/xcg/ - XCOM General

Chinese New Year edition

Previous thread:News:
1)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 02/09/2018)
>Demo video:pastebin.com/jH0Dgvxc
Q&A sessions
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2018/1/22/julians-live-question-and-answer-session-on-facebook-live
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2018/2/5/facebook-live-qa-2-terror-from-the-deep
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

2) A new unknown dlc was added for XCOM2 however there wasn't any anouncement yet.
>steamdb.info/app/268500/dlc/

3)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

4)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ[Open]
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

5)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

>The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xcg/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AXtt2RjyhrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for FUCK AIR GAME

Second for buffposter.

Third for Bradford

lol at people upset they changed bradford's character

like seriously who had any unironic investment in him?

if bradford was still a young preppy military guy after being involved in a guerilla campaign against the aliens for 20 years that'd be retarded

As I said last thread, the only thing that bugged me was the change in voice actor. Everything else was fine.

pistols are useful

ur useful

X for air game was okay and just needed some work

In fact I thought about it today. Clearly the avenger is a massive fucking ship. It should have had some weaponry. Those 12 turn timed missions should have been the avenger running interference for you. There could be some sort of mini game, not sure what, with the avenger fighting air shit. Then you could have the avenger fighting interceptors and shooting down UFOs

I miss shooting down UFOs and going in there tentatively against a potentially terrifying enemy. The reward when you kill them all and collect their guns, bodies, and precious technology is so good.

I miss capturing aliens. Building that secure facility deep in your mountain base, then sending out your brave warriors to claim your prize is awesome. Back at base you get to look in at what your hard work has done, and eventually you let vahlen pry their brains open.

I feel like these two things alone are way more satisfying than XCOM 2. I can only really say killing a chosen feels as nearly as good. I still love the game but yeah.

iirc there's at least 1 XCOM2 trailer with the EU Bradford VA.

Alright finally fixed my HDD problems. cloned the old one into a new one and zero filled it to be anime/movie dump HDD and bought it an aluminum case. It had 2 bad sectors, I am not going to risk it. I can finally play XCOM now.

Which trailer?

no getting angry over who make the thread this time?

anons just wanted to updated some stuff, no one was angry.

Yeah, I hope XCOM 3 brings that back, it's a good strategy layer/tactical layer feedback loop.

>anons just wanted to updated some stuff, no one was angry.
you must have missed last thread. some idiot sperged so hard mods deleted his posts

Holy fucking boys I think my meds are fucking with me I am having a mad freak out. I took some anti anxieties but I still feel weird.

Does anyone wanna play multiplayer xcomms with me?

>posting about mental illness

Are you sure we're the best type of people for this

Implying I wouldn't rather tell you guys than some normal well adjusted person

Jokes on you user I'm well adjusted

Who are you lying to user

Nobody I'm gonna graduate and be a doctor soon

Why don't you use your doctor skills to help me out with my problem then you bully

Alright user. Talk to me

What meds, have they helped before, and what are you feeling

What if everyone but you here is well adjusted.

Now that's just bullying

Venlafaxine, Bupropion. Venla was working great, helped curtail my anxiety, was feeling almost normal but felt like I wasn't quite there so doctor modified it with bupropion.
Took 150 mg for awhile, then got bumped up to 300. Laid down today to go to bed, was literally browsing the xcom 2 workshop,
and then I got this weird sensation like my head was spinning or falling and I felt like I was about to black out. Figured it was just a one off thing as it went away, then it came back,
went away, came back, went away. I figured it was just anxiety/panic at this point so I tried to lay down, then it hit me hard. Literally flipped on my stomach and grabbed hte side of the bed because I got this sensation like I was being sucked away. That's the only way I can describe it. Like my body but not my body was falling out of me. I haven't taken any other drugs and never have besides weed, and I haven't touched weed in years because it just makes me freak out. I am not on acid or shrooms I swear. Anyway I took 2mg of ativan because I was freaking the fuck out so I am feeling better but I still have the weird sensations

You're entering the adjustment period due to the drug increase. I would make a note of the symptoms you describe and see if they get better or worse as your brain/body tolerates this new dosage. If this continues without improvement and you really prefer going back to the Venla + 150 Bupropion you should do that

So during this adjustment period, it really could fuck with you like that?

Yes

It would also be nice if you could get a blood pressure and heart rate reading when you're having an episode

Going away from the topic of medicine it reminds me that I'm sick, anyone else use Richard's Classes?

Thank you for your time and expertise doctor user

Don't thank me I'm just passing through

That's just not true.

Wrong

I can guarantee that at least someone else here is fucking fucked up. its me send help

I love all of you and hope you're happy even if you are brutally wrong about nuford looking like oldford

>need bladestorm
>get face-off

When is RPG overhaul going to add psi powers and templar swords.

You're alright user, I like you too. even if i dont understand the need to frog

I heard that there was new DLC on the horizon for WotC. Is there any truth to this?

Look at 2) in the OP user

>tfw more than one user in an unrelated thread has psych advice

>ativan
I would stay the fuck away from that as much as possible, knew someone who had horrible withdrawal when trying to get off of it.

Did you notice any effect from the bupropion before the dosage was increased? I'm biased against it because I actually tried it for a few months when I thought I had depression. It never worked, and I had bad withdrawal with it myself.

Any history of Epilepsy in your family?

I agree with the other user about trying to get a blood pressure and heart rate reading while this is happening.

I used to get similar feelings of falling/about to black out while binge drinking heavily in my younger years and I'm fine now, if it's any consolation that the sensation is not unheard of.

There's a new unnamed entry on steamdb under xcom 2, but no further details.

Mod where this becomes full-blown tentacle molestation when?

animation is hard m8

COMMANDER! We're going to have to move fast if we're to stop Julian Gollop and his Project Phoenix.

Vigilo confido.

*Beagle activity in the background*

>"We can't allow them to create a game where the overwatch mechanic costs resources. They must be stopped at all costs, but really slowly."
t. beags

I have a new hard drive and I lost my meme folder
give me some juicy xcom memes (or any kind of memes, really)

>animation is hard m8
And so am I!

>beagle upon seeing mission timers and overwatch costing resource's:
NO! NO! THIS ISN'T RIGHT!

Excitement continues to build as the Phoenix Project's release date grows ever closer!

Wait.

Why does Beagle hate Gollop?

It may be just jokes, Julian and Jake are besties. Jake mentioned on Twitter that he backed the project and there are pics of him being buddy-buddy with Julian.

>Why does Beagle hate Gollop?
Is jokes about overwatching

No epilepsy in my family. Mum and aunts are nurse if it happens again will ask them to take heart rate. I've known ativan my whole life, my doctor is very very stingy and her and I are both very aware of its addictive properties. Unfortunately theres nothing quite like it for unnatural intense panic, so I usually carry some around with me. I don't pop them every day so so far I think I am okay. The only effect I noticed from the bupo was I was starting to feel periodically content/happy, which is unusual. Then I increased and had this feeling.

Also they have to do something with dr vahlen so there has to be more content. Unless the boss nigga aliens is really it.

Buproprion XL gave me constipation sometimes, but it was the 3rd thing I got prescribed and worked the best. Vortioxetine gave me headaches without feeling better while Fluoxetine made me feel hot all the time. Without better. I stopped cold turkey once I felt better, probably wasn't the brightest idea, but I didn't want to become dependent on 450mg of Buproprion.

That was for major depression. Now if only I could orgasm/nut strongly again. No sexual side effects from the meds, it's just something that's been bothering me for a while.

Maybe I just need a partner.

I have mad constipation from the venlo, like it's seriously affecting my life. So I've begun taking things for that. My sex drive is all over the place with the meds. I actually want them to reduce it and they did for a bit but yeah. Oh well. Last night was one of my worst experiences with long term meds though

Good thing Ativan is great for seizures

Motherfucking withdrawing alcoholics in the hospital get put on it all the time. And then they go home and relapse and fuck 1 month later here they are again, biting nurses as they fight through hallucinations. Pieces of shit

I didn't really notice any difference but that's Bradford has basically been the exact same annoying piece of shit that never shuts up in both games. I hate him just as much in Eu as I do in 2.

He's "slightly" better in XCOM 2, but that's only because the Alien Hunters mission lets me repeatedly feed his ass to the vipers over and over again, even if I'm doing Ironman.

To hell with Bradford. He's a piece of shit, with Tygen, Vahlen and both the Shens being better than him by far.

Being constipated is not a good feel. Adding additional meds to help that isn't really.food either. I feel that the less meds there are, the better.

Anti depressants are also bad because maybe apparently don't even perform better than placebos in peer reviewed medical studies. Some will even fuck up your sex life like permanently.

>Anti depressants are also bad
>because maybe
To start it off I'm going to say that anti depressants are not a magical cure-all drug. There are often serious side effects. But anti depressants can be and is, together with counceling/therapy, lifestyle changes, excercise, etc, a good thing. Consulting a proper doctor about it is better than googling.

Man, I shouldn't phone post after working nights.

I agree with what you said though.

/xcg/ - turn-based psychiatric friendship

True.

Sounds good. What made you/her decide to up the dosage then?

Huh. Based on bupropion's mechanism of action I would have expected the opposite to happen. Aside from that, though, you sound like you're doing great - on the right track, and you have competent people to check up on you, so I'd continue unless your intuition tells you not to or your symptoms get worse.

t. Dr user, PhD

Happy New Year, /xcg/

Let me bless your thread with a Lion Dance

youtube.com/watch?v=AXtt2RjyhrE

Humans are so fucking weird.

But it's year of the dog

It happened again boys. Another Ironmeme run down the drain. Three missions in a row I ran my concealed scout up to a corner and there's a fucking alien shit right there to spot me. It culminated in a party wipe where I lost Frost Grenades, Hunter Axe (right after I upgraded it), and a plethora of other items like ammos and Grimy loot weapons. I don't think that's recoverable, especially since I haven't killed any Alien Ruler yet. I'm coming to realize that money and mission rewards are generally not worth risking unreplacable items like the Alien Hunter weapons. I could have easily done without the 100 Intel I would not have gotten on that mission, but 6 dead high ranking XCOM operatives and all the lost items basically torpedoes the campaign. I know I'm a big baby because I'm struggle so hard on Commander with various mods that make the game both easier and harder, but damn if Ironmeme doesn't get my goat sometimes. After save scumming for so long, it's really punishing when a few mistakes destroy everything.

live

>Sofia

You can't tell her what she can or can't be. Don't be sexist, you pig.

It confuses the ayys. They expect a woman but they see a man, it overloads their minds.

>Picissorelatedrightnow

They're aliens, they already think we're weird.

>mfw aliens have known about Earth for centuries, but never come to visit because they evolved into a species of hikikomori and our species-wide omnisexuality freaks them out

Hey, to that user in here who's playing Into the Breach, I just picked it up myself, and let me say, it's a surprising amount of fun. How's your campaign going so far? Manage to complete a run yet? Unlock any new mechs?

Snapped and capped

>user
Actually there're many Breach players here.
7.7 hours in, shit's fun. Didn't unlock any mechs yet, want to complete first squad achievements first. Ramming Speed is a bitch. With other mech's descriptions and occasional weapon in the store, it feels like they will play much more differently, unlike the ships in FTL.
Don't pick easy difficulty, it's for pussies. Really sucks out the tension. Final showdown is intense

I would really like to have sexual relations with vahlen

Commander, please exercise restraint.

You'd have to pose it as a scientifically beneficial act, though

"I'm feeling explosive"

[Spoiler]and I never use restraint . . . Unless she wants me tied up [/spoiler]

The meme market is open

Different user, but I'm having fun. Haven't really mastered it yet even on normal, though I cleared my it my second attempt. The different squads play really differently. Currently trying the Zeinth squad

>Get a rescue stranded survivor mission
>Two turns in the car they are next to explodes
>MISSION FAILED

How was I supposed to avoid this? I literally could not have reached them if my movement range was double and I didn't encounter any lost.

I'd like an iron meme please.

Just delete your save file

I need the cheevo god damnit Jake stop raping my ass.

>tfw got the ironmeme achievement for finishing my first regular Commander campaign on release
Get outskilled, /xgc/.

hey me too

>Ramming Speed is a bitch.
Got that on second island. Did it completely by accident. Turns out you only need to move four tiles if the enemy is the fifth. Didn't know it worked like that, got lucky. Also, machpunching psions is among the most satisfying things I've seen thus far. Also, using the artillery mech to push vek into water will never ever get old.

I haven't cleared it yet. Trying to decide what my second squad will be, I've got nearly enough coins for any of them currently (I think I need one more for the 6 coin guys). Probably gonna take one of the weird squads on my second run.