/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous shitpost:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hDEHb2NTpo8
youtube.com/watch?v=q6vgNFxUu1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This offends my good Christian sensibilities.

Apologize

>Furry OP
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Honestly they should throw away the current elemental/status system and make an elemental system actually inflict status changes on the monster instead.

Raw has been king of damage for ages, and they seem to only make it even better.

Get out of here with this furfaggot shit.

Anyone elses having trouble connecting to any session?
Matchmaking won't work, filter search keeps failing to join session, and I get sent offline immediately upon making my own session

>GRUG HAMMER PONY
>BAREBACK

No offense but
>Noix frappe-du-fromage
>wielding baguette
JE SUIS

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Their helmets aren't closed
Deleeeeeeeeeete thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

How do you do parry/counter attack with the switch axe? I saw people doing it against nerg but I don't know how

Guild Cards!

>750 posts
>INSTANTLY makes a new thread
???
Are we being raided? Who's at fault this time?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>Switch Axe
>Counter
wat. Are you sure it wasn't a charge blade? I've never seen that as well.

thatd be cool but they could honestly just give elemental weapons higher numbers for their element, they just seem really reluctant to do that.

or they could make blights happen for monsters too, so elements have built in side-statuses. burn the monster for extra staggers, freeze it to make it really slow for a bit, zap it for a free mini-para, drench it so it becomes slippery and falls over more, etc

This one was funny though

Switch Axe doesn't do that. Charge Blade has guard points though.

I'm making a bow set, but I'm can't decide what to put on the waist part. It needs to have gem slot 2 at least for the mighty bow deco. Any tips?

je suis cliché

GUYS DAUNTLESS IS 50% OFF!

isn't it 100% off on pc?

ME SMASH

But I seen it senpai

They attacked at the same time the monster attacked and it deflected the blow

>take poogie upstairs past smithy
>on the platform
>controller doesn't vibrate, poogie just sleeps when i put him down

Is there some prereq for that poogie costume or am i looking at the wrong place?

But I'm not ironic. It has fur and a horn.

Reminder to the skeptic-fags who are going to be so BTFO yet again in a few days when this is all proven true

Deviljho is coming out March 9th.
Lunastra and Oroshi are part of the spring update as well.
There will be balance changes for older weapons, and "new" weapons added that aren't part of the Jho/Luna/Oroshi pack.
Alatreon is coming in the summer title set for July.
The pack will include Shaggy with the title update monster headliner being Zinogre. The Zinogre trailer will drop in April.
There will be a Shonen Jump crossover with Black Clover in May.
There will be a God of War crossover for Sony PS4 in June.
In May there will be a full Elder hunting Luna/Teo/Kushala/Kirin/Nerg.
In September there will also be the first release of a new map called the Shimmering Lagoon. It's half jungle and half lagoon with a series of caves connecting a hidden second lagoon. Plesioth, a new world subspecies of Royal Ludroth, a new world subspecies of Barioth, a new fanged wyvern based on a crocodile, and Chameleos.

they mightve just gotten lucky with a stagger

nergi beta

What's your set so far?

proof?

You need to beat Xeno'Jiiva first

I personally recommend the waist that has slots for level 2 gems.

Oh, here. Found this one, I think it's better for the general.

So I just killed nerg and I realized how shit my armor is. My favorite weapon is the switch axe what armor should I build? Also what's the point of the beta pieces

Man I picked up GS three times and every time I give up after being blueballed for the 20th time
How do you guys even play this long enough to get good

No wonder. Thanks, user

black clover collab
i cri evry tiem

They look like they belong behind the glass display at a mini-mart next to the overpriced bongs and airsoft sets, waiting to be bought by some half drunk hick.

Have you all gotten your tribal Ashly Burch armor yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=hDEHb2NTpo8
Post comfy

i dont really care about being optimal. i mostly go for regular charges and if it works out for a TCS then thats great, if not thats ok

>What armor should i build
Look at the skills, see if you like them or if they benefit your favorite weapon specifically. Generally Attack Up is always a good choice though.
Beta pieces have less innate skill in them but have slots for decos so you can put in your whatever skills you have decorations for. They're more versatile but you need some decent decos until they shine.

CB is the quintessential brainlet weapon of choice.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

A sets - Has preset skills already on it, usually more of certain things.
B sets - Not as many preset skills but has decoration slots giving you a lot of flexibility on how you want to build your character.

As far as defenses, they're the same. In regards to what you should use, just start by crafting something high rank and upgrading it so you get even more defense. Overall though A sets can carry you through the story of the game but for the long term you typically will always go with B sets.

I love how even if they didn't start a turf war monsters can still hit each other. Rathalos and Rathian try to gang on me and it's amazing to see they fucking each other by accident.

did the quest two times
armor is shit and looks like shit
bow is shit but could work with a bit effort tho shit event is shit

good one user :^)

WHY WONT VAAL STOP GIVING ME RETARDED FANGS
GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING GEM FAGGOT REEEEE

Best way to do uragaan arena quest?

Say do y'all got any of those SESSIONS I keep hearing about?

>He doesn't put 3 Geology and 4 Botanist decos on his Aloy set for maximum expedition gathering.
The bow though isn't all that fantastic. High affinity and 3 augment slots is kinda nice but it's damage is fairly low.

Just made one cuz you asked
ID: 3ZyFAmnKvQrH

Good G-Rank Lance in 4U?

diablos bow
eyepatch
kaiser mail beta
kaiser gloves beta
rath soul waist alpha
lavasioth legs beta
fitness charm 3

skills
WE3
constitution 3
special ammo boost 2
normal shots
piercing shots
spread/power shots
bow charge plus
non-elemental boost

I will put on a piercing shots gem so I can change waist to something better.
I could only get attack boost to 3 so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Reminder that T2s are the best tempered monsters for the most important decorations.

The most sought after decorations (Attack Boost, Capacity Boost, Guard, Guard Up, Normal Shots, Protective Polish, Special Ammo Boost, Artillery, Bow Charge Plus, Critical Boost, Free Elem/Ammo Up, Handicraft, Mind Eye/Ballistics, Piercing Shots, and Spread/Power Shots) are best obtained via Warped Feystones, which have a 26% quest reward rate rather than 13% for T3s.

T3s should only be done if you need streamstones or B-level decorations (aka any Element Attack up, Non-elemental Boost, Weakness Exploit, Critical Eye, or Evade Window/Extender)

Best of luck in your hunts

I heard GS changed in World to not focus so much on draw attacks. Is that true? If so, is the new GS still fun?

>kill Beetlejuice
>99 Red Baloons (Goldfinger cover) starts playing

Wtf anyone else? The game is the only thing that can play audio in my room

What did they mean by this

I knew I recognised the Vaal Hazak hammer design. They fucking used Astalos' design.

Both MH1 and Dos soundtracks are avant garde even for their time. They shouldn't have laid off Masato Kouda after 2ndGen.

I cannot imagine his heartbreak when he finds out what Tadayoshi Makino did to Kush and Teo.

If you have a hero streamstone to spare then add another slot to your bow. IMO the extra 3 raw + 5% affinity from getting 4 attack is better than 5 raw or 10% affinity.

So if I'm trying to get Rathalos gem a capture investigation is useless, right? Gems are only from carving?

I am 2chan leaker. Spring update trailer will be released on this Friday. Oroshi Kirin, Lunastra, Deviljho will appear in the trailer. It also shows changes to transmog and showcase and collection halls.

Best monster to grind for Wyvern Gems? Barroth? Mudfish?

Hearing the English version of songs like 99 Red Baloons and Major Tom always sounds so weird when you know the original.

I guess I could try that until I get the hang of it. I also just got Rocksteady so I can also cheese my way into it

Go on the top floor and watch them roll into each other, works best with using a LS for easy spirit slashes

I'd say the one you can kill faster

>Two reskins got in before an 4th generation monsters

>Transmog
I want to believe.

>after it finishes my playlist moves onto this youtube.com/watch?v=q6vgNFxUu1g

I swear to god that parts of it remind me too much of some Touhou arrange, but i can't pinpoint what it was

L-Lady Maria?

Protip: Hit the monster until it dies

I swear every other player in MHW is wearing this look.

No, gems can be from quest rewards as well and i get gems often enough from capturing. Pic semi-related, not a capture but it's in the rewards.

>farming Teostra and Legania gems
I'LL FINISH THESE HUNTING HORNS ONE DAY

>transmog
I hope you're lying for this reason alone. I don't want that casual shit in monster hunter.

t2/t3 session?

cause Nergi waist and Death Stench boots look so bad

Is there any wy to 100% gaurentee that the cheerhorn will give me stamiina reducition?

There's none. Nope, no ID posted a dozen posts earlier. Don't even try to scroll up, there's noting there.

Bring an HH player with a stamina horn.

>he doesn't call it a Rioreus

Why the fuck do people keep saying this shit?

Just keep trying and you will get better.
Eventually.
Hopefully.

Whats the best SnS?

I'm not joining yours

That misconception has existed since like 3U.

t. Jinougafag

Dinowaldo

Welcome to the endgame

Help me pick a new weapon

>Bayzelguise

is this a meme or legit

The Charge Blade

gaijinhunter made a video on the official guidebook with the percentages
Yeah yeah I know >gaijinhunter

Hunting Horn