/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 1st of March:
1565 – The city of Rio de Janeiro is founded.
1781 – The Continental Congress adopts the Articles of Confederation.
1796 – The Dutch East India Company is nationalized by the Batavian Republic.
1815 – Napoleon returns to France from his banishment on Elba, start of the Hundred Days.
1845 – United States President John Tyler signs a bill authorizing the United States to annex the Republic of Texas.
1917 – The Zimmermann Telegram is reprinted in newspapers across the United States after the government releases its unencrypted text.
1953 – Joseph Stalin suffers a stroke and collapses; he dies four days later.
1956 – Formation of the East German Nationale Volksarmee.
1966 – The Ba'ath Party takes power in Syria.
1981 – Provisional Irish Republican Army member Bobby Sands begins his hunger strike.
1992 – Bosnia declares its independence from Yugoslavia.

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

welcome to /gsg/... enjoy your stay...

Reminder this is thread CCXVI

One of the first 10 for confirming AARnon is actually a feminine individual and maybe even a fag

wrong

>the germans actually had worst railroad than me
amazing

*assembles cooking pot*

>HIP

>worst than
amazing

Last genocide of this game. This moment always upsets me.

Next game will either be Mexico, making the USA as brown as possible, or Austria, making the Balkans as South German as possible. Remember to like, subscribe, and visit my patreon for more quality content.

>can't get cheevos with HIP
REEEEEEEEEE
YOU LIED TO ME

>cheevos
Kill yourself
Oh and go back to r*ddit before doing it

can you please do censuses next game
you should keep track of how big your minorities are and how much your population grows/shrinks

you should do Chile

>doesn't want cheevos to show to his friend
k
y
s

xth for Civ 2

I simply do not have that much autism I'm afraid.
With what goals?

>AARnon in straight up denial mode
This is just sad to watch. Literally any other way of handling it would be better than this.
I would not be surprised if he hanged himself by this point. He seems very moved to say the least.

>I simply do not have that much autism I'm afraid.
kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself KILL YOURSELF

What made you start posting again?
Why did you turn to shitposting instead of actually contributing? Before you either argued with anons or posted eu4 advice, those are contributions.
Also why do you never post your games?

Conquer west coast, conquer Argentina, Sphere Brazil, shittons of immigrants. Unless you wanna go authoritarian.

>ONR-Falanga
>Falanga is Polish for phalanx
Why the fuck did they name themselves after an ancient greek military group?

>able to bait out 6 (You)s from /v/sg/ with this image
Too easy, kuddos

What made you stop considering ending your pathetic life?

>aarnon started another drama by failing to adress his ""fans""
amazing, simply epic

Fair play to the kikes, despite being genocided about 4 times they still make up almost 2% of my population.
That sounds extremely boring. Like I said, I either want to bean the US or stop all racial tension in the Balkans forever by making them all South German.
I recently did a Rio Grande do Sul game which was basically Chile but on the other side of the continent.

What if I actually think this is a good post?

>13.9%
why is this literal fuck still given any attention this is the last god forsaken reply you'll ever get from me

Honestly, I can't tell the difference.

Why did AARnon stop posting?

Make America Mexico Again.

Care to explain why this nation starts westernized?

Best/favorite alt. history mods/scenarios?

>Fair play to the kikes, despite being genocided about 4 times they still make up almost 2% of my population.
What mod are you using?

>stop all racial tension in the Balkans forever by making them all South German
I can understand gross serbiums and epic CWE yugoslavias but this? This is just retarded, it makes more sense to conquer the balkans as greece or the ottomans

>alt-tabbed because playing a game
>shitposting nightmare
Jesus, it takes me time to look back at the thread sometimes. Calm down. Though I don't know why anyone is asking about this in the first place, abnormal sexualities weren't public in the medieval period, certainly not among the elite; it was a matter of personal and religious shame. I'm not going to bring modern shit into the past.

Well, this is rare.

post a tiny AAR of that game (2 or 3 posts at most) or I won't believe you
it doesn't matter if it's not grand strategy

>genociding jews as Poland
>genociding accepted pops as Poland
>Playing as Poland
Did you release it as Russia or did you form it via Krakow? If it's Krakow, good job.

the one where I wasn't born

Then you're a silly billy

The year is 1936 and things are far from ideal in the United States. Diplomatically and economically isolated by the victory of the Kaiserreich in Europe, radicals on both sides of the political spectrum have seized the opportunity. For the first time in decades, the 2-party system seems as if it may fail, with the South falling under the influence of the Kingfish Huey Long' America First movement and the Northeast under the influence of journalist and radical activist Jack Reed's Combined Syndicates movement. Realizing that the nation is teetering on the brink, General Douglas MacArthur has approached President Hoover offering the backing of the military with support from Canada in order to suspend the Constitution temporarily. Hoover, however, was quick to crush MacArthur's plan, fearing that such drastic measures would only fan the flames. The election will go on as planned, God Bless the United States.

>abnormal sexualities weren't public in the medieval period, certainly not among the elite; it was a matter of personal and religious shame
We're not talking about fags or hermaphrodites, just cute boys that know how to make themselves useful orally.
If you think the very elite nobles couldn't affort to dress cute and act how they wanted then I think you overestimate how much they cared about what other people thought.

Only ten non-Imperial nations remain. You would think at this point they would willingly kneel.

don't post that orange bitch ever again

>kevin spacey
>greece
heh. I get it.

I don't have any more of her, and I don't have the audacity to make MEMEBLOC forgeries

What the FUCK does this post have to do with mine?

It's in the same thread. Mine is about gsg though and yours is off topic reddit shit.

We're not talking about "abnormal sexualities", just dressing and acting a bit girly.
You can take it into shame territory if you want, enm even.

I'm doing a Shia Arabia game in MEIOU right now, trying to see about balance and whatnot for 2.0 before I try a G&T game. I did a Castile game a couple days back testing for the same thing, but colonies are beyond fucked right now so I decided to move to a more difficult start to see if the balance is reasonable for more marginal areas. So far it's been a serious pain, but a lot of that is MEIOU's current fuckup that level 0 ports don't accept CE, which causes horrible efficiency and a necessity to build roads which are three or four times the cost and maybe a fifth the effectiveness of a port. Thankfully they're finally fixing that "soon" (in MEIOU terms) but it's been brutal thus far.

And then we're back to the same thing I said when positionposting started, I'm not going to get that deep into lewd shit on a blue board. If I have a ruler who's gay I'm going to play it straight with his lovers, but I'm not going to make it explicit. If you like traps there's a lot better places to get them than an AAR in an autism simulator.

And no, degenerate nobles in the common conception of them came far later. This was a period before Papal decline and the collapse of Church unity, where (in western Europe at least) the power and threat of excommunication was severe. Public behavior in a social sense, if not a moral sense, was much more codified among the elite. They could be abusive of their power morally, in other words, but to abuse the social position granted to them by ostensible divine right would have been to leave themselves open for Church opprobrium while simultaneously undermining their own legitimation for rule.

>reddit shit.
Said the one playing eu4

whats the best way to dismantle an empire in CK2?

I think it's because Lanfang is a republic. The mod maker justifies that without Dutch encroachment and with the collapse of Qing Lanfang would have continued to adopt western principles. In our timeline, they had a standing army based on conscription and an organized republican government by 1800.

i tried this shit non-ironically, i became like any other blob nation.
6/10 meh fun
Thats hurtful user i only want to restore the roman empire i don't give a shit about kebab land.
Nigga what is wrong with you? Dear god my eyes

>I'm not going to get that deep into lewd shit on a blue board.
If you think it has to be lewd you're wrong.
Also we have like 3 hentai game threads on this board so you're not pushing any boundries.

An upset! Jack Reed and the Combined Syndicates of America have clinched the White House, with labor organizer William Z Foster appointed as Vice President. At his inaugural speech, Reed promised the nationalization of all heavy industries and a strong crackdown on the reactionary America First movement. While the workers of the Red Belt celebrate, families across the nation ready for the worst. President Hoover has even gone as far as to call on the Republicans and Democrats to work together to obstruct Reed's Marxist agenda.

>Trebizond now larger than Byzantium
love it

DoD is fun

so, what makes HIP better than vanilla, except for
>no achievement meme shit
>better map

>the mere mention of a feminine man is considered lewd
wew, either you've been psychologically conditioned to think that say or you're very sensitive.

Yes yes well done HPM well done, HOWEVER you're losing by default because you're the creator of the dullest mod in the history of vicky mods. Seriously each new update following the boy king, Wilhelm, and his assorted allies from Europe as they fight assorted unbased villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy nonwhites, the series' only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of liquor, all to make Genocide ungenocidal, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when HPM vetoed the idea of Megali leading Greece; he made sure the mod would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?Just ridiculously unbased self-promotion for his modding abilities. The Historical Project Mod might be anti-white (or not), but it's certainly the anti HFM mod in its refusal of wonder, beautiful maps, and realistic worlds. No one wants to face that fact Now, Thankfylly, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the events were good

"No!"
The events were dreadful; the mod was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time a country declared bankruptcy, the mod creator wrote that the country "better pay its debts."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. HPM's mind is so governed by cliches and terrible writing that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of HPM by the same Johan. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing HPM at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play HOI4." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "HPM" you are, in fact, trained to play HOI4.

>where (in western Europe at least)
But you're not playing in western europe...

based kikekilla2233

>australian poland
ah yes

>cute boys equal traps
"Ah yes" as they say

They are both gay fuck off

Poland is the easiest PU in the game. The integration just finished before I ended it for the day. Going to release Poland, Moldavia, The Teutons, Crimea, Theodoro and The Great Horde tomorrow. Maybe see if the tag for Krakow and Danzig still exists too.

>fucks young boypussy
>doesn't approve of Paradox DLC policy
>restores the Roman empire
Kevin Spacey is absolutely based

With unrest beginning to spread across the country, Reed has begun to enact his nationalization campaign, starting with natural resources. And while opposition to this is uniform across most of the country, nowhere is it more staunch than California. Influenced by wealthy oil barons, the state of California has refused to comply with the nationalization. This has prompted Reed to embargo all trade into and out of California in an attempt to peacefully bring the state government to the negotiating table.

In the South, however, things are getting much bloodier. Even the trade unions, which have been the CSA's bread and butter elsewhere, are siding against the government, opting to work the Long and America First. While initially Reed lent financial support to CSA-friendly trade unions hoping they could break up America First's influence, it has proven to be insufficient as they lack them manpower to overcome Long's boys. With no other choice, Reed has recruited thugs from friendly syndicalist Mexico to shore up the CSA's numbers in the South and end Long's control of the streets and factories of Dixie.

>If you think it has to be lewd you're wrong.
>just cute boys that know how to make themselves useful orally.
Hmm

Anyway, even if it weren't why would I fabricate such a scenario? If you're asking if I would represent a gay man with the frail trait and some other submissive traits as the feminine partner of a more masculine character of mine, then yes. But that scenario is beyond unlikely, so don't get your hopes up. I'm not going to construct scenarios like that unless the traits support it.

True, but though not my specialty, in tribal societies masculinity was often emphasized just as much if not more, although obviously definitions of masculinity varied.

Arriba Espana.
Niggermod.
I actually did this as the Ottomans before and Turked them all, I'm not exactly playing for realism here.
They're not accepted, and it was Krakow, yes. See: What's your opinion on Trump?

>EU4 is a good ga-

>liking this makes you gay

who are you quoting

>If you're asking if I would represent a gay man with the frail trait and some other submissive traits as the feminine partner of a more masculine character of mine, then yes.
That's good but what if you were playing as the frail man himelf?

Whats your genocide plan this run?

>If you like traps there's a lot better places to get them than an AAR in an autism simulator.

Then yes, the same. I'm not worried about portrayals like that that can be justified, but I'm not going to pander or construct scenarios if the traits don't justify it.

>giving head is degenerate now
Not him but you're wrong.

The Mexicans did their job well...perhaps a bit too well. After several of Long's Minutemen were killed by Mexican syndicalists outside of a factory, the entire South erupted into riots hanging anything and anyone vaguely Hispanic they could find from the nearest tree. Outraged, Reed ordered General MacArthur to re-establish federal, and by extension CSA, control over the region, and order that the general refused. Reed then dismissed the general, prompting MacArthur to suspend the Constitution and seize control of the capital, declaring martial law until further notice. The coup has forced Reed to flee to Chicago and regroup with his CSA compatriots.

I'm the one that started this thing, this is what I wanted you to say pretty much, no need to go on this moral crisade about it being a blue board.

>it’s a France keeps on fighting your allies to strip Gascony
Why is MEIOU so shit, and is it cheating if I make Castille sign a white peace with Aragon

Just take as much as the US as possible and use immigration to make it Mexican.

>I'm not going to construct scenarios like that unless the traits support it.
Nobody asked you to you spastic, calm down

Hoover's fears have been proven valid; MacArthur's coup has pushed the country over the edge. In the West, the governor's of California, Washington, and Oregon have declared independence from the Union. In the North, Reed and the CSA have risen up and seized control of several state and local government's declaring a worker's revolution. And in the South, Huey Long's Minutemen have declared the old America a rotting corpse in need of rejuvenation. With MacArthur losing control by the day, the West going its own way, and the North falling to radicals, it seems the Kingfish is the last hope the United States has to make every many a king once more.

Dunno if you can believe it or not.
but all of these posts are me

All me, and I mean it.
Do you believe me? (y/n)

I might drop proof tommorow if anybody asks for it.

I'm some of those posts so I know you're a liar, nice try though

Who is the best Karling lord in 867? The ones on french land? Or the poor fucks in Germany and Italy?

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.

All "shitposters" are trying to do is have a negative effect on you and your life. If you actually believe they exist and want you destroyed, why pay attention to them?

In the end all your doing is validating them if you actually believe this.

Essentially all you're doing is manifesting confirmation bias if you're that much of a paranoid schizo.
And that is a self destructive circular way to live.
Pick yourself up by the boots, identify that some people in life are negative, and smile anyway.

Because ultimately the only person that matters in the end is YOU.

The new nation begins to take form. The Minutemen, bolstered by several large defections from the federal government, stand ready to defend America against tyranny of every kind. A government has also been quickly formed, including several high-profile figures such as Friends of Germany leader Fritz Kuhn, Father Coughlin, and General George Patton among others.

What kind of retarded question is that?
Who is the best at what?
I am a shitppster and I want to have a positive effect on some1s life

Now that the dust has settled, how does HOI4 stack up to HOI3 or DH? Is it that much worse?

HOI3 BI>DH>HOI3>HOI4

The American Union State is not without international support. Both the German Empire and the Papacy have sent troops to aid in our defense of morality and a division of private volunteers have come from Italy.

How do I REMOVE MALAY quicker.

I think DH > HOI3 even with BI desu

>try to screenshot 6/6/6 heir event
>crash and go back a month before the event

Respectable opinion on reflection I'd probably do
DH=HOI3 BI>HOI3>HOI4