www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>2.0 Patchnotes:
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-105-2-0-cherryh-patch-notes.1069794/
>2.0 tech tree
imgur.com/lEybGx7.jpg
>Pastebin(mostly outdated):
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/968889331023794176?s=19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

3d > 2d

horatio>3dpd

daily reminder that stellaris will never be bought by me until meme crisis ship that eats worlds, people, and eventually stars, and then fucks off to another galaxy for an endless buffet is implemented

Is Horatio 4d perfection?

I'd very much like to see a 3D model of a default Stellaris galaxy, except all stars with wormholes cover each other, representing 0 distance.

riftborn are 5d goddesses

migratory planet devouring megaships either player or AI crisis controlled would be awesome

user, while you're technically right, implementing variable velocity along hypermemes just so travel time can be preserved in exchange for distance is kind of a workaround to just making it 3d in the first place.

That said, hyperlanes actually having some travel time and bigger/stabilized hyperlanes making ships move faster would be an interesting mechanic.

It'd be pretty interesting, but I assume it'd look like a bunched up napkin. Even more bunched up if you overlay systems with gates,

>can only colonize planets inside your borders
Okay so hol up lmao

Let me try to understand this brilliant new system. You are only allowed to colonize new planets when they're in your borders, but planets in your borders that don't have a base built inside them will spawn pirate fleets about as strong as your main one every other month. Essentially, you're either forced to have an ugly fucking swiss cheese empire with your improvements constantly being blown up because planets no longer can grow their borders, or you have you spend 100 years slowly building starbases up to the planet you want to colonize because the new movement changes make actually getting around take forever.

Are there people who are actually defending this shit? It does nothing other than make the early and mid game much more tedious and boring and time consuming.

>this guy slaps your planets ass
>what do?

Why can't I declare a rivalry? also how do i get more influence?

>distance must scale with time
nope

I'd give a Riftborn 5d simultaneously.

you need to border empires to rival them nowadays
it's as stupid as it sounds

???

the prethoryn scourge queen should have been reclassed to a colossus class, that would be a fun way to adquire one, since it requires to leave the scourge with some territory for the event to spawn
or maybe its a colossus, haven't see the scouge in any game since 2.0 and the multiple crisis mod I used is dead now

its not a "workaround".
its literally projecting on 2d becuase 2d is easier to see and manipulate.
a 3d star field is full of horrors. especially big ones. you cant tell up from down, left, right or whatever.

In an infinite, homogeneous volume, you'd be right.
Thankfully, a galaxy is not homogenous (it has a definite structure), and it can still be 3d while aligned to the galactic plane!

You're wrong anyways; Sword of the Stars pulled it off just fine.

*but system in your borders that don't have a base built

Fuck I'm mad this whole new system is one of the worst changes to a game I've ever seen. I would have been fine with hyperlanes only or smaller fleets or starbased but this system of having to build shit around every single system you own unless you want pirates to spawn is retarded

You guys are making me want to buy Endless Space 2 and play with Horatio.

could also be a new type of crisis entirely with a bunch of different mechanics not just them having mega ships that shit out other ships as they go around collecting resources but if they do well enough to stockpile a massive amount of resources they can occupy a planet transforming it slowly into another world ship and maybe have them send out smaller raid ships that go around destroying mining stations and stealing pops to for slaves and course they wouldn't actually have a map presence, just leave huge empty areas in their wake stripped of their resources (with maybe a big identifier on the map to indicate where their worldships currently are)

get ready to have my cherryh popped

what the fuck is this bullshit system?

Scaling science and unity costs are fucking retarded.

sword of the stars isnt a "galaxy" and yet it was still bad enough on largest map sizes.
1000 stars in 3d space is retarded. try finding one specific star in the middle. youd go nuts

War exhaustion is much less bad once you realize it's NOT a replacement of warscore but instead a replacement of the "hey white peas now or I eat all ur influence".

they were okay before as planets output enough resources to offput their penalty
outposts not so much

do yourself a favor and change the 0.02 to 0.005 in the configs

Are you just bad? SotS was perfectly fine to work with, and the shape doesn't matter as to it not being a galaxy.

>alien specimen procurement procs
>

sots was 40 stars or something on max size. your talking a factor of 25.

Seems fine to me.
t. SOTS vet.

Quick question
is war weariness dumb as fuck?
Quick question 2
Is there a solution to it or am I blind?

You know i've been trying to give this patch a chance but god it just fucking blows so hard. I've tried a million different playstyles and it's just broken, everything feels like it takes fucking forever and nothing happens and then you finally have your first war and the warscore system is fucking bullshit. why are my fanatic purifiers/devouring swarm/determined exterminators so fucking "exhausted" anyway from a war that's barely had any casualties or negative consequences? They should be thrilled to be doing exactly what they are designed for! I actually think the game was made worse by this patch

In a better game, you could ask each empire for the specimens in their territory

>Sots
>40 stars
What the fuck are you talking about? It was at least in the hundreds, but I forget the actual max.

Where do you go to see the expansion penalty?

First the shitty civ expansion, now the shitty stellaris expansion. 4x is suffering

can you get a ss of the 350 star field?

You don't.

How stable is the maximum star, max size game with max alieuns, including max pre-star races and other bullshit maxed?

Are there any mods that increase tech progressions? I hate that Stellaris is a numbers game from start to finish and that the difference between weapons of different tech levels is so miniscule. Fallen empires hvae fleet strengths of 40k+ with a dozen ships and yet even when I have exhausted all non-repeatable tech options I still need massive fleets to approach the same strength.

Sure

You see SOTS has this really handy thing called a galactic axis. Tells you where stuff is at a glance.

>alien specimen procurement

bravo wiz

except in the middle where you cant tell foreground from background

really makes you think

>Morigi
Hiver for life, featherfuck.

Did they emagency FTR away with no rosses?

The middle is where the axis meet.

Note to mention the parallax error showing when you rotate your view. It's actually extremely easy to find a planet by using these two methods. Not to mention a post it note system that allows you to tag important systems.

Then rotate the galaxy, user.

in the middle cluster, the core.
take two stars next to each other. look by eye which one is closer. if it takes you more then 5 secs its too long.

So in an effort to have fun with how shitty the systems in 2.0 are I'm thinking

>slider for hyperlane connections set to minimum, the game basically requires chokepoint with the changes they made if you want to have fun
>tech/unity set to fastest
>habitable planets set to maximum
What other changes in the settings should I make?

What? I don't understand what you're saying. You need to build outposts in every system that you want to expand to now, but you don't need to upgrade them to starbases.

On systems with with your populated planets, you *may* need to upgrade to starbases to prevent pirate spawns, I'm not sure. I leave most of my planets with outposts only and I've had only one pirate spawn that actually hurt me since my fleet was on the other side of the map.
You absolutely don't need to upgrade to starbase in systems that you own that don't have populated planets in them.

I suspect I can read two system names and click on two different systems within 5 seconds user.

>150 corvette spam

You deserve whatever bullshit system you get. Also I don't know what you're complaining about in the screenshot.

im not asking you to click.
im asking you to identify the relative positions of two stars that appear close to each other from your perspective

Or I could rotate the galaxy some snd see which one is further away, which takes two seconds at max.

This isn't hard, user.

War exhaustion depends on ships lost/total naval capacity only, not whoever has ships remaining at the end of a battle.

Corvette spam is actully really bad for war exhaustion

you need 3 points to identify parallax error. you cant do it with 2 points

So I just zoom in?

You have a full 360 degree camera range pitch and yaw. you can zoom in this far with pic related as well.

Thankfully I don't need to limit myself to a small change in angle, I can turn the galaxy a whole 90 degrees if I want.

the pic proves my point. its a clusterfuck.
how far are the blue fleets away from each other? how far are all the blue fleets away from the purple fleet?

>If I'm not constantly crunching numbers I'm not having fun

Is there a mod that fixes UNE? Apparently it's bugged and doesn't do shit in any game it's in.

Then you just change your point of reference to where you can see where they are, user.

HAK HAK HAK

>i can turn the whole galaxy to find one small distance if i want!
yea you go do that lol. meanwhile projections are for everyone else not autistic

twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/968889331023794176?s=19
Wow whoa can't wait wew

If it's a small distance, it doesn't matter :^)

MORE USELESS SHIT
WOOHOOOOOOOO

I've never noticed the UN being bugged any more than other empires.

I desire to fornicate with Wiz,

Is there a way to rescind a claim on a system in Stellaris?

Because if not, I've made a huge mistake.

Do as all a favour and contract HIV beforehand.

M-MUGANI?!

>being able to tell distances between enemy fleets is "number crunching"
fucking lol

there isnt one single reference in a 3d field. order to find out the relative distance of 3 fleets against 1, you need several references.

are outposts the only way to expand your borders now? My pops are growing and I haven't really seen an increase in my borders.

6.1LY.

It's far better when you see it in motion.

>all this talk about math/s and not about neat mechanics that should be added to stellaris
ur mom gay lul

Clearly Imperialism will now be properly balanced against democracy

except its a strategy game and it does matter

one down 3 to go

Yes, you only expand into systems buy building outposts. 100 minerals 60 influenze 0 upkeep

>there are actually people defending forced status quo on the Stellaris forums
Why? Seriously what the fuck? Why would people actually a prefer a bullshit gamey system that takes away player agency like this?

I'm fairly certain you just lack the ability to visualized 3d space, user. I'm sorry for your disability.

Anyone? It's sort of hard to win a war when I need +600 warscore.

Sychophants, sock-puppet accounts, actual shills, retards.
Take your pick.

>except its a strategy game and it does matter
Then you take the extra half second to turn the galaxy more to see where they are, user.
SotS is turn based, you have loads of time to inspect the star field.
Stellaris can be paused at any time.

Nobody cares about your ideas for new bloat except the other idiots who don't realize that their ideas are bad

its not about ability its about ease. i probably have a better spatial aptitude than you.
2d projection is very easy to use. even goddamn nasa uses 2d projection.

You can only build 1 gate site at a time. You can upgrade as many as you want though.

>planet cracker gives a permanent -100 on everyone
not even purging gives a permanent debuff

I'd like to add fleets that have been detected on the turn flash. Which is why the icon is missing in I haven't even gone into the military or the political map modes yet.

Jesus fucking christ
This is what we're dealing with.

>he doesn't know

why is the center of a galaxy uninhabitable?