int buff build will shit on any 30/30 Dark infusion if we only consider pure weapon damage output.
You seem to clearly underestimate buff powers when maxed out.
Also Duel Charms are limited to 5 and can be easily avoided when played properly. Also how many times do you think will I be able to rebuff my weapon to make your "boring passive play" work?
Please stop writing such nonsence.

It's easier to do 26 str + 60 faith, or even just 12/12 with 60 faith. Either way you get sunlight SS and bident with those stats, both are faith weapons with 12/12 min reqs. Bident can be blessed, heavy, whatever.

>>mfw invading at low sl and host has lightning buffed Drakeblood GS
around SL 20 this is worse than onyx without even taking range into account

>almost as much damage
yeah I sure do love watching speedrunners with their dark infused SSTB user

Does the Wolf Knight Greatsword do anything interesting if you wield it in the off-hand, like it did in DS2?

you need to take into account defenses and how damage is calculated

dark lks has mostly dark ar, which most people lack defenses against, dmb on the other hand has mostly physical with a small amount of magic ar

If I recall 40 dex/60 faith dmb lks does around 300 damage per hit while dark lks does 250

I never underestimated buff powers. I just said two ways to not deal with them.

why the fuck is there an entryway here but no place to go in.

There's an item there in ng++

Another one of DS3's brilliant design choices.

convoluted

just be happy it doesnt have a door in front of it that opens from the other side