drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sdt5SD8Tk6HXt1EvOnQkw6hUtLO0JsrM

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
mega.nz/#F!crJz0LZb!WIH3QNagELMoiHrefK_dqA
mediafire.com/folder/6lyy201y5yca9/Fallout_New_Vegas

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta:
pastebin.com/raw/T2W52s3R

/aco/ thread:
Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!T1VlGQBJ
youtube.com/watch?v=VxoK62lusZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is huh...wow

>talking to NPCs
>instead of just shooting everything that moves
Get a load of this NMA grandpa.

>shitposting
Back to /v/ please

IS FOIIII 64-bit? And does that help the modding scene?

Don't you mean LXIV-bit?

Here's a backup for those who didn't backup their fallout 4 exe
Link - mega.nz/#F!T1VlGQBJ
Key - !mo-GDTlKmN79hSdu7xUJ5A

>Cait joins the Followers and helps other people cure their addictions like she cured hers
HNNG

>people still shackle their games to third party script extenders that break due to petty "version checks" that the script extender teams stubbornly refuse to remove
Idiots

Reminder that Fallout4 counts as an RPG if you pretend it is and imagine things in the game that reinforce your make-believe

Is it normal that my weapons look blurry in third person with TAA. I use big guns and melee so it looks really bad.

no he meant IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-bit, and yeah it helps but there's not a lot of modding going on

Yes, I'm sure. If you did have it, it must've been cause of TTW. But now that you mentioned Anchorage I should check if any of the DLCs have it. Thanks.

Fault Betheda for that, Skyrim people was too busy already on Oldrim, they released Fallout 4 dividing the community plus a lot of people who was already tired of modding on top of that not so much time later they release Skyrim SE, now there is people still working on Oldrim, Fallout 4 and SE

>Reminder that Fallout4 doesn't count as an RPG if you pretend it isn't and imagine things in the game that reinforce your make-believe
Fixed that for you

I dont want to be a parent. Huh-oh

It's been ages but i could swear the queststage with the simulation chair in Anchorage has a getequipped script attached to it.

name a better RPG than Fallout 4. then never come back to this general since there's no reason for you to since you know of a better RPG.

might be godrays, not TAA
but TAA sucks regardless and you shouldn't be using it

>Fault Betheda for that,
IT really has nothign to do with Bethesda.

Fallout has never had an active modding scene compared to Elder Scrolls because TES's scene is far older, more established, and many people simply prefer fantasy over Scifi because it is easier to work with.

Fallout 4 was never going be that big for the same reason 3 and NV weren't, even still, it did quickly surpass New Vegas in terms of number of mods and mod downloads.

Not just sci-fi but post apocalyptic sci-fi.

I'm making a simple mod which adds some armor-related perks. Gimme any ideas you got.
Using form lists I can easily make the perks only apply to certain armors.

I just checked and it does. Thank you user, you're a fucking livesaver. I usually only load the Fallout3 esm when I'm checking for stuff in the GECK.

Fallout NV :^)

>i said something that wasn't utterly retarded
I can happily go to sleep now

>another 12-25 years until CDPR finally relases Cyberpunk and gives me a new sci-fi RPG to free me from this hell

thanks for the info. It does fix it, i guess i just gotta get used to the jagged edges.

goodnight buddy

Has anybody used Logan's Loophole for a full playthrough?

Did you feel you needed experience points to even play the game because it felt so unrewarding to go on past level 30?

>i think you'll find i'm quite flexible
W-what does she mean by this?

>Betheshits actually want aliens in Fallout

arent they making a new game set in space? they should really fuck off to that one instead of contaminating the fallout canon even more.

Are you confusing that with trainwiz's game?

C A N O N
A
N
O
N

>cdpr
>not overrated hacks
t. pole with good knowledge on polish games and game devs

that trainwiz faggot is making a game from scratch?

No, he means that starfield cukoldry.

>no option to slowly, over time, build up her self confidence and sense of self by asking her opinions and asking for her input on important events
>no option to free her after this

He's a programmer

couldnt give a shit, he has to deliver.

Yeah.

>fo4 wants to update

D-did F4SE update yet?

Well shidd good luck to ya
Are you going 3d?

>these people actually bought Fallout 4
lmao, absolute cucks

Just don't update.

Yeah, it's a Freelancer clone. Should come out sometime late Q2 or Q3 this year.

will it be good?

It's a Freelancer clone, of course it will be.

can I be a coolguy smuggler?

Yep, just like Freelancer police scan your shit for contraband.

and how much will this freelancer clone be?

Twenty bucks.

sounds reasonable

So, how long does it usually take for the F4SE to update?

Nick Valentine honestly has one of the best aesthetics I've seen out of an rpg companion.

within a day

it's a shame he doesn't match the aesthetic of the rest of the game

Aliens are canon in Fallout.

I respectfully disagree
Humor me though, how?

Is this concept built upon generic post-apocalyptic extrapolations of 1980's Miami, or retro-futuristic extrapolations of Red Scare 1950's Miami? Because I don't really think the former fits Fallout. To me it sounds like a Blade Runner sequel that's based on 90's sci-fi instead of 80's sci-fi. It's an unjustified thematic deviation.

Yeah, I thought so.

I didn't say they weren't, but they shouldn't. Retard.

why shouldn't aliens be canon? are you some kind of religious nut or something?

what the fuck is Freelancer

Because Bethesda developers didn't get a joke and implemented them as a non-joke by accident.

But thematically are they incorrectly placed?
Fallout reads like a b-rate sci-fi flick.
You know what b-rate sci-fi flicks love? Fucking aliens.

The best space exploration game out there.

He's an old robot detective. That's a sci-fi noir aesthetic pretty clearly. Aside from the Triggermen which are in like two places, and Goodneighbor, the entire aesthetic of the game is
>rusty shacks
>mint green skyscrapers
>The Apple Store Institute of Technology

he'd definitely fit some of the concept art, like the Diamond City concept art that looks like off-brand Blade Runner

Because they're completely unnecessary, and Bethesda actually almost made them be the cause of the Great War before the cut it out.

Hnnnng. Nostalgia overload.
youtube.com/watch?v=VxoK62lusZ8

Not an argument.

so robot detectives can't exist in fallout because it's not sci-fi noir enough?
I don't get it, it's not like he's the rule, but an exception.
Out of curiosity how did you feel about Mr House or President eden?

Eden is an AI and Mr. House is a pre-war human who is still alive. How are they comparable?

>Because they're unnecessary
Yes, but -why-?
>irrelevant bullshit
It didn't happen, stop getting so hung up over it.

It actually is.

It's an old spacefighter RPG where you have very little stats, and most of the areas and quests are copy-pasted, but it's highly moddable.

Hmmmm.

star control 2 would like to have a word

>Yes, but -why-?
Because they're literally not necessary and don't service the plot or the central theme of Fallout.

>It didn't happen, stop getting so hung up over it.
It almost did, and it says everything you need to know about Bethesda's caviler attitude to the series. Annnnnnnd then they go full Lovecraft alien mode in FO4.

>that beat to shit hunting rifle

They don't thematically fit the low-tech post-apocalypse and are far more out of place (in House's case) than Nick Valentine could ever be unless he became a Paladin in the BoS.
Robot detective? Cool, it could happen I guess considering he's a synthetic cyborg human prototype with a detective's brain matter wired in.
Random pre-war superintelligensia everywhere from DC to the New Vegas wasteland? Perfectly fine, happens all the time.

Will there be space trains?

While a masterpiece I'm not really putting it in the sort of space-sim category I would Freelancer or the X series.

>mfw seeing sarah's face
>mfw reading the comments

I don't think Fallout 5 should have Richard B. Riddick as a character just because Todd didn't realize that he's supposed to be an easter egg in Tactics. Or a Dr.Who Police Box as something that really exists in the world. When a sequel made by different developers makes a mistake, they can correct it in the next installment by retconning their fuckup. Did they retcon aliens in Fallout 4? I don't know because that game is garbage and I refunded after 45 minutes.

>They don't thematically fit the low-tech post-apocalypse
>but a fucking android fits the theme better
Jesus Christ, you cannot argue against retarded brick walls.

How in the FUCK don't Eden and House fit the game?

>they don't service the plot or central theme
Yes that's why they aren't a part of the plot or central theme.
>it almost did happen
I'm sorry to say this user but Fallout has had what, six installments at this point?
A single one of them wasn't shittily written, the first one.
Find a new fucking game to play if bad writing bothers you because you will absolutely never find it again in Fallout.

user. There already are.

>Yes that's why they aren't a part of the plot or central theme.
They are part of the plot, and no shit they aren't part of the central theme. The central theme is humanity and warfare never change.

>I'm sorry to say this user but Fallout has had what, six installments at this point?
>A single one of them wasn't shittily written, the first one.
>Find a new fucking game to play if bad writing bothers you because you will absolutely never find it again in Fallout.
Not an argument.

would rather see FO4's gunplay in FO3 desu

That's not what I meant. Nick always feels like he's out of his element, he feels like he's from an earlier vision of the game that was more urban and tech focused. Thematically nothing really matches a torn up Electronic Sam Spade, except for the Triggerman and maybe Goodneighbor at night. I'm not good at articulating what I mean with this

>pre war superintelligentsia that have been awake for hundreds of years yet aren't superintelligent enough to even build decent powerbases until a few years before the player encounters them.
Superunintelligence if you ask me.

>they are part of the plot
You said yourself they were removed from the plot.

>not an argument
It actually is. You're arguing that fallout is suddenly badly written and not true to lore now, after six installments of which a single one was acceptable by those criteria.

>bullying Todd
I like it already

I mean yeah but it's not really out of his element in the way that a vault dweller feels.
He might've been whacky if I didn't already know what a synth was in Fallout 3, admittedly.

>Superunintelligence if you ask me.
Why don't you just use your big boy words and actually explain how they don't fit the theme and Nick does?

>You said yourself they were removed from the plot.
No I didn't.

>It actually is. You're arguing that fallout is suddenly badly written and not true to lore now, after six installments of which a single one was acceptable by those criteria.
No, I'm arguing that aliens don't belong in Fallout because Bethesda treats them with a level of cavliernness to the point that almost intentionally destroy the entire theme of the game.

Thematically the point of a vault dweller is that they've been sheltered, both literally and figuratively. Nick is meant to be an 'other' but that's already communicated by the fact that he's a synth. It's mainly the outfit I have a problem with, honestly, which is kind of major part of his aesthetic. It doesn't match the environment or most of the people he's around

>atmospheric flight model in space
it's shit

Nick is a cyborg, in the era of weird science and spider-man tier radiation mutations.

House is a corpse in suspended animation connected to a screen that's been alive for 200+ years somehow, someway.

Eden is a supercomputer that is so self-absorbed its ignoring the literal people who live under it's thumb planning a rebellion, despite supposedly being literally the smartest thing in the capital wasteland.

Which one of those sounds most believable to you?

>no i didn't
They were.
>because bethesda treats them with a level of cavlierness
They have done a single DLC in the course of eight fucking years on Aliens how in the fuck is that cavlier?

>Which one of those sounds most believable to you?
This isn't what we're fucking talking about you dumb cocksucker. Fallout isn't supposed to be a believable game. Now tell me again how Eden and House don't fit the theme of the game.

Actually explain in detail, this is you last (You)

>They have done a single DLC in the course of eight fucking years on Aliens how in the fuck is that cavlier?
Can you not fucking read? They almost made them be the cause of the Great War. Fuck you, pay attention.

Realism is cancer in space games, which is why Freelancer was the best because it threw it out the window.

>they almost did this
But once again, they did not. Stop crying over it.

>fallout isn't supposed to be a believable game
Then why the fuck are you attempting to have a logical argument over it?
You can stop replying to me now, lol.

seven
>But once again, they did not. Stop crying over it.
...are you having trouble reading? Is English not your first language? My entire point is them almost doing that is indicative of how much they really care about the series they paid millions of dollars for.

>Then why the fuck are you attempting to have a logical argument over it?
YOU are the one that originally claimed House and Eden don't fit the theme of Fallout and YOU have yet to explain this.