mega.nz/#F!1o8FTbAL!-lVNu5ReRDTcksRfHIxBHA

>NEW PLAYER GUIDE
i.imgur.com/K9rvfa4.jpg (embed)

>ARCHIVED THREADS (RIP ARCHIVE.MOE)
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/mgg/type/op/

>STEAM GROUP
steamcommunity.com/groups/metalgeargeneral

>/mgg/ ONEDRIVE FOLDER
onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65254E4C501EDAEF!4116&authkey=!AMDti9C9NNjfhT8&ithint=folder,xlsx

>LISTS, GUIDES, DOWNLOADS AND OTHER STUFF
pastebin.com/qM3XwMce (embed)

>MGS2 SUBSTANCE NOVEL - NEEDS TRANSLATION
mega.nz/#!Y08iFCBa!Z3j3Tco4vE14mwwVJTQbch9Zo4SvZRXO1ntjEjn1JRc

>MGSV NOVEL - PARTIALLY TRANSLATED
mega.nz/#!U1NFzAII!4nuhjrIo8arMdb2Ref4dWRB-4CZ86Sp9QY1sYDnhVfM

>TIMELINE AND EPILOGUES:
pastebin.com/3m93ExcY (embed)
>CHAPTER 1:
pastebin.com/frkkvef3 (embed)
>CHAPTER 2:
pastebin.com/7YMg9Gia (embed)

>KOJIMA'S THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NOVELIZATION
pastebin.com/JVZZxW1D (embed)

>QTS FARMING
i.imgur.com/19a5fFK.jpg (embed)

>Weapons and stuff
unknown321.github.io/mgsmonsterguns

Previous Thread:

How does character slots work? I know they share the same resources/items (so my new level 1 character could use my weapons) but how does story effect it? Do I have to do the story all over again?

I want a waifu

How much defense should I have to for the base dig?

Do I overmatch enemy strength by just a bit? Twice? Thrice?

Also, is there a third expansion, or at least capacity expansion? Things are getting pretty tight and I don't even have post-campaign buildings built.

>not making a waifu in the first place

Why did you do this to yourself, user?

Matching to win, overkill only reduces the amount of damage you take. Complete overkill is killing them before they can do any damage but that's probably not possible.

I don't have the heart for the base dig. Watching my precious iron fences get destroyed and knowing I'll have to spend firing pins to replenish my turrets really kills.

I just made two attempts at Big Mouth and meh, I just can't get bothered. It's just not like Monster Hunter where the mechanics let me brawl properly, we don't have any iframes or superman dives to live through these attacks so I'm just feeling clueless.

I really wish turrets wouldn't disappear after using up their ammo. An option to either dismantle them afterwards or replenish ammo using lead/copper/gunpower would be great.

I just wanted to be a nameless Diamond Dog missing my Boss

Will I have to play the story all over again?

>superman dives to live through these attacks
I think jaeger has something like that.

>defense plan 4
>enemies spawning from every direction at once
Fuck this forever

Was getting DC'd one salvage match right as the final wave went 0:00, then fully DC'd on another on the second wave.

Is it just me?

When playing co-op my hunger and thirst grind down to 0% really really fucking quick, what gives?

you are not consuming anything? how is that hard

are you playing the daily/weely mission perhaps?

base dig 4 rewards. no new base digs after

How was the last wave? Does it spawn shit from every direction at once?

Perks are still bugged and don't need to be unlocked right?

a couple crawler swarms spawned, mortars in the map corners, and armored wanderers leading charges backed by bombers. surprisingly no trackers

Yes. You start the story all over again. But with better gear.
Its basically for using the 2nd base driller and 2nd deployment team to get automatic resources.
Wjhen it sucks things up, throw grenades. When you're still stealthing around it, drop exploding barrels and let him eat one with a C4.

Do you have to do the first base defense manually? or can you start it and close the game?

I don't think there was. I remember being completely confused and also disappointed when BB didn't know all that stuff about The Boss in PW:

you can start it and close the game

i fucked up big mouth with an assault class and the drill spear. bloodborne his ass, get between his legs and unleash power attacks into his balls

I died to big mouth and he disappeared, is there no way to fight him again?

He respawns eventually.

>Use up my fences I brought along for a coop match
>Craft 6 new ones and use those too
>They're still there when I return to the lobby
What

Also, I threw a grenade at a mortar and that motherfucker swatted it away with his fapping arm. Probably just a side-effect of an animation but still cool.

how does frostbite spawn? i killed large lips and i havent gotten another powerful creature spawn yet

Did konami break PS4 co-op? I just get an infinite loading screen when joining the staging area

if I keep doing side missions will I eventually get rescue ones?

Its the same reason why we can kick mortar's grenades back at it.
also, yeah, anything that you craft in co-op comes back with you, except for ammo.
give it 10 hours. real time.

>20 min wait to get int oa match
>only found 1 other dude
>leaves as soon as the lobby loads
why do people do this? was he a fucking leecher angry that he didnt get a full team to get carried?

its been 2 days since grande boca and still nothin

Crop top underboob when?

>Airport

>Plan 4 is the final base dig

When will we get new stuff?

where do you get the slingshot?

and speak of the devil he just spawned

why isn't there volume sliders?

>one of my turrets was destroyed during the base dig
>replacing it gives that side less defense than the others since those turrets were placed before the patch
oh no my autism

A better question is what are you supposed to use it for?

Nevermind, I'm just an idiot and placed a regular turret.

I'm about to build the archaea blades, what am I in for?

>weak point near the back of the neck
>Jaeger class
Attack on Titan fans in Konami?

A really easy mission

A giant wave of enemies.

an easy fight

yep, that's it, there has never been an association between jaeger and metal gear

Not him.

Slingshot is actually a decent early game utility. Extremely cheap ammo, can distract enemies and stuns Wanderers for an easy backstab.

Not saying it's great, I would like it to deal damage, but it's all right.

Slingshot was somewhere around first third of Afghan. Try checking Ruins, there are three containers there. I think I had it by the time I made it to the jeep.

I got them eventually, my C4 literally just disappeared for no reason when stuck to him, couldn't get him to suck grenades because he only munched, never sucked for some reason.
Should have brought an oxygen resupply because I blew through a ton of kuban.

Did they add new shit or something?

You can use a slignshot to stun detonators so they can't explode.

Weird, I got spinning blades from dig 3

No.

it should be the one west of transporter 02 or the other ones in the area

Ooh nice, did you make that pic?

>blue tier sniper from opening blue weapons cases
any way to farm purple cases? it looks like the pool is different from co-op drops

So has anyone found a building that lets you break the 22 bed limit we have now? I assume base drilling gets it but still want to know how long I'm stuck.

Are people actually retarded? Do they not notice they never come in first by just camping a spawn and that they aren't really contributing anything?

i cleared all 4 digs and didnt get new beds. maybe have to redo them

no, it was posted a few threads back

So I've beat the main story and now Its telling me to activate the digger, this starts base defences right?

Do I unlock more classes soon? When can I fight these random bosses and stuff?

22? I have a max of 30

Orange weaps are dropping on Hard Mode PS4 now, just got the GIEST but need a purple workstation to build it.

its a trial base defence mission, with one wave only then you get a mission to go get a motherboard and save a dude then boom you unlock sub classes

The max is 30, but you have a bed limit of 22. going above it tanks your entire crew's moral until you kill some off.

>Dig 3
>Suddenly 9k attack from all sides
Even if I get the resources to build more auto turrets I don't have any fucking base capacity. I'd buff my defense team up if I GOT ANY FUCKING DISTRESS CALLS.
What the fuck is this bullshit?

Doing coop mission during base digs fuck the numbers up for base digs. Don't do salvage mission while base digging.

I didn't do any of them, the wave just got stronger.
The problem is I can't possibly do this because I don't have any room, and oh what the fuck now, my production is tanking for no reason when nothing changed.

even though i have a shit ton of food and drink i still really hate how fast my hunger and thirst drains

One user pointed out a few threads back that you can overeat and overdrink past the limit and it will stave off hunger and thirst for a good while depending on how much you do.

Though I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a steady supply of food.

Did Konami do anything about cheaters yet?

>he thinks Konami is actually going to do something about the cheaters on PC
user, I...

m8, you knew exactly what you were getting into by buying it for pc. People were cheating in the beta..

is the damage very depended on the level? in mp as a level 15 i dont do any damage vs the level 20 wanderes or do i need to get better weapons?

>100 hours in
>Still haven't found any
>Already got the end up 30 times 1st in salvage and 20 or so are from hard
Seriously, how do you find these guys?

Just ran a test to see if perks are fixed, there not there still active while locked, i have a armour with reflect damage locked but still reflects damage, also a ammo/food consume that procs without a perk unlock, save your kuban boys.

I haven't died a single time but now i'm out of revival pills. What happens when you die? Do you lose all your stuff?

You mean the people that were still going strong in TPP 3 years later and eventually NUKED the nuke counter into believing we are at peace?

Are there any secondary shotguns besides the one green one?

Matchmaking pairs low scoring players with high scoring players. Shitters get paired with cheaters who can carry them.

nice try tho

anybody knows where do I get the "heavy machine gun interecptor"? the one that works with the scout ammo reload perk

The game saves every time you leave base

What was the variable stored at?
int long?

It's the one straight west of transporter 3, not 2. least for me it was.

Also are there four horse types and I'm missing one or should I just put another okapi in my ranch?

That's just the type m. The green mounted mg. Interceptor is the item class. No idea where I got it however.

okapi, zebra, wild ass, quiet

If you have stuff you can choose whether to load or keep it chronological and drop everything into a box.
The latter is preferable usually because not only can you get like 50+kg of stuff wormholed to base instead of walked back, it keeps wanderers dead too.

is there a way to turn off ingame music?
the airport music is maddening
I just want to listen to my own songs

How do I get new side quests keep getting animals and washups. Want bosses and dig sites again.

If you die, you can reload a save and try again, or you can "Return to Base" Dark souls style and drop all the materials you've collected. If you can get back to the box you can send them to base.

It's the heavy machine gun type M and type D. You get the blueprint for type M southwest of transporter 10 in the back of a truck. You get type D from base digging, possible only the 3rd or 4th one. "Interceptor unit" is the game's term for any placed unit that attacks, so turrets and traps.

why the fuck would you use your revival pills

>there's a type D
On bby I'm excited for this fourth dig to finish, I hope I get that and the sheep farm from it. It's the Gatling gun version isn't it?

you go back to base and drop a box with anything you picked up while you were out

it's not a "save" or a "checkpoint" per se because everything else remains the same

2bil, yeah

I think gattling turret is it's own separate auto thing, but I could be wrong

Yeah I got the automated Gatling along with the air cannon and auto grenade turret from dig 3. I just had never heard of the type D manned gun until now, thought the M was the only one.

>struggle to get S rank with 4 people
>get it easily with 2
???