/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous shitpost:

Nyan

Good hunts tonight, /mhg/.
Have a great night.

>Brown kirin slut

Thanks for not being a shitter OP

Am I a quitter if I just meld a Teostra gem to finish the hunting horn?

>just played with randoms for the first time

Holy fuck, you guys weren't kidding about IG users being so high all the time

where lobby
lobby where

get this gross brown shit out of the OP

>Just got two teo gems from silver quests rewards in the same quest after only two hunts
You're just not good enough at monster hunter it seems

>capturing a monster during an arena quest

Why tho

Are there any good ways to mount with HBG? The only way I'm aware of is to jump off a cliff and reload in the air above them but it's never really a good idea

Post kill screens!

Also wheres the lobby

The pleasure of making it regrow all its parts to fight again.

How the fuck do I get tempered quest?
Outside of the 2 tempered BJ and Tempered Kirin, I been fighting all normal monsters.

pick up blue tracks on expeditions

I want to make a female hunter but I don't think I want to replay the 105 hours I've already put into the game. FUCK

>really want to wear a full set that doesn't have garbage stats
>forced to clownsuit until transmog is implemented in MHW

Pick up blue tracks, hope you get investigation off it. Certain areas spawn certain levels of monsters for different tiers, depending on hunter rank.

Name one(1) thing better than tan kirin sluts

Must it be expeditions only?

Remember that female hunters need strong male hunters like us.

HI WHERE ARE THE ROOMS

Har Har but you're right. I'll give it another shot.

Anal-only tan kirin sluts

>when 3 monsters are fighting and you can't possibly expect the dung bomb to diffuse the situation
time to sit in a bush and eat popcorn

Can monsters kill each other in World? I know they could before, especially seeing what brachy does to azure rath in 3U, but now it seems like I always have to get the last hit in.

Should've made better decisions at the beginning, user

Yes. And it counts as a kill for you.

Haven't you ever desired to be able to completely control a female hunter?

I'm running Barroth SA with double life steal, Nerg's set bonus, and earplug 5.
You can't stop me.

What's the best LS again?

Just dung bomb the one you're trying to fight!
Also, I'm trying to make a good slime CB build
>inb4 CB shittier
I know, but even after getting all the relevant gems I can't bring myself to go full unga with Tyrannis.
So which CB is best for slime? I really love Gama Slit and I don't yet have enough handicraft gems (0) to make the Magdaros one tolerable due to sharpness, and I like the 2 slots on Slit. Or should I free element one of the bone CB's?

>grinding for mini rath before the event goes out

You guys fucking lied to me. This green faggot is giant every god damn time.

>Been hunting Nergigante all night.
>6 failed quests in a row from people who keep dying and wasting my time.
>3 successes.
>No gems.
How do you deal with the grind?

As far as people who say "There are no tanks or healers." THEN EXPLAIN HUNTING HORN AND WIDE RANGE SNS! YOU'RE TELLING ME THESE BUILDS CAN EXIST BUT MAKING A TANK BUILD WITH A WEAPON THAT HAS A SHIELD IS UNHEARD OF! GET OUTTA HEEEEEERE!

What are the recommended augments for the jagras hacker?

>fucking all of that
XX must be massive

Buffs stack right?
I can have might seed, demon powder, demon drug, adamant pill, hardshell powder, and armorskin all at the same time right?

There are no tank sets because there's no way to guarantee the monster's attention stays on you. Drawing aggro is the most important part of a tank.

>playing with others
>bitching about the grind being too slow

Not grinding with randos for once.
Also listening to podcasts and shit while I grind

I LOVE THE SWITCH AXE!

Is dragon piercer affected by bow charge levels? What would be the optimal play for, say, a crit draw build? Draw > charge to lv4 with dodges > dragon piercer?

If you think a build like this is leaching then you also think that the wide range sns build is leaching since it exists just to make people not die.
I have these builds you speak of, we're probably at the same hr 100 point in the game, but this is a set designed to make the game easier with the sacrifice of fast completion time.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and yea there is overkill on this set because it was designed to be overkill on the defense side.
Your complaints about this build are basically, "you don't dps so you're worthless." So you don't appreciate the set for what it is which is a super tanky build. You're overthinking it because you believe that lances should be played one way when in reality there are many ways to use each weapon.
There have been many times where I will mess up and end up carting especially late at night, this build was designed to counter the cart and it does a damn good job of it.

How does that even happen?

>tail
get this furry faggot shit out of the OP

Hey all, I'm just a dirty mh casual babby, looking for some streamers to learn from.

I already learn from gaijinhunter, what do you guys think about him? Also that guy Arekkz, I know back in generations I preferred gaijinhunter over him but he seems like a pretty good guy... Are there other people to learn from?

I tune in to the PS4 streams and I mostly see the same streamers like pokosyukeee that I don't really like...

Who's good to watch? Who are our guys/baes? Please do tell. Thanks.

don't play with randoms, thats for sure.
i need some nergi shit, why not post a room?

It is.

You can't tank because you can't force aggro.
Monster Hunter isn't an MMO. It's an action game. MMO-style roles don't really exist; even the hunting horn should be getting in there and doing damage instead of sticking back and buffing.

no

I want the Meowstress to be my daughter.

I want the Meowstress to be my mom.

>monster hunter on Wii U flops
>MH on ps4 sells like hot cakes

Its not fair.

>arekkz
>waifubeater
fuck off

Nerg is best done solo.
Because you sure ain't fuck cutting his tail or breaking his horns off between the MP increase threshold and his black spikes.

tl;dr

>nintendo makes a shit console
>games don't sell well on it
>sony makes a good console
>games sell well on it
weird

2x attack 1x affinity if you run 100% crit max might build, otherwise 3x attack

>diablos/black diablos arena quest
holy fuck, what

good post my dude!

I can't tell if this is bait, but either way I don't care for either of those 2. Never watched Arekkz but to me gaijin while not awful seems ...I dunno. alright I guess.

I just want to take care of her and protect her from all the weirdos.

>Monster Hunter on unpopular console doesn't sells
>Monster Hunter on the most popular console of the generation sells
Gee what a shock

wii u was mad comfy tho, 3u was a total blast

based Pookie
never bully him again

Okay! Okay! There's gotta be somebody worth watching.

Please tell me what it is about the whole wife beating thing... I always thought that was a meme.

How do you tell if an investigation is T2 or not, since that’s what everyone’s apparently supposed to grind for now. Is it denoted by required HR or something?

nah, as long as everyone is decent breaking his horns and cutting the tail is easy.

Is playing solo in all MH games the way to go?

T2 requires hr 30

>As long as everyone is decent

Yes, unless it's good friends, randoms are shit.

>he hasn't seen the photos

T2 is HR30
T3 is HR50
It's under "Conditions"

>49k research points
how do you guys do this

>Teostra quest
>Flash bomb loop it to death
Oh, is this what guilt feels like?

One of the easiest ones really.
The lance set fucks them up hard

T1 says HR13+, T2 says HR30+, T3 says HR50+

>those exceptions
Maybe some day..

you fucking piece of shit

What's the best LS weapon right now?

They all die before they can become tempered sadly.

If you do gathering runs in the Elder Recess, the numerous account item nodes can net you a lot of points. If you're filling out the ingredients list, you can end up getting a lot of them on the side.

Research stuff. Collect items and endemic life occasionally. I don't ever even do expeditions, and I buy out the Argosy, send out Safaris, and keep the farm going constantly and always hover around 50k

To be fair I am at 270 hours and that's my very first one of those

Okay, thanks.
No, they’re all insufferable cunts. They’re either dudebros like Arekkz who aren’t any good at the games but have connections in the industry or absolute autists like gaijin and the like. And who knows if he actually beat his wife or not, but his wife divorced him a while back and left him the kid. There is literally not a single good MH youtuber out there. Anything you want to learn from them anyway you can ask about here, or reddit ironically.

Just keep registering bounties, if you're lucky you'll keep getting hunting ones and honey collection, then just farm as usual, they'll pile up really fast even if your melding/safari/argosy all at once.

blessed OP

Wait can the elder babel lance not get white sharpness?

Is there any reason to continue the safari once you have all the sinister cloth you need?

They can get you extra nourishing/dash extracts

T2-3 room
3ZyFAmnKvQrH

Okay thanks for telling me.

Sad I can't support any Veeky Forums streamers

If you're making new weapons and can't be bothered to fight low rank monsters that take less time than the loading screens, they can help out.