/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 1.0.0 soon, 2.0.0-3.0.0 upcoming, 4.1.0 eventually (3.0.0 for Homebrew)
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.55
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Switch: switch.hacks.guide/
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Feb ??] SciresM is working on a custom firmware for Switch called Atmosphere: github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for Nvidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console

>Vita
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/commit/0a399ea2c4537c9d8de08f81dd69f4dcae9cc50c github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm/commit/196e5b45961737b8b85854cf8412627e3ccfcddc

>PS4
[Feb 27] 4.55 hack released by qwertyoruiop: crack.bargains/hax455.txt
[Feb 4] HABBEDING ALERT - FW 5.0 IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/comments/7v8p8q/volodymyr_pikhur_recon_2018_presentation_fw50/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/suggestion-ps4-bundles-firmware-list.487337/
twitter.com/qlutoo/status/969169412313018368
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Always wanted to make an OP. Anyway, not sure I got the PS4 news right, someone spot check that.

PS4 news is basically 4.55 is the new 4.05. Possible 5.01 and 5.05 exploits soon, waiting on 5.50 to drop.

>Switch homebrew is finally a thing
>I let my gf borrow my switch and she accidentally updated it..
>TWICE
>My face when

I am going to fucking END IT ALL right now

Even my 12 year old brother knows not to update.

>Retarded github link removed from switch news
Based

>Have you ever donated to any person in the homebrew community?

>Would you pay for a stable homebrew in your favorite console? If so, how much?

>Are you white?

No
Absolutely not
no

do you feel harassed everytime you go to walmart?

No
Not really,waiting game usually works
Yes

no
no
yes

no
no
idk

I homebrewed my wii today but it doesn't have GC ports. Is it possible to play GC games using a different controller like the classic?

asl?

yes

pretty sure nintendont supports other controller mapping and virtual memory card saves

>can modify pkmn red/blue/yellow/silver VC saves and use my VBA ones with no biggie
>gold and crystal get corrupted everytime

why would you be happy about that?

because i know they work and the transfer method works. i just have no idea why those two fuckers keep failling

How long do you guys think it'll be before a 5.00 ps4 hack is out?

I'm having trouble with the Homebrew Browser. Everytime I try to browse utilities, crashes with a DSi error, Downloads are ?/0MB, and the Emulators tab won't even open. Is there a way to fix this or is there another alternative I can use? I've tried everything I've been able to find on Google, but nothing that I have found so far has seemed to work.

pretty sure the hb browser died a long time ago and no longer works could be wrong though

actually looking it up i found
>The Homebrew Browser does still seem to work as of May 2017, but you need to edit settings.xml and change "setting_server" from 0 to 1 to make it use the backup server.
so it did die but now uses a backup server

Anything else I can use then?

I think I tried that and it didn't work.

guess it died again then gonna just have to put the apps manually yourself theres not really a whole lot anyway

if i buy a new 2ds xl right now (the 3d shit gives me a headache) is it pretty much guaranteed to be running 11.3.0 or newer?

I've been thinking of Homebrewing my New Nintendo 3DS XL. Anyone interested in helping me? Or know of a place where I can find people who can/will help me? (Let's face it, it would take forever on my computer. lol)

I bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL in November of last year and I think it was on 11.6-39U. Or maybe that was after I updated. Either way, I'm pretty sure it would be.

new 2ds' come starting at 11.4 and up the pokemon one is .5
you posted this yesterday its not hard at all you dont need a good computer at all and all it takes is like around 30 mins at most

Again, which firmware and method?

read op, we aren't going to spell it out for you, if you have any issues or problems that come up and you have a question about something specific, like why do I keep getting a black screen when X.

a day later and you still haven't even looked at the guide user youre the one that decides idk what firmware youre on

Is there a way to export a mii as a model file?

Well, the boot9strap DSiWare method requires the downloads of titles from the eshop (which probably costs money), and a second 3DS with custom firmware already on it. [/spoiler]That's going to be really easy and great.[/spoiler]

Okay clearly I don't know how to use spoiler tags. lol

or you just get a cheap flashcart and use magnethax not hard

You did good skyman, next time don't use a meme pic

I'll probably just get a Flashcart as soon as I have the money.

You couldn't be a bigger faggot if you tried

It's 5$ retard

Can Not64 on vWii read GC controllers? The only controller I've gotten to work is the Wii U's Pro controller.

Okay fine. I'm just gonna get it on 4/20. lol

only nintendont supports it in vwii still

Yes
No
No

no
yeah, I mean I paid for brain age for my wiiu, not to mention the costs of all those sd cards and hard drives and stuff
no

No
Yes. I'd much rather spend like $10 and buy some game to utilize similarly to haxchi then have to deal with dodgy web exploits.
Yea.

I wanna transfer my Sly Cooper Thieves in Time save from my Vita to my PS3.
Can I do that without needing to sign into PSN on my PS3?

No.
Yes (Switch), but only £50 max and if there was already freeshop available
Yes

ps3 super slim when?

no.

Fuck. Guess I'll just have to play it on my Vita for now.

5 hours

What's my best bet at scoring a 4.55 PS4 in the uk. was gonna try CEX but cant find a serial -> firmware version reference anywhere.

gbatemp.net/threads/suggestion-ps4-bundles-firmware-list.487337/
?

pretty good desu

I like it.

>he didn’t use the DNS in the OP

You really had this coming.

twitter.com/qlutoo/status/969169412313018368

>persona5.pkg mega download of 18gb
for what purpose?

Are n3dsxls off Amazon going to be hackable at this point?
Thinning of buying a backup just in case.
Are official Nintendo replacement batteries available anywhere?

I asked this before the other day but got no answer: Can a cfw ps3 play psx backup discs or even bin cue dumps?

If you're a bad enough dude you'll manually inject them with a hex editor, their save structure should be near identical once you peel away the encryption layers.

Surely there must be some tool out there by now that can do that automatically.

The latest firmware is 11.6. The OP says what can be done with that. Anything higher than 11.3 requires a $10 to $20 DS card.

Yeah batteries are cheap off their site

I don't know about the vita but for ps3 there are a few, the most used is bruteforcesavedata. It's written in vb6 and doesn't do threading so it pisses me off to no end when i open the ftp client but it's otherwise solid.
I did a shitload of research into xcom to the point i could platform shift any version to any other, they all used different compression.

Hmm. I think i'll wait for a better tool.
Got Sly 2 and 3 to play through first anyway.

is piracy even legal under sharia law?

Google it

All media other than state media is haram!

get out of here sand niger

Seriously though, in the UK it's now illegal to rip your own CDs just to listen to them on a PMP/Phone.

>no Switch revision anytime soon
Nice, and I'm keeping mine on firmware 4.1 so I'm set for years. Hopefully it doesn't have some kind of hardware issue down the line.

>mega download for a PSN game
ishygddt

Actually thats always been illegal, it was very briefly made legal and then re-illegalised before anyone even noticed it was legal.
Nobody really gives a fuck about such things we still do whatever we want. At least all those site blockades are working, oh wait.

They are though, most normies get that High Court Injunction bullshit.
Anyone who is too much of a brainlet to use tor that is

How are they going to find out you did that anyway

I'm sure the police will accidentally come across it as soon as they want to fuck with you for some unrelated reason.

Use nopaystation.

UK is a huge shit hole when it comes to stuff like this.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

Is that DNS the same as the Wii U or am I safe just keeping the Switch in airplane mode until the CFW is eventually ready?

These ps4 pkgs install so fucking quick lads, i don't think i can endure a slow ps3 install anymore. It takes longer to load the damn thing onto the usb itself.

Where have you been?

I misse you akarin

>posts a webm of cherry blossoms
>and a random street
>and an empty room
I don't get it.

I'm not the original akarin poster, found the webm in a random folder

Should I be using something instead of the Homebrew Browser? It hasn't been updated in forever and it takes forever to load everything.

>not installing ps3 pkgs over the network

So my PS4 is on 4.05. Should I just update to 4.55 and update all the necessary payloads/loader itself? Or should I just stay on 4.05 for whatever reason?

No
No
No

WTF is the point of hacking a PS4 if you can't use any online features? Seems worthless.

>he actually pays for multiplayer

We have fully translated The Alliance Alive.
Someone linked demo with jap version.
And it is working.

What are the penalties for using CFW on Switch? Are the bans similar to 3DS where it's very easy to evade bans? Or is it now like Sony, where you can have your system and PSN banned for simply having a hacked system?

Wait what? Source?

How do you get VC saves working on VBA?